haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Exp servers going down. Update inbound. No ETA per Eugen http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2eu019/experimental_servers_going_down_update_incoming/

Changes and additions to possibly look for:

-new melee mechanics and bug fixes

-new door mechanics

-substanial navmesh update

-initial horticulture (placeholders)

-weather system impact on player (will need waterproof boots and rain protection clothing to keep player healthy during rain and warm clothes for cold temps)

-possible new leather craftable clothing items (not sure if this is in the build or not)

-MASKA-1Sch helmet, balaclava, and firefighter uniform

-Rossi R92 and MP133 could be in this build

Since no change logs get published for exp builds you can look to the status report for some hints for what to look for http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209229-status-report-week-of-25-august-14/#entry2095026.

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 6

Im hoping for desync and melee fix. Maybe we get Rossi and Baklava. Weather impact and horticulture confirmed in last devblogs.k

This is the beginning of being able to live completely off the land! Tents, fishing, growing your own crops plus persistence! All I need now to be golden is some simple barricading and I'd be set on this game for a very long time :D! Don't get me wrong piecing together vehicles will be awesome with friends but they are not as big on my list as barricading is and being completely self sufficient. Can't wait for update!

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 4

This is the beginning of being able to live completely off the land! Tents, fishing, growing your own crops plus persistence! All I need now to be golden is some simple barricading and I'd be set on this game for a very long time :D! Don't get me wrong piecing together vehicles will be awesome with friends but they are not as big on my list as barricading is and being completely self sufficient. Can't wait for update!

I can see the garden hoe FINALLY becoming an effective tool more than just a melee and worm digger.

• Like 1

I don't get farming though. So what, you plant your crops, log off and then come back a month later? And what about that weather? You're only going to be able plant at a specific time of year? Or are these going to be magic bean kinda seeds that pop up overnight? Oh well, just another thing to rob people of I guess. =P 

• Like 3

I don't get farming though. So what, you plant your crops, log off and then come back a month later? And what about that weather? You're only going to be able plant at a specific time of year? Or are these going to be magic bean kinda seeds that pop up overnight? Oh well, just another thing to rob people of I guess. =P

My farm will be a 10 X 15 ft . rectangle plot inside the broken down church near ... Well some know what I'm takin about , there's a few of them and I will be waiting there for my crops to grow with my clan and all the lrs'ed moisins they can carry .. We will be waiting Jubei lol ...

But on a serious note I'm sure the plants will grow to full in about 3 days real time , and if they ever get time acceleration working correct admins could make it so crops grow full in as little as 12 hrs real time .. I think it's a great addition for when canned goods become very scarce , good for both me the farmer survival guy , and you the highway man nomad type ;) .

Edit: can't wait to get out of freaking work and check this patch out :) .

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 1

I doubt plants will really take a month to grow. Probably more like grapefruit thinks with a few days or something. We just don't know any details but it's exciting to find out. As for why add it to the game? Because it gives people something else to do than just run around and shoot each other like it's CoD. Now I can play as some old crusty farmer with poor vision but carries a big gun. I have a reason to wear those ugly patch jhorts now! Besides I think it will be funny as hell being robbed for my fine quality produce :D

The weather is going to be interesting too. No instead of people mindlessly running around with full on camo gear or naked they will have to use their noggin and wear proper clothing. Wearing a bright yellow rain coat is not the best way to go about a stealth appearance so perhaps this cuts into the whole run n gun mentality. It gives players something else to keep in check just like your hunger, thirst and health. When diseases get added this game will change quite a bit and people might actually trade for antibiotics and other medicine to cure their diseases. It's all part of bringing in something more than just a shooter so I wlecome these changes big time!

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

Oh man, I just saw the "0.49 discussion" and got way too excited. I can't wait to start fresh in a new world with new rules. :D

It was more a stab at the cries for realism more than anything. I do get what it's meant to bring to the table though. Accelerated or not, you have to admit it's going to be a lil stupid if you can grow crops in the cold. I'm not a farmer by any means, but I'm pretty sure the winters aren't the ideal times for planting and growing crops. =)

Wonder if there will be corn though? Grow that shit nice and high and use for cover or ambushes. Maybe even a new form of torture, force players to sprint through and come out the other side with a bunch of stinging lil cuts...and don't clean the wounds!

+ yoink!

update only 18,3 mb ?  Server ver 0.49 and after update "bad version" ;)

Edited by Grzech

Incomming!

Edit: still 0.48?

Edited by Agilov

well, well,  DayZWaterPump.png

Lets see what we got. (Please let it be the Rose)

• Like 6

I updated but still version showing 0.48 on mainscreen whats that update for ? This is weird.

Edited by BugZ

They said it would take a while and there's no ETA. I'm sure the tiny update fits into the roll-out somehow.

FYI, the ~18MB update just now, on Stable and Experimental, is probably just the "VC 2010 Redist" depot addition. http://steamdb.info/app/221100/history/

That's true, check the folders people. All are the same, but this is new.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DayZ\_CommonRedist\vcredist\

So wait, there is a thread for a new experimental in what? the hopes that it will be out soon. Bit premature don't you think, it got me all exited. Wow what an anti-climax!

Edited by JamesLennoxHood

So wait, there is a thread for a new experimental in what? the hopes that it will be out soon. Bit premature don't you think, it got me all exited. Wow what an anti-climax!

Did you read the first post and look at the attached link?