Sign in to follow this  
robophant

Reconsider priorities please - we have to be able to report hackers efficiently

Here is a suggestion to prevent player base gets toxic as it does right now:

We need to be able to report hackers! It makes no sense to message to the forum admins or the devs if we have to provide them the player name and the Steam-ID of a hacker. There is no way to find out such things once you are dead.

Hackers right now are one of the most game breaking parts of DayZ.

I know there are threads about people calling other people hacker and these threads are going to the graveyard. Fair enough.

But we still need some kind of security in here while this new anti-hack engine is still under development - and I am pretty sure it's not getting released within the next year.

Also I am not talking about exploiting glitches like unlimited-ammo-glitch or stuff like that!

Please reconsider the priorities and give us something to hold on to!

Edited by robophant

Here is a suggestion to prevent player base gets "poisoned" as it does right now:

We need to be able to report hackers! It makes no sense to message to the forum admins or the devs if we have to provide them the player name and the Steam-ID of a hacker. There is no way to find out such things once you are dead.

Hackers right now are one of the most game breaking parts of DayZ.

I know there are threads about people calling other people hacker and these threads are going to the graveyard. Fair enough.

But we still need some kind of security in here while this new anti-hack engine is still under development - and I am pretty sure it's will not getting released within the next year.

Also I am not talking about exploiting glitches like unlimited-ammo-glitch or stuff like that!

Please reconsider the priorities and give us something to hold on to!

It would be nice if there was some system where you could click a button in the menu and it'd have some interface like a bug report where you just type what happened and it automatically does things like say where you were, what happened, who was near you (through ID, not player name) and even better if it's some automated process where it takes common people so they can have a closer look taken at them. Of course I imagine this would take a lot of work to make and is just wishful thinking.

*snip*

Of course I imagine this would take a lot of work to make and is just wishful thinking.

yep, it would take some work i suppose but anything would be better than the actual way where you have to get an unknowns player steam id before the admins take any action. That's never gonna happen.

Edited by robophant

Until notified otherwise this applies...

Hacking:
If you believe you have found evidence of an unknown hack, submit the evidence to one of the Forum Staff and it will be looked into and verified. Posting a topic will result in it being locked.

We have received detailed videos/Steam ID's and the hacks being used (in same report) on several occasions.

I have been sent details of a private hack group by a person who has never posted on the Forums, he joined just to send me the details.

Keep in mind that if you know the hack is available then BI & BE are also aware of it.

As always WIP.

• Like 4