shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

Had SVD, was happy, died to a bug falling from 2.5 metres (legit) Managed to run back and get my SVD, body was gone, died to starvation, because fuck you and your loot on the coast, found my SVD again, server restarted, joined different one, fresh spawn. 

Jimmies status :

[] not rustled 

[x] rustled 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, General Zod said:

Had SVD, was happy, died to a bug falling from 2.5 metres (legit) Managed to run back and get my SVD, body was gone, died to starvation, because fuck you and your loot on the coast,

Ever heard of apples? 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, eno said:

Ever heard of apples? 

I did yes, in that giant ass orchard at Nizhnoye I found only 3 apples and I checked aver damn tree. The server was already looted by others. 

On 2016-11-21 at 9:05 AM, General Zod said:

I did yes, in that giant ass orchard at Nizhnoye I found only 3 apples and I checked aver damn tree. The server was already looted by others. 

Apples never run out though. It just takes time to get them. You need 8-10 apples to get from dying of starvation to fully green energized and hydrated. So just stand by the tree and press the button for a while and you'll be fine. This is actually one feature that I wish they would change. As it is now all it takes to get the apples you need is a lot of time. Wasted time. If there is an apple tree, you should be able to get an apple every time you search for one. Same with rocks and sticks.

• Like 1

I actually uninstalled DayZ, I'll wait for next patch to come back. But time was one thing I didn't have, had to run to get my SVD. 

Cholera's a bitch.

15ciqma.jpg

Edited by Killawife
forgot spoiler tag
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

I had a thing happen. I spawned near Svet, went the route to Krasnostav and then to Gorka. When I'm approaching the deer stands I see four or five guys come running across the field, geared to the teeth, m4's, ak's, ghillies and shit. I have a chambered Makarov. I didn't know if they saw me so i hid behind a tree and waited. Ofcourse they come straight for me so i decide to F11 it. Strangely they all run straight past me as I'm sitting in the tree with my gun to my head. But since its bedtime I decide to end it. I wonder what they said about it?

Edited by Killawife

Actually managed to get to northwest again, been a few months since I've last been there. Tent city is different. Every barrack in the airfield area was literally devoid of loot but I did find a Winchester in the bluedoor industrial building, some mags and ammo in the tent city as well as BDU pants and Gorka jacket. By then I was already starving, dying of dehydration and hypothermia but I managed to patch myself back up at that lone jail northeast of tent city. Going to check Tisy next, never been there and have resisted the urge to watch videos or pictures of the place so I'm quite excited hah.

Ok so I got hundreds of bullets for AK and M4 now but still rocking the Winchester... There was literally not a single firearm at Tisy mil base. Whats up with that? Kamensk base was devoid of loot just like NW barracks. Playing on 1st person experimental.

On 27. 12. 2016 at 1:09 PM, Foma (DayZ) said:

smersh vest in 0.61 agane only heli crash ? =(

yep i think only russian helis

Returning after a several months long hiatus. First character died to a pack of wolves in the morning. Had all the survival gear. Second character died to a player (intense duel melee duel). Third character got sucker punched by a fresh (I was also a fresh after char 2 died). Got gear again on the 4th and now I'm fishing and hunting. Still unsure if the cooked meat just changes color and that is the only indicator that it is ready to be consumed or there's still the old 'raw/grilled/burnt' name prefix (talking about chicken breast here, but had fish too). Also waiting for that sick status to fade after being curious what 'stitch myself' with the sewing kit would do even though I was not injured. Popped tetra pills and cleaned myself with alcohol already.

3 weeks without a post in this thread?  For shame.  Time to fix that!

Bored of my usual\current games I came back to DayZ after a few months or so away.  I had read some patch notes so I had a rough idea of what was going on but hadn't read any forum posts so didn't really understand the significance of the changes.

