Sign in to follow this  
Jonah_Hobbes

Not new just a couple of questions

Dipped my toe back in to DayZ a few couple of months ago after a break. Didn't really take to it.

To change this I finally killed off my geared toon that I actually had started hating playing because of the amount of great gear I had collected.  Back to being a bambie and I'm loving it.

Heard possible gunfire in a town that sounded like someone doing little farts? Which gun would that be?

Also got the "you are dead" screen in a factory high up. I'm assuming I was taken out by a sniper even though I never heard the shot. Or did I just fall off the building?

Can't believe I actually helped someone out by killing the zombie chasing him and giving him bandages, cans of food and a screwdriver. Must have mellowed in my old age.

I'm assuming to get ride of the wet sympotms you need to build a fire as changing clothing doesn't really see to fix it?

thanks in advance.

Heard possible gunfire in a town that sounded like someone doing little farts? Which gun would that be?

That would be Sporter 22 http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Sporter_22 or Amphibia S http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Amphibia_S

Both have laughably low damage output. 

Also got the "you are dead" screen in a factory high up. I'm assuming I was taken out by a sniper even though I never heard the shot. Or did I just fall off the building?

Or clipped into textures. 

I'm assuming to get ride of the wet sympotms you need to build a fire as changing clothing doesn't really see to fix it?

Get gorka or rain coat and you won't get wet. Also build fire and take shelter in a building. (building fire in building does not dry you from what I heard) 

Edited by General Zod

That would be Sporter 22 http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Sporter_22 or Amphibia S http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Amphibia_S

Get gorka or rain coat and you won't get wet. Also build fire and take shelter in a building. (building fire in building does not dry you from what I heard) 

And fixing cold the same?

Seeing as all your questions are answered I would like to agree with your conclusion that fresh spawn noob mode seems to be a lot more fun.  Running around fully geared seems to more of a heart attack mode as im afraid to lose it all, however the light at end of tunnel - fresh spawn kinda makes up for the loss. 

Recent encounter:

Friend and me are running north from berezino towards coast, we both have axes - no guns - backpacks - and motor cycle helments, along comes joe shmo fresh spawn, he runs up to us saluting and spamming over voice... "hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, alan, alan, alan, alan, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, alan, alan, alan, alan..." no word of a lie this goes on for like 2mins straight as we are asking him questions over voice...

So, next step- axe the obviously just recently escaped mental patient, however things do not go so smoothly... friend and me are both old - im an alcoholic, he smokes a lot of weed - so in our wasted state we try to start axing this spaz attack.... much to our dismay, he is circle jerking us like fuckin muhamed f'n ali.... and still continually spamming insane shit over voice chat - we'r talking 5mins plus at this point and psycho hasnt shut up once...  His insane babble has now turned to death threats and rape...

As he is circle jerking my friend like floyd mayweather i am trying to axe him while not hitting my friend and he is doing the same but we seem to be losing... My buddy smartly puts his back to a wall and stops his super fly weight boxing skills cold = WHAM, an axe shot lands square = blood gushin all over= voice chat = AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH - over and over and over like the guy was really just hit by an axe...

Not once, ever, did this guy shut up.... so he starts running down the road screaming over voice chat - AAAARRRRGGHHHH, me right on his ass ready to deliver the final blow, blood gushin like mad all over...   No Response from Server 1,2,3,4,5,6,7     I was so f'n pissed off - this was THE most priceless encounter iv had yet in dayz, about to end in glorius fashion in an amazing axe kill on a full blown mental patient...

• Like 1

First rule for Dayz players: do not become attached to your gear.

Yeah I know that's how I should be it's just pretty hard to risk yourself with all that shiny gear...

• Like 1

Title of this thread seems appropriate, my noob question:

How the f'n hell do you take screen shots in this game ?  searched forums and wiki to no avail. Tried the print screen + paste thingy didnt work.

DONT get attached to your gear ?!?! MY PRECIOUS !!!! we luvs the gear, we needs the gear, filthy banditses stoles it from us !!!!!  BANDITSES !!!!

Edited by Cptn_Miller

How the f'n hell do you take screen shots in this game ?  searched forums and wiki to no avail. Tried the print screen + paste thingy didnt work.

3rd party software.

• Like 1

DONT get attached to your gear ?!?! MY PRECIOUS !!!! we luvs the gear, we needs the gear, filthy banditses stoles it from us !!!!!  BANDITSES !!!!

You can use steam - F12 is set for me to take screenshots

Edited by Beav
  • Like 1

I get all excited with my pristine green raincoat and black high capacity vest and some damn Zed gets me through a wall at the Balota airfield. Oh well , easy come easy go. I'm pissed he damaged my 1911 mag, those are a rare find.

Fire in a building does not dry you, correct.  A fire period, does not dry you. Even though I think it should.  

Regarding the raincoat, I've had them on before and still was soaked.  Possibly bugged. 

Take screenshots using Steam. When you do, they are automatically saved to your computer in a folder called "screenshots" so you can actually use them whenever you want. 

Here's where it is for me... Program Files x86 - Steam - userdata - 11071826 - 760 - remote - 221100 - screenshots

• Like 1

I'm a bit fed up with looking for rain coats. They keep me dry even ruined but then you can't store anything in them as if you get infected-tapped it damages everything stored in the raincoat. I posted on suggestions that duct tape should be able to be used to repair raincoats.

• Like 1

Fire in a building does not dry you, correct.  A fire period, does not dry you. Even though I think it should.  

Yes it should, well disappointing. 

Regarding the raincoat, I've had them on before and still was soaked.  Possibly bugged. 

Makes me wonder if it's a bug or a clothes condition affects water resistance, I have a friend who got wet in Gorka. 

Edited by General Zod

Yes it should, well disappointing. 

Makes me wonder if it's a bug or a clothes condition affects water resistance, I have a friend who got wet in Gorka. 

I've been wearing up to 3 ruined raincoats all 3 colors and I didn't get wet.

I've been wearing up to 3 ruined raincoats all 3 colors and I didn't get wet.

So it's a bug. Oh well. 

Just another couple of questions. How long does a dead player last these days and how long does a zombie corpse?

Found a fire inside a house - no biggy then outside a pack with ruined equipment a pristine sks and pristine fire axe on the ground next to the pack and ruined clothing.

Was it  left by someone to help out new spawns? It was at Pavlovo or was it left behind after a corpse vanished? I can't see anyone dying with that gear from a Z bite.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

Just another couple of questions. How long does a dead player last these days and how long does a zombie corpse?

Found a fire inside a house - no biggy then outside a pack with ruined equipment a pristine sks and pristine fire axe on the ground next to the pack and ruined clothing.

Was it  left by someone to help out new spawns? It was at Pavlovo or was it left behind after a corpse vanished? I can't see anyone dying with that gear from a Z bite.

Bodies are gone after 10-15 minutes I think. Not sure about zeds.

• Like 1

Gunshots and sounds in general are especially bad lately. You wont hear well over half of all gunshots.