haknslash

Experimental Branch: 0.49 Discussion

I think my character is just hot blooded haha, the second i put a jacket on i'm immediately hypothermic, not fun running around with no shirt!

It may be true in a way, since for some reason, my character is always cold. Even if I'm fully dry, I got a down jacket and if I'm not running, character feels a bit chilly lol.

my first encounter with invisible zombies, at least killed one sucker before they beat me to death...

I'm having fun with the new weather mechanics and how it effects your character, but put that aside, I haven't found anything new at all. Has anyone found the new rifle and shotgun? I tired using shovels and gardening hoe but don't see any option on how to prep an area for planting crops. Is it working? Anyone found the finger-less gloves? Seen a wolf. Tried searching all of these, but it didn't come up with anything else than questions...

The weather is the only thing that they currently added. Expect more in the next weeks (not the wolves, gardening, shoty, or knuckles). Next update will be probably either be on monday or Wednesday. Edited by basinox
  • Like 1

The weather is the only thing that they currently added. Expect more in the next weeks (not the wolves, gardening, shoty, or knuckles). Next update will be probably either be on monday or Wednesday.

Weather is not the only thing they currently added.  Loots spawns have been revamped again.  Apple trees now have rotten apples(only rotten apples as far as I could find)

I imagine the experimental build we have is test more macro systems, like the weather, the new loot economy, etc. Introducing of weapons and smaller details can all come in with the stable patch, there's really nothing there that needs quite so extensive testing and tweaking with a larger group of testers. In other words, a new rifle isn't going to drastically change everyone's game experience but weather does, better to get the early data on the latter.

Edited by Ebrim

I think my character is just hot blooded haha, the second i put a jacket on i'm immediately hypothermic, not fun running around with no shirt!

I feel you, I have actually been looking for a t-shirt to wear rather than tear it up for rags...

I have been finding that axes are pretty much useless right now, doesn't really matter which one.  I have been having much better luck killing zeds with the Hoe.  It seems to have the longer reach needed than the axes at this time.

I have been finding that axes are pretty much useless right now, doesn't really matter which one.  I have been having much better luck killing zeds with the Hoe.  It seems to have the longer reach needed than the axes at this time.

Been heaving great results with the woodcutters axe. I've avoided the Fireman's axe due to all the complaints about it though!

Been heaving great results with the woodcutters axe. I've avoided the Fireman's axe due to all the complaints about it though!

The axe seems to do ok for me if I can get behind the bastards, but if they are in front of me, no matter how close I get, none of the old aimpoints are working for me.  It's making me nuts I tell you.  I tried hitting a hopper between the sholder blades, missed him completely, all that really did was agro him.  When my aim point was between his ass and his feet I got him. 

If I use the hoe it's three hits, I hit them twice, they hit the ground.

Anyone been on Southwest 4 in and around Svet recently? Mad loot piles everywhere, it's ridiculous. Anyone know if this is just a natural occurrence or forced through some exploit or hack? Are EXP servers BI operated or privately operated?

One upside to it though, is that it didn't seem to be affecting my frame rate, and having the shelves of a little kiosk packed with product is how I feel it should be at the start of a servers lifespan. Then as time goes on and people die, spawn, die, spawn and so on, the shelves get emptied over time. The only prob with that is how do we determine the lifespan of a server? 

Why the hell do the servers keep restarting? if im lucky enough to get into one server then i play for like a few minutes then it restarts again wtf? 

I was looting the apartments when the server restarted. Now I'm below the floor. :( Am I stuck until my character starves?

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/559891575233093584/2C058F38F58AA7A9BF56C7B4DE39B5CDFED15211/

No, you can get out of it, just keep trying with sprinting or vaulting or crawling or crouching..  You'll get out. 

I have kinda noticed a lack of "server restarts in 5 minutes" warnings lately.  If you see that, your time is best spent finding a good place to log off.  I have been making a camp fire and logging off in 1 story buildings so I avoid logging back in in bad weather.

Avoid logging out in the tool sheds that are close to railroads, you'll come back in them sticking half way out the floor as axe bait.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I was looting the apartments when the server restarted. Now I'm below the floor. :( Am I stuck until my character starves?

