Sign in to follow this  
UltimateGentleman

How are we supposed to play the game right now?

man are people still complaining about this development build we paid to beta test? Seriously its getting old. If I was Dean I would lock down all the servers, stop the public using it and allow a select few to test it while they develop it in peace, just to shut some of you whining man children up, then you would have to wait until the game does get released a year or two from now just to make you happy so you then have your Completed bug free game to enjoy. The one thing that really annoys me is inpatient people who AGREED to test an alpha build that isn't even an actual game, and start throwing their toys out their pram, and expecting unrealistic results NOW. Then you get the idiots that accuse bohemia of robbing you because they aren't working fast enough for you. Try actually looking into game development, and educate yourself on how the actual process works, its not 5 people sitting in a room all doing bug fixing. You have 3d modellers, people who convert and add textures, making sure the UVW co ordinates match up fine, you have programmers, coders, animaters, script writers and yes bug fixers. All these people have a lot on their plate right now and they don't take kindly to their hard work getting slammed by the inpatient kids that misunderstood what they signed up for when they agreed to the terms and conditions. Alternatively try handing in a CV at bohemia so you can actually contribute to the project if you think you can do better and move this project along any faster. If not then shut up, bug report where needed and stop whining.

Edited by archamedes

Certainly you should not be playing right now to beat the game and get fully equipped every character. It is tougher for sure, expect to respawn a few times before you get established again.

I've never played a game where so many people place the blame of their own inability upon the game itself. If other people are able to play the game and enjoy it, despite the difficulty, perhaps you should practice more or do some research online to figure out why they are succeeding where you are failing.

It's like struggling to learn algebra and blaming the teacher or the book when the rest of the class is doing just fine. With an attitude like that, you're never going to learn to enjoy a game like dayz. If you want a game that is easily accessible for everyone that picks it up, I suggest you stick to AAA titles.

• Like 2

6 hours to find a box of matches, 6HOURS!.   the trail of shite i left behind included makarovs, makarov magazines, shotguns shells, shotguns, several axes, many screwdrivers, countless lighted flares and glow sticks and a badly infected partridge in a apple tree.

i treat this game like real life, i hoard loads of drinks and food and then sit in a room with a pc.

Relax, use your brain and you'll do fine. Look at the arc of your weapon and make sure the Zeds are within that arc. Pay not attention to anything other than "you are freezing" and "You are cold". Anything else is meaningless. Food is literally everywhere. Get off the damn coast. If you get Cernaya Polana spawn you are golden. Just head up the hill and go to the fire house. You'll find at least 30% or 40% of what you need in that building alone. Go next door to the two story log cabin with the shed attached to it and you'll find even more gear. Then head down the road and to the left and you'll find a bunch of garages. Cernaya Polana is loot heaven. There's also a food house nearby, a junk yard to the east, Novad to the North, etc., etc.

the only problem for me at the moment is rain, two seconds in rain and you are soaked, I understand this will surely  be fixed one day. also some zombies (we keep calling them that even though they are infected) are still more buggy than others. I find females to be the easiest to kill, dodge and strike works always, and their lunge only affects you if you are in front of them. some male zombies still hit you 5 meters away and even if you dodge them. Im not sure why this, I thought all zombies would use the same prefab.

I have noticed EVERY update ruins melee weapons for about a week.

the only problem for me at the moment is rain, two seconds in rain and you are soaked, I understand this will surely  be fixed one day. also some zombies (we keep calling them that even though they are infected) are still more buggy than others. I find females to be the easiest to kill, dodge and strike works always, and their lunge only affects you if you are in front of them. some male zombies still hit you 5 meters away and even if you dodge them. Im not sure why this, I thought all zombies would use the same prefab.

I have noticed EVERY update ruins melee weapons for about a week.

there is no problem with the rain. hypothermia does jack shit to your stats until you get "I am lethally hypothermic." 

meleeing zombies is still ez, as long as you strafe you don't take hits. If you start to swap weapons just hold mouse1 and stop tapping. 

there is no problem with the rain. hypothermia does jack shit to your stats until you get "I am lethally hypothermic." 

meleeing zombies is still ez, as long as you strafe you don't take hits. If you start to swap weapons just hold mouse1 and stop tapping. 

