Deathlove

More Spray Pain Color Options For Latter Please! :)

These are some of the spray paint colors i would eventually love to see put in the game to go on various things.

ColorSpray-swatch.jpg

Also loving some of the brighter clothing and helms popping up ever so often. As much as i like going full camo at times i would also like to be able to go wild with colors if i want. Like spraying my mosin blue or spraying a bike helmet bright orange or magenta. Same goes for construction helmets id like to be able to spray paint these as well. I know its a low priority idea at the moment but im hoping the color wheel for spray painting items gets expanded into other crazier color concepts.

Also i think we NEED a way to be able to get our items back to there current original color. A paint remover of some sort should latter be an option. I hate having to go around just to find a piece of gear in its original color state sometimes. Especially if gear starts to become much much rarer to find.

• Like 14

Im'ma be lookin' fly with my Eggplant Mosin n' shit.

• Like 1

Im'ma be lookin' fly with my Eggplant Mosin n' shit.

HELL YEAH!

Right now im wearing a red boonie with orange backpack and red axe. Its just a shame the spray painting is so limited at the moment. And i think paint remover would be great for ppl that want to keep there items without having to hunt for new stuff again.

Good and making sense. Fiendly persons can paint their gun or helmet with bright colour so they can show they are not sneaky. But also spy bandits(like me ) can use that tactic, come as friendly and shot you in head . :thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 1

Good and making sense. Fiendly persons can paint their gun or helmet with bright colour so they can show they are not sneaky. But also spy bandits(like me ) can use that tactic, come as friendly and shot you in head . :thumbsup: :beans:

Don't ever stop typing the way you do.

Eh i just like being wild on the clothing concepts sometimes. In days past before warfare was more modernized with camo you would see PLENTY of soldiers from different eras with bright colored clothing schemes. Its got a kind of punk Mad Max Apocalypse concept to it as well if you look at it from that angle too.

Oh also anything with a metallic luster to it for paint SHOULD be rare and hard to find. To create paint with metallic flakes in it takes ALLOT of work to create. It all has to be specially manufactured to get the right look. Thats why these types of paints with metallic luster's are more expensive than the standard color wheel paints.

I, for one, would like to tag stuff. I would also like the option to paint my own camo patterns on all helmets and hardhats. So beans for you my good man.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 6

If we're gonna go this route I better be able to paint everything and look like a walking rainbow because I know it will piss people off.  

• Like 1

If we're gonna go this route I better be able to paint everything and look like a walking rainbow because I know it will piss people off.  

To be honest i like the idea of crazy color concepts. Less limitations means endless possibilities.

It would be interesting to see ppl with red and yellow military helmets. Stuff you wouldn't see in normal warfare. But who gives a crap? Its the end of days as far as anyone is concerned, We already have the gangsta bandit wraps for our faces.

Just a FYI. Hicks and team has talked about this in the devstream. Once the new renderer is finished is when they will implement different spray colors. They could script some, but it's not worth the effort to do so since they are moving to the new renderer. I hope to see more colors too. And for the light to not bleed through buildings and increase in fps!

Just a FYI. Hicks and team has talked about this in the devstream. Once the new renderer is finished is when they will implement different spray colors. They could script some, but it's not worth the effort to do so since they are moving to the new renderer. I hope to see more colors too. And for the light to not bleed through buildings and increase in fps!

Yeah i heard about more colors being put in to. I just figured id make this since they talked about dye and not spray paint expanded color options yet.

These are some of the spray paint colors i would eventually love to see put in the game to go on various things.

ColorSpray-swatch.jpg

Also loving some of the brighter clothing and helms popping up ever so often. As much as i like going full camo at times i would also like to be able to go wild with colors if i want. Like spraying my mosin blue or spraying a bike helmet bright orange or magenta. Same goes for construction helmets id like to be able to spray paint these as well. I know its a low priority idea at the moment but im hoping the color wheel for spray painting items gets expanded into other crazier color concepts.

Also i think we NEED a way to be able to get our items back to there current original color. A paint remover of some sort should latter be an option. I hate having to go around just to find a piece of gear in its original color state sometimes. Especially if gear starts to become much much rarer to find.

I actually love this Idea, I would love a blue or red Mosin!!

• Like 1

I would love to paint a custom camo pattern on my Mosin.

Im sure Id see flames on M4s

And penises on helmets... Expect plenty of those with the kids that bought the game

• Like 1

Since devs said (I think that's what they meant) there will be a procedural shader for this kind of things if the new renderer is in place.

Theoretically, you then can paint your mosin with almost every color (link) you can display without them having to create additional textures for each color variation.

This could open up pretty much every item available to colorize. Even car parts.

Edited by aereton
  • Like 1

DayZ provides spray colors that help you survive. It's a survival game. If you want to be bright and glowing, you're not playing the game the way you're supposed to.

I would love to paint a custom camo pattern on my Mosin.

Im sure Id see flames on M4s

And penises on helmets... Expect plenty of those with the kids that bought the game

Knock a guy out,

Draw a dick on his helmet

???

Profit !!

• Like 1

DayZ provides spray colors that help you survive. It's a survival game. If you want to be bright and glowing, you're not playing the game the way you're supposed to.

Thats actually not true. The game is not "supposed to be played this way" - the concept is to give players a wide variation of options to choose from. The survival aspect rather gives you some framework to play with and weights tthose options.

Sure camo helps players to survive but that doesn't mean there should be other options as well. Maybe players will even find a way to use bright colors as well (and if only to paint every weapon they find and leave it there to make finders more visible). Having that pink SKS might also save you from getting killed by your own mate.

I also think spraypaint should be usable to as actual spraypaint as well to color objects like walls or trees. Here bright red might be more valuable. In any way: Provide the option and see what players can do with it.

• Like 2

What if I spray paint my orange yellow would it still be an orange or would it now be called a yellow?

Its possible they might allow us to cross mix colors or even different color tones. Not sure though.

Also im half asleep and just got your joke. lol it took me a few minutes to realize that though.......... Q.Q

Edited by Deathlove

Thats actually not true. The game is not "supposed to be played this way" - the concept is to give players a wide variation of options to choose from. The survival aspect rather gives you some framework to play with and weights tthose options.

Sure camo helps players to survive but that doesn't mean there should be other options as well. Maybe players will even find a way to use bright colors as well (and if only to paint every weapon they find and leave it there to make finders more visible). Having that pink SKS might also save you from getting killed by your own mate.

I also think spraypaint should be usable to as actual spraypaint as well to color objects like walls or trees. Here bright red might be more valuable. In any way: Provide the option and see what players can do with it.

In fact those bright colored construction hats are great for telling your friends who you are as your running towards them so they don't shoot your ass by mistake. MANY good variables can be had by being able to paint things more elaborate colors that ppl don't realize they can be used for.

Survival can be interpreted into many ways. The ppl that fought in Ukrain were not all wearing military gear. They wore BRIGHT BRIGHT gear as well.

Euromaidan_Kyiv_1-12-13_by_Gnatoush_005.