haknslash

A look at one of the new zombie models

Until they start adding things like a stamina bar, stagger, maybe even tripping mechanics and penalizing ppl for carrying to much. Add in a grab mechanic for infected and you got yourself a whole new animal you have to survive.

controls are, and always will be, clunky enough. Adding a grab for zombies would be the last nail in the coffin imo.

controls are, and always will be, clunky enough. Adding a grab for zombies would be the last nail in the coffin imo.

Naw that would mean you would just have to adapt. What nail in the coffin? I thought this game was not competing with other titles? lmao

You ether play this game and enjoy it or you don't. For some ppl that nail in the coffin was already reached months past for some.

Edited by Deathlove

They added nice zombie but still monkey zombies making me laugh I was thinking this is damn horror game. Those monkey stupid zombies should be removed I dont care if they are from mod. They completely ruining ambiance of horror game.

Naw that would mean you would just have to adapt. What nail in the coffin? I thought this game was not competing with other titles? lmao

You ether play this game and enjoy it or you don't. For some ppl that nail in the coffin was already reached months past for some.

Not sure what you mean with competing with other games? i never said anything about that?

What i'm talking about is the fact that the game is already plenty clunky with its controls. Sure you might say it's still the early days but none of BI's fps games have ever not had clunky controls. and the Zombie count is suppose to increase. So more zombies(with shoddy Ai), relatively poor performance(in dense areas where you mainly find zombies) and grabbing would be pretty disastrous. Even worse so on 1st person servers.

But lets say it wasn't, unless we as players get some kind of shoving ability i'd still not want a grabbing mechanic for zombies. 

Edited by Chompster

My point is the controls are not that super clunky its still very easy to handle compared to the mod.

• Like 1

Until they start adding things like a stamina bar, stagger, maybe even tripping mechanics and penalizing ppl for carrying to much. Add in a grab mechanic for infected and you got yourself a whole new animal you have to survive.

No stamina "bar" will ever likely be shown.

No freaking stagger or tripping! That's for the idiots in the movies that I scream at. I'm playing a game so I can use my SKILLS to get away. A random stumble/trip factor would be horrible (as it was in Smash Bros Brawl).

If zombies could be stealthier then slower zombies are viable and YES I think zombies should be able to grab you or pin you down but I believe a very simple quicktime mechanic could be made to defend against this if you have a knife or similar weapon or possibly barehanded with a kick (similar to the defensive knife move in Resident Evil).

Edited by BioHaze

No stamina "bar" will ever likely be shown.

No freaking stagger or tripping! That's for the idiots in the movies that I scream at. I'm playing a game so I can use my SKILLS to get away. A random stumble/trip factor would be horrible (as it was in Smash Bros Brawl).

If zombies could be stealthier then slower zombies are viable and YES I think zombies should be able to grab you or pin you down but I believe a very simple quicktime mechanic could be made to defend against this if you have a knife or similar weapon or possibly barehanded with a kick (similar to the defensive knife move in Resident Evil).

Lets give them predator stealth. I bet that would really piss ppl off. XD

Thats not a zombie nor is it infected, more like a homeless old man

LOL

HoboZ XD

• Like 1

Shut up. Are you really that big of a fucking pansy? Nothing would be spared from a viral outbreak like this. NOTHING

Part of the horror is shock. More age variety the better the shock factor. Its a horror game after all not just a survival one.

Babies i can understand but little kids clawing at you and biting you would be very real.

Have you ever considered that game developers or any normal sane person wouldn't want a simulation of children being murdered in a game?

Do you get off on kids being killed? Is that something you actually want to do in a game you idiot fuc.

Edited by kichilron
Don't.
  • Like 3

Lets give them predator stealth. I bet that would really piss ppl off. XD

It seems the devs are way ahead of you there, with the invisible zed bug introduced a few patches back....

• Like 2

First thing I thought with combination of model and wording in the tweet....

All due respect to Hetstaine ....

beans for Metallica

Edited by DURRHUNTER

Since this new Zed looks so unique, I'm guess he'll have more aggressive behaviour. Maybe he's very fast and/or agile. Our takes flying leaps.

• Like 1

Do you get off on kids being killed? Is that something you actually want to do in a game you idiot fuc.

Well it seems like the only pedophile here is you for even thinking about it in the first place. LMAO

Again nothing would be spared in a real plague outbreak like this. Its ether loose those morals or die.

Edited by Deathlove

Since this new Zed looks so unique, I'm guess he'll have more aggressive behaviour. Maybe he's very fast and/or agile. Our takes flying leaps.

I never thought of it that way before but if its any indication its going to just be a normal zed. But one can only hope its got some kind of mutant powers! 83

Patrick Stewart really let himself go didnt he...

Thats not even fat. Thats normal size. What are you even talking about? lol

Have you ever considered that game developers or any normal sane person wouldn't want a simulation of children being murdered in a game?

Let's be honest here the chances of the devs actually having zombified children in the game are slim to none.

On the other side of the token this game has a mature rating and is intended to be for adults so who cares if they have children or gross depiction of violence as an adult you should be able to handle it.

Say in the rare chance they go for zombie kids then right on more power to them I will blast those little critters in the head and sleep like a baby and you know why ? because its a video game not real life and any sane person would be able to easily see the difference.

• Like 2

Let's be honest here the chances of the devs actually having zombified children in the game are slim to none.

