Sign in to follow this  
YankFu

Poll about Hackers

I just want to know who else has experienced exactly what I'm about to describe. No swearing or trashing the game because we all know it is in alpha and it is play at your own risk right now. Please tell me if this sounds familiar.

I log onto a server by myself with a character I have anywhere from 8 - 12 hours of game play on. Fully geared and surviving I run around looking for some specific items.

Every few minutes (2-3), I check to see if I am still alone. Upon seeing one other person joined that person is at my location and I am dead usually under 5 minutes. I saw him teleport. He then logs off. I return to my body, all gear is gone and my body is hidden. So to be specific I am in the server for an hour and someone joins for 10 minutes to kill and loot me and then moves on. This is why I will not rent a server until I can password it and invite others to join. If some of the servers could be locked it would create a safe haven for those of us that enjoy this game the way it was meant to be played. I am fine with bandits and KoS but server jumping and teleporting is ruining this game for me and Dean Hall needs to change something.

Leave me your story or what you think.

• Like 1

Honestly they will never stop hackers. No company can. They can mitigate it as much as possible, but they will never stop it. It's really bad atm. Private servers may seem like a solution. I like public servers to "interact" with players I don't know.

I mean.. this has to be the first time Ive read about someone being consistently killed while ALONE on an empty server, that 1 person joins.. just to kill you.

I have one tip:

stop playing on empty servers.

• Like 2

I mean.. this has to be the first time Ive read about someone being consistently killed while ALONE on an empty server, that 1 person joins.. just to kill you.

I have one tip:

why should the op have to change the way he plays because of troll cheaters?

i think its time the devs spent more effort in reducing the amount of cheating.

when the standalone was first announced one of the main reasons for it was said to be to reduce the cheating which was rampant in the mod. 

of course i know cheats will never be eliminated but with the amount of capital available to the developers from all our purchases i feel they should have a dedicated team to lock down the game and keep abreast of new cheats to better serve there customers.

Edited by GeoffDeath

I don't like them either, but the more hackers now the better. The sooner they pinpoint the leaks and loopholes that makes it possible, the faster they can fix it before full release.

• Like 3

Hacks/exploits I've seen or seen discussed:

1. Hack - teleportation. Well known and widely reported hack. Haven't seen anyone discuss a timing on addressing this.
  2. Hack - ESP (knowing exactly where you are). I *think* some BE updates helped with this, but from what I've read people still report this happening.
  3. Hack - disarming or removing items from your inventory. I don't see this talked about as much anymore but people used to talk about it a lot. Maybe BE updates or DayZ updates helped stop this?
  4. Hack - teleporting other players near some lake. This one seems very new from the couple of discussions I've seen.
  5. Hack - glitched mag with unlimited ammo.  .49 update and pending global wipe is meant to help deal with this, seems to mainly effect M4 from what I've heard.
  6. Exploit - item duping. .49 update and pending global wipe is meant to help deal with this or stop it completely.
  7. Exploit - Eat All and similar options allowed for unlimited food/drink/etc by simply swapping out a junk item into your hands before the action finished. They fixed this maybe a month ago.

There's been others, but those are the main ones that I've seen or heard of. I know people don't like the "remember, it's early access alpha" message but that's important to keep in mind - the games ENGINE isn't finished let alone many features and safe guards. The best thing anyone can do is to keep reporting issues and hacks so the devs have all of the information possible at their finger tips to address it as completely as possible while also working with BattleEye.

• Like 2

I have one tip:

lol irish...

plz explain us how much players should be on a server?

sitting alone in the woods wont work...

sitting on a full server didnt work too...

every server has them...

plz explain your genius solution...

Edited by quantum2k6

Seems there has been an influx of scripting, or at the least of people reporting it - maybe they had had a summer sale on cheats :( . Or a last hurrah before the wipe? If people paid for this shit and a significant code change could make it redundant (just guessing here, don't have a clue technically...), that could make sense?

Edited by Hoik

Op - this won't change until they give the server owners the right to monitor and ban. Look on the bright side though, at least you aren't a loser who needs to cheat at a poor fps.

lol irish...

plz explain us how much players should be on a server?

sitting alone in the woods wont work...

sitting on a full server didnt work too...

every server has them...

plz explain your genius solution...

Because some hackers, presumably, target what they might consider to be server hoppers. If they see a 1/40 server then they join just to kill that one guy - for kicks I guess, or maybe because they think they're doing the community a service. If a player is being consistently targeted this way then the logical solution is to stop joining empty servers.

In the Mod and SA it is never a good idea to join an unoccupied server.

As a lone wolf I prefer servers that have between 2-8 people maximum and I rarely have encountered hacking in the Mod or SA (honestly).

The Mod also had weird whitehat scripters who were sometimes lonely and desperate for friends so they would offer you hacked gear and vehicles.

I've never ran into an active hacker. I have found an unlimited ammo M4 and dumped it in the water, but other than that nothing in 400+ hours.

Edited by Hells High

I have only seen what I was pretty certain was hackers only a few time since I have been playing the SA. 2 times I'm pretty sure of. They are rare but out there. Most of us are not dumb enough to put malware cheat soft ware on there PCs, just to cheat in a game that has no score board......just don't get it.

Death by Crowbar pretty much listed most of the known hacks that are seen.

I did some research to find out what's behind all this "hacking" a few months ago. What I discovered was these "hackers" really should just be called cheaters. They are using 3rd party software what is known as "Mal Ware" like "esp" and the like. These programs are not at all like mods, its serous bad news stuff. These programs are made by real hackers. In a nut shell if you want use one of these "hacks" your giving up your IP address. Then the hackers will enject key logger and god knows what else onto your system.  So these people who cheat in Dayz may pay a vary heavy price at the end. Complete loss of privacy and digital theft. Its the truth. Don't do it, don't mess with that type of stuff. You may as well hand someone you don't know whos quite shady the keys to your house and hoping nothing will happen.

In DayZ I just don't understand why people want to cheat....the game has no badges or score card....or leader board theres no way of keeping track...must be just low self self worth. Or they just like wrecking other people's fun and challenge... Whats the point...I just dont get it.

Edited by CJFlint

I have one tip:

Because clearly hacking only happens upon empty servers...

Honestly they will never stop hackers. No company can. They can mitigate it as much as possible, but they will never stop it. It's really bad atm. Private servers may seem like a solution. I like public servers to "interact" with players I don't know.

So you think dayz has a normal amount of hacking and therefore they shouldnt bother trying to lessen hacking?

OP says he wants to play the game as it's meant to be played, then plays on empty servers.