Sign in to follow this  
UltimateGentleman

How are we supposed to play the game right now?

So after dying of starvation like 3 times in a row, dying from losing a bathtub full of blood after a player and like 10 zombies attacked me while I defended myself with a pitchfork that didn't hit anything, I then spawn here.

CHlisqN.jpg

Where once again INSTANTLY a zombie sees me, from that shore over there(and promptly runs in the water to do lord knows what)

Then I see a player who leads a zombie away, which means FINALLY I get peace from zombies for 5 seconds to search for food! Of which there was none, naturally.

Found a pickaxe though.

Then I had to join another server, instantly a zombie attacks again while I'm checking an apple tree.

Swung the pickaxe at it like 10 times, 2 hits...

Then some douchebag with a shotgun comes out of nowhere and kills me from like 30m away.

The game seems so much more of a hellzone than ever before and it fucking sucks you have to be extremely lucky to get anywhere now it seems. If you want to look in literally any building you have to somehow survive many zombies with no weapons and it's just ridiculous, even if you manage to lure them away or kill them without losing all your blood you're not likely to find anything useful anyway.

Just wtf has happened since I last played the game a couple of months ago? It's just insane now. Last time it was at least survivable now you spawn hungry and more often than not get cold within seconds.

One does not simply "play" an "EARLY ACCESS ALPHA". However one does test it for bugs and glitches. You can't play an unfinished game, keep that in mind next time you get mad at it. :P

• Like 10

You are supposed to punch those zombies to death. Just try it - it works.

Not when there are like 3 or very often you'll lose too much blood just trying to search a few houses safely...

One does not simply "play" an "EARLY ACCESS ALPHA". However one does test it for bugs and glitches. You can't play an unfinished game, keep that in mind next time you get mad at it. :P

...what sense does that make? You can still play it it's just not going to function as well as the finished product.

How are we supposed to play it and test bugs if it's nearly impossible to live long enough to test any guns etc? Not like we can enable God mode and do whatever we want or spawn in new guns to see how they function, they should lighten the difficulty so we can actually test it effectively...

• Like 1

The new loot tables have been designed to stop the CoD behavior, making survival more difficult so that people think more about how to stay alive rather than running straight to NWAF. But the game isn t as hard as you say, just some old habits to forget and replace them with new ones.

• Like 9

Not when there are like 3 or very often you'll lose too much blood just trying to search a few houses safely...

...what sense does that make? You can still play it it's just not going to function as well as the finished product.

How are we supposed to play it and test bugs if it's nearly impossible to live long enough to test any guns etc? Not like we can enable God mode and do whatever we want or spawn in new guns to see how they function, they should lighten the difficulty so we can actually test it effectively...

You literally are talking about a problem in this game, are you not? It's too difficult because of the new updates? The zombies are buggy as shit, the spot you some times before you even see them, you spawn too hungry, all of these are current issues that are somewhat game-breaking. That is testing/debugging. Now, if you'd be so kind as to stop being like half of the other people on the forums and stop complaining and start reporting things that you think are making the game unplayable the game MIGHT actually get better.

• Like 6

You literally are talking about a problem in this game, are you not? It's too difficult because of the new updates? The zombies are buggy as shit, the spot you some times before you even see them, you spawn too hungry, all of these are current issues that are somewhat game-breaking. That is testing/debugging. Now, if you'd be so kind as to stop being like half of the other people on the forums and stop complaining and start reporting things that you think are making the game unplayable the game MIGHT actually get better.

Are you saying it's not almost unplayable right now? The devs keep changing things that just make it harder and harder to test the game at all can they not tell what's too much and what's not?

Is it really that hard to quickly tone down how much health zombies have or how far away they can see you from? These things should have been adjusted before the navmesh updates, at least when they were glitching in to floors they couldn't relentlessly attack you or chase you for over 20 minutes.

These are things that do not need to be tested, they're so obviously broken and need adjusted so we can check out other things the devs do with the game.

Why do you feel the game is too difficult? If you came to chernarus to "test guns", I hope you do it way out in the wilderness because if you are complaining about a few zombies, I would recommend never shooting your gun in a city.

Clothing and food are not hard to find if you know where to look, get out of the rain and wring your clothes out until you find a waterproof jacket. This game is turning into a full on battle between players, the elements and soon we will get more zeds to round it all off. Yes this alpha test phaze is buggy as hell and is going to cause you a lot of rage. Prepare your magical jailhouse pocket, its only gonna get harder from here to survive

• Like 4

I'd try going into steam and right clicking on dayz (properties) then clicking on the 'local files' tab then clicking 'verify integrity of cache' - i was in a similar state to you where i never warmed up except by fires and that seems to have fixed it. also I notice some servers are colder than others atm.

It's a bug that affects some players and not others. I played with a pal last night and despite having better gear I only cooled down whereas he sometimes warmed up.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

They are building the game. Thus the early access/alpha status. Complaining about an unfinished/broken feature is irrelevant. Search the bug reports if you think you found a bug, and if it's already been reported, just up-vote it. Simply whining about your difficulty to play a unfinished, currently being developed software just make you look like a spoil brat.

I don't have any problem to play the early access alpha stage DayZ stand alone game. Sadly this doesn't apply to the rest of the community right now. Take a break man, and come back when it feels "easier" for you.

• Like 3

Evil Minion, on 26 Sept 2014 - 4:07 PM, said:

You are supposed to punch those zombies to death. Just try it - it works.

Yep because zombies don't glitch around at all.

