SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

I just wonder how this happened? How can they let the exp servers go down for the weekend? I am a massive fan but this is big kick in the nuts!

Happens every Exp, every time. I gave up on Exp, every time same problems.

I just downloaded exp..When I press to start dayz it says "dayz has stopped working" :(

Yes,I did verify my files.

edit:Stable doesnt work either.Well,that's DayZ.

Edited by Tolispro

It's not for everyone, best to recognize that and save yourself and us a lot of grief.

Hmm... do I bother switching back? If this is anything like the last time the servers went down on a weekend, then they'll only be up for a few hours before they go down again -- then they'll be down until Monday. Is it worth my effort to fight other people for a limited amount of slots during a limited amount of time? :p

• Like 1

Hmm... do I bother switching back? If this is anything like the last time the servers went down on a weekend, then they'll only be up for a few hours before they go down again -- then they'll be down until Monday. Is it worth my effort to fight other people for a limited amount of slots during a limited amount of time? :P

That's a true, a lot of them have seemingly gone down again. If you have a good internet and want to find/try out some new stuff badly then I'd switch back.

• Like 1

Hmm... do I bother switching back? If this is anything like the last time the servers went down on a weekend, then they'll only be up for a few hours before they go down again -- then they'll be down until Monday. Is it worth my effort to fight other people for a limited amount of slots during a limited amount of time? :P

Oh just do it. lol you knew what you were in for with exp servers. XD

• Like 1

Well, even if they are up for only a few hours, it'll be worth to nab some stuff and stash it away (unless we get a wipe on Wednesday but I don't think so.) I switched to stable and decided that the temperature just doesn't work well for my poor characters over there with their ruined clothing and all.

I'll switch back tonight after work and just hope that they fix the servers while I'm working my butt off. If they haven't, I'll just be hanging around bored to pieces for the rest of the weekend :(

• Like 1

Well, even if they are up for only a few hours, it'll be worth to nab some stuff and stash it away (unless we get a wipe on Wednesday but I don't think so.) I switched to stable and decided that the temperature just doesn't work well for my poor characters over there with their ruined clothing and all.

I'll switch back tonight after work and just hope that they fix the servers while I'm working my butt off. If they haven't, I'll just be hanging around bored to pieces for the rest of the weekend :(

Luckily there are more games then just this one, you should try them. If you have Rome 2 i recommend starting a new campaign on emperors edition as Pompeii as it makes for an interesting game.

looks like you're right. back to all being down

I just got down playing  not all the servers are down at least  yet, only some are currently.Like the one i usually play in. Which sucks, but I'm glad i had a character started on a different one that is geared up.

Edited by Scarcifer

Did you suddenly drop dead, or were you "hit" by zombies that you couldn't see? I guarantee that if it's the latter, said zombie was outside the building hitting a wall and causing you damage. There really is no such thing as "invisible zombies"; there's always an explanation (usually related to a different bug) for why that is happening. If you are inside and find yourself being hit by something you can't see, exit the building immediately.

Sort of the latter, the zombie noises followed me into a barn, up the stairs and started hitting me, I fired at the only place they could be standing to no avail, there were no zombies underneath me in the building, I checked before I bled out.

That's a true, a lot of them have seemingly gone down again. If you have a good internet and want to find/try out some new stuff badly then I'd switch back.

Oh just do it. lol you knew what you were in for with exp servers. XD

looks like you're right. back to all being down

Yyyyuuuuupp :p I didn't even get a chance to switch before it happened, either. Stable it is -- stay the course, ladies and gentlemen  B)

Switch to Stable and find yourself some clothes, man! Depending on what time you'll be playing, I wouldn't mind meeting up and helping you out. I could use a hunting buddy!

I've notcied that 0.50 has been on ecperimental servers for a bit of time now was just wondering the timescale on when they put them on public servers?

I've notcied that 0.50 has been on ecperimental servers for a bit of time now was just wondering the timescale on when they put them on public servers?

Stable releases are once a month.

They've said in the devblog new stable is aimed at the end of october. But it could be later anyways.

• Like 2

Anybody else ever spawn and find themselves without pants or a backpack? This happened to me one other time in the last couple weeks and once earlier today. I think it may be related to servers crashing.

Some MP-133 action:

:thumbsup:  Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

I can't wait till we get a sound overhaul!! I think there's only 1 guy on the 60+devs who works on the sound fxs. (at least from what I heard from Dean at the panel) :(  Gotta be patient!

Edit: So, animation and description says 4 shells, but you actually put 6 in it and shoot 6? Interesting. Work in progress.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 3

the Longhorn is too sick. you dont really need a mosin when you wear that

wished the servers would be playable tho

Edited by Axezeroone

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:01 AM
This branch is by its own definition "Unstable". In simplest terms, the purpose of experimental branch is for the development team to experiment with builds in a larger userbase than our internal QA.
Sometimes that results in us finding issues we cannot catch internally, sometimes that means we can verify fixes on issues with very low repro rates.
Sometimes the builds are very unstable. (As mentioned prior)

The branch exists for load/volume/stress testing. Those who go through the process of manually opting into this branch (its not super visible - by design) and dealing with whatever issues the current build on it may have, get to sometimes see content and systems not quite ready for prime time. However, that does not mean that is the branches purpose.
As the nature of the experimental branch is for the above mentioned testing methods, neither uptime, character data, nor stability is guaranteed.

• Like 2

Yyyyuuuuupp :P I didn't even get a chance to switch before it happened, either. Stable it is -- stay the course, ladies and gentlemen  B)

Switch to Stable and find yourself some clothes, man! Depending on what time you'll be playing, I wouldn't mind meeting up and helping you out. I could use a hunting buddy!

Would love to, turns out I'm having to work today though :P Monday might work LOL

Maybe twitter is the place to get their attention and see if someone can resart them with remote access or a simple phone call to the data centre. All servers have 24/7 support.

I'm a twitter nub..not sure who to russel up!

I already did that...

Anybody else ever spawn and find themselves without pants or a backpack? This happened to me one other time in the last couple weeks and once earlier today. I think it may be related to servers crashing.

Yes I have, but not very often, thank the gods.  Even lost my boots this way once.