shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

If theres a grenade in an item you better not pick it up. Its also possible to put a live grenade in a container and keep it in your inventory. If someone kills you and takes the grenade out it will explode.

It does seem like the sound of the explosion has a low chance of actually playing but the graphic will.

Firstly, I’m completely new to Dayz.  I’m a long time console pleb, gave up on PC gaming in the mid 90’s. Picked up my PC Saturday Morning from a friend who is moving overseas, now Monday at work.  Set it all up Saturday and was on around 7pm.

I was fairly warned by several people that it is an Alpha and to expect bugs etc. Only had one instance (that got me killed) which was I couldn’t shoulder my Crow Bar.

Anyway, I spawned somewhere on the coast, crafted a Stone knife, asap. Head off to the nearest town. Looted around a bit didn’t find much at first. Eventually found backpack, water bottles, cans of drink etc. Managed to eat some peaches from can and run hell for leather from several Z’s. Had a Crow Bar and a shovel. Found antibiotics and some miscellaneous items. I was pretty much picking up whatever I could at this stage.

Still heading up the coast and found a smaller town, looting around etc. and saw another player, first one, he waved and I gave him the finger! Hit the wrong key in my excitement. Ended up waving and sitting down, this is when I had my Crow Bar out permanently. While trying to shoulder the Crow Bar this player hits me in the head asking why I gave him the finger? Via direct text, I shouted out that I had hit the wrong key and ran away.  Further up the street I see another player. I say I’m friendly and can’t put away my crow bar, we have a little chat, I can barely understand him due to my Bass levels, anyway, he asks if I know where we are. I said I have no idea and I’m about 2 hours fresh into the game. We say our goodbyes and part ways. Further down the street I pull into an alley to see if I can fix my crow bar. Bang, hit in the head by this “Friendly Player” with a Crow bar of all things, you are unconscious.

Respawn on the coast again. Straight into a small town, first thing I come across is a van. Pop open the back and bam, Two pistols, both pristine, one a 1911 the other looked like a Luger and had a mag with 6 rounds, happy dayz. Loaded the Luger started to stuff around with it, i.e. drawing it, adsing etc, in all my excitement I threw it, great, lost it completely. Kept the 1911 and went on my way. This town turned out to be pretty good to me. Backpack, clothing, hats lots of hats, hell it felt like I walked into the Hat Fashion capital. Found some tinned food, filled myself up at the water pump and on my way again.  Followed to train tracks via the Tree line and found another large city. Building to building looting, found various items again, so much rope it was not funny and so many clothes. Found a couple of Military tents, PS1-Scope ( I think)  pristine and a Military jacket. Looting away, gun shots, so I’m off running like I’m doing the 10,000m in the Olympics, around corners, all over the place, got myself a little turned around until I found familiar buildings on the edge of town. Came around a corner dead player on the ground. Looting his pack I noticed some useful items saline bag, Morphine stick and human flesh. Yeah, I think to myself, time to head off.

Worked my around to a Dock area to a big warehouse, by this time I’m starving and thirsty, screen is turning grey, not long left I think to myself. In this warehouse I found a small blue tent and two large Military tents. Awesome I think saviour at last, boy was I wrong, Blue tent had a gillie, couple if Military vests., Military boots, silenced FMX, couple of mags and that’s it, no food or water. Swapped out the boots for my sneakers, left a scope. No point taking stuff when I’m about to die I figured. Check the two Military tents, empty. Headed out found a Fire Station checked it out, opened the doors to leave, you are unconscious.

During the two or three spawns above I tested myself killing Z’s. I can’t remember how many times I had to bandage myself or how many t-shirts I cut up but let’s just say it was a few.

Last spawn of the weekend. Again on the Coast, found a town again started looting up, what little there was. Backpack, some useful clothing not dresses like I’d mostly found previously. An apple orchard and 20 min later of searching full apples I’d stuffed myself and filled my pack. Drank my fill again from the water pump and off I go again. Trekking away admiring the scenery. Big/Massive difference to consoles. Start feeling remorseful and calculating all the money I’ve spent on consoles and games over the years. Any who.

