shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

So I've had this one char for maybe a month. I've currently got a press vest, a Makarov, and an AK101. I regularly visit that airfield south of Novo, since it's not highly populated but still has OK loot, but avoid the edgy military gear. Currently wearing a red hoodie, green ushanka, grey jeans, and grey wellies. And an axe. I never put down that axe.

Anyway, I'm walking down that highway, hoping for someone I can PvP or to kill me, since I find the game a bit boring when you've got everything. Instead, I come across a newspawn. I approach, asking him if he was friendly. He asked me to lower my axe. I did. I asked him if he needed anything. He asked for food. I dropped a bag of rice. Suddenly, bang, a nearby Mosin shot. I tell him to get down because of shots. After about three minutes, we hear nothing. We decide to camoflauge our clothing by rolling the grass. We did this for about 10 minutes while talking. We got up after that, and began heading down the highway. We reached some small town. "Hey, I'm gonna go loot around, see if I can find somethin." 

We never saw eachother again after that </3.

I continue down the highway. I'm paranoid as fuck. Keep checking over my shoulder, convinced that I'm being followed. Eventually I just log after jogging into the forest.

How was your day?

• Like 3

1. How does rolling in grass camouflage your clothing?

2. if the game gets stale for you, try being a traveling trader. Like me

• Like 7

1. How does rolling in grass camouflage your clothing?

2. if the game gets stale for you, try being a traveling trader. Like me

1. Joke.

2. Meh. I prefer to travel light, so that isn't really me.

• Like 2

awesome, thanks for asking :)

found a hacksaw - woot!

its possible that someone was just doing a little target practice. that's one of my favorite places to sharpen my ranging skills cause the view is awesome (kinda like my day) and there is almost always a zed or two at the edge of my draw distance (and the occasional player which I will usually ignore, usually) its only good for a couple of shots as the mosin tends to draw unwanted attention but one must keep ones skills sharp

I'll make a personal note not to shoot red riding hoodie should I happen to see ya there.

• Like 3

Fully geared, went to check castle for the first time, fell of a stairs and died :)

Fully geared on new character in under 2-3 hours with 3 long range scopes incase I find a survivor 

Edited by Miracool
  • Like 2

My guy's about a week old and I'm very pleased with his kit, borne mainly from some very successful heli hunting. I'm not sure why I'm bothering to run around with two M4s, but I am. Today I started a run all the way round the edge of the map. Heading south now, having done the west and most of the north.

I am a tad bored though, so might go looking for a fight, or for a new spawn to gift the second M4 to.

• Like 5

Playing last night/early morning on a populated server where slowly the numbers were dropping as players logged off. Just before 2am there was just me and another player left on the server.

It was dark and I was close to calling it a night so I looted a supermarket to feed up before bed and then headed off to find a quiet place to log out. Just as I'm about to run out the door, the single remaining human on the server runs past the building and down the street.... He didn't deviate so must not have seen me in the dark. I lifted my AK101 and scoped in on this humans back as he trotted away from me. I did not fire a single shot as he eventually vanished in the distance.

I guess I'm not a KoS kind of guy. You're welcome.

Edited by The Evolution
  • Like 10

Hmm, ran around the NE, got some nice loots.

My regular guy is running the northern route and is in the country side out side of Grishino (NE side). Had an encounter where I chatted with someone but shots were not exchanged, kind of nice for a change. 

Tomorrow I plan on having him bypassing NWAF and the Vybor mil bases and heading into Vybor proper to look for a magazine for my CR 527 or, if I have to, make a quick run into the NWAF tent city to grab just an SKS at a BRDM spawn.   But I know I'll get stupid greedy, go look for more stuff and get my dumb ass perished in the process. 

My Hardcore trooper is hanging around Riffy checking the static crash for gear from time to time.  Found a pilots helmet and that is about all so far.

Edited by Barnabus

not the best. killed by buggy zombies, lag and a broken zombie respawn system...

Lost my fully geared char because of abusive admins. The guy restarted the server 4 times in 5 minutes, of course the Zs where back each time and I ended up being out of rags (While using the last one I had my extra M4 in my hands, I dropped it on the floor to bandage myself and the server restarted, M4 gone), so I had to fight the Zs and my canteen was ruined in the process. I started looking for another canteen and t-shirts, another server restart, found myslef with Zs in the area that I cleaned few seconds ago got injured started to bleed and got incounscious before I found a way to stop the bleeding. Game over.

There's a huge problem with those "public" servers managed by admins with little honnor working for their clans and reseting servers for loot farming. I reported the server to the hoster, and nothing, that's a major issue for DayZ to survive the next few months. I hope official servers will quickly replace these "public" servers or the game will probably die as soon as H1Z1 or other competitors will be available.

• Like 2

Now that sounds rough. I've lost one good piece of gear to an unannounced restart on a clan server and that was annoying enough... Which server was it?

