haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

Alpha.... they said... till it was pointless in repeating :( . But, yes I have had trouble connecting as well...

Ongoing known issue, just check the .49 discussion thread.  Far as I know only two servers up, 1 in UK and 1 in USA.  History and Favorites will show inaccurate counts.  Should be getting some love in the next few hours since it is 600am in the Czech Republic right now.  Unless they are closed for Labor Day, then we are all Fooked til tomorrow..

Yeah, I had been running into a bunch of places like that.  I have a feeling this is why most of the servers are not taking players, maybe the servers are just at max capacity for stuff.  I was on one server that was so packed the game stopped responding.  There was gear spawning in places I had NEVER seen gear before, like in the middle of fields, it was frigging crazy.  On the up side I did find a 5 round CR 527 mag, it was empty but I had the rounds to fill 'er up.

edit: for the record, I am about even to a little better than even at finding AK's in UAZ jeeps over finding them in barracks or jails.  I find more mags for AK's in tents and in UAZ's than in buildings too (except for the 75 round drum, more often find them in barracks than in tents or bunkers).

Edited by Barnabus

Unless they are closed for Labor Day, then we are all Fooked til tomorrow..

In Europe, Labor Day is celebrated on May 1 (May Day). ;)

In Europe, Labor Day is celebrated on May 1 (May Day). ;)

Excellent!  Good to know, another reason why my ancestors left Europe, you have Labor Day on the wrong day, obviously.. :D

Useless quoting of posts from 10 pages past is only going to make flames.

Do not do it.

Topic cleaned.

I have a theory that all these servers are down because they are capped out on loot.  Maybe so much so that there is no capacity or room left to take players? 

I was on one server that stopped working while I was on it, it had loot EVERYWHERE.  I was in the open fields SW of Black mountain, Novy Lug, and there was gear everywhere.  It was strewn out from the barn to the tool shed (that usually has NOTHING) and truck near it.  Over in the lone house in the field across the road, it was just jam packed with stuff, the shed outside too, even some stuff in the yard.  I had never seen so much gear in such a large area before.  It was crazy, I just got the idea to go look for a tent when the server just completely stopped responding, when I got out it became one of the ones that can't load players anymore.

I have a theory that all these servers are down because they are capped out on loot.  Maybe so much so that there is no capacity or room left to take players? 

I was on one server that stopped working while I was on it, it had loot EVERYWHERE.  I was in the open fields SW of Black mountain, Novy Lug, and there was gear everywhere.  It was strewn out from the barn to the tool shed (that usually has NOTHING) and truck near it.  Over in the lone house in the field across the road, it was just jam packed with stuff, the shed outside too, even some stuff in the yard.  I had never seen so much gear in such a large area before.  It was crazy, I just got the idea to go look for a tent when the server just completely stopped responding, when I got out it became one of the ones that can't load players anymore.

That would have been nice to see pics of...

That would have been nice to see pics of...

Unfortunately, I didn't have the presence of mind to take any screenies, I wish I had, I was just too stunned.  I'll look when I get home from work, but I don't think I have any. 

Yeah, just checked, I don't got nothing.  We'll see though I am going to see if exp is working as soon as the patch downloads.

Edited by Barnabus

I think it's anyway pointless (for all -> devs and players) to get the exp servers working right now without a new 0.49 fix for the loot system.

I think it's anyway pointless (for all -> devs and players) to get the exp servers working right now without a new 0.49 fix for the loot system.

Hmm, well, there may have been a hotfix...

I know people are focused on the server issues but did anyone check to see if they fixed walki talkies? They have been broken for a while but it dosn't seem like they are on the dev's radar. Should be simple to fix and really help with player interactions.

Yeah, it's been awhile since this issue have arose. Just don't forget to use bug tracker, man. There's a report on it: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=13659. Vote it up and comment,

'weather system impact on player (will need waterproof boots and rain protection clothing to keep player healthy during rain and warm clothes for cold temps)'

I'm just wondering.. 'cold temps' so that means snow? because if it doesn't mean snow.. then why wear 'warm' clothes when you can just waterproof them so no water leaks inside?
most clothes *apart from raincoat* are warm by themselves.. woolcoat.. I mean how warm you want to be? waterproof it somehow and you're golden.

not going to play dayz for a while.. seen to many bugs and stuff and the tents thing that was 'huge' was stretched FAR to long before you could actually place the damn thing on the ground and it stayed there!

so if patch 50.xxx or higher comes up.. please wake me up again :D

Servers seem to be working again.

Maybe they were just restarted. They all worked until the first reset, didn't they?

Since the servers came back up I've been getting huge Desyncs during which I get dragged across the area I'm in. Just got killed by zombies during desync, rip loot, anyone else having this issue?

Hmm, well, there may have been a hotfix...

Actually, the servers were wiped (all my hidden things are gone) and it seems the loot system works good now, no more abundance or lack of loot. But if you find a building which is on its own you can loot cycle a bit (max. 2 times per item) I observed. OR probably the loot just spawned with a little delay, what made me just think it is loot cycling. Seems the temperature (hyperthermic) is a bit adjusted too but this could be only an imagination of me.

Since the servers came back up I've been getting huge Desyncs during which I get dragged across the area I'm in. Just got killed by zombies during desync, rip loot, anyone else having this issue?

Yes I had rubberbanding too, but thats happened often after (server) updates, this could vanish after some hours or days when the devs tweaks the servers or whatever they usually do. 