Following a road, and thought I ‘ll just head up over this rise, through the trees and see what I can see see, like a Sailor went to sea sea to see what he could see see. J ( I have kids). Through the haze I can see an Island, with a Castle structure on it. Well why not I say to myself. A long swim later I arrive. Looted the Castle area found a box of cereal, few cabins later found a Black Rain coat, Cowboy hat in a Deer Hide and a Crossbow, not bolts though. Few other cabins later and various items filling my pack quickly, climbed the Lighthouse, found an Amphibia. Awesome I think to myself, I’ve got a Firearm. I had about 40 rounds of .22 so had me some training/target practice.  Swim back and start trekking away. Another Apple orchard later. Stomach filled, Hydrated, pack full of apples, figured stuff it I’m headed inland.

Straight through the fields, no roads this time. Come to  a smallish town, par for the course get my fill at the pump. And headed out of town. Right near the edge of town again a van with a Makarov. I have a mag with 6 rounds, awesome another Firearm.

Further up the road there is a small shack with a gate, looks like a Guardhouse. Inside I find 3 pristine Makarov’s and a Trumpet with a scope. A .22 but still, my first Rifle.  Looking the part now, Cowboy hat, Black raincoat, rifle on my shoulder and a pack full of semi useful gear.  Further a long I end finding a Green Hunting Jacket, more pockets.

Anyway Trekked through the countryside. Ended up overheating, took the common sense approach. Stripped off and lay down in a river. Eventually cooled down after getting clothes we and jogging around. Tried my hand with the Trumpet and a few Z’s. Got a few but had to get some with the Makarov once they started to come after me, found a Magnum in a farmhouse. Had to drop my Amphibia, that was not a hard decision at all.

Logged off hiding in a tree, going to be a long day at work today until I get back in.

• Like 3

Tried to log into my current favourite private server but, owing to my UI constantly 'slipping' down the screen by half a centimetre, I accidentally joined a different one.  Eh, what the hell, let's see what happens.   

I'm up near Krasno, the town just South West of NEAF, and decide to head South to look for.. something.  I'm honestly not sure what.  I'm packing a P1 with mag and enough ammo for about 4 clips.  Other than that, I've got nothing of note, thought this character has a tan boonie hat, brown hoodie and khaki trousers so I think he looks pretty nice.  I head South, through the forests, looking left and right to maybe get lucky and find a tent but there's nothing, just trees and rocks.  My route is going to take me near to Khelm so I divert slightly to see what's there.  I'm about a third of the way through the town and have found nothing, when the server restarts.  I'm in a really funny mood and am not sure if I can be bothered since I can take it or leave it, but I decide that, given I am in the middle of a reasonable town and the server has just restarted, I might as well log back in and look for a rifle of some sort.  Maybe I'll get lucky?

I log back in and start looting the town from scratch.  Still nothing until I check a swagnum (gun) house and find a Sporter and a P1.  I ditch them both outside in the bushes - I may not want the Sporter and don't need a second P1 but that doesn't mean that I want someone else to find them and maybe shoot me with them.  I clear the rest of the town and am heading towards the final building when I see the survivor.

He's sprinting and jinking all over the place and darts into the last building as I stop behind a fence to watch him?  Did he see me?  I have no idea.  The building is a green house with a door at the top of the stairs.  My brain fails me completely and, despite knowing the answer, I cannot remember if there is a back door to this house or not.  Either way, I hold my position behind the fence, P1 at the ready, and watch the front door and sides of the building for any sign of movement.  Nothing.  After what feels like a minute I decide to get closer but I don't want to charge right in so I take a wide loop back into the town.  It's a risk because it means I lose sight of the building for a few seconds but I reason that I need to try and do something.  I make it around the back of the building and do a quick walk around - it's far too high to see into the windows but at least I can confirm that there is no back door.  Unless he left during the brief time I lost sight of the door, or he has logged off, he must be inside.  P1 raised, I edge up the stairs and peer around the door...