All my characters were gone so I ended up with a freshie and, thanks to the new spawn locations and a sufficient break from the game to partly forget every square inch of Chernarus, I found myself in the middle of nowhere in the pouring rain.  Instantly drenched and then cold - great start!  No idea where I was or where the nearest town was, so I sprinted to build up some heat but that meant I just burned my energy and became very hungry, very quickly.  Found a small cluster of buildings, not even big enough to call a town and hence no sign, and slowed to loot them.  Pretty much nothing to be found and by slowing down all I had achieved was a freezing status which then degraded to hypothermia.  Ok, time to sort this out.. 

Found some stony ground and searched until I found a stone which I then crafted into a stone knife.  Walked over to the nearest tree and cut off some sticks and then some bark, then crafted a hand drill and a fireplace.  Couldn't seem to get the fire to light anywhere that I would expect it to (eg barns and buildings with covered roofs etc) but eventually fired it up (pun intended) inside a fireplace in a house and got myself nice and toasty. 

Once sufficiently warmed up I returned to the task of trying to find some food and immediately became drenched and cold again.  There then followed a repeated process of unsuccessfully searching for something to eat before having to stop to light a fire and dry myself out and warm up.  I left a veritable trail of abandoned fireplaces as I roamed the countryside and towns.  At one point I overdid it and nearly died, as shown by my screen becoming almost completely black and white. Eventually, my persistence was rewarded as I heard the clucking of a nearby chicken.  There then followed the usual Benny Hill-esque shenanagins as I chased it around a field whilst trying to hit the damn thing with whatever melee weapon it was that I had at the time.  Finally I managed to hit it and quickly got myself some delicious chicken which I cooked in yet another fire place.

I now realized where I was - Krasnostav, the town just below the civilian airfield in the North East.  I found a splitting axe, a sporter and some ammo (but no mag so single shot) and a few more chickens and was soon in a pretty good state - hunger was no longer a problem and, whilst the rain and cold were still ever present I could deal with those. 

That's why I decided to take on the wolves.

I'd heard them around the Northern edge of the town and caught a flew fleeting glimpses of them as they ran between buildings across the town from me.  I wasn't sure what they were doing, but I decided to take a look, confident that my axe could deal with them or that I could run if needed.  Big mistake.  I ended up in a horrible running battle with maybe half a dozen of them and I couldn't seem to take any of them out, whilst I was constantly bleeding.  Deciding that discretion was the better part of valour, I shut myself in a building to bandage up and consider my options.  Ok, I've got a gun, albeit a crap one, but why not use it?  Opened the door and shot a wolf in the face - it didn't die.  Hmm, ok.  Reloaded and tried again - still not dead.  3rd times the charm and nope, still alive.  Interesting.  Admittedly this could have been because I kept shooting different animals, given they were all whirling around I couldn't track them all.  Ok, let's try this the old fashioned way...

Opened the door and let one wolf into the house with me and slammed the door shut - already bleeding again thanks to it attacking me on the way in - but now safely (er...) trapped in a small room with an angry wolf.  Hit the damn thing 3 times with my axe and it didn't drop, then I passed out from blood loss and that was that.  Dayyum.

Back on the coast and back in the rain.  Rinse and repeat.  Cold, freezing, hypothermia, fires, chickens, etc..  Slowly make my way North to my usual stomping grounds and gear up nicely along the way.  In particular, an MP-133 shotgun with 19 rounds and not one but two barrels so I can build a stash.  Particularly pleasing was the discovery of a huge herd of cows that allowed me to stock up on steaks. 

A few sessions over a day or two later, I found myself logging back in, in the small clump of trees where I had logged off.  I headed out towards the nearby town for a looting run and saw a group of animals I didn't recognise in the distance.  I moved closer, thinking maybe they were some new type of livestock and realized that the sleek, grey forms running swiftly were, in fact, wolves.  Oops.  But no worries, I was so far away from them that there was no way they would have seen me.  But they had.  In seconds they started howling and charged towards me.  Fortunately, I was right next to a house so I ran to it and closed all the doors, just in time as a pack of at least eight of them surrounded the building.  Ok, the Sporter and the axe didn't work last time, so let's see what a shotgun does.  I walked up to the window and a wolf came towards me, snarling viciously.  I pointed the gun at its head and pulled the trigger.  Yeah, the shotgun works just fine :-)  The next one took two shots, because the first shot just clipped it, but the third wolf died in one shot too and then the rest of the pack ran off, leaving me with three dead wolves which I promptly skinned.  Sadly, I didn't have room for the pelts (tanning is something I need to try again soon) but the wolf steaks cooked up nicely and were very welcome!