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/559891575233093584/2C058F38F58AA7A9BF56C7B4DE39B5CDFED15211/

I got stuck in a similar location. I was fully armed and had tons of loot. I spent ages trying to run at walls and jump to see if I can get out. I then started firing through the walls to try and get attention and used up all my ammo. I decided the only way to solve it was starve myself so I dropped all my food.

I then decided to try once more and aimed for the bit where the steps lead up into the building. If you judge it right you can jump out through them and I was free! I was just celebrating my success when I realised I had wasted all my ammo, and all my food and drink was now in the foundations of a building I couldn't reach! :lol:

• Like 1

I think I might know why there's heaps of loot everywhere. I think it might be due to the global economy they've been experimenting with, and since there only the 40 odd servers the values for the amount of items spawned is quite largest so we've seen excessive amounts of items spawned.

Anyone else noticing lots of random explosions? I was on Central 0-4 in the West and would hear a big boom, then a little while later another and another. I don't think it's grenades as over the time I heard them I was moving south at a pretty fast clip. As in, the period I was hearing them took me from north of Zelengorsk all the way south to the coast. It could also be gas stations I suppose but it just seems odd that they'd be following me south. I guess it could also be explosion phantom sounds?

Edited by Ebrim

I think I might know why there's heaps of loot everywhere. I think it might be due to the global economy they've been experimenting with, and since there only the 40 odd servers the values for the amount of items spawned is quite largest so we've seen excessive amounts of items spawned.

Some houses have just been spawning loot up the walls, like stacks of clothes and boots and the like, while sometimes entire villages have had  like, a sporter, some tuna and a wrench. I've also yet to find any weapons are ammo in police stations in .49 which is pretty annoying. They need to do a bit more experimenting.

Happened to me the other day and what others suggested to vault, run, crawl and so on wouldn't work for me. The way I got out (and got out on different occasions) is to log out of the server and log back in (same or different server), while the textures start loading you can usually sprint out through the walls.

Edit: it may take a few attempts.

Edited by SAK
  • Like 1

How does persistence work at the moment, I want to make a camp in a house but everytime I place down  anything that can store items (i.e backpacks, cooking stoves/pots) all the stuff inside disappears, I've put a camp fire and some other stuff on the ground up in the woods but I haven't checked on it, its been about 5 hours, like 2 restarts when I was on cuz server was bugging a bit, probably more.

Bro. Do you even shed?

qdFLAZ1.jpg?1

Also, here's a bug that shows that 35 of my friends are playing in this server. Sadly, my dream of a full server Electro Techno Pants Off Dance Off must wait...

tROwcny.jpg?1

Edited by Rags
  • Like 1

confirmed .49 still has invisible player hackers. i have been killed 2 times by them in the last 2 days. this should be a priority bug since it is almost impossible to kill an invisible enemy no matter how bad they suck. I have been killed more times by hackers aka script kiddies than legit players since i started playing Dayz. I love the game and am hopeful for the day when  i am killed more times legitimately. Keep up the good work with developing the game but please spend some time on getting rid of some of these exploits... the same ones seem to persist build to build.

confirmed .49 still has invisible player hackers. i have been killed 2 times by them in the last 2 days. this should be a priority bug since it is almost impossible to kill an invisible enemy no matter how bad they suck. I have been killed more times by hackers aka script kiddies than legit players since i started playing Dayz. I love the game and am hopeful for the day when  i am killed more times legitimately. Keep up the good work with developing the game but please spend some time on getting rid of some of these exploits... the same ones seem to persist build to build.

Agree my party ran into a hacker running like Flash with a crowbar. We all had M4s and took him out. So they can move really fast but no loot ?

For anyone curious I found a good write-up on the special PAX build. New civ airport stuff, melee weapons, door mechanics, horticulture etc. Edit: Just realized it was from our very own DropBearChick!

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2f1e0s/dayz_pax_build/

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

Agree my party ran into a hacker running like Flash with a crowbar. We all had M4s and took him out. So they can move really fast but no loot ?

Or he just thought it was fun to hit people with a crowbar. If you're hacking, you're not actually playing the game, you're just screwing around for the lulz.

• Like 1