I have about half a second in which to react to what I see - namely the fact that he is crouched down against the back wall of the house with a gun pointed at me - before he opens fire.  Fortunately, half a second is all I need and I'm already heading back down the stairs as the bullets thud into the wall behind me.  I sprint for a nearby fence and take cover in time to see him come charging out of the house with a pistol in his hands.  It's impossible to accurately recall the exact sequence of events as we open up on each other but I'm pretty sure I hit him with at least one 9mm shot and he starts bleeding, whilst I don't seem to take any hits at all.  We each reload our mags and unleash a second clip of bullets at each other but miss.  Obviously now out of bullets, he pulls out his axe and starts running at me.  I turn to run so I can reload my gun for a third attempt.  Unfortunately, it's at this point that my real life body decides to do its upmost to try to kill my computer game body.  A massive dump of adrenaline kicks in and my left hand becomes completely uncontrollable - and I mean completely.  I'm trying to press W to keep running away but my left hand is literally spasming every second, causing my hand to repeatedly jump off of the keyboard despite my best efforts to hold it down.  It's incredible, I have never ever experienced something like this.  Meanwhile, I have no idea what my right (mouse) hand is doing but I keep raising my pistol and zooming in, which is making the whole trying-to-run-away thing impossible.  The survivor must be wondering what sort of idiot he's stumbled across but I don't think he really cares as he hits me with his axe.  I start bleeding but just about manage to force my finger to stay on W long enough to open up some space between us.  I look over my shoulder to see if he's still chasing me and, of course, he is.  Sensing victory he is closing in for the killing blow and then my left hand starts spasming again.  Frozen to the spot, gun still held up I think "f**k it", resign myself to die in the stupidest way possible and lift my hands from the controls.  

Then immediately slam them down again.  No way am I going down without a fight and definitely not like this.  Whatever flash of stubbornness or anger has just fired within me has restored my ability to control my hands.  I drop my arms to my sides, start sprinting cleanly away just as his axe cleaves the air where my head was and drop the mag out of my P1 into my coat pocket.  I smoothly transfer eight rounds of 9mm ammo into the mag and slide it back into the gun.  A quick glance over my shoulder confirms I have enough space.  I stop, turn and raise my pistol.

Seeing the danger he turns hard to one side and starts running around me.  I blaze away to start with, more hoping than aiming, and all my shots seem to miss.  It feels like I'm turning in treacle whilst he sprints around me like a gazelle.  For a second despair fills me as I think I'm not going to be able to hit him but with a violent jerk of my wrist I'm finally able to track my gun around ahead of him and pull the trigger twice.  He cries out and drops to the ground.  I point the gun at his head and pull the trigger once more.  No more mistakes.

I quickly bandage myself and loot his corpse - everything is ruined except for a 10 round Sporter mag.  Eh, beggars cannot be choosers, so I run back to the bushes where I dropped the Sporter and load the magazine into it.  A quick check of my own gear shows how lucky I've been - he unloaded 2 clips from his Makarov at me and hit me with an axe but the only damage done is to my lovely khaki trousers which are now damaged but it's nothing a sewing kit cannot put right, however everything is very grey so I've obviously lost a lot of blood.  I take time to slowly rebuild my health by eating and drinking lots but in small quantities and finally log off deep in a forest.

• Like 1

Despite having played DayZ for a long time, my misadventures inland have rarely lead to me encountering geared players, and the majority of my combat experience has been on the coast. Therefore, I decided to seriously travel to the military areas of the map, something that I had done before, but not often. I can not describe the roller coaster of anxiety, disappointment and excitement that I now experience when playing DayZ in the north of the map. Being hunted by a squad of fully geared players, hiding from them, looting heli crash sites and finding rare items is a really refreshing experience after having been stuck in the coastal towns and more rural inland towns. 

Today when when exploring the terrifying Myshkino tents, I managed to find an item that I thought had been lost to the sands of time; the M4A1. Only have 10 rounds for it but I'm so happy to have finally been reunited with this beautiful weapon that I had missed from the game for so long, really looking forward to finding more attachments and ammunition for it, hopefully I can use it to hunt bandits and other miscreants. :¬)

Edited by JohnJohnyJohnson

On 2016-08-14 at 8:08 PM, Killawife said:

If theres a grenade in an item you better not pick it up. Its also possible to put a live grenade in a container and keep it in your inventory. If someone kills you and takes the grenade out it will explode.