Server is: 173.199.75.16:2302

Name: [FR] Team Les Plows PVP Berezino and Svetlo

I forgot to mention the admin kicked me out before these resets about 15 times in 30 minutes and the only players that were on the servers were always the same 3 guys, probably the admin and his friends loot farming. After the 15th or 16th ejection I heard a baby voice (not older than 18) say: "Players don't join or I kick". WTF? I wanna play, I paid for this shit, I'm going to connect anyway and then the resets started. I reported their names and the server to the hoster but TBH I don't think this is going to make any difference. I'm now just playing 5 minutes per day until the wipe, I can cope with bugs, glitches, bandits because that's all part of an alpha or the game, but crappy admins will ruin this game sooner than later. We'll see if 0.49 will make any difference about these rotten servers, who knows maybe the Bohemia will realize all their efforts to enhance the quality of the game can be just ruined in 5 minutes by abusive admins. But to speak the truth I expect nothing from Bohemia in order to solve these problems, after all the very idea of giving the power of god to some unknown admins is the biggest mistake they could have done. Better fewer servers with more control, official control that this mess of thousands of servers managed by who the hell knows.

Edited by MaxTheSurvivor

Hello! My DayZ day was pretty good! I got pretty well geared up on a run down the Western corridor running south through Vybor - Pushtoshka, Sosnovka, Zelenogorsk then cut south east across country to avoid Balota and Cherno. I ended up safely in Elektro. Tomorrow I'll head up the east coast in an effort to find some remnants of the human race that don't want to kill the shit out of me. My hopes aren't high.

I love this game but damn it's getting lonely surviving by myself :*(

I cried into my beans before I logged off.

• Like 6

So that character finally died today.

I made it into Elektro. First thing I spot, the fire station. I kill the zombies outside with my axe, and shut all the doors. I find a magnum, and a shitton of ammo. I go outside, and make my way to the other fire station, stopping at the police station on my way. When I get to the fire station, I am greeted by several insta-respawning ninja zombies, capable of attacking me when facing away from 10 meters. I made it inside, and got to the second floor of the tower... I think. I abused the ladder glitch, and got outside. Meanwhile, the zombies are doing whatever inside the station. I go down the ladder, and begin running. They teleport out of the building or something, and attack me. I am bleeding now. I isolate myself in a building, and bandage. Of course, a door is open or something, they all come inside. I run again after being hit and bleeding again. I  get to the front of the station, hoping to abuse the ladder and bandage then log there. Nope. They break my leg in one hit, and kill me the next one. 

I respawned near Riffy. I go there, and find a crossbow. I jump off the top of it because why not, and survived. I was greeted by a newspawn who questioned my lack of shoes. He proceeded to knock me unconcious.

I respawned in the middle of Buttfuck Coast. I swam away from shore for about 20 minutes, got bored, and swam back.

10/10 day(z)

Logged into server to join my Steam group.  Ran from Novo to Electro.  It turns out they headed to Svet so I started running to Svet.  We ended up meeting half-way then the server got hacked and we all ended up as fresh spawns in Vybor and got blown up.  Changed servers and logged in as a new spawn near the coast.  Proceded to get shot at at the docks.  We got out of there and headed to Svet where we ran into 2 friendly bandits that robbed my two friends...they were the nicest bandits I've come across in DayZ...lol.  Met an armed friendly player...chatted a bit until 2 other fully geared guys (they play bandits but spared our lives for some reason) heard us talking.  We started talking to them as the armed friendly player hid behind a shed.  They saw him and gunned him down and they let us have his gear.  We ended up running with this new group of guys for the next 4 hours and by the end of the session it was a group of 8 fully geared players roaming around Novo and Svet.  We killed a hacker in Novo (glitching through walls and speed hacking all over the place) and a player who came at the 8 of us with an axe (we have no idea what he was thinking and why he came at 8 fully geared players with an axe). 

That was my DayZ day last night

• Like 3

Continuing my general quest for adventure, I woke up just to the east of the NWAF. Within seconds someone was taking potshots at me, so I headed south-east-ish and ended up going via Gorka, Polana and Dolina. On the way I ran into what looked a bit like a missile silo (ie a big round concrete slab in the ground) with handwritten sign in Cyrillic, just east of Kabanino.  

I was hoping to run into someone friendly to give my spare M4 to. Inevitably given the nature of that area, I ended up running down the road from Dolina with six Zs in tow.

Had taken a few hits, but nothing damaged and no bleeding. Dodged them in the trees along the cost road and headed back inland via Three Valleys. Then did a pretty serious run straight west, where I chanced upon the ruined church at Kumyrna. At this point, IRL Mrs Mookie popped into the room to demand that I listen to how fascinating the hen party she'd been to on Friday night.

After about 15 minutes she finally left, and it was then I noticed I'd been crouched about five feet away from a Z.

Snuck away from him and later saw three Zs (though one of them might have been a player) chasing a boar into the woods near Vyshnoye. Finally made it back to my happy place in the north west, where the crash spawns are many and the zombies few... B)

Worth mentioning that over the course of the day, the lag/fps has become steadily worse and worse, to the extent that at this late hour the game is hardly playable. And yes, I know and tried all the fixes.