Some thoughts:

I love the animation and sound effects of the cows and wolves.  Also, the AI on these seems really good - cows don't spook until you are really close or until you attack, which feels realistic for cattle, whilst wolves can aggro at long range, which feels right for predatory hunting animals.  Wolves are, perhaps, a little too resistant to some damage (pretty sure 3 whacks from an axe would kill one?) but otherwise a really nice addition to the game.

On the subject of sound effects, the gunshots are fantastic - it's great that sound carries so far now and yet it's still easy to tell which direction it's coming from.  Numerous times now I've been heading towards a town only to hear gunfire in the distance which is clearly coming from where I am going, so I know I am heading into trouble and can react accordingly.  

The weather effects, whilst somewhat extreme, work for me.  I'm personally in favour of the more realistic survival game and I don't have a problem with having to stop and warm up by a fire.  That said, this is probably because I know the fire mechanics well enough that it's not a problem for me - for a new starter or for someone who just wants to PVP in military zones I think this could be a big problem.  Same with hunger and food - I'm happy to find chickens to cook or even to grow crops, but others might be less so.  However, I have to say that I am really looking forward to the devs adding in even more status effects to make the game even harder ;-)

But what I think is best, by a long, long way, is the infected.  They are amazing.  Finally, we have an actual "zombie" game.  It's such a rewarding experience to have to carefully plan your way around a town, avoiding the numerous infected, lest you agro one and then have to decide to run or fight - with each option leading to potentially aggravating more of them.  Add fellow survivors into the mix and looting towns becomes a very tense and rewarding experience!

Whilst there are undoubtedly still some fundamental issues with the game engine (I still sometimes miss doorways and slam into walls, get pushed through fences, hitboxes are a bit iffy, etc..) and a lot of things still to fix (come on devs, fix the pots and pans already so we can cook multiple steaks at the same time!) the direction the game is taking is looking extremely positive.  Good work guys!

Edited by krazypenguin
  • Like 3

мой первый день а именно в 0 61 патче ужасным узрил все баги игры черные лица крашсервера анимацией дюп предметов и это вся 3х летнея работа ну спасибо а туман круглые часы 

I have question for you guys.

After a long break I decide to play some Dayz. I decide to play more hardcorish and more realistic. So I made my own rule. I play it like there is stamina. So, no running unless there is some threat (player...) and only for couple of minutes. So most of the time I am walking and oh man oh man! This map is huge!!! You are more atteched to one city and you really need to check if you have anything before you move on next big trip, next city. Food, water, clothes, rags, pistol...everything. Also if I don't have rope in my inventory I cannot carry weapon on my back. Knife, baseball, Mechete, Axe can only be carry in hands.

Question. Is there anyone else who enjoy walking? Playing more realistic and hardcorish?

Sorry for my english.

• Beans 1

And here is my little story. Again, sorry for my english. 

Day 2:

Today I met some black Italian man who was very nice to me. He was 19 years old from Rome and he was alone just like me. I introduce to him as a Kevin. He told me his name but I forget it. Which I am regreting because he is now missing. Me and my Italian friend met another group of two. One of them was a german, the other one didn't introduce himself. They were friendly too but they didn't tell us their names. We didn't stick togheter. They choose their own way and me and the Italian dude take the other one. But we choose the wrong one. 5 minutes later we ran on another group of two. Those people were bad. He try to talk to them but I told him to stop. He tried to convince them that we are friendly. But before he do that we could hear the gun shots from their pistols. I told him to run away from them but he probably didnt hear me. He is either dead or alone on run. Or maybe he was kidnapped? I tried to find him. I run back to german man. I catch the german man and his group who was now bigger for to additional two members. I ask him for help to find my friend. They were for action but we didnt find the Italian man, neither the shooters. He is gone. For ever. He will be forever in my hart. Berenzino is a war zone. I need to move on...