It does seem like the sound of the explosion has a low chance of actually playing but the graphic will.

This seems to be not completely safe. I put a unpinned grenade in an ammo box in my backpack as a nasty surprise for whoever kills me. Boom! And I was dead right away.

Had an interesting thing happen last night. I logge din at Novaya petrovka and looted there for a bit then went to the airfield. As I approach i hear Ak shots. I sneak up and hear someone reloading and a guy comes running with an AK. He sees me so I have no choice but to shoot with my Glock. He gets off a few shots but i get him. I take his AK and look for a corpse but cant fin anyone else so I loot the tents. I continue on to the tin sheds and quonset hut and the server restarts. No biggie I think and log back in when the server restarts and I'm in the same building I started in at Novaya petrovka. No ak or other gear that I picked up. Wtf? I have experience rollbacks before of a minute or two but this was probably 25 minutes to half an hour of playtime where nothing really counted? Very strange.

I then went to Tisy and actually found some good gear there so that was nice.

16 hours ago, Killawife said:

This seems to be not completely safe. I put a unpinned grenade in an ammo box in my backpack as a nasty surprise for whoever kills me. Boom! And I was dead right away.

That's the way it should be IMO. To 'craft booby trap' (a new thing as opposed to the existing trip wire one) should require something like metal wire, or rope + grenade...

Was messing around in berezino shooting zombies with a chambered P1 on a full pop. There's nobody ever in Berezino so I was like whatever. Turn the corner, there's 3 semi-geared people running right for me. I say "Hi!" And they do the nervous shuffle around me while talking for a bit. After a while me putting my hands up was brought into question. I agreed to compromise by putting my gun away, but the fucker still said to F2. I started running off as I get shot with shotguns. I keep zig-zagging, while hearing some teen screaming "WHY U RUNNING BRO" "RUNNING IS USELESS" "BE COOL MAN" I told them I was cool, that they should've just agreed to trade, and I get killed. Upon respawning, I spam the "Hide Body" with F so hopefully they didn't get my shit.

I learned a couple things, though... Don't go shooting off rounds in a full pop expecting nobody to notice for one, don't approach a 3 man shitsquad for 2, and 3 running IS useless. Would've been better off trying to kill at least one of them. Maybe the rest would've skittered away like the pathetic scavengers they were. 1.1k hours in and I'm still fuckin learning new things, nice one DayZ.

4 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

running IS useless. Would've been better off trying to kill at least one of them. Maybe the rest would've skittered away like the pathetic scavengers they were. 1.1k hours in and I'm still fuckin learning new things, nice one DayZ.

Oh, I'm not sure about that - depends on the circumstances. Running away like a disgraceful coward has certainly saved me a few times. The most important thing is to break line of sight/fire very quickly and keep breaking it. If that's not a possibility then, yes, take one of them with you if you can.

Anyway, I've been feeling a bit queasy about the buggy servers, so haven't played much this week. I do remember that I now have far more M4s than any rational human being should, though. 

• Like 1

So back again.

I'm 45hrs in game and literally having a blast. Best game I've played in a long time.

Anyway, I'm now, what I would say, pretty well geared up. I did die of Hyperthermia once due to running around looking for a pond, anyway.

So now, I have about 6-7 cans of food, couple of bandages, 2 full canteens, Edi pens, Binos, Range Finder, etc the list goes on. But I have enough to keep going. Looking at growing my own food soon.

Got myself a nice Repeater with about 80 rnds or so, I own a Marlin 45-70 in real life, so sort of suites. A Magnum, Rak with two full 25 rnd mags, and carrying a MP5 with about 10 rnds. Not too concerned on losing the MP5 tho.  Full Military clothing, can't remember what, Ballistics helmet, vest, the whole lot. Did find a nice AKM but climbed a ladder and lost it. Found a M4, Damaged though, so left it, read up later with a weapon cleaning kit it can be fixed. Any who.

Been staying mainly inland and staying away from the big City's on low pop servers. Had  few run in's here and there.  Most run off when they start challenging me. I popped a few round off from the Rak and had one guy running for his life after taking a punch at me.

No one seems to want to team up or loot/protect each other all they want to do is PVP?

