Sign in to follow this  
U.G.N - Jedi Panda

>80 slot servers

I have 100+ hours in this game and I have never seen one hacker, I'm not saying they are not there just that there can't be that many

I was under the same impression but my friends and I usually play on low to moderately populated servers. We thought "hey, let's hop to a full server and see how long it'll take to find someone."

We run to Novy Sobor and and up killed by some invisible person while we were watching doorways in the police station.

If there are swarms of 100+ zombies at airfields and such, taking a group of 40 or so players armed with knives and pistols to NWAF could be awesome. What's the worst that could come from large groups of players roaming around?

There is an almost guarantee they will mow down and try to kill any person they come across.

You wanna meet some hackers? Go to the Berezino area and park yourself in a bush.

10 minutes, tops. 

You have to remember, while there are hackers, the majority of people that complain about them, never actually encountered a hacker.  They got killed by someone they assume was hacking to justify other shit going down.  Desync, lag issues, poor aiming.  Just being bad and assuming they arent. 

But they wont tell you that.  And youll never get them to admit to the possibility. 

If DayZ had as many hackers as this forums believes there are, 80% of the playing population would be hacking as we speak. 

I would have to say that I've been killed by a hacker at least once though. I was with my friend and 3 guys were downstairs, all of a sudden me and my friend have our guns on our backs and whenever we try to take them out (even dragging them from the inventory to 'hands' box) they go back on our backs. If that's not a hack then I don't bloody well know what it was. 

When the servers won't lag to shit and go b0rk with 30 or 40, let alone 80+

Also when it's done, it's done.

Well i havent played this game since January, and my group are wanting to get involved again but it makes no sense to start hosting servers again when the game offers us nothing at the moment.

If the servers cant handle 30-40 slots now, they must have taken some steps backwards. When we had our server at the start of the year we had it running fine with 65-75 players, anything over this and it was unplayable lag like hell. and yes we did have it full a couple of time at 127 players, but was unplayable. (this player slot count wasnt condoned by the Dayz staff or our server provider, but was an interesting experiment nonetheless). (for info the server was using over 110mbps/s in bandwidth at the time, lol!).  

I'm surprised that 60-70 slot servers still aren't an option by now, considering it is 7-8 months on, and it seemed to work fine when we did it. 40 players in a 225 KM map is just too little, especially considering there are no vehicles. 

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda

You have to remember, while there are hackers, the majority of people that complain about them, never actually encountered a hacker.  They got killed by someone they assume was hacking to justify other shit going down.  Desync, lag issues, poor aiming.  Just being bad and assuming they arent. 

But they wont tell you that.  And youll never get them to admit to the possibility. 

If DayZ had as many hackers as this forums believes there are, 80% of the playing population would be hacking as we speak. 

These 2 events took place within a few days of one another.... Yeah, I'm just imagining those hackers, amirite?

This doesn't even show the dozen or so people using Inf Ammo weapons that I've come across.. Want videos of those also, or are you convinced that there's a hacker problem yet?

Edited by Etherimp

I say leave it at 40 people because armies of 40-50 people will be running around the map eventually otherwise.

Or increase playercount and you just stick to low pop servers? everybody wins?

I say leave it at 40 people because armies of 40-50 people will be running around the map eventually otherwise.

I doubt groups will ever get that large, they will all murder each other with friendly fire and it would be hilarious.

Also, me and a friend haven't seen any teleporters or speedhackers in about 50 hours each of play. Maybe questionable hackers such as eating tons of bullets but nothing as clear cut and evident as that form of hacking.

I totally agree we need greater than 40 player servers. There is just nothing happening, and only encountering players 2-3 times in a 4 hour session is extremely dry.

Edited by bonesnap

Would love to find evidence of hacking on a hardcore server. Seems like every hacker video I see is in 3rd person. Coincidence?