Edited by kevo1414

Day 3:

It was time to move on. Over night I stayed in some house in town Orlovets. This town was looted and there were no humans. So I had to choose a new path. I had only two option. First option was to move back to Berenzino where I'll probably found some good loot and people but there I can also find some trobules like the last time where my friend was lost or the other option was to go more inland toward Polana. I chose the other option, to go to Polana. I thought Polana is a great choice. Firstly, because there might be some new loot and secondly there might be less dangerous then in Berenzino. 

So I decide to go. I pick up my backpack with some shootgun ammo, some medical stuff, additional shoes and t-shirts and bootle of water. On my right hand I had my mechete. Before I came to Polana I made a stop in near factory. Of course it was abondend. There wasn't any loot. But minute later some guy find me on top of the construction building. He was friendly and I was reliefed. 

His name was Mo. He just came up from Berenzino and he was alone. Just like me. He didn't have any backup neither a gun or a meelea weapon. He told me that he's plan is to go to Polana and then to Gorko to find some stuff. In the middle of conversation we heard shot just from Polana. I told him that I am bad with guns and shootings so I give him my shootgun and 16 bullets. He sad that 7 bullets will be enough for him to kill this guys, so he give me back the rest. 

10 minutes leter I saw Mo again. In Polana. He was in fight with two zombies. He didn't use shootgun to finish them of but his fist. But I could see him that he struggle with them. He finished them off but also he was injured. I saw his blood and told him that he need some rags. Fortunetly for him, he has some rags. 

After he patch his wounds I asked him if he found the guys who were shooting. He said that he didn't saw them but that he heard some shoots again. This time from Gorka. He said that he looted Polana and that there is nothing left and that now he will investigate those shots that are comming from Gorka. I told him that I will be there in ten minutes. He noded me and immediately goes toward Gorka.

But I changed my mind. I decide to stay in Polana and check some houses if there is something that Mo missed. I enter in two storey building. On the first floor there were piano on the second floor there were table with some books. I stayed there until I heard some footsteps. It was someone else. He came up and told me that he is alone and he doesn't have any weapon. I told him that I am also alone and I have mechete on my right hand. He approach to me and I could see that he was telling a true. On his back he had a shootgun but with no bullets. But minutes leter I realized he was lying to me. He has friend with him. The other dude was in the opposite builiding where I was. He had a gun and a calm hand. It took him only two second to put me down. One bullet into chest and the second one probably ended in my head.

I just hope Mo is safe in Gorka and he is not waiting for me to come in Gorka.

• Like 1

Had an exciting time on experimental servers over the weekend..

Began with picking up a friend in Electro Friday night after he ignored hypothermia until well past the point of no return. Driving a V3S along the south coast in heavy rain, I continue down towards the police station and as I reached the roadblocks I see lights through the dark haze ahead of me (Looked frigging awesome by the way devs!) . Turns out to be a vehicles headlights and just as Im about to say something in TS, shots ring out! Had practically stalled the truck and so am pretty much a sitting duck and soon looking at the unconscious screen! Thinking I'm doomed, I prepare for the final shot to hit home... waiting...hold on, I'm back! Knock the truck down a gear and high tail it out of there counting my lucky stars, meet up with my friend shortly after. He tells me he heard shooting after I'd blacked out.. saved by the infected maybe?!

Following day.. another friend gets jumped by bandits at a heli crash and wouldn't you know it.. almost the entire crew are in the area preparing to slaughter a herd of cows! I'm closest in my cargo V3s that we had intended to fill with beef.. i disembark and move forward on foot hoping to exact revenge for our fallen comrade and retrieve the FAL he was carrying.. heli and bus look clear as others begin to arrive and secure the area. Thinking the culprits had heard us advancing and fled, I move towards the body and salvage what I can from the corpse as geared players and a speeding hatchback patrol the surrounding area. Just as i finish loading the gear in the bus I'm shot in the back by a high powered rifle.. here's that unconscious screen again! Minute later I'm back on my feet and whats this.. don't even need to bandage? Saved by my Alice backpack perhaps?! Players take care of my attacker and retrieve the FAL as more shots come from the northwest.. the stranger firing decides to make a run for it and our hatchback chases him, as we fire shots while he serpentines towards a forested area nearby.

