Sign in to follow this  
Tolispro

My first DayZ kill

I was looting a house and a fresh spawn came and tried to punch me,I started running away and he kept following me for 30 secs..i tried to kill a zombie with my axe and he tried to punch me again!I kill the zombie,take out my mosin and shoot him,he was bleeding and ran away.After 2 minutes I see him comming in the garage I was in.He had clothes and a pickaxe so I didnt know it was him at the start.I asked him if he wanted any food but he started running away because he was being chased by a zombie.Zombie was chasing the guy,I was chasing the zombie,the guy was chasing me.I shoot the zombie with my mosin and then this dude keeps chasing me with his pickaxe.I told him stop following or I will shoot!He equiped his axe,armed it(pressed space) and kept going after me.Bam,1 mosin shot=Dead.I feel really bad for killing a player :( I've played 45 hours and I always tried to be friendly/play as hero..I think he wanted to kill me at first with his fists and then with his pickaxe..What would you do if you were me?

I told him stop following or I will shoot!He equiped his axe,armed it(pressed space) and kept going after me

i have had people do this to me as well, it is truly baffling. i will have my gun trained right between someone's eyes, tell them to leave / if they pull out a weapon i'll shoot...and then they pull out a weapon and, predictably, get shot and die.

What would you do if you were me?

i definitely wouldn't have let them go the first time after wounding them the first time. luckily they had zero strategy and ran at you head first a second time, but giving an enemy some respite potentially gives them an opportunity to counter attack, or worse, stalk you for as long as it takes until you've forgotten about them and let your guard down. 

• Like 1

He drew first blood, I think no one would blame you if you do what needs to be done in order to stay alive. Next time make sure the offender won't come back, some people do not understand when you speak correctly, they think you're weak and good to kill.

As much as I hate player killing, you did do the right thing to keep yourself alive. Some jackass tried to gun me down with a shotgun in the Novo clock tower after I repeatedly tried to talk him down. I kept telling him there were more of us than there were of him through typed chat, but he still charged up with his shotgun raised.  

I would also shot that guy. Self-defence is always more important than being friendly. You acted correctly.