On the other side of the token this game has a mature rating and is intended to be for adults so who cares if they have children or gross depiction of violence as an adult you should be able to handle it.

Say in the rare chance they go for zombie kids then right on more power to them I will blast those little critters in the head and sleep like a baby and you know why ? because its a video game not real life and any sane person would be able to easily see the difference.

Hey at least some ones got the right idea that your blasting pixels and not real ppl. Beans for you sir

Its rare in this day and age for ppl not to take games to real.

The beauty of any art is shock factor at least thats what i like living for.

Edited by Deathlove

If it has the mind set of a wild animal after being infected than it should have no issue finding food.

Naw i was referring to them attacking in general not becoming infected with biting.

If a fully grown, reasonably-fit adult human male is barely able to fight off more than one zombie with their fists ( Seriously, go one-on-one, without "juking" around. You are probably gonna get your ass handed to you), how do you think a child will fare? Not even including the fact that these children will be fighting off their goddamn parents. Think about that for more than 3 seconds. How do you think they would react?

Also, dismembering is a stupid idea, especially when considering the "zombies" we encounter in-game are little more than sick, feverish individuals infected with some sort of disease. Do you know how difficult it is to cut through bone? Much less when the bone is able to move around. Not even touching the fact that severing a limb would lead to unconsciousness and death within a few minutes. A normal human being, after they get gutshot, will be in excruciating pain. A 7.62x54mm round to a limb will shatter the limb. Take a look at the cavitation properties of some of the bullets we use in-game. Nasty shit. 

Finally, there will never, EVER,  EVER be children infected implemented in the game, as far as I can estimate. Want to know why? Fucking laws, mate. Day Z would end up banned in most of Europe, with Australia most definitely following suit. Hell, even the US would be leery on letting you buy a game that lets you mime shooting children. And for good goddamn  reason.

• Like 1

If a fully grown, reasonably-fit adult human male is barely able to fight off more than one zombie with their fists ( Seriously, go one-on-one, without "juking" around. You are probably gonna get your ass handed to you), how do you think a child will fare? Not even including the fact that these children will be fighting off their goddamn parents. Think about that for more than 3 seconds. How do you think they would react?

Also, dismembering is a stupid idea, especially when considering the "zombies" we encounter in-game are little more than sick, feverish individuals infected with some sort of disease. Do you know how difficult it is to cut through bone? Much less when the bone is able to move around. Not even touching the fact that severing a limb would lead to unconsciousness and death within a few minutes. A normal human being, after they get gutshot, will be in excruciating pain. A 7.62x54mm round to a limb will shatter the limb. Take a look at the cavitation properties of some of the bullets we use in-game. Nasty shit. 

Finally, there will never, EVER,  EVER be children infected implemented in the game, as far as I can estimate. Want to know why? Fucking laws, mate. Day Z would end up banned in most of Europe, with Australia most definitely following suit. Hell, even the US would be leery on letting you buy a game that lets you mime shooting children. And for good goddamn  reason.

Lol i think your letting your morality get the better of you. This is a game not real life. Also if the game in general was more realistic based there would be no loot respawns almost any gun would kill some one as long as its in a vital spot, no way to treat the wounds so on and so forth whatsoever, etc.

The list can go on and on and on.

Beside the topic has gone WAY the hell off subject. You do realize im not the one that opened the can of worms on the subject right? LOL

Edited by Deathlove

Well it seems like the only pedophile here is you for even thinking about it in the first place. LMAO

Again nothing would be spared in a real plague outbreak like this. Its ether loose those morals or die.

While I do agree that the question of having child zombies in the game should not even be discussed on moral grounds due to this being a mature game, if the devs decide that they don't want that as part of their game, you have to respect their decision.  After all, you're paying them for a product, not the other way around.

I honestly don't care either way.  The mod-gone-standalone game 'No More Room in Hell (NMRiH) has child zombies and nobody questions it.  It's just something the devs wanted to do.

If BI decides they aren't going to, a disease that causes the symptoms we see in zombies in game would invariably kill a host that isn't strong enough, i.e, children and the elderly.  That's a lot of physical strain for a child or 80+ individual.

Either way, it's believable in both scenarios. 

While I do agree that the question of having child zombies in the game should not even be discussed on moral grounds due to this being a mature game, if the devs decide that they don't want that as part of their game, you have to respect their decision.  After all, you're paying them for a product, not the other way around.

I honestly don't care either way.  The mod-gone-standalone game 'No More Room in Hell (NMRiH) has child zombies and nobody questions it.  It's just something the devs wanted to do.

If BI decides they aren't going to, a disease that causes the symptoms we see in zombies in game would invariably kill a host that isn't strong enough, i.e, children and the elderly.  That's a lot of physical strain for a child or 80+ individual.

Either way, it's believable in both scenarios. 

I could careless ether i just think its funny how upset ppl get at this. And i respect "Most" of what they do with the game but i don't have to like all of it lol

If you read up im not even the guy who brough this up. I just like supporting shocking and mecob ideas.

The zombie could very well be considered mid age to elderly to be honest. And this is probably why he even got upset and brought up the next hot topic.

How about you start a new topic discussing child zombies somewhere else?

Now for an actually on-topic post: Nice to see a zombie model that's very different from the originals. I do tire of getting ganged up on by the same three hookers.

• Like 1