Sign in to follow this  
BugZ (DayZ)

New Zombie Fail

9p2ygQ.jpg

Why would you just copy and paste textures on arms and legs ? Lazy ? got too much money from alpha game and dont want bother? out of textures ?

• Like 4

Its a usual technique in 3d modeling to copy/paste textures when working the model... it helps to give a better view of the final "product".... remember.... this is a leak of a future model that is beeing worked on

• Like 1

Looks like a hobo; I wouldn't mind shooting enraged hobos. Reminds me of living in chicago

• Like 2

that doesn't look at all like a zombie. just a beat up old guy.

The "zombies" in DayZ aren't actually zombies. They are infected with a rage type virus like from 28 days/weeks later. They aren't rotting corpses

The "zombies" in DayZ aren't actually zombies. They are infected with a rage type virus like from 28 days/weeks later. They aren't rotting corpses

I beg to differ considering the ones in the mode had half chewed off faces and stuff. lol

I beg to differ considering the ones in the mode had half chewed off faces and stuff. lol

Rocket saying they are infected on multiple occasions begs to differ, not to mention this isn't the mod.

• Like 1

Rocket saying they are infected on multiple occasions begs to differ, not to mention this isn't the mod.

But again im not very afraid of these infected. That to me is somewhat of a fail in itself.

OK - so it's a symmetrical old guy 

see how excited that makes me ..  

ps -   (symmetrical except his face and his head and his shoulders and his torso and his belt and his pants and his shoes and his hair and his neck and his back and his belly.. I dunno about his genitals, you think they're symmetrical too? ... if this was MY work in progress today, do you think I should write a suicide note and throw myself off a bridge tonight? Would you?)

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

But again im not very afraid of these infected. That to me is somewhat of a fail in itself.

With the few numbers we have of them currently I don't think anyone is really afraid of them. However they are apparently planning on have thousands per server so imagine a few hundred chasing you through cherno and they surround you extremely easily since they are so fast. Thats something I would be afraid of, but I would rather have slower, undead ones honestly.

Old man war paint.

See - it"s really the Steak and Potatoes studio scan and they simply repainted it a bit, to disguise him, because Steak isn't a specially "symmetrical" person (neither am I, and no harm in that!) so they symmetricalized him a little bit  a bit to keep it all inside the << Geneva convention Addendum on Possible Bio-Engineered Intelligent "Bigfoot" or other Forest-Dwelling Lifeforms>>.  And they also made the ears more standard, etc (I think), and turned the beard into stubble so people wouldn't think DayZ was too unrealistic.. and some other little stuff., and that"s about all...

You understand now ? There's an obvious explanation for everything if you just check first before making wild statements..

He's been off fighting bears again, that's all (you can't expect anyone to be completely symmetrical or completely a-symmetrical if they've been fighting bears, can ya?)

And that's without even mentioning individual left/right testicular inequalities in the universal human male structure, ..or .. starfish symmetry.. or .... whatever...

Think about fractals instead, it calms me down to do that; maybe will work for you too?

Edited by pilgrim

With the few numbers we have of them currently I don't think anyone is really afraid of them. However they are apparently planning on have thousands per server so imagine a few hundred chasing you through cherno and they surround you extremely easily since they are so fast. Thats something I would be afraid of, but I would rather have slower, undead ones honestly.

I do not think the servers will ever support this.  Will simply bog down the servers too much making game play suffer.  Even with the newly updated engine.  To be able to do this they would have to have a totally new engine that takes advantage of all the new features available.  Might only be possible with the new DX12 coming out, it is suppose to boost performance over 50% compared to DX11.

Its a usual technique in 3d modeling to copy/paste textures when working the model... it helps to give a better view of the final "product".... remember.... this is a leak of a future model that is beeing worked on

OK - so it's a symmetrical old guy 

see how excited that makes me ..  

ps -   (symmetrical except his face and his head and his shoulders and his torso and his belt and his pants and his shoes and his hair and his neck and his back and his belly.. I dunno about his genitals, you think they're symmetrical too? ... if this was MY work in progress today, do you think I should write a suicide note and throw myself off a bridge tonight? Would you?)

Now we can see that old maggot in game. Look at legs.. This is proof of their laziness.Textures completely same, everyone face with realty. This is not good and sign of careless,talentless work.

http://www.dayztv.com/video/dayz-stable-the-illusive-hermit-zombie/

.Dkjyoy.png

Edited by BugZ

You're right. Mirrored textures = the game will fail.

Game over, guys. Literally. The devs are leaving the building.

It was a good run, but common practice for creating 3D models has scuppered the entire project.