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

'weather system impact on player (will need waterproof boots and rain protection clothing to keep player healthy during rain and warm clothes for cold temps)'

I'm just wondering.. 'cold temps' so that means snow? because if it doesn't mean snow.. then why wear 'warm' clothes when you can just waterproof them so no water leaks inside?

most clothes *apart from raincoat* are warm by themselves.. woolcoat.. I mean how warm you want to be? waterproof it somehow and you're golden.

not going to play dayz for a while.. seen to many bugs and stuff and the tents thing that was 'huge' was stretched FAR to long before you could actually place the damn thing on the ground and it stayed there!

so if patch 50.xxx or higher comes up.. please wake me up again :D

To be fair, it doesn't need to snow for it to be stupidly cold out. I imagine some clothing has a better warming effect than raincoats. Or, if they are somewhat similar, not everyone can have a raincoat all the time. If it's really cold out and don't have a raincoat, coming across a heavy wool coat may be a blessing.

One thing that does seem a bit odd to me in the current system is how a raincoat seems to protect you from water walking in it. I can see wellies helping with that, maybe hiking boots to an extent? I'm sure we'll see changes as the system becomes more nuanced and less experimental.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 2

To be fair, it doesn't need to snow for it to be stupidly cold out. I imagine some clothing has a better warming effect than raincoats. Or, if they are somewhat similar, not everyone can have a raincoat all the time. If it's really cold out and don't have a raincoat, coming across a heavy wool coat may be a blessing.

One thing that does seem a bit odd to me in the current system is how a raincoat seems to protect you from water walking in it. I can see wellies helping with that, maybe hiking boots to an extent? I'm sure we'll see changes as the system becomes more nuanced and less experimental.

well they want 'realism' in their games.. thats the way to go.. it is Belarus so hey.. it can be cold there.. but adding in snow/fog could be a real game changer.. I mean they already have different types of pants.. so why not different weather types.. why have winter hunter pants in a game when you're not adding in snow to cover everything.. whats the point of white camo in the middle of Cherno.. or in the middle of black lake forest/green mountain.. the only thing that does is get you spotted.. just saying..

so since their so hot on fixing/implementing 'weahter systems' why not start there.. sure rain can be cold.. but when starts snowing.. lighting that all important fire.. becomes ALOT more important instantly! 

Fog in Cherno/Airfield/Electro & new big towns up north.. SURE makes it hell of alot harder for snipers to spot you.. and a hell of a lot harder to move around without triggering zombie hordes *if those are added* thus slowing the game pase down.. JUST like good ol' dean hall wants it to play out!

• Like 1

Maybe they were just restarted. They all worked until the first reset, didn't they?

Didn't make it to the reset, but I had an excellent perfomance during the 2 hours I played, no lag at all, totally responsive features.

Not my case, quite the contrary, but I have not seen any zombie yet.

On another note, I quite like the weather system, cold is working properly for this exp release, but heat is not, the body temperature parameters are quite off, you can get hyperthermia by jogging or running for a few minutes while wearing a raincoat (not talking about a 35km non-stop run just a few minutes) even when the sky is falling upon you.

Note: I got hyperthermia by standing in thick rain for a few minutes while wearing my raincoat.

The case is the same when indoors, as soon as you spend couple of minutes inside a house while using your raincoat, considering is raining a lot outside will end up with you in hyperthermia state, even if you're just standing there, ending with you taking off/switching clothes a lot (affecting your situational awareness incredibly), so yeah, heat does need a lot of tweaking since there is no way in real life that a raincoat do that to you so easy and quick.

Dude. You're crossing bridges that are miles ahead of us ... Of course we all want snow and everybody including the devs have talked about it but do we really want snow right now in the un- optimized state dayz is in right now ? I'd say wait until the very end of alpha or even the beginning of beta to put in snow...

As for now the temperature system is exciting and some people just take it for granted and try to play like they use to : run non stop in the clothes they like as opposed to warm/ cool clothes while taking breaks every now and again . And of course well see more emphasis on boots keeping out water but this is just the first stage like we've all stated so I'm really excited to see where this all goes .

Indeed, people need to start adapting to the new experience DayZ is becoming, on the boot matter I feel the same, so far I'm loving my wellies so I haven't checked out how other types of footwear work. (Wearing wellies, brown hunter pants which do and should protect me from rain and a raincoat or hoodie depending on the rain)

Edited by Carlosdmc

well they want 'realism' in their games.. thats the way to go.. it is Belarus so hey.. it can be cold there.. but adding in snow/fog could be a real game changer.. I mean they already have different types of pants.. so why not different weather types.. why have winter hunter pants in a game when you're not adding in snow to cover everything.. whats the point of white camo in the middle of Cherno.. or in the middle of black lake forest/green mountain.. the only thing that does is get you spotted.. just saying..

so since their so hot on fixing/implementing 'weahter systems' why not start there.. sure rain can be cold.. but when starts snowing.. lighting that all important fire.. becomes ALOT more important instantly!

Fog in Cherno/Airfield/Electro & new big towns up north.. SURE makes it hell of alot harder for snipers to spot you.. and a hell of a lot harder to move around without triggering zombie hordes *if those are added* thus slowing the game pase down.. JUST like good ol' dean hall wants it to play out!

Dude. You're crossing bridges that are miles ahead of us ... Of course we all want snow and everybody including the devs have talked about it but do we really want snow right now in the un- optimized state dayz is in right now ? I'd say wait until the very end of alpha or even the beginning of beta to put in snow...

As for now the temperature system is exciting and some people just take it for granted and try to play like they use to : run non stop in the clothes they like as opposed to warm/ cool clothes while taking breaks every now and again . And of course well see more emphasis on boots keeping out water but this is just the first stage like we've all stated so I'm really excited to see where this all goes .

• Like 2