That is not true. The various levels of being cold quickly drain your energy, making newer characters more likely to starve quickly. 

http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/guides/dayz-temperature-guide-survive-hypothermia-hyperthermia

hypothermia has literally never affected me because i never dip into lethally freezing

You must be misunderstanding me. Surviving as a new-spawn and new player, in the rain, having trouble finding food and gear, you will die much faster because the cold status depletes your energy very quickly.

Because of this people are starting to figure out that this is not a first person shooter, its a survival game. This weather is rather trivial provided you understand whats working and what is not, and how to not freeze to death and die of either hypothermia or starvation.

You must be misunderstanding me. Surviving as a new-spawn and new player, in the rain, having trouble finding food and gear, you will die much faster because the cold status depletes your energy very quickly.

Because of this people are starting to figure out that this is not a first person shooter, its a survival game. This weather is rather trivial provided you understand whats working and what is not, and how to not freeze to death and die of either hypothermia or starvation.

Are you saying it's a matter of mentality that forces players to waste more energy?

The mechanic is pretty inconsequential to me because I simply don't care about it. 

Are you saying it's a matter of mentality that forces players to waste more energy?

The mechanic is pretty inconsequential to me because I simply don't care about it. 

LOL maybe you dont because regardless of the crying of some people its still pretty easy .

But the simple fact is if you get cold you burn energy faster(eg need to eat more) so answer me this will you care when food spawns get tightened up even more when warm cloths get fewer and suddenly as a fresh spawn you need to struggle to survive ( which is kinda the point in a survival game trying to survive so you can get to a point your self reliant and go be the gangsta outlaw you like to be.....

• Like 1

man are people still complaining about this development build we paid to beta test? Seriously its getting old. If I was Dean I would lock down all the servers, stop the public using it and allow a select few to test it while they develop it in peace, just to shut some of you whining man children up, then you would have to wait until the game does get released a year or two from now just to make you happy so you then have your Completed bug free game to enjoy. The one thing that really annoys me is inpatient people who AGREED to test an alpha build that isn't even an actual game, and start throwing their toys out their pram, and expecting unrealistic results NOW. Then you get the idiots that accuse bohemia of robbing you because they aren't working fast enough for you. Try actually looking into game development, and educate yourself on how the actual process works, its not 5 people sitting in a room all doing bug fixing. You have 3d modellers, people who convert and add textures, making sure the UVW co ordinates match up fine, you have programmers, coders, animaters, script writers and yes bug fixers. All these people have a lot on their plate right now and they don't take kindly to their hard work getting slammed by the inpatient kids that misunderstood what they signed up for when they agreed to the terms and conditions. Alternatively try handing in a CV at bohemia so you can actually contribute to the project if you think you can do better and move this project along any faster. If not then shut up, bug report where needed and stop whining.

so the developers cant ignore forum posts? 

No I don't think they do either and I  think they care about the game.

But

I think the devs knew exactly what they were doing when they launched the alpha and it's paid off. You get millions of sales channeled into the company/game. You get thousands of people testing the game and paying you for the privilege. You have a disclaimer that no matter how random or bonkers things are in-game - you paid for it and you agreed so STFU.

And when the game game is finally released if its sh*t who's going to do what?

License to print money and I don't have a problem with it

Learn what unplayable means before spewing garbage on the forums.

DayZ is unplayable

Is anyone else getting constant disconnects now? I play for maybe 20 minutes, then the dreaded "received no message" text appears. Getting lots of pausing and bitching now too. Game will pause for maybe 1/2 second then just carry on.

The game is very much playable, its your game play style thats at fault. Lots of people who come to DayZ are often CoD warriors where survival against the elememts isnt an issue.

I'm not a great DayZ player, I suck at most things, not made fire yet, killed an animal and cooked its meat for food. I tramp around the map on my own scavenging for supplies, killing zombies and avoiding other players (been KoS'd far too often) I'm over 250 hours into the game and still class myself as a n00b.

Learn to play the game for what it is, find a style that suits your demeanour, thats where you'll find your strength and discover your weaknesses.

