SmashT

Stable - 0.49 Discussion

Well after one hour and fifteen minutes I'm half way to being fully equipped again after my CHAR stupidly got wiped. As a symbol of protest when I get a scope for my SKS and a good load of ammunition or an AKM I'll celebrate by killing as many new spawns and half equipped players as I can in a ten hour period across a number of servers. Its the least I can do to give myself the random revenge I need and crave.

Will the wipe cure the hacker problem....don't you believe it. The bottom feeding hackers will find new methods of cheating as they always do.   

kiss my flashlight :lol:

One good thing is that I have observed that the Zeds are not glitch hitting from a distance at the moment.   

You know....I'm DayZ player that likes to keep my CHR alive as long as possible. I too was not really that fond of having my CHR wiped. But if its for the better of the game development then so be it then..I'm not going to wine about it.  I'm not one of those people who run around getting shot 2 times a night, then giving survival player shit saying we don't pvp. They were same people saying how great wipes are and how we should have them more often. I think they feel it levels the playing field against players who are well geared and good LOL They will find out in the next couple of days they still suck hahahaha 

Regardless if the wipe really did the game some good, then I except it. Maybe 1 or 2 nights be I'll kited just like I was. Busting caps from long range. I am amped to get back to it!

• Like 1

gotta say starting us naked was unnecessary and kind of a dick move.  you spawn new and there's nothing for miles you can tear into bandages.  or a pocket to put them in.

the game is now even more about pvp - kill the first person you see with pants, because there are no other pants.

Did you happen to spawn near Vybor?

That's a known bug, known as naked and afraid in Vybor.

Yeah you should definitely go KoS because of that.... :/

bug?  no idea where I am - it's a town that's not familiar.  gonna try respawning (because I'm seconds from bleeding out) and see if I have clothes.  hope it's a bug...

[edit]  YES!  after I died I did have clothes when I respawned, thank god.  I was *this* lose to uninstalling.

Edited by Red_Ensign

The up side of naked and afraid in Vybor is that at least when it happened to me I was fully fed.

Are people actually freezing to death? I tried to in exp but it took so long I got bored. Maybe it's been modified with just this patch? It took me a while to find warm clothes in this one and I never got more than cold. :(

Has anyone successfully lit a fire? i think its broken

edit. nvm just lag

Edited by Bakermensch

Has anyone successfully lit a fire? i think its broken

Oh no don't tell me the wind is everywhere again ?

Your match went out because of the wind

...... lol hated that cuz I love fires in game :( .

I lit a fire earlier without a problem. I'm pretty sure the condition of the matches make them going out more likely. Get some pristine matches when it's not raining and they seem to work every time.

• Like 1

Apparently a Balaclava, Hoodie, Jeans, Gloves, and Boots can't keep you warm. It's a nuclear winter out here.

Also it seems like zombies are really desync'd, a lot more than usual. Being hit when they swing nowhere near me.

I do like that weapons seem to be spawning in different locations now. I'm finding civilian weapons in civilian residences (at least in Berezino), it's nice not to have to rely on the "guaranteed" spawns (which are constantly hopped) like the Police Station, Piano Houses, and School.

Edited by dvsilverwing

Either I have really bad luck with server restarts or my last couple of sessions were under 30mins before I got a server DC that looks a lot like the one that plagued the build that was accidentally pushed before this went to experimental.

When I played on higher ping/different regions servers I had less DC's in experimental.

I'm going to a mid-range ping server to see if it happens again....

is it me or servers still in 0.48 stable top right of screen when u log in? but 49 patch? am I just on a bad server?

Dayz feels like dayz when I first started. Despite the bugginess, I'm having a grand ole time

• Like 1

I haven't found starting a fire to be necessary if you are properly clothed, dry, and stay moving.

Uh oh! Thanks for the heads-up.

It won't, but it does reduce the number of different player-related issues we have to face.

I agree but I do wish a permanent solution could be found but...that probably wont ever happen.  

Anyone found any helo crash sites?  Can't seem to find any in the normal spawn locations..  Maybe just having bad luck.  :P

Still no axe and I've searched many places I thought should have one by now.

I'm not sure about the splitting axe, but I've noticed that the Firefighter axe seems to pretty much strictly spawn at the fire station now. I've been finding 1-2 on the ground floor there each visit and have yet to find it elsewhere.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

-Zombies are unable to get into some of the buildings.

that's not an issue, that's awesome! It will keep dem dirty zeds out when I am eating!!!