Odin Lowe, on 26 Sept 2014 - 4:59 PM, said:

They are building the game. Thus the early access/alpha status.

THAT YOU PAID TO PLAY.

• Like 1

Learn what unplayable means before spewing garbage on the forums.

Not having a go at you but I was in the same position as the op and have about 600 hours and rage quit today. The bug doesn't affect everyone and the op is just venting. Big deal. Better that that pretend everything is perfect and we should call the game 1.0 retail.

imo it is a game breaking bug for the vast majority of players. You haven't experienced the bug so you are speaking from a position of ignorance. The bug is basically this: you cool down constantly until you freeze to death. No clothes make any difference. Only sitting by a fire warms you and then within 20 minutes you need another fire. You can eat as much as you want and never get energized while cold only stuffed.

Learn what unplayable means before spewing garbage on the forums.

Learn what fanboi means before posting negatively about people on the forums.

Are you saying it's not almost unplayable right now? The devs keep changing things that just make it harder and harder to test the game at all can they not tell what's too much and what's not?

Is it really that hard to quickly tone down how much health zombies have or how far away they can see you from? These things should have been adjusted before the navmesh updates, at least when they were glitching in to floors they couldn't relentlessly attack you or chase you for over 20 minutes.

These are things that do not need to be tested, they're so obviously broken and need adjusted so we can check out other things the devs do with the game.

The majority of the Devs dont have time to sit down and test their game, thats why we are here, we tell them whats wrong with it, they fix it. They are too busy making the game. No, the game is not broken right now, just people like you who only know how to run into town to get what they need think its broken, they did this on purpose to reduce the CoD style game play. Or at least thats my opinon as to why they did it, when the game is finished you wont be able to run into town without getting a train of zombies I hope, it needs to be hard. What are you asking for? To spawn with an M4 and fully kitted? Stop complaining about the game, if you don't like it, stop playing for a few patches then come back. 

• Like 1

Learn what fanboi means before posting negatively about people on the forums.

I didn't post negatively, just said don't spew garbage and to learn what unplayable is.

THAT YOU PAID TO PLAY.

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME

• Like 6

yesterday, i spawned in and found a shotgun in like 15 minutes. i blew some guy's head off and took all his shit. 

unplayable != hard

• Like 1

Ok my friend, this has happened to me a bunch of times but you get used to it. 

First thing you need to find however is a farmers hoe, it is an extremely reliable 2 hit weapon for melee on zeds.  I know most haters will scream you MUST melee with an axe or you are DOING IT ALL WRONG but I have had a hella time with those since about 2 or 3 builds ago, I do carry one but mostly just to open cans (until I complete "Quest for Can Opener") and to get sticks and fire wood. 

Then go find food, water and clothing. 

If you spawn in Cherno or Electro like that again get the hell outta dodge as quick as you can, lots of people spawn there nowadays so it will be a death zone for bambi's for some time to come.  Don't sweat zeds that go in the water, it slows them down significantly and you can swim way faster than they can walk underwater.  If you don't know already hold shift+w to swim faster.

I like the spawn site at choke point cliffs between Electro and Cherno, there are some low yield buildings there that have some decent stuff if they haven't already been looted and a well, not all that far away, by the light house, is a car that usually has some stuff and one of the concrete floored tool sheds that sometimes have some nice stuff too.  Be careful though, I got chased by a maniac there screaming he want to kill me for my stuff and that I should stop running. 

The new loot tables have been designed to stop the CoD behavior, making survival more difficult so that people think more about how to stay alive rather than running straight to NWAF. But the game isn t as hard as you say, just some old habits to forget and replace them with new ones.

This is speaking truth to power right there.  I never really knew people meant by that but now I do.

Edited by Barnabus

You have to play smarter...it took me dying about 6 times in a row to realize that you "can't" play the game as before. You need to look after yourself more.. is an "extra" factor to worry about now, after i died the 6th time i completely changed my approach, i made finding warm clothing my top priority... that have totally change the way i play, i am in a hurry now... every second counts.

Edited by Cpanther

The game seems so much more of a hellzone than ever before and it fucking sucks you have to be extremely lucky to get anywhere now it seems.

Not about luck sonny boy...experience, u need it to survive

NOW get back out there soldier!

• Like 1

You have to play smarter...it took me dying about 6 times in a row to realize that you "can't" play the game as before. You need to look after yourself more.. is an "extra" factor to worry about now, after i died the 6th time i completely changed my approach, i made finding warm clothing my top priority... that have totally change the way i play, i am in a hurry now... every second counts.

Thing is, it's not affecting all players. I'm no longer having to light fires/cooling down constantly. I kind of miss it. Different game completely.

The way I think of it is the op (and me previously) are playing as infected so have to eat way more/drink loads/light fires constantly or else they'll be zeds.

Edited by freethink

How do you die of starvation?

No, really, I can't figure out how to do it with the immense amount of food lying around.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2

The game is extremely playable for me, sans the servers lagging rather f'in hard with more than 20 people in it, but whats new.  Though I only play on 1 server.  22 hours since the wipe, same char.  The only bug I am experiencing is the rapidly clicking LMB resulting in swapping hotkeys bug.  Everything else seems perfectly fine and stable.  ymmv obviously.

You can run from zombies and lose them moreso than ever.  Trapping them in houses is far more possible.  Melee outside axes and fists seems a little borked.  The weather affects become trivial shortly after fresh spawn.  I don't get all the hyperbole people keep ranting about.  Maybe im doing something wrong? or right.