Edited by Mookie

Had a rough day, log in and instantly find some action because I spawned a bit back from the area I logged out at last night, so I got boned and found myself standing in the open near the neaf. I was immediately robbed then shot due to having "junk" nobody wanted. I tried to explain I was a medic and a trader but nope got shot in the face for my troubles.

Respawned near solinichny and found stuff to make an improvised backpack and 2 extra pieces of rope. So now I gotta try to find more medical supplies and I'll be back in business

• Like 2

On 3PP, which I still play in 1PP (more immersive this way), I got a little bored so I assembled a portable gas lamp and switched to a night server for the first time (without a gamma change). I must say it is a bit spooky at first, especially in a Z-infested place like Stary Sobor when you have to switch to a weapon and fight in the darkness... Cool stuff, I'd like to raid more dangerous places like that, it's just I don't want to be the only one who runs around with a light source. And it's easy to miss loot that way.

On HC, me and my friend were armed to the teeth and doing heli sites. Last time we found some grenades, but they didn't go off for some reason. So tonight we start and the first thing my friend does is throwing a grenade way too close to his feet. I ran away, he misclicked and went boom. First 2 minutes of a joint play. :) The corpse unlootable, we had to meet and continue the heli raid. I've got two drum mags for my AKM, so I'd like to spend it before the wipe in Berezino or the NWAF.

Speaking of which, a funny thing happened to us before the last wipe deadline (last Wednesday). We went to the NWAF with a death wish, never less than 15-17 people on the server. The base was pristine, all the loot you want and Zeds indicating that nobody was there. We spent there like an hour and nobody showed up. The people of Chernarus will never fail to surprise me. :)

Today was ok so far, my guy at the static crash didn't find shit so I ran up to a feeding station close by and found a tent!!!  First one I have found.  So I abandon the static crash and head north.  Set up my tent in an isloated location and stash some stuff.  Then I went looking for more stuff and found an SKS, which I have stashed in my tent along with some ammo for it.  George Carlin would be proud that I now have a place for my stuff.  In the process of a new search found a pristine fire axe to store in my tent for fire wood and looking for some ammo for the mosin w/LRS I found.

On HC, me and my friend were armed to the teeth and doing heli sites. Last time we found some grenades, but they didn't go off for some reason. 

I believe that grenades must be either pristine or worn for them to work.  If the are in a damaged condition they are most likely duds.  However, keep them, because if you chuck one into a room with other players in side they won't know if it's a dud or not unless they take the time to check, by that time you should have killed them.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I believe that grenades must be either pristine or worn for them to work.  If the are in a damaged condition they are most likely duds.  However, keep them, because if you chuck one into a room with other players in side they won't know if it's a dud or not unless they take the time to check, by that time you should have killed them.

Thanks, I'll remember that. We found 2 grenades and one flashbang, none of them worked the other day and it looked like a glitch, but one worked just too fine the next time we logged in. :)

Got a mic today and had my first conversation with someone, very cool! I had just died and was looting Svet when a fully geared player ran into the building I was looting. I thought I was dead straight away but nope, he spoke to me and asked if I had any food. Gave him some then we parted ways. Very minor but was great

• Like 2

Bambi ran into me at ATC 

He just about left a brown mark on the floor when he saw me, so I killed the zeds that chased him, gave him food and told him to take what he needs as long as he keeps his distance.

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Gave away the AKM I found yesterday to a friend and decided to get a new one. So I headed for the NW airfield. When I reached the NW airfield the server said "restart in 5 Min.". So I logged out, made a coffee and after a few minutes logged in again. Before and short time after the restart 15+ players were online. But met not a single Person on the whole airfield. Felt like the land of milk and honey, except I didn't find a AKM, it's a AK101 now. :P

Edited by dirrly
  • Like 1

I newspawned as my character got wiped the day before. Ran to Svetlajorsk and met a guy on the way there, he didnt say a word. Came to Svet, hear lots of AK shooting so I take it slow. Find a backpack and a hoe then my legs broke for no apparent reason. I believe I got shot but didnt hear anything and didnt see anyone and nobody shot me as I exited the building I was in. Crawled for a while while shouting over comms until I found a zombie that could gracefully kill me.

Respawned south of Solnichy. Ran south. Met a guy in the road rolling around with broken legs. I didnt have an axe so i couldnt help him and he asked me to kill him so i did :/. Ran further south and got hold of an axe so i could make myself a backpack. Also found a mosin but no ammo. Ran to Elektro where i found lots of cool stuff including ammo for my mosin but as I was climbing down the school roof after finding the ammo, some a-hole shot me.

Respawned just north of elektro. Since I had already looted there and had no weapons I switched server. Came to Elektro and it was unlooted(on a 30 man server) so I went to town. After doing my thing there for a while I sit in one of the fire station towers and my legs broke again. This time I also believe I was shot as my pants got ruined but couldnt hear a shot or anyhting. I could splint my legs as i had a splint from earlier and quickly made my escape south. Came to cherno and hid in a house there. Logged out.

This session taught me to always carry at least one splint. These are so easy to make with a stick and rags and only take two places in your pack but they can save you many times.

• Like 1