Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

What Was Your Favorite Part About The New Dev Blog?

For me it had to be the new Horticulture implementation and negative weather effects talk.

Just something about growing your own crops in Dayz sounds like a satisfying achievement in itself. I mean think about it you got your own little hidden spot growing green peppers and potatoes for reserve.

That and now ppl are going to have to worry more about there health when running around pvping out in the rain and stuff. Wont stop pvp and KOS completely but im hopping it slows ppl down and makes them think more about the the area around them. This will hopefully make having warm sweaters and stuff like that found in the world more useful than just an aesthetic as well! :)

So what are you guys excited about with the update coming out?

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 2

The civilian airport and how excited they were for the new melee implementation.

The civilian airport and how excited they were for the new melee implementation.

Yeah i really hope everything works out for that one too. The new back pack coming out to called the SPOSN got me excited as well. More back pack variety is definitely a welcome to me!

I think they better implement a way to fold up clothes in your pack or something, or else you're going to end up with everyone in rain coats, or whatever the best anti-rain shirt becomes (wouldn't be surprised if once again, military gear is the best stuff in every single aspect).

It's bad enough as is that everyone ends up looking the same, if some clothing gives even more of a clear advantage everyone's gonna be using it.  They ought to add ponchos or something.  Hell, I'd even like an umbrella that you actually have to hold, that would be hilarious and fun.  I'd rather do that than be forced into wearing some clothes I don't like.

Farming is cool, but I'm more interested in persistence working properly first.  I'd see farming is more something to do once you have a base, rather than on its own, at least for me personally.  It's gotta be implemented at some time, so that's cool and I'm not knocken it, but I'm not terribly excited for it just yet.

I think the stuff about leather clothes and especially dying was most interesting to me.  It'll depend how the stuff looks if I use it or not, but I like the concept of dying your own clothes, especially as some one who's favorite game is UO.  Personally I'd like to see being able to color any clothes, but I'll take what I can get!

Aside from that it's not to have more incentive to hunt, the backpacks were great additions for that, and expanding crafting from resources you actually have to gather is awesome.

I think the stuff about leather clothes and especially dying was most interesting to me.  It'll depend how the stuff looks if I use it or not, but I like the concept of dying your own clothes, especially as some one who's favorite game is UO.  Personally I'd like to see being able to color any clothes, but I'll take what I can get!

Aside from that it's not to have more incentive to hunt, the backpacks were great additions for that, and expanding crafting from resources you actually have to gather is awesome.

I and others have mentioned dying clothing different colors many times as a suggestion. Its good to finally see them do something about it.

Balaclavas

My only concern with these are making sure they can be worn in conjunction with basically every single type of head gear available including baseball/trucker caps. Its bad enough we cant use the gas mask with pilot helmets and military ballistic helmets.

11gk9hv.jpg

Beautifull

I hope it won't be like that again. I don't want to hit roof all the time with weapons.
  • Like 1

Dat Lever action rifle @3:50

I hope we'll be able to saw it off, too

mare_670.jpg

(Yeah, guns, I know. But I'm not as thrilled towards horticulture as I was for Hunting ;) )

Edited by irishroy

Fuck the balaclavas, I can't wait to try these Maska-1Sch babies out.

ptolemeus_maska1_1703.jpg

Edited by Ceallach
  • Like 1

I hope it won't be like that again. I don't want to hit roof all the time with weapons.

Sounds like you shouldn't use large weapons in confined spaces. Carry a screwdriver, ultimate weapon. :)

I'm excited for weather effects and loot system changes.

Sounds like you shouldn't use large weapons in confined spaces. Carry a screwdriver, ultimate weapon. :)

Watch the picture again and see how much the arc is further from the axe blade. Especially upper part is unrealisticly high from the real arc and only brings confusion and annoyance. It's even very stupid to start the hit detection so much behind because 100% of the time you want to hit things you watch and not above or behind you. The arc should start somewhere around the 11th dot counted from left and be closer to the player.

Lol yeah the interiors are way to small imo.

Watch the picture again and see how much the arc is further from the axe blade. Especially upper part is unrealisticly high from the real arc and only brings confusion and annoyance. It's even very stupid to start the hit detection so much behind because 100% of the time you want to hit things you watch and not above or behind you. The arc should start somewhere around the 11th dot counted from left and be closer to the player.

Meanwhile someone with a pistol if there smart manages to blow you away while your hitting walls and ceilings trying to make a simple arc with your axe..... XD

It doesn't really matter where you want to hit, unless you plan on poking them roughly with the head of the axe, you're going to need room to swing it for it to be anything like effective. Just use appropriate tools for appropriate spaces and be aware of your surroundings.

Edited by Ebrim

Excited for melee and better animal AI! Hunting is way too easy atm.

Ooh and definitely weather effects. 

Can't forget the navmesh update.

More craftables. 

Pretty much the entire update.  :D

Edited by solodude23

Everything in that Dev Blog sounded wonderful! :)

and inB4 someone mentions vehicles....they always do.

It doesn't really matter where you want to hit, unless you plan on poking them roughly with the head of the axe, you're going to need room to swing it for it to be anything like effective. Just use appropriate tools for appropriate spaces and be aware of your surroundings.

You don't need to swin axe 1m above your head to be effective. You don't need much room to cause damage with an axe if you place your hand closer to the axe's head. Also hitting a wall behind you which isn't even realistic was one of the biggest problems with the old system. Too bad I've deleted a video where I showed how stupid it looked.

You don't need to swin axe 1m above your head to be effective. You don't need much room to cause damage with an axe if you place your hand closer to the axe's head. Also hitting a wall behind you which isn't even realistic was one of the biggest problems with the old system. Too bad I've deleted a video where I showed how stupid it looked.

They can only simulate it so much, I think it worked fine.  As mentioned, you use smaller melee weapons in doors and have to be aware of your surroundings, just like if you were doing a full swing of an axe IRL.

Can you use an axe in different ways irl?  of course, but there's limitations on time/effort and they're not going to sit there and animate every variation.

The result is variety of weapons being important.  And I say this as some one who's friend killed him on a back swing.  Next time we'll both be more careful, and we had a good laugh.

To be fair, I doubt this picture representative of the final product. I'm alright with swing wide hit detection, and I'm sure it will be tweaked.

Horticulture is fantastic news, one day I hope to have a farm of sorts, with enclosed pigs, crops and a barricaded, lockable house. It would make DayZ from being (in my opinion) an al-right game, to one of the best games of all time. Just imagine the sandbox opportunities in the future... 

Im just going to put this out there since i got to try experimental for the first time last night. Weather is REALLY brutal in game right now. You get to hot you can die from heat exhaustion. You get to cold you can catch a cold and die. When you find a rain coat you will NEVER have to worry about rain again even when damaged the rain coat will protect you from the elements. They act just like the wellies you can find. But without that i noticed you get hungry allot faster the colder you get to. So there is a constant need to maintain your bodies health. Dipping your body soaked in water will keep you protected on hot long days.

Edited by Deathlove

Im just going to put this out there since i got to try experimental for the first time last night. Weather is REALLY brutal in game right now. You get to hot you can die from heat exhaustion. You get to cold you can catch a cold and die. When you find a rain coat you will NEVER have to worry about rain again even when damaged the rain coat will protect you from the elements. They act just like the wellies you can find. But without that i noticed you get hungry allot faster the colder you get to. So there is a constant need to maintain your bodies health. Dipping your body soaked in water will keep you protected on hot long days.

I hope they make it a lot more subtle.  I really don't want clothing options to become even more boring/mandatory.