We spread out and attempt to encircle the aggressor.. then over comms, we hear there's contact on the left flank! As I ADS towards the area.. I'm hit by friendly fire from a FAL just behind me.. again in the back! Bandaged and given saline we then continue the chase through the forests in the west of Chernarus towards an old military base, but as its night we lose sight of our prey and abandon the hunt eventually..  I take stock of my equipment and discover everything in my Alice pack ruined except a FAL mag from our comrades dead body and somehow manage a smile. Talk shifts to recovering our many vehicles in the area.. then onto hunting the herd of cows that are very close still.. stubborn friends I am blessed with it would seem!

Drawn by the many non-suppressed shots required to take down the herd or maybe just our friendly bandit returning back to the scene of the earlier engagement, someone takes fire and is hit in the legs.. players are uncertain of the direction of the shots, so after the nearby hills and town are swept and no-one found, the decision is made to leave the area and get our vehicles full of meat home and cooked.. Nothing like coming down from the rush of a prolonged firefight with the satisfaction of a stuffed stomach fulled with cow steak with the added bonus of regenerating the blood spilled in the field!

Its a pity scars from wounds survived aren't already introduced.. I'd be one hard looking son of a bitch after this weekend!!!  

Edited by O_HellFire
spelling, grammer... Im tired 'n shit

I had a few things happen the other day. I found my very first SVD after 2100 hours of gaemplay :) I also found a magazine for it with 4 bullets. I almost got to use it too but the guy who attacked me ran away.

Y-day I went to NWA and saw a bus on the hill so i went to it. As I'm checking its content I hear rustling behind me and a guy in a red beret pops out and starts shotting. I shoot him twice with my shotgun and am pretty sure I got him. Unfortunately he got me too.

Later I get to Stary tents and I notice a guy already there looting. He attracts a lot of zeds and start shooting them. After a bit he has a veritable horde behind him so i decide to help him. I shoot a few with my shotty and lure them to a house and trap them there. I don't see the guy again.

• Like 1

character lived maybe 8 hours.i tried to find barrel but found none.i also visited in north,at the end of the map...i found one tent and maybe 1 hour i tried to put it in some hiding but no luck...blue tent is so visible.then i found average spot for my tent and also i met first player  with this character.
i screamed him "dont shoot" and he didnt speak or anything...just killed right away.this is funny game.

• Like 1

(played on underground server)

AAANNNDD next character.im naming him just richard barrel because i was just searching barrels for my stuff that i can move on countryside and start to grow some tomatos and go at morning fishing.
I woke up on factory and just went through dolina searching every little storage barrels.nothing but infecteds.
then i arrived staroye.no barrels but there was some guy who was from DEFENDERS OF PEOPLE OF CHERNARUS.
He tied me up and ask some questions.i told that im just lone wolf searching barrels here.he loose the handcuffs and let me go.i was amazed...game needs this!!!
There was also second guy from DPC and also some other random guy.
what happens?can you guess?...this other dude murder me and also this other random guy.
we need real defenders of people of chernarus!!!....and need to wipe out those bandits....

.......and my next character is named frankie barrelinho

OUH MAI GOD:
DAYZ UNDERGROUND:
i spawnned as frankie barrelinho and spawned near where my cousin was murdered.i runned to straight to the staroye.
i met some russian guy there....he gave me gun and bullets and...it was nice guy....byt then game this german guy.
he got very good accent and this russian guy just were speaking just something that we cant understand.
so german dude and me instantly came friends...i forget to ask the name for the german but by my self i named him muller.
se we start going together....he went inside some hospital in staroye....and we got lost:D...
i was yelling...mylller,muller...sometimes i yllled klinsman but no luck....
but suddenly there was again this russian guy....i asken his name also but....amybe vladimir it was...i guess.
we hated both muller...cos he left us.
so together me and maybe vladimir runned near town.
we drink beer and vodka together in woods.vladi founded me some schoolbag...the best summer ever with vlad...
then i got murdered from the distance....i dont know what happened to my friend from russia but...perkele,helvetti....i hope you managed to survive away from the murderers