Only played an hour on .49 and learned some lessons already. The retractable baton sucks....tried it on some zombies....ended running off and having to shot them. Will not pick that up again. Also picked up a cattle prod as well...it appears to be un effective. Maybe it needs bats? I was lucky to find a mosin early on or I would have been screwed. 

So far I think I'm still going to stick with the axe for melee unless there is no choice. 

The weather effects system is pretty cool. Now does a gas stove warm you up? If not why not...I have not really had to warm up yet end would like to know is this even an option. I like the idea of having a stove and lamp too, its pretty neat. But only if it works well other wise its not worth the slots.  Also has the stove burning meat been fixed?....in .48 I used a reg fire place to cook. Burned meat makes you sick ya know.

I do like the new effects I must say. So pretty cool so far.

Edited by CJFlint

I'm not sure about the splitting axe, but I've noticed that the Firefighter axe seems to pretty much strictly spawn at the fire station now. I've been finding 1-2 on the ground floor there each visit and have yet to find it elsewhere.

I found a lot of fire axes in open door grey sheds. (4 of them) And a few others in 3 story buildings in most towns. Not 1 splitting axe though.

Edit: Finally found a splitting axe in a wooden pub/cabin! Still found 3 or 4 other fire axes in between...

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Hackers already. I don't have the video so please don't think this is a bogus post. Myself along with 4 other people north of Cherno just got wasted by what looks like a new spawn. It was automatic fire and I honestly can't recall what individual weapon it sounded like but this sucks. 

If I get video proof, I will follow up. 

My first experience's with .49:

Logged in fresh at Vybor at the bridge with no clothing and hungry (well known bug I know), but it appeared to be stuck in the holding weapon anim. The game crashed by the time I got to the top of the creak bed (10secs).  Tried to log into the same server 3 more times and got to actual spawn, after seeing connection etc to server, and the game constantly crashes back to desktop. I rebooted the computer and same issue.

I eventually log into another server and its dark and I am nekid lol. Within minutes I am hypothermic so I try to cloth up and eat etc but I was dead in 10mins which is what I have heard happens.

This was good as I respawned at Kamyshovo correctly and all appears to be ok now.

Played .49 Exp for a few days prior, so am really looking forward to gearing up on stable. Keep up the great work devs

I have played 3 hours today, I must say I am pretty geared up already. However, I have noticed a few things and need to see if anyone else can confirm.

Have not found: 

Hunting knife

STATIC Heli crashes (removed from the game? If so no smersh vest? )

Balaclava 

Have found:

Stun grenade (barracks)

Medical thermometer 

MASKA helm with visor

I found a lot of fire axes in open door grey sheds. (4 of them) And a few others in 3 story buildings in most towns. Not 1 splitting axe though.

I've only come across 2 fire stations and neither had axes.

I've checked countless sheds, barns, warehouses, construction, and factory sites, with no luck either.

I have a feeling it's just a very bad string of luck for axes and this character.

Edited by BioHaze

Just run into a guy in camo (jail) at military base. 

Few issues with the encounter, I cloosed the door after me, there was no sounds from him opening it.

Luckly I heard him breaching the stairs, from my point of view his gun was not in fire ready position still he apparantley shoot his sks since i took some damage. I killed him though with my akm. There was no sound from him shooting. 

I*m thinking we wont find pso-1 scopes unless we get a russian chopper crash site. Anyone found a crash site at all? Patch notes said something about such events might not work after server restart? 

Servers seams to restart or crash aswell randomly.

If you guys have a hard time finding loot in starting areas it probably means someone already been through there recently. If your really strugling try find a low populated fresh started server to get the nessecary basic items to get out of there.

I also recomend all third person players to try out first person, it creates a diffrent atmosphere for dayz.

Edited by Fatsug

Had an awesome time after getting my first "naked and afraid in vybor" spawn ... It actually helped me out a lot seeing as I was so close to north west airfield lol .. I was hungry from the start like normal but when I raided vybor I came out with an improvised backpack a good bit of warm clothes, matches plus food and water bottles ... Just need an axe ...

After I left northwest I had a moisin with long range scope loaded with a five round clip,makarov with 5 mags (lol) , hunting backpack and black vest all gorka military outfit head to toe with the gorka riot helmet ... Just need a visor :) ..

I wanna be a heroic , sometimes deuchy riot officer who saves lives by kickin ass , we just need those cigarettes so I can complete my deuchy appeal by always having a cig hanging from my mouth in battle . And I will find a friend Ingame who drinks vodka and wears those damn track suit outfits .

Any news about horticulture and the .50 experimental branch ?