Sign in to follow this  
Erion95

Why do i have such low fps?

Hi, i played the dayz mod a long while ago on a hd4650 (lol) had about 8 fps.

But, now that i've got a complete new rig, i bought the stand alone version on steam, expecting 60+ fps.

Unfortunately, i only have around 30 fps on normal, and even lower when i'm in city's.

Personally i would think i should have more fps, since i run every single game i own at 60+ @max. except for battlefield 4, which i run at 56 fps average.

Specs:

Processor: AMD fx-8350 8-core @ 4ghz

mainboard: Fatal1ty gaming

GPU: r9 270x (2 in crossfire)

Ram: 16gb DDR3.

So that's what i have.

Everything on normal.

Anti anilising off. 0 filter.

vsync off.

normal resolution for my screen.

and still only around 30 fps.

When i'm in city's i get around 20 / 25 fps.

I know the game isn't completely optimised, but I see people on twitch playing with full fps, no problem.

Also, disable crossfire doesn't help, and 2 r9 270x should beat a single nvidia 780gtx.

What do i have to do in order to get atleast 50+ fps in city's?

You can't get 50+ FPS in cities right now, it's just not possible unfortunately.

I'm running an i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz and an overclocked GTX 780 and I drop down to 30-40 FPS in cities.

AMD CPUs just don't have the single core performance of their Intel counterparts and SLi/xfire setups have never been effective in RV, so short of building an Intel/single powerful GPU machine there isn't much you can do at this point.

Hi, i played the dayz mod a long while ago on a hd4650 (lol) had about 8 fps.

But, now that i've got a complete new rig, i bought the stand alone version on steam, expecting 60+ fps.

Unfortunately, i only have around 30 fps on normal, and even lower when i'm in city's.

Personally i would think i should have more fps, since i run every single game i own at 60+ @max. except for battlefield 4, which i run at 56 fps average.

Specs:

Processor: AMD fx-8350 8-core @ 4ghz

mainboard: Fatal1ty gaming

GPU: r9 270x (2 in crossfire)

Ram: 16gb DDR3.

So that's what i have.

Everything on normal.

vsync off.

I know the game isn't completely optimised, but I see people on twitch playing with full fps, no problem.

Also, disable crossfire doesn't help, and 2 r9 270x should beat a single nvidia 780gtx.

The engine isn't optimized jet. Most of us get around 25 fps in cities no matter what rig we have. When the renderer is DX11 and the core engine is optimized for multiple cores you will get your 100+. ;)

The engine isn't optimized jet. Most of us get around 25 fps in cities no matter what rig we have. When the renderer is DX11 and the core engine is optimized for multiple cores you will get your 100+. ;)

I think that's slightly ambitious. I'm still holding out for a stable 60 in cities, but I think 100 might be pushing it a little...

I think that's slightly ambitious. I'm still holding out for a stable 60 in cities, but I think 100 might be pushing it a little...

I've maxed out all settings and increased the view distance in the config files. 100fps in cities was meant sarcastic but I guess you could get at least 50+ in the beta with a rig like his.

I will be happy with just the 60...that is around the area where games plays optimal. No sure how much i getting right now, but it feels like 30-35.

Edited by Cpanther

Everything on normal.

vsync off.

Should get 60+ outside of cities, put texture detail and filtering to high, clouds off, shadows high, object and item to normal/low. (higher is better it makes the game use the GPU and not CPU to render, apparently. Though the only change 'very high' brings is a much farther distance of textures so I don't see a benefit myself).

Post process off, ambient occlussion off, AA x4 

Sharp filter high.

Anything else I've missed?

Try the startup parameters as well, can be found in the forums or by googling.........

And the Dayz.cfg edits GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 & GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1 can help. 

Hope some of that makes sense and helps

Should get 60+ outside of cities

You should at least come close.

I do most of the time on a i7930 @ 4.0 and GTX580s in SLI

Try turning the view distance down in the your dayzprofilefile (found in same folder as the .cfg) I have mine on 1400/1200m

You can't get 50+ FPS in cities right now, it's just not possible unfortunately.

I'm running an i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz and an overclocked GTX 780 and I drop down to 30-40 FPS in cities.

AMD CPUs just don't have the single core performance of their Intel counterparts and SLi/xfire setups have never been effective in RV, so short of building an Intel/single powerful GPU machine there isn't much you can do at this point.

50fps is a lofty goal even in the mod. 

Mos1ey is correct, AMD's stategy since they lack the single threaded performance of their intel counter parts is to add additional cores at the same price range. You see these benefits in games like BF4 and Arma 3 but not Arma 2/TOH/DayZ or Skyrim for example. I don't think its enough to jump on the intel bandwagon however as most games (and apps in general) are moving towards being multi threaded. In addition to all that most PC games are just console ports and as such you will be in a great position moving forward as the games will be already optimized for multicore AMD cpu's. 