• Like 1

Honestly people will be too busy shooting this zombie in the face to notice that he has twin skinned knees lol. Besides, the game isn't a finished product.

Edited by Kirby12352

Now we can see that old maggot in game. Look at legs.. This is proof of their laziness.Textures completely same, everyone face with realty. This is not good and sign of careless,talentless work.

..//..

Oh my god!  - and look at the face ! the chest ! And the pants ! They are all not symmetrical at all!  ... And the boots are completely not symmetrical ! Don't you think this all-too-easily-visible Unsymmetrical stuff is another obvious proof of laziness?  Its got 99% zero symmetry at all anywhere(like the first photos you found on DAYZFAN.NET),. wherever you look the poor deformed zombie dude has .. different things.. good grief.. Perhaps it was even done without symmetry complete  accident !..( like a kind of total typing error ).

The graphics guy spilled his fizzy drink in the mainframe probably.  And we can even pretend to imagine, to have fun, that this is not a zombie at all - maybe it's really supposed to be a new kind of small bush .. or a backpack?

I like your quote "This is not a good and a sign of careless, talentless work".

That made me laugh.

Let me see some of your work - whatever you do, I don't mind.. just show me.

xx pilgrim

[edit] - yo!; I just read through this (short) thread and noticed I said the same thing about 2 months back  - when you first came up with the same post , Survivor (and you even quoted me on it) : << symmetrical except his face and his head and his shoulders and his torso and his belt and his pants and his shoes and his hair and his neck and his back and his belly.. I dunno about his genitals, you think they're not symmetrical too? >>

Did you do any work on finding out about the genitals yet, that would be exciting, right ? Or are you just some sort of strange obsessive knee-only freak? (No offense intended, I'm a toe fetishist myself .. I collect them)

PLEASE post some examples of your own work, I really need to see it, ya know ??

xx thanx  pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

Actually it looks like the arms and leg UV are overlapped, so they are "sharing" the same texture space, Its pretty common technique in game dev ...This is done to save texture space,so you can have bigger UVs (still fitting onto one map) thus ending up with better res textures.

Also why are you even complaining about this? I can guarantee you if you hadn't seen this pic you would never have spotted this ingame...

You're right. Mirrored textures = the game will fail.

Game over, guys. Literally. The devs are leaving the building.

It was a good run, but common practice for creating 3D models has scuppered the entire project.

Game maybe wont fail. This might be small detail but as we can see they wont do extra work to make it better so now I can understand why game still in alpha. I bet you when game reach 1.0 this zombie will be same.

Honestly people will be too busy shooting this zombie in the face to notice that he has twin skinned knees lol. Besides, the game isn't a finished product.

No ,Usually when you using gun you only busy with iron sight or scope so just let them make that gun with shitty textures except iron sight area.

Actually it looks like the arms and leg UV are overlapped, so they are "sharing" the same texture space, Its pretty common technique in game dev ...This is done to save texture space,so you can have bigger UVs (still fitting onto one map) thus ending up with better res textures.

Also why are you even complaining about this? I can guarantee you if you hadn't seen this pic you would never have spotted this ingame...

No Its very noticeable unless you blind.

I like your quote "This is not a good and a sign of careless, talentless work".

That made me laugh.

Let me see some of your work - whatever you do, I don't mind.. just show me.

xx pilgrim

This is not my job. They taking money to desing things in game and they call themself as professional so they should be able to do it perfect.

Edited by BugZ

See now I really don't give the singlest fuck about this, because I love this game generally but I am very spooked about one thing.

Who in the fuck decides they wanna inspect a grandpa closely half naked? None of my business what fetish you have I really just think it's weird.

• Like 2

Who in the fuck decides they wanna inspect a grandpa closely half naked? None of my business what fetish you have I really just think it's weird.

Made me think of Kenny;s grandpa song ROFL

..//..

This is not my job. They taking money to desing things in game and they call themself as professional so they should be able to do it perfect.

No no, you misunderstood me ( I didn't think even for half a second you were a programmer)..  I just meant - whatever you do for a living - the job you take money for - .. (plumber, pro golfer, cab driver, .. whatever) show me an example of your work  so I can admire how you do it perfectly. Don't worry if what you put up is not 100% godlike-perfect, you can always add a title to it like .."alpha".. or something; ya know?  I promise I won't laugh.

Now - if you'd have noticed that slight rifle-charger outline error that someone spotted on these forums a while back - then I'd be truly impressed.

Edited by pilgrim

Also don't forget that, to save UV space of the texture, most of the times arms and legs are mirrored geometry and both of all 4 the UV layout will be the same, to save texture space, modelers place both arms over each other in the UV space and legs, thus only need to create one texture to texture them both..

ignorend kid