Not that I'm worried, I like it out there on my own. Well mostly, always have this feeling of being watched?

Made my first fire the other night from scratch, cooked chicken and spite for dinner in a shed. Good times.

So may start looking at higher pop servers and get my PVP on.

As said above playing Dayz and loving it.

Pretty Salty.. all weekend i've been fixing up a truck in Novy, last night I made the fatal mistake of putting on an Autumn Hunting jacket so my temperature had rocketed into the red.  Started the day today with a nice swim to get my temperature back under control then headed off on the hunt for a lug wrench / glow plug the final pieces that I need to get mobile.  Arrive back several hours later with said items to be greeted to nothing other than a ruined hood and a door on the ground + a big empty space where my V36 was broken down infront of three garages.   Did some bollox grenade my truck or, did it shift position on a server restart and explode? I decide probably the latter rather than the former.  Oh well, shit happens. I decide to head south. No point in hanging around here any longer a couple of days in Novy is more than enough.   I see something in the trees in the distance &  I run down to check it out. This is what greeted me -

hADZfTs.jpg

I was like WTF!! my truck melded into another a good couple of hundred yards away.

Yup one is defo my truck.. one inventory for 2 truck. Weird.

RGGueJm.jpg

I dunno what in the hell happened there, I don't think anyone managed to drive it down the road  it was missing 2 back wheels. Where did the ruined parts back up at the garages where I was working on the v3s come from?  lol this game man...

cxC0Rgu.jpg

Edited by irl-calibre
  • Like 2

I'm pretty salty too. On Friday my main stash was completely gone. This 'main stash' was actually four barrels spread across half the the map, all well hidden in fir trees, well away from any routes or points of interest. I refuse to believe that they could all have been found, and I'd interacted with all four less than 48 hours previously. I put it down to some kind of server persistence reset. Then on Saturday, the same thing happened to a different stash - again comprising widely dispersed barrels that had all been recently interacted with. Taken together, among other goodies, these stashes held eight pristine M4s, two SVDs, a FAL, three SMERSH sets, two full plate carriers and thousands of rounds of ammunition

Then, while running around looking for more barrels, my extremely well-geared character was reset by a restarting server. I was bit grumpy about this, but stuck with it, bad luck, etc.

Then, after having started afresh as a bambi and geared up quite well thanks to a friend's generosity, I got the naked spawn bug and logged in with all clothing, boots and backpack gone.

Last night I managed to rebuild a little, but it's been a tough period in the game for me. 

Made  it back to the  coast on private server that I heen hIding  in! 

Followed a few players for a while, stalking really!

About an hour or so got my first kill!

Found a player being chased by an axe weilder stood back watched them play ballerinas for a while spoke up and said " First to talk lives" the bleeder asked for help! Bam up comes the MP5 and down goes the axe man!

Made myself a new friend!

Lov'n Dayz!

• Like 1

Sigh. I try public again after the last debacle and whaddyanow, killed by a hacker. Quite an obvious one this time. Back to private I guess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Killawife said:

Sigh. I try public again after the last debacle and whaddyanow, killed by a hacker. Quite an obvious one this time. Back to private I guess.

I haven't seen a hacker for a long time - probably because I live in the far north. Anyway, that sucks.

My problem now is that I'm paranoid about losing stashes, and they are pretty seriously dispersed, ranging from the Black Forest, to Green Mountain, to Tisy. So I'm having to do a lot of sheer yomping up and down the map just to maintain them. I should put some crap gear on, go to the coast on a high pop and see if I can find me one of these hackers...

The last times I've been killed by hackers it has been at Zeleno and vybor. Its pretty obvious when it happens as its shooting through walls and stuff.

So lately I've been running around in a private server.

Lot's of fun, few interactions here and there and have been KOS'd a lot.  So my nice guy card has run out.

Before I'd ask people if they need anything ie food, water ammo etc as I seem to have no trouble finding basic items, unless I'm looking for something in particular, like a freaking weapon cleaning kit. Always leave them behind until I actually need one.

