Sign in to follow this  
aviza

Never try to rob a man committing suicide

So I accidentally hit V when on the second floor and stepped over the edge and breaking my legs in the process.

I have no axe, sticks or morphine.

After crawling for 25+ minutes I see a gas station in the distance.  Having become frustrated at this point I decided suicide was my only option, why not go out in style, right?   A zombie appears and I was able to get myself into a crouch so I could beat it to death with my farming hoe.   This has ruined several items including my only bandage.

A few minutes later I finally get to the gas station.  Blood wildly squirting everywhere.

A man weilding a bayonet says something to the equivalent of "Okay, stop whatever you are doing, I have a knife!"

Now, either he only saw me as a got into a crouch directly beside the gas pump, or he though I was trying to sneak up on him.

I reply "I have legs that are broken and I am trying to kill myself"

Then he says "whoa dude, don't do that with me..."

And then I hit the gas pump with the hoe and it explodes.

It was the most satisfying kill.  10/10 would kill myself and that bandit again

Edited by Aviza
  • Like 20

I've punched Gas Bowsers on a large number of occasions and not once have they blown up. Why am I missing out on this?

Yeah, strange, Have you seen the gas station roulette? 

It took about 4 hits with a fire axe. Another video shown it take about 20 with a splitting axe and you say 1 with a hoe?

It took about 4 hits with a fire axe. Another video shown it take about 20 with a splitting axe and you say 1 with a hoe?

Might depend on when the video was taken. I think there was a change in the last few months where it doesn't take as many hits to ignite the gas pumps. The first time I ever tried it it took 10 shots with an SKS. Now it seems to take 1 or 2 shots with any firearm.

I was never feeling suicidal enough to melee one.

OMG. This is the best dayz Story ever. God I wish you had video and audio of this.

I can't believe how funny that must have been to see or hear that guy when he realized what you are trying to do.

I've punched Gas Bowsers on a large number of occasions and not once have they blown up. Why am I missing out on this?

I think they worked it out to take about 2000 punches on a youtube video I watched

• Like 1

But... If you wanted to commit suicide why did you stop the zombie from assisting you? I mean this made for a much cooler story mind you....

It's called gas station roulette for a reason.  It's sorta random.

Though a couple patches ago it got significantly less so, and generally only takes a few hits if that.

• Like 1

It's called gas station roulette for a reason.  It's sorta random.

I don't always hit gas stations, but when I do, I assume it's it's Russian Roulette!

russian_roulette1.jpg

I spend about half an hour trying to find a sick or morphine and when that zombie started hitting me, right after I saw the gas station, I checked my inventory and he had ruined the last bandage to to make a splint. It was either DIE to a zombie or kill it and crawl to the gas pump and go out in STYLE.

yeah my mate just about died with laughter when i did this. 2nd day of playing DAYZ (1st day i ran 1 and 1/2 hours off the map) 2nd day. meet a random with my mate they looting above berezino. i get bored run down hill. they say where are u. "im just at gas station" they like oh yeah just down the hill. we be down in a sec... nek minute. BOOOM!. they freak out. "WTF WAS THAT ROB". im like. oh im dead. they like wtf u do. i said i wanted to hear the noise of axe vs steel so i tapped the pump. screenshot of my body was missing its lower half and my pants were up around my ears. hahahahah

BTW that was 1 tap. fire axe. = win

Edited by R0B3RTF1SH3R

I think they worked it out to take about 2000 punches on a youtube video I watched

LMAO fun video then! ;)

LMAO fun video then! ;)

Hahaha It was a mythbusters thing, where they put font on screen stating it took 2000 punches, I promise I didn't want each punch  ;)

• Like 1