My only issue with the game is occasionally when I log back in I'm a fresh spawn, or I get the death message. Its Alpha :)

Not when there are like 3 or very often you'll lose too much blood just trying to search a few houses safely...

...what sense does that make? You can still play it it's just not going to function as well as the finished product.

How are we supposed to play it and test bugs if it's nearly impossible to live long enough to test any guns etc? Not like we can enable God mode and do whatever we want or spawn in new guns to see how they function, they should lighten the difficulty so we can actually test it effectively...

You are testing their zombie difficulty, melee system, and other players are testing guns against you.

They want zombies to be practically a death sentence if you have melee weapons and spawn a few of them on you. Problem is right now they can see you unfairly and run through things they shouldn't. So that will get better. The melee weapon hit system is messed up, and will be fixed. But you know what else is going to be fixed? The zombie intelligence. They will be smarter and harder to kill. But you don't seem like you're going to be happy when you have to hide every few seconds to avoid agroing a zombie on your quest for food. You'll no longer agro them unfairly (that last one wasn't too unfair, technically he did see you from across the way when you spawned), but you will agro them by making sounds and if you've got 3 of them on you, you're not going to kill them with a pick axe. They want zombies to be the real danger, not just players.

As far as the shotgun goes, of all the things to get mad about, gun physics can really not be one of them, if you truly understand you are testing a game.

Lol judging by the end of this post you don't seem to get the concept though. Testing means testing. It doesn't mean "testing the last few details that need to be worked out before launch". It means testing EVERYTHING from zombie spawns to rabbit noises.  Right now they haven't yet fixed the zombie agro problem, but they increased the zombie difficulty. Right now you are testing the new difficulty, which will be nice when they fix the agro problem.

Developers aren't really interested in your opinion of the game or what you think of it, they have an idea of the game they want to make and they are making it their way. The point is they want our feedback on bugs, issues and problems so they can fix them, what doesn't help anyone is when people whine and complain that the bugs are ruining their pew pew pew time. Sure if you had an issue that killed you or bugged out the game, report it, but report the issue without complaining and whining that they quit or insulting the dev teams efforts, because not only is this counter productive, but they aren't interested in hearing your rants and demands.Whats worse is when people come on here whining about how a bug killed them and they don't even bother to report it to the official bug tracker thread. How is anything going to get fixed if they aren't given the right feedback?

This alongside people who seem convinced they were killed by a hacker because they walked past a tower and didnt hear a gunshot, so it HAD to have been a hacker, right, right?

I have noticed it being harder after this update especially for a fresh spawn. It is hard to fight off a bunch of zombies with no weapons. I have had quite a few fresh spawns die within 5-10 mins.

I have a question on how to deal with multiple zombies as a fresh spawn  Here is the situation I have had happen a few times.

Start out fresh spawn head toward a town a zombie comes from seemingly out of nowhere. I start punching him (except now it is a lot harder I used to be able to punch out a zombie without taking any damage now it takes 5+ hits for 1 hit to actually do damage) I am fighting one and then a 2nd zombie reaches me then a 3rd usually at least 1 is a crawler. So now I'm just getting my ass kicked and bleeding I have to run away. The zombies give chase and attract more zombies. I had 5 of them attacking me at once one time. I end up dead.

I have had this situation have quite a few times since the latest update. How do any other people deal with this.

Also I am having a lot harder time actually hitting zombies with a weapon. I have hits that I know should connect but dont. I kinda think that maybe I am de-syncing or lagging some times. Because I will take multiple swings at a zombie none of the hits register. But I will take hits from zombies that are facing the wrong direction. I think that I am safe from being hit because I dodged a hit the zombie moves past me and is now facing away from me it attacks the air and I get hit.

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with this?

:lol: How is anyone Dying of starvation in the current version!? Food is frickin everywhere! It takes 10 mins at most from spawning fresh even on a high pop server that hasn't been restarted in a few hours. I died last night from a miscommunication with a team mate, I spawned on the coast and was Energised and Hydrated within around 4-5 mins. It's way too easy to survive at the moment.

Also clothes are everywhere as well, so being cold is not an issue either.