So before I was Mr Nice Guy now I've turned into a very cautious player. I have got into the habit of virtually holding players up until I can assess their attitude. Hiding in bushes etc at the first sign of interaction, sneaking around larger groups. I actually managed to take out three geared players with a sporter. Took about 40 min of stalking, shoot and scoot, had these three so confused they thought there were four shooters in total. Found out this after talking to the last player after shooting out his knees.

The other night I came across two very suspicious players. While talking to one the other tried sneaking up behind me with an axe. Out comes the Magnum, bam two to the legs of the talker, turn around and drop his buddy one shot to the head. Tied up the talker and ended up force feeding his buddy to him .

The adrenaline rush you get as a lone player when you see a group of 3 or 4. The thought process of sh*t did they seem me? Do they want my gear? Do they want to trade or just torture me, is something I've never really felt in all my years of gaming. I'm almost 40 now.

On a populated public server, I've been stalking the NWAF. I'm pretty well geared on my public player.

AKM, 4 full mags, silenced, M4, 3 full mags plenty of ammo as well. Really would like something more long range like an SKS, but you roll with what you've got. Silenced FMX couple of mags etc.

I've been skulking around taking out the bush wookies hiding in the tress.

I could go on and on but at work and work calls now.

Anyway, Dayz is a game I have a great want/need to play, something I haven't felt in a long time.

So thanks Bohemia!!!

Today a random person ran up on me and a buddy in Staroye and we chatted for a bit and I asked if he had anything to trade. He said "not really... oh and you can keep your gear" to which I replied "I wasn't worried about it." May seem like a stupid thing but he seemed to be much more in a hurry after I said that, and I kinda felt like Rick Grimes LMAO

Ive had two similar things happen two days in a row. 2 deaths, 1 by asshole and 1 by thegame not doing what it should.

The first two began with me going to the hills overlooking NWA. I ddint have a good reason for it as i only had a chambered sporter with scope and a rak but I wanted to overlook for a bit. I sat down in a tree and quickly spotted some dudes runnign about so i moved in a bit closer. After sitting in a bush for a bit I suddenly noticed the bush moving. A ghille guy steps out and starts shooting. I tell him Whoa and he stops so we laugh a bit and I run away. All my bandages are ruined and also my Rak so i ask him for a bandage and he shoots me. Pretty silly.

I log in with another character thats also at the airfield. I only move for a bit and then hear someone shooting. I locate the culprit and move up. I then stand about ten metres from him, aim my silenced 9mm and squeeze of six rounds that all shouldve hit. He turns around, sprays me down.  He shouldve been dead.

The other two actually involves the same two players twice. I get a newspawn character from solnichy to Kamenka and am starving when I get there. When I go into the first twostory green house I notice a guy lying down on the floor at the top. I check his pulse and hes alive and concious so i dont want to kill him so i tie him up. he has food so i take some and eat it. I then hear yelling outside so I move into another room and ready my rak with 8 bullets :/. It turns out its the guys friend and they are nto happy. He comes in to try and get me so I fire off my rounds and he runs off. They try to get me for a bit then start talking real friendly like. I have nothing but a chambered sporter and a chambered pistol so I decide too give up as they promise not to hurt me. I go down and the game i tied up shoots me dead for no reason. Very silly.

Nows the good part. I respawn and go to myshkino. I get a shotgun on the way there and a few bullets. As I get there theres a lot of shooting. I check for a bit from the outside of the tents and then see a guy come running by. I blast him and he drops. I then go to check what the shooting was and go to the huntign stand and theres two dead guys there. As Im lootign them another guy appears and start shooting. Zombies attack him so i taunt him and order the zombies to kill him. He recognizes my voice and I his, its the guy from earlier and the guy i shot was the guy that shot me. He runs away to avoid the zeds and I climb down and go into the tents. I loot them for a bit carefully looking for the guy. After a while he appears, still chased by zombies and now armed with an ak. I still have my shotgun so not very good odds. I decide it might be better to avoid him so start to leave. Then he comes running so i hide. But he hasnt seen me so when he runs by I blast him at five metres range, twice, with a shotgun. I see his legs go off but still he manages to spray me and I die. I dont knwo if I got him but I find it hard to believe that he should have lived. A bit annoying anyways but also rewarding in a way.

