Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Anyone using the Blaze 95?

Does anyone use the Blaze 95? I mean, when you are "in reach" of SKS or something?

What's actually the meaning of this gun? There are better rifles that are as easy or even easier to get. Mkay, it looks cool in combination with a cowboy hat... but that's all (?)

Edited by RogueTrooper

Not really its a rather pointless gun at the moment just like the .22 Sporter until they start making guns more rare.

101 is my go to gun until i can find an M4 or any future AR thats just overall better.

In some case blaze allways better. For example I encounter guy with mosin in novo he shot at me he miss same time I shot at him I miss but while he loading another ammo for mosin I shot him in his chest with blaze. But if I couldnt shot him with second blaze bullet he was probably going to kill me. :D

The blaze is a versatile gun, a mix between a rifle and a shotgun. It s effective at long range (400m vs 50m) and precise which is not the case for a shotgun and yet you have the same stopping power. It s a great rifle if you didnt find a SKS and if you need to be effective at both close and long range. If you re playing in a group the blaze will allow you to help your mates in pretty much any situation, if you re on your own and fighting more than one opponent in close quarters you will probably die.

• Like 2

The blaze is a versatile gun, a mix between a rifle and a shotgun. It s effective at long range (400m vs 50m) and precise which is not the case for a shotgun and yet you have the same stopping power. It s a great rifle if you didnt find a SKS and if you need to be effective at both close and long range. If you re playing in a group the blaze will allow you to help your mates in pretty much any situation, if you re on your own and fighting more than one opponent in close quarters you will probably die.

And thats whey you get an MP5k best gun for multiple opponents while being able to conceal a weapon.

Actually any AK, AR, or SMG is really good for close fights with multiple opponents now that i think of it. Rifles in this game seem kind of underwhelming for anything but long range fights really.

Edited by Deathlove

And thats whey you get an MP5k best gun for multiple opponents while being able to conceal a weapon.

Actually any AK, AR, or SMG is really good for close fights with multiple opponents now that i think of it. Rifles in this game seem kind of underwhelming for anything but long range fights really.

I never found a SMG in 130h of play, if i find one i ll probably drop my handgun and have an assault rifle and a SMG combination. Must be a deadly combination.

I never found a SMG in 130h of play, if i find one i ll probably drop my handgun and have an assault rifle and a SMG combination. Must be a deadly combination.

Its worth it just need to find at least 2 magazines and your gold. The other SMG is way to harder to find at the moment but the ammo is more plentiful stupidly enough.

I like the Blaze more than the SKS since it has the same ammo-type as the Mosin and I mainly use guns for hunting animals.

• Like 2

500h of play didnt find even one mp5k and didnt encounter guy with mp5k.  I starting to think why this gun in damn game.

• Like 1

500h of play didnt find even one mp5k and didnt encounter guy with mp5k.  I starting to think why this gun in damn game.

Well considering its only been in the game for what 2 months? Your estimation seems... Skewed...

As for the blaze its very good. And with a snap loader its better for CQC then a mosin.

• Like 1

I like the Blaze more than the SKS since it has the same ammo-type as the Mosin and I mainly use guns for hunting animals.

Yeah but the SKS packs just as much if not more punch PLUS it can use a scope and soon to be hopefully workable bayonet for when you need to be silent to kill.

Also:

I don't think any items "must" be better or a "side-grade".

Look at the Longhorn, the Amphibia, the Bow or the Crossbow. These weapons are all "bad".

Or items like the Hoodie, Jeans or Canvas pants. They serve no "real" purpose, but exist.

And I think that's what makes DayZ good and unique. Not every item is a direct up- or sidegrade, but items just exist.

(More diversity is always welcome. The more the merrier :D )

• Like 1

Also:

I don't think any items "must" be better or a "side-grade".

Look at the Longhorn, the Amphibia, the Bow or the Crossbow. These weapons are all "bad".

