Sign in to follow this  
Tolispro

My character is freezing..help!

I was looting the svetlo ship and got attacked by 2 dudes with axes,I let them live but they ruined my vest and coat.All my clothes were damp so I dropped them and got new ones.I was playing for 15 minutes with a brown "freezing" bar till I quitted.What should I do? I got a PSU/long scope range and bayonette for my mosin,I dont want to lose them.Do i need to make a fire?I got rags,bandages,axe,splints and wooden stick. :(

FYI raincoat only helps from getting wet. Now temperatures are as bugged as zombies 6 months ago. Sometimes when I spawn I never get cold, sometimes I get into hypothermia in an hour. I mean, they didn't implement any mechanics against cold except fireplaces. Even staying indoors doesn't help against cold. Staying in the sun doesn't help either. There are however few servers with specific daylight (specific hour of a day) where you never get cold and can run for hours. Some servers are constant rain, or sunny days, and you still get cold.

Edited by MaxRain

Two solutions if you're still alive:

Solution 1:

Switch between servers until you find one with sunny weather. That's a quick thing that can save your ass but it may be considered as cheating.

Solution 2:

Check the online map on dayzdb.com/map and search for a house nearby where you can slowly get warmer.

Solution 1:

Switch between servers until you find one with sunny weather. That's a quick thing that can save your ass but it may be considered as cheating.

Solution 2:

Check the online map on dayzdb.com/map and search for a house nearby where you can slowly get warmer.

Im at a city next to berezino by the sea.I will try staying indoors but does this actually help?I was in a sunny server but I still kept freezing

Solution 1:

Solution 2:

Im at a city next to berezino by the sea.I will try staying indoors but does this actually help?I was in a sunny server but I still kept freezing

Can you see your breath? Some servers are configured for cool temperatures only and if it's the case just jump servers until you recover the situation.

Temperature

From DayZ Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search
This page covers the Standalone version of DayZ. For information on the Mod see Mod:Temperature

Temperature in DayZ Standalone is an ever-present danger. Your body temperature determines how easy it is to get Infections. Common temperature while day + running is 42°C (107.6°F), while night is 35°C (95°F).

In DayZ, the temperature will vary, even during the day. The Weather is a factor in how warm or cold you are.

Your breath will gauge if it is cold outside, if you can see your breath, get some pants on!

You increase your body temperature by:

• Moving (very slow, faster movement speed will neutralize loss)
  • Remaining near a Fireplace (very fast)
  • Remaining inside buildings (slow)
  • Staying in the sunshine (slow - moderate based on time of day)

Your body temperature will decrease when:

• You are outdoors at night (slow)
  • You are outdoors in a rain storm (fast)
  • You are outdoors in a windy environment (slow)
  • You are immersed in water (Very fast)

When you reach a body temperature that is too high, you will become hyperthermic. When this occurs, you will see the following status marker:

Hyperthermia.png?version=923627b2223bfd7

source: dayz.gamepedia.com
  • Like 1

I like the way temperature is working so far

The thing I would like to see is MORE ways to start a fire. Matches work great but there are many other ways to get a fire going

IRL I keep my magnesium spark stick in my backpack always...ya never know when you might need to burn something B)

there's a glitch that when you're on the ship or on a dock over water you will automatically get soaked (game think you're in the water, because alpha).  if you went back on the ship after changing clothes you would've just got soaked again.  get off the ship and run to berezino (it's closer, you'll never get to svetlo alive) and get new clothes again.

there's a glitch that when you're on the ship or on a dock over water you will automatically get soaked (game think you're in the water, because alpha).  if you went back on the ship after changing clothes you would've just got soaked again.  get off the ship and run to berezino (it's closer, you'll never get to svetlo alive) and get new clothes again.

Im at a city by the sea like I said,next to berezino.I found clothes on the ship but they didnt get damb(or damp?idk :P)

A fire would help... but to light it you need matches, all the other things you need you have. Rightclick your clothes if you can wring them out... ;-)

Ah,so the portable burners don't work for warming up,I've been trying the same thing lol