and my new character is named marko tynnyri
EDIT1:
Hmm but icant join anymore undergound server....my face was black when i was get killed but now when trying rejoining game is stuck in loading screen where is some city and dayz logo is on left on the screen.
i can hear game sounds but cant play
EDIT2:
i was kicked maybe ten minutes idling in that loading screen by battleeye.....reason was idling:)
EDIT3:after kicking by battleeye....same thing...stuck in loading screen and cant login the server.

Edited by kopo79

kos'd today for the first time in... 2 or 3 patches.  almost forgot the game may contain assholes...

• Like 1

it's been quite some time.  I took a nearly year-long break from the game.  the PC I'm playing on now is showing tons of lag so I may not play for long. sadly. 

-dayz underground-

first life.

I spawn near Kamy, head into town with nothing but my clothes and a flare. there's not much lying about, a good 20 minutes into searching the town and I've found a gun holster, a can of food, and a jacket. 

I head to the northern side of town and post up at the coast, trying to scope out my surroundings before heading out when suddenly I hear rustling behind me. I turn and am staring at a man with a rifle trained on me. we stare at eachother for a good 15 seconds before I raise my hand to wave at him... another few seconds go by...

BANG! 

"you are dead" 

second life. 

I spawn in a town I recognize and know that I'm just south of Berezino, despite the hostility of that place I know it best, so decide to make my way there. 

I spend some time looting the town and I'm rewarded with a rifle, ammo, backpack, matches, food, and a canteen.... sitting pretty well as I get ready to head out. 

just before leaving the house on top of the hill I hear nearby shots, just two...   I take cover crawl out the back door, crawl for the corner of the house and spot someone sprinting across the road with a few infected close behind. 

he turns and dispatches them with an axe and stops to bandage up... I circle around the house to get a better vantage point... but now he's gone. 

worried that I'd been spotted, I sprint to a nearby building, shut the door on my way in and head for a nearby window, looking for any movement before moving to the opposite door. 

I slowly make my way around town, unable to find him, but before assuming he's gone, I head to one side of town and shoot into the dirt, hoping to spook him out of hiding before sprinting out of town myself.  it works better than expected as I see him climb out of some high grass and Sprint into the woods in the opposite direction I'm planning on going myself, so I happily watch him disappear into the trees and head out myself. 

I make it to Berezino with little happening after that, fill up my backpack with some apples from the orchard and head into town. 

there's a few infected nearby, but nothing I can't deal with or sneak around. as I head into the first house the sound of gunfire erupts around me. with no clue as to where it's coming from, I drop to the ground and pull out my rifle... no clip, single shots only... this won't end well. 

someone pokes their head in through a window and takes a shot, they miss, but I return fire and score a hit, but not a kill...   as I'm rechambering the rifle his friend comes through the door with a shotgun... and once again... 

"you are dead" 

third life.

I luckily spawn near Berezino and promptly head into town, I'm immediately greeted by a group of 6 or 7. a girls voice calls out "don't worry, we won't shoot you... "

I wave, she waves back. suddenly I'm smacked in the side of the head by a zombie....  I sprint around the group to get to the other side and let them contend with my attacker.  one of the group opens fire, fully automatic and as I'm sprinting around him, it appears that he's tracking his shots on me.... surely not... no one has that bad of aim... the infected must still be behind me. 

I keep circling and as I spot the infected on the ground I stop to bandage from the initial zombie smack...  I guess the full auto guy just can't hit a moving target because I'm met with a sudden black screen and that mocking message. 

"you are dead" 

never even heard the shot... 

seems assholes still run this game... pointlessly slaughtering freshspawns... 

here's to you, kid...  glad I could help you piss away a full clip of ammo before I got murdered. 

Edited by ToxicHeart
  • Like 3