haknslash

A look at one of the new zombie models

Very nice!

I hosted the original size for a larger pic...

ByYlynLCUAIcqKx_zpsbfa6fd0d.jpg

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 4

We need more age variety. This is definitely a plus in the right direction.

But im hopping for more gruesome and disfigured looks as well otherwise its really not that intimidating to me lol.

Edited by Deathlove

Please no infant zombies.  Or babies.  *Thinks of Dead Space baby necromorphs...*

• Like 1

Please no infant zombies.  Or babies.  *Thinks of Dead Space baby necromorphs...*

Shut up. Are you really that big of a fucking pansy? Nothing would be spared from a viral outbreak like this. NOTHING

Part of the horror is shock. More age variety the better the shock factor. Its a horror game after all not just a survival one.

Babies i can understand but little kids clawing at you and biting you would be very real.

Edited by kichilron
Cut it out.
  • Like 10

Hate to keep pointing this out.  You are not going to see more grotesque zombies because, they aren't zombies.

• Like 10

Nice, but i hope they keep working on many more.

The zombie cop

zombie_cop18.preview.jpg

The zombie fireman

npc_199_x.png

And of course, the zombie clown

Zombie-Clown-zombies-17898023-900-599.jp

Yes, I'm serious!

• Like 1

Hate to keep pointing this out.  You are not going to see more grotesque zombies because, they aren't zombies.

Doesn't mean you cant have more mangled faces and broken or missing limbs. You can still survive with mangled body parts to an extent. Just think of the guy that has no face that got mauled by a bear.

I'm just waiting on the Hicks zombie. And yes I'm sure most know they are technically "infected" and not zombies persay but in the end does it really matter? DayZ is not a game defined by a huge elaborate backstory or throwing lore at you left and right non-stop. I think we all can agree their aren't like 'normal' humans and leave it at that :D

• Like 2

Chris Torchia, a DayZ dev called it a Zombie, in the twitter post above, am I missing something?  Maybe I am ignorant but the Z in DayZ would seem to imply zombie as well.

And yes, they are indeed "infected" or "rage zombies" who are not "undead" but more like mutant beastial humanoids that still exhibit regular body functions but have no real consciousness as we know it.

• Like 1

Doesn't mean you cant have more mangled faces and broken or missing limbs. You can still survive with mangled body parts to an extent. Just think of the guy that has no face that got mauled by a bear.

Yes you can survive those injuries if you receive propper treatment. Since they are infected who is going to treat them after they lose a limb? Nobody, they just bleed out. Bruises, shallow cuts and wounds, broken legs and arms are ok, but missing limbs or holes in the chest are just not going to work out....

Chris Torchia, a DayZ dev called it a Zombie, in the twitter post above, am I missing something?  Maybe I am ignorant but the Z in DayZ would seem to imply zombie as well.

Ok, they are not the living dead kind of zombie...happy now? :)

http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Infected

Edited by CrniVarg

Nein, Z stands for zero.  They keep using the word zombie to appease the simpletons.  They are infected humans with a virus.

• Like 3

He did say they were zombies but they are of a different type. Probably more along the lines of RAGE virus infected. HOWEVER that does not mean we cant have variety in gruesome looks.  Missing eyeballs, broken noses, half eaten faces. The bodies can still be very ravaged as long as they can function to an extent i assume.

And since they have a higher tolerance to pain i would assume they can live longer though damaged body parts unless it was a bullet wounds or fatal melee cuts that cant heal easily.

Some people get caught up on the fact these are infected people and not true zombie corpses (dead came back to life). Doesn't matter to me really. I'm one of those people that also considered the infected creatures/people in the movie I Am Legend as being zombies, but in the true sense they actually weren't. Doesn't really matter to me what they are because I'm going to split their noggin' regardless :D Edited by haknslash

Yes you can survive those injuries if you receive propper treatment. Since they are infected who is going to treat them after they lose a limb? Nobody, they just bleed out. Bruises, shallow cuts and wounds, broken legs and arms are ok, but missing limbs or holes in the chest are just not going to work out....

Ok, they are not the living dead kind of zombie...happy now? :)

I don't think they bleed out normally to be honest i think it takes direct penetration into vital parts to stop them from moving. That and im thinking if there is some kind of drug involved you can shoot ppl a few times before they die. Like the Bathsalt zombie guy.

I don't think they bleed out normally to be honest i think it takes direct penetration into vital parts to stop them from moving. That and im thinking if there is some kind of drug involved you can shoot ppl a few times before they die. Like the Bathsalt zombie guy.

If you chop off a limb or shoot someone 5 times, drugs or no drugs, the guy wont be moving after 2 minutes and is definetly dead after 5 minutes if he doesn't try to stop the bleeding (and infected wont do that). So you can't expect to see infected without limbs if they lost them after they've become infected.

You need blood to supply your muscles with oxygen, no drug will make you walk without blood in your system, except you are a living dead zombie and DayZ has no living dead zombies.

• Like 2

If you chop off a limb or shoot someone 5 times, drugs or no drugs, the guy wont be moving after 2 minutes and is definetly dead after 5 minutes if he doesn't try to stop the bleeding (and infected wont do that). So you can't expect to see infected without limbs if they lost them after they've become infected.

You need blood to supply your muscles with oxygen, no drug will make you walk without blood in your system, except you are a living dead zombie and DayZ has no living dead zombies.

No maybe not that but at least more deformed and mangled bodies.

Very nice!

I hosted the original size for a larger pic...

ByYlynLCUAIcqKx_zpsbfa6fd0d.jpg

Why is he not freezing to death? They are "just" infected humans, right? He should be dead.

• Like 2

Shut up. Are you really that big of a fucking pansy? Nothing would be spared from a viral outbreak like this. NOTHING

Part of the horror is shock. More age variety the better the shock factor. Its a horror game after all not just a survival one.

Babies i can understand but little kids clawing at you and biting you would be very real.

How would the kids stay alive long enough to become infected, then die? I assumed they were all killed, or eaten.

I also read somewhere that the disease that caused the zombification in Day Z was a Prion disease. If so, it wouldn't be able to be passed through a bite.

Why is he not freezing to death? They are "just" infected humans, right? He should be dead.

You just can't let the damn temperature system go...lel :D

Hate to keep pointing this out. 

Well, then, don't.

99% of the world considers them "zombies". I wonder, when you're running around Cherno with a friend and you see one of these creatures chasing your friend, do you yell out "Dude, behind you, there's an 'infected human with a virus' chasing you!!!"

They're zombies. Even on DayZ's Steam page, the tags for the game are "Survival, Zombies, Open World, Multiplayer." 

• Like 3

No maybe not that but at least more deformed and mangled bodies.

Like arguing with a brick wall... These aren't superhuman creatures. Deformed and mangled zombies will die very quickly in DayZ. They're just sacks of flesh and bone like regular humans. That's why it doesn't take headshots to kill them. Any injury that is incapacitating/lethal to humans will have the same effect on the zombies. 

How would the kids stay alive long enough to become infected, then die? I assumed they were all killed, or eaten.

I also read somewhere that the disease that caused the zombification in Day Z was a Prion disease. If so, it wouldn't be able to be passed through a bite.

If it has the mind set of a wild animal after being infected than it should have no issue finding food.

Naw i was referring to them attacking in general not becoming infected with biting.

This new model rocks. Now I wish that we can play as old grumpy hobo man !

I want my ingame character look like this !

And thats including that shopping cart !!

edit: just noticed theres what seems as dead lady in that cart. Fk it, want it anyway!

Iv2rKuE.jpg

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 4