Something fun happened! And its been a while. I spawned near Chernaya polana, geared up for a bit then went for Svet. In Svet I met a guy with a horde of zombies chasing him. I killed them but didnt get a thankyou. I later realized that maybe he was gathering them for a reason and I ruined his play. Sorry mate.  Anyways, i continued on adn after a bit a bambi comes up and starts trying to punch me. He doesnt reply to communication and I quickly get bored and continue on with him following me. I decide to climb the stair to the top of the TEC building and knock him out as he comes up so i do that. Unfortunately with the game beign what it is I get knocked out instead, even though i had brass knuckles and hit the guy three times and he only hit me once. I wait to wait up but hes still there, punching my body so i decide to respawn and try somewhere else. Ofcourse I spawn in Svet. I decide not to go and find the guy but then I find an IZH and I had ammo for it on my previous character so i run to my corpse. Its still there and the guy is gone but the 7.62 rounds are still on my corpse. As I load my gone I hear some zeds and I spot the guy. I shoot him and hit but he doesnt die. I wait and after a bit he comes climbing up so I pop up and shoot him. This time he dies so i leave. As I'm leaving I hear zeds again and what do i see, the guy returning to the scene of the crime. he doesnt see me so i wait for him to climb the stair and when hes almost at the top i shoot him and he drops. Feels good man.

Yesterday, spawned not so far from Nova Petro I decided to gear a little along the way to Tisy and I was shot by an asshole too far from me or with a bad aim.

Later I got into the MilBase and after a fast equipment another asshole with an even poorest aim attempted to kill me (does he was the same of before?), and I got away because I haven't understood from where he was shooting at me.

All in all it was not so bad to be a DZ Day...

Today i took dayz for a spin, joined a private server and hauled my ass to tentcity above zelenogorsk. Upon arriving with my chambered P1 and CR527 carbine with no rounds nor mag, I hear multiple gunshots. Magnum, winchester, ak and svd, so i took my bino out while treehugging and started to scout for a moment.

These guys surely wasnt baiting as there was 2 groups having a loud disagreement, but mr swagnum was superior and was the last man standing. I watched him for a brief moment, but he continued to run into the forest on the opposite side from where i sat up on the hill overlooking tentcity.

I took my chances to ran down as I know the carbine mags spawns with great succsess this patch and i wanted to give it a good go and successfully grabbed 2 mags and 14 7.62x39 which i also stumbled across on my quick recon mission and got the hell outa there. When i got back to the hilltop the curiosity got the better of me, so I stopped and took a quick look in the bino's again down at tentcity and damn winchester bullet strifed my ear and my legs carried me as fast they could zigzagging like a cats ass full of muster along the hill, I didnt hear another shot for a moment, thinking i outran the danger, but kept running, but BAM another shot straigth to the knee and my pretty face hit the grass, I crawled my masculine body to the closest tree begging to the Lord for a server crash and a IRL text from some hottie, but the crash never came and the guy pretty much knew exactly where i was laying prone, dreaming of good times with the ladies and i'm dead.

The Lord gave me a 30 seconds respawn and my 3 legs carried my as fast as i could back up to tent city and the tree i was hugging before and luckily for me the dude didnt want my carbine and mag and dropped it off my bodt, so i got it back. I went straigth to green mountain deer stands and found myself a hunting scope. Ya, it all made sense. I was a part of a greater scheme and headed down to zelenogorsk to get myself a drink and to check the police station for a pistol, but there was none. I took a couple of handcuffs though and head out of zelenogorsk when i saw a mountain backpack guy running in the field towards green mountain. I took a shot at the guy and hit him unconscious, I ran up to him and took him prisoner and bandaged him. Tried to talk to the guy, but he didnt say anything. I let him be and headed upwards green mountain and turned my back again scouting what he'd do. This guy has never been restrained before, as he stood there crouched and proned for a good while wondering what to do. I ended up running back down to him to give him an advice, but at the time i got to him, he decided to log off. Ah well.. I logged off aswell. Oh, and he had an 1911 with a mag with a supressor. Thank you, Sir. It will come in handy in the greater scheme of things and then decided to log aswell. 

