SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

What are peoples thoughts/feelings on "ruined" clothing?

I haven't had a chance to test it out thoroughly yet myself but does anyone know what the differences ruined and all other states is currently?

Is the level of melee protection they offer the only thing effected currently or are heat and water repellant properties changed as well?

I think the down jacket I had on wasn't keeping me as warm but it's difficult to verify.

Does a ruined raincoat still repel water...?

Edited by BioHaze

Love what they done with the northern central town, nicknamed "under construction". Has everything a big town like Cherno, Novo or Elektro has.

New sign at the western Novo entrance? Haven't seen it before.

I'm loving the new stuff too! There's sooooo much that's been added, I'm not sure I've even seen all of it yet.

I can confirm that there are two towns they hadn't previously named: Mamino and Troitskoe. These are two small villages to the north of Severograd that were added today in 124971. I'll be putting pictures up shortly in my running thread:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/211123-map-changes-in-049124971/

I think the down jacket I had on wasn't keeping me as warm but it's difficult to verify.

This is why I have a thermometer in hot bar slot 9 !

Wait until the sun comes out, then you are going to suffer.

• Like 1

having a problem with server crashing or resetting almost every hour.

was also having problem earlier where shadows made my game crash.

also getting wet when 10m from nearest open water.

other than that trying to test out persistence.

Damn it all my game seems bugged at the moment 1st spawn was at vybor in my undies at night in the rain froze to death fairly quickly as i just couldnt find any cloths... then i could'nt respawn was stuck on please wait so i switched servers and respawned guess where just outside vybor again in my undies i lived this time as it was day and sunny and i found cloths quite quickly.

I am getting this as well on HC servers as well as my own. I also am having issues with 3rd person servers whereas I CTD with some and others I do not.

Verified game cache as well as did a full reinstall. No change.

This is why I have a thermometer in hot bar slot 9 !

Wait until the sun comes out, then you are going to suffer.

What are you doing to avoid the hot bar glitch (Is it only slot 3)?

I am currently only keeping my melee weapon in the hot bar to avoid it.

Or are you just making sure you don't panic and spam the button? :P

Edited by BioHaze

Have not noticed any glitch !

1 is Hoe.

2 is Bow.

3 is Shotty (sawn/in bag).

4 is reserved for binocs

5 is compass

6 is Map (or part thereof).

What is this "hot bar glitch" you speak of ?

Well I am enjoying this patch so far. A lot of really good content.

However, the constant server resets make me think there is another "splint throwing" type of glitch. Probably was forced to about 40 different servers today and almost every single one reset within half an hour to 45 minutes. Not sure if this is shi*@y admins or another glitch like the aforementioned splint chucking. 

Also noticing a LOT more noise glitches. I.E. hearing even MORE sound glitches, and not being able to hear a lot of weapons being fired from very audible distances.

My only serious complaints thus far

(Oh and the ridiculous no-clip building by NEAF lol)

Servers are crashing every hour or so just like it was in experimental.  I don't understand why .49 was already pushed through stable when it still isn't even stable at all?

Edited by dmcal
  • Like 1

Have not noticed any glitch !

1 is Hoe.

2 is Bow.

3 is Shotty (sawn/in bag).

4 is reserved for binocs

5 is compass

6 is Map (or part thereof).

What is this "hot bar glitch" you speak of ?

It's reported in known issues for this update.

When you quick press LMB you go from the item in hand to a different item in the hot bar.

I would be swinging with my melee weapon and it would switch to the compass. :(

• Like 1

I noticed ruined drum mags can be reloaded into the akm through the mousewheel interface. However no new bullets can be loaded into ruined drum mags.

Found myself a crashed heli up north, unloaded my akm into some poor trees and picked up a m4 instead.

Took a trip up the way way north west just to confim nothing is there yet, yeah nothing is there yet! :) Maybe in a few days?

Meanwhile I'll make that region my home, if you get on my lawn I'll shoot no questions asked! ;)

Edited by Fatsug

Anyone else experience a bug where items disappear from the hotbar over time? As of yet I can't figure out if something specific is causing it, but every now and then I look down and one or two items are no longer bound to the hotbar.

Servers are crashing every hour or so just like it was in experimental.  I don't understand why .49 was already pushed through stable when it still isn't even stable at all?

I'm noticing more-frequent-than-necessary restarts, but I don't think the servers are crashing.

I'm noticing more-frequent-than-necessary restarts, but I don't think the servers are crashing.

badmins lootwhoring

• Like 1

I am getting this as well on HC servers as well as my own. I also am having issues with 3rd person servers whereas I CTD with some and others I do not.

Verified game cache as well as did a full reinstall. No change.

Thats sad news ... Yeah my first life was on your HC server what a rough start undies at night in the rain and it seemed vybor had been looted near clean couldnt find any cloths ran to NWAF and froze to death before i made it (couldnt find cloths or matches did get a working gas stove though but it doesnt seem to heat you up at all).

Yeah then i couldnt respawn on your server again i had to move to another server to respawn had crashes invisible gear in my hands(as in visible then it just fades away and back again)

okay... where can i get my ak now? i guess they no longer spawn at the airfield?

I found booth the akm and ak101 in barracks so far. The Pso-1 scope I'm not sure about though, might be classed as high grade military loot which would mean dynamic event spawn only such as crashed choppers. 

Edited by Fatsug

Are items respawning in 0.49? I'm pretty confident they didn't in 0.48.

It's hard to tell whether a place was looted with doors randomly opening on restart. :)

Are items respawning in 0.49? I'm pretty confident they didn't in 0.48.

It's hard to tell whether a place was looted with doors randomly opening on restart. :)

It seems so in my opinion. I spawned in Kamishovo, went to the first house and found a can of peaches and a pipsi. Noone would have left it there so close to a spawn point ( and in a building well known as "food house" ) so it has to be respawned.

Does hardcore (1st person) now = start with nothing? Or is this a bug?

Does hardcore (1st person) now = start with nothing? Or is this a bug?

Did you spawn in Vybor? If yes, thats the debug spawnpoint.

• Like 1

I played on 3 different servers now and lost connection each time. Once after half an hour and twice within 10 minutes. Hope this will be fixed soon.

Well, I can confirm the stun baton (pristine) + fully charged battery (pristine) combination works like charm. Stunned 2 people already in 1 hit each.

They weren't fully geared though.

Edited by retro19

Great patch, I played a little more than a hour yesterday.

The game seems more reactive compare to the state of the 0.48

Killing a Z was not a pain in the a** like it was before.

Edited by Papanowel
  • Like 1