As far as your Graphics setup I personally ran three 7900 seres cards in Xfire and found I actually got better frames in BIS games by disabling all but one card, try that out you may be surprised. 

PS. If you dont have an SSD get one ASAP

Edited by Bakermensch

SSD do not affect FPS whatsoever. 

Should get 60+ outside of cities, put texture detail and filtering to high, clouds off, shadows high, object and item to normal/low. (higher is better it makes the game use the GPU and not CPU to render, apparently. Though the only change 'very high' brings is a much farther distance of textures so I don't see a benefit myself).

Post process off, ambient occlussion off, AA x4 

Sharp filter high.

Anything else I've missed?

Try the startup parameters as well, can be found in the forums or by googling.........

And the Dayz.cfg edits GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1 & GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1 can help. 

Hope some of that makes sense and helps

I'll try that in a sec.

I've got 2 SSD's, dayz on 1, but as far as i know it only increase's things like map-loading.

I'll try the settings sugested above, and just play with it until it's better optimized.

Thank you.

False. 

Proof ?

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/12/10/hdd_vs_ssd_real_world_gaming_performance/5#.VBC6pPldUQk

In terms of raw video game performance our conclusion is that upgrading to an SSD made absolutely no difference in gameplay performance.

Edited by General Zod

That's more of a fps drop prevention from item read in because of crap load of items, rather than actual fps increase. Not that it will help anyway because I have an ssd and frame rate in towns is still crap And my pc can take crysis 3 on full with decent fps. 

Edited by General Zod

Rocket himself said they are aiming to make the game for use on an SSD. What more proof do you need? 

Solid State Drive Having DayZ installed on a Solid State Drive  will give you a tremendous performance boost, not in terms of FPS but in loading times of both the game and its assets. Dean has specifically mentioned that the biggest performance boost you can achieve would be through installing DayZ on a SSD. Solid State Drives are much more expensive than regular HDDs and normally have a much smaller capacity. As DayZ is a Steam game, when it’s downloaded it will be added to whichever drive Steam is installed to. If you don’t have enough space on your SSD for the full Steam installation, you can manually pick and choose which games from your Steam library you would like to move to your SSD with a program called Steam Mover . - See more at: http://dayzintel.com/dayz-standalone/dayz-standalone-performance-guide#sthash.owCc37ia.dpuf

(Though I will be honest and say my game is installed on my SSD and it's still slow in built up areas. But I think SSDs will be a big part of the optimisation plan)

Rocket himself said they are aiming to make the game for use on an SSD. What more proof do you need? 

Solid State Drive Having DayZ installed on a Solid State Drive  will give you a tremendous performance boost, not in terms of FPS but in loading times of both the game and its assets. 

Here, now read my post

Comprendre ?

Everyone knows SSD do boot load time, this their sole purpose. 

Edited by General Zod

I'm agreeing with you don't get your knickers in a twist. 

The statement is the same, I know what I posted and what you posted, and the drives will help with the game. FPS is done through processors so obviously a disc drive wont really affect that, but it will be something that makes the game run better. As you said, in terms of speed drop prevention. 

Actually, it does...but not so much this days, SSD's are fast enough now. But years ago a slow SSD's was very noticeable in game performance.  

Edited by Cpanther

Actually, it does...but not so much this days, SSD's are fast enough now. But years ago a slow SSD's was very noticeable in game performance.  

Now that makes no sense whatsoever. Slower SSD gives you fps boost but faster one does not ? 

Now that makes no sense whatsoever. Slower SSD gives you fps boost but faster one does not ? 

Noticeable as... "bad"...you know... because "Noticeable" doesn't have only have one meaning.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Cpanther

Noticeable as... "bad"...you know... because "Noticeable" doesn't have only have one meaning.... :rolleyes:

noticeable
ˈnəʊtɪsəb(ə)l/
adjective
easily seen or noticed; clear or apparent.

Right...

noticeable
ˈnəʊtɪsəb(ə)l/
adjective
easily seen or noticed; clear or apparent.

Right...

I am not getting paid for English lessons ...and you "noticeably"  need some....

I am not getting paid for English lessons ...and you "noticeably"  need some....

Don't know / care what are you get paid for.  I'm going to stick with the definition I find in a dictionary, not with what some random guy says on a forums. 

Don't know / care what are you get paid for.  I'm going to stick with the definition I find in a dictionary, not with what some random guy says on a forums. 

I hope you trolling....if i was talking about FPS and Slow SSD's.. in "Context" noticeable can only mean one thing... " Noticeably bad".