Where do I find SVD magazines and ammo ? Apart from heli crash sites obviously. 

Took a long break- but the Helpy Helpers started talking about Experimental migrating into a playable / tolerable state so I made the jump and started dabbling in it. We're all spread out and some guys aren't tapped into EXP- this is my first step into it. I knew there was going to be some fucktards involved- in there just shooting people who are trying to exercise some of the less used functions of the game but overall I had hope that things would go well. My first few contacts were enjoyable- I spawned in near Balota and grabbed a few items before heading over to the airfield for a little chicken saute roasted over an open flame. At the time in the last .61 exp patch, there was some irregular zombie behavior that resulted in them running slower than I could walk.

I had found a magnum and some .357 ammo and curious about gun sounds I just blatted out all 6 rounds into the air. I'd seen someone running around the outskirts of the airfield and was a little curious about what his reaction would be. Z's swarmed in on me- walking about 2km/h. The dude came over as well as I ran around herding z's- asked me what I was doing and I told him I was going to go lock them all up in the warehouse. He said "neat idea." I gave him the weapon since I had no intention of using it and he politely refused it... asking me to kill him instead.

"Okay." I bludgeoned him with a pickaxe and set back on my task.

It took awhile- but I ran around the entire airfield and collected every zombie I could find- then with pickaxe outstretched marched them (at walking pace) to the large hangars on the far east side of the airfield and locked them in. While I was on my way someone in a motorcycle helmet and a long gun (not my favourite kind of person as some reading this story will attest) snuck up alongside one of the structures (camo building I think) and I could see him looking at me. He just stood there- watching. 

"Is that your marching band?" his voice almost blew my eardrums out over VOIP. "And you're their leader?" We had a brief chat as I paraded my brainless toddlers to the first warehouse and locked them inside. He took off to the  west and I didn't see him again. 

I then ran around and killed every chicken / rooster I could find and then set up a fire right outside the warehouse. That way I could caution people who were going to go in and share some chicken- or I would get killed. I wasn't too concerned about that. But nobody came... Until I hid my guy around back of the warehouse and walked away from the game for a few minutes. On my return I saw a Z running at me... then past me. I looked around and a guy had just run past me- I didn't get his attention but quickly returned to my fire. Waited... waited... nothing. 

Boring! 

I took a long way around to Zelenegorsk looting and just going about my business... hearing the occasional gunshot in the distance and really enjoyed the work devs put into that. I was mincing around the base in Zel and started heading west from there down the valley when I started taking sniper fire. Really? The guy kept shooting, and shooting, and missing, and missing... I drew my knife and started running around trying to get a bead on the guy- no idea where he was but the "crack / thump" started getting closer together- and closer... then I got hit once but I think it just wrecked one of my protector cases... then it was really close but couldn't see anyone. Then I was dead. 

Respawned... made my way back to Zel- took me about 40 minutes or so but this time I approached from the south. I saw a little bit of movement throughout the town but nothing fussy so I moved into town to see what was going on. I was walking down the middle of the street with next to nothing... just west of the school branching slightly south when a guy in a yard on my right caught my eye. He was already drawn on me and fired- hitting me. 

"What the fuck dude? We're in experimental." 

"I'm experimenting." 

"Then experiment by killing me with a fish hook, ya fucking tard."

Sure enough he / and / or his buddies ran me down and killed me.

I don't expect a ceasefire through exp but I do expect a bit more effort put into it than just ambushing and mowing down freshies inland. Go to stable for that shit. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1

On 15.11.2016 at 1:20 PM, General Zod said:

Where do I find SVD magazines and ammo ? Apart from heli crash sites obviously. 

The "new" Barracks spawn them, those with the double-doors and the beds on each side of the room.

SVD mags can not be found in the tents, as far as I know (and I've looted quite a few).

• Like 1

Finally the game can kill me without some tard shooting me for no reason. This last week I've been killed by zeds, killed by wolves and frozen to death on the prison island as there are no fucking oak trees there and you can't make a handdrill kit from birch bark :/

Good stuff.

Still though, KoS'ing on experimental is lame. Where is the enjoyment in shooting someone who just recently spawned, has nothing and is trying to communicate with you via speech, ya dunces.