Or items like the Hoodie, Jeans or Canvas pants. They serve no "real" purpose, but exist.

And I think that's what makes DayZ good and unique. Not every item is a direct up- or sidegrade, but items just exist.

(More diversity is always welcome. The more the merrier :D )

I think the Blaze will be better once if it gets a scope to be honest.

• Like 1

Love the accuracy of the Blaze, ammo and snap loaders are not too hard to find and simpler designs just generally appeal to me.

Would i pick it over an SKS? Yup, can't really give a good reason why but combine it with a sawn off shotgun or a revolver and i'm a happy survivor.

Some of those might be more useful(silent) if Zombies were more plentiful and not as easy to avoid.

Blaze, sporter, cr575 all useless guns compared to the others. Why people use them depends on them whether it's that they like the look or sound of the gun or just feel better with it though statistically it sucks balls it's there personal piece of art that they'd take over a mosin any day.

Stun baton all the way.

Strange i have used the blaze quite a few times i find it quite a handy gun. In the 4 encounters with a blaze (me) vs a m4(auto firing morons usually it works much better as semi auto) i have walked away on top each time (cant say the same for the run ins i have had with guys with sks's maybe its because theyare full time semi auto that the guys dont lose there shit and spray auto fire in crazed attacks .

Im sure there plenty of skilled M4 users out there just all the ones i have run into would be lucky to hit the wide side of a barn with a 60 clip...

• Like 1

Blaze, sporter, cr575 all useless guns compared to the others. Why people use them depends on them whether it's that they like the look or sound of the gun or just feel better with it though statistically it sucks balls it's there personal piece of art that they'd take over a mosin any day.

Stun baton all the way.

Can Opener trumps your stun baton! XD

Strange i have used the blaze quite a few times i find it quite a handy gun. In the 4 encounters with a blaze (me) vs a m4(auto firing morons usually it works much better as semi auto) i have walked away on top each time (cant say the same for the run ins i have had with guys with sks's maybe its because theyare full time semi auto that the guys dont lose there shit and spray auto fire in crazed attacks .

Im sure there plenty of skilled M4 users out there just all the ones i have run into would be lucky to hit the wide side of a barn with a 60 clip...

Its best used in CQC fights on full auto. Thats what makes them good. Anything farther away and you need a scope to do anything decent with.

Stun baton all the way.

Ohh Sporter is a great gun. Makes fun to use it :)

Ofc compared to an AK it's.. meh, but still fun. You don't have get an AK all the time. Almost everytime I die i switch weapons for fun purpose. 

Its best used in CQC fights on full auto. Thats what makes them good. Anything farther away and you need a scope to do anything decent with.

Yeah at real cqb sure fire auto but i keep getting guys doing it from 100m or more where if used semi auto in in 2 or 3 shot flurries its good in full auto you have to be lucky or your dead( or i have to be silly enough to stand there waving till you shoot me.)

Dont get me wrong in each of those encounters i have  upgraded to the m4 after its done (why wouldnt you ) its just i find to many guys with the gun because they need that many bullets to get the job done( again i am sure there plenty skilled guys with the m4 i just keep meeting the drongoes....)

I like this gun a lot, in fact, I have it on me right now. Killed someone with 2 shots, but I like it for the hunting aspect more.

I like the Blaze 95. Usually my playstyle favors the use of SKS or Sporter 22 but with 7.62x39mm and non-aussault-rifle magazines so rare I use the Blaze. I like it over the Mosin as it allows for two shots in short succession and the ironsights are better. Now it can't mount a scope - but who needs a scope.

I think i'v killed another player with pretty much every weapons besides for the Cr75 and Blaze. I usually find one after i'v found a mosin, or if i do find one and take it i wouldn't hesitate to drop it for a mosin or SKS(unless i had more ammo for the blaze) I just see it as an inferior weapon to all those other ones in every single way (besides the CR275 maybe due to how rare the mags are at the moment)