Sign in to follow this  
U.G.N - Jedi Panda

>80 slot servers

When are we going to have servers with a decent amount of people? 40 slots is just not enough. 80-150 is much better i a lot of peoples views, including my own. 

Any idea when this will come? My community is not going to host any servers until we have a fun filled game to play and that definitely requires a much higher player count than 40. 

Cheers

I guess when, the dev are satisfied with the netcode and the improvement being made on the server/client architecture.

When the servers won't lag to shit and go b0rk with 30 or 40, let alone 80+

Also when it's done, it's done.

• Like 1

I think 40 players is fine for now, not just for the netcode and all just because there is nothing to do when you have gear so there will be 80+ geared people running around KoS, I do agree that more people should be allowed on one server but not any time soon

• Like 1

With as poorly optimized as this game is, you'd probably need a computer from the CIA headquarters in order to be able to play on an 80 player server. 

Edited by Chepaco
  • Like 2

What? On full servers of 40 you already run into teleporter/speed hackers a lot. On 80 person server it will attract even more teleporters. So for the love of Jesus Christ, they better not add more slots until they prevent most hacking.

Every hacker will be drawn to the bigger servers.

• Like 1

The dev's commented that adding animals to the server increased the load, and that they had to fine-tune the numbers to get a reasonable result.

No, i don't see 40p for some time, and as other have said, total-2 in berezino no matter the peak.

When are we going to have servers with a decent amount of people? 40 slots is just not enough. 80-150 is much better i a lot of peoples views, including my own. 

Any idea when this will come? My community is not going to host any servers until we have a fun filled game to play and that definitely requires a much higher player count than 40. 

Cheers

Don't worry, the aiming for 150ppl server. Only to please CoD kids and make good sells.

What? On full servers of 40 you already run into teleporter/speed hackers a lot. On 80 person server it will attract even more teleporters. So for the love of Jesus Christ, they better not add more slots until they prevent most hacking.

If hackers are a problem they can make a whitelist. Problem solved...

Edited by Heradon2k

I have 100+ hours in this game and I have never seen one hacker, I'm not saying they are not there just that there can't be that many

• Like 1

I have 100+ hours in this game and I have never seen one hacker, I'm not saying they are not there just that there can't be that many

I have 700+ and I've seen a lot, aloooooot of them

I don't know what servers you play an because me and my friends have not seen a single hacker

Well one thing is certain... Server performance won't improve with 100+ people duping gear.

Can't wait to see if the fix for this actually works.

80?

I usually play in servers with 20- people

Otherwise it is too laggy, have to wait ages to interact with anything.

I don't know what servers you play an because me and my friends have not seen a single hacker

You have to remember, while there are hackers, the majority of people that complain about them, never actually encountered a hacker.  They got killed by someone they assume was hacking to justify other shit going down.  Desync, lag issues, poor aiming.  Just being bad and assuming they arent. 

But they wont tell you that.  And youll never get them to admit to the possibility. 

If DayZ had as many hackers as this forums believes there are, 80% of the playing population would be hacking as we speak. 

Edited by cartire
  • Like 3

lol.  It all depends on your play style.  If you are into the PVP and you PVP in a high population server in a popular town for an hour, you will find a hacker, period.  Roaming the countryside on high pops or mid pops, I don't typically run into them.  They are there, and they are all over the place.  Add to them the glitchers and dupers and there is a lot of abuse out there.  I get killed about 2-3 times a day.  About 1/6 deaths is to a hacker.  On days that I roam or am off doing some weird mission instead of PVP I typically don't see hackers.

What areas of the map do you frequent?

Me either. I have yet to see a bonafide hacker. Sure, I've been shot from who-knows-where, but that doesn't mean it was a hacker. 

What areas of the map do you frequent?

Right now on my HC character I am between Cherno and Elektro so I'm usually at the coast until I have what I want to explore    

Server performance and player count are not as correlated as you guys might think. Some servers are just higher quality and won't lag out when the pop gets above 30. The server I frequent has 4 hour restart intervals and usually has 30+ players online. Never had an issue with laggyness there.

I say leave it at 40 people because armies of 40-50 people will be running around the map eventually otherwise.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

I personally get the same lag issues and sloppy menu responses in a 5 man server and a 40 Man one, so I'm totally convinced that the lag is caused by the number of clients connected.

How much of that 700 was just having the game window open?

I've been playing since day 2 of release and have encountered a real hacker maybe once, but even that could've just been a whole lot of other things like desync.

How much of that 700 was just having the game window open?

I've been playing since day 2 of release and have encountered a real hacker maybe once, but even that could've just been a whole lot of other things like desync.

A fair bit most likely, but I can't really blame desync for being killed by someone flying around, someone seeing me through walls, killing me with infinite ammo, or people stealing my gear from some unknown place. Maybe I just pick bad servers but I've seen a lot of this.

And @ iBattleVet I frequent the pvp areas on the northeast so that might be why I run into more hackers. Can't be sure that's the case though

Edited by Tyrianrage

I say leave it at 40 people because armies of 40-50 people will be running around the map eventually otherwise.

If there are swarms of 100+ zombies at airfields and such, taking a group of 40 or so players armed with knives and pistols to NWAF could be awesome. What's the worst that could come from large groups of players roaming around?