Beto666

Zombie Hordes Maybe?

PVE should be a little more intense imo. Not so much in more random zombies, but maybe events such as a horde rush or some other short term event (random or based on concentration of players) which would keep players on their toes and complicate the banditry going on. 

• Like 5

I find that a good idea, but not as long as the zombies are still full of errors.
otherwise this would be something almost impossible to survive

• Like 1

I can just imagine a horde of invisible zombies that can walk through buildings and hit you from 10m away....but zombie hordes would be awesome!!!!

Not sure if the game/server could handle a horde or two (maybe 50-100 Z's or more!!) but it needs doing!!

I still think there should be more Z's in towns and maybe some wanderers in the widerness around towns so that snipers would get nervous!!

• Like 2

I like this idea.  Almost like the walking dead herd. A helicopter crash site spawns and the zombies herd to it from a far distance across the map.  Nice idea!!

There was a point in time when the old mod had large numbers and hordes if you created enough noise, if I remember correctly servers were seeing up to 1000 spawned across the map at times, it was quite game changing actually, killing other players was the last thing on your mind when you had 50 zombies chasing you, I hope that eventually we will see these kind of numbers again as it really does change the way you play and it's pretty awesome too.

• Like 1

There was a point in time when the old mod had large numbers and hordes if you created enough noise, if I remember correctly servers were seeing up to 1000 spawned across the map at times, it was quite game changing actually, killing other players was the last thing on your mind when you had 50 zombies chasing you, I hope that eventually we will see these kind of numbers again as it really does change the way you play and it's pretty awesome too.

We currently can do about 3000 Zombies for the Mod on a single server.

But, people, please do search before posting - it has been suggested numerous times and as soon as the performance for the servers is stable it will eventually hit DayZ..

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

We currently can do about 3000 Zombies for the Mod on a single server.

But, people, please do search before posting - it has been suggested numerous times and as soon as the performance for the servers is stable it will eventually hit DayZ..

Maybe you can but I'm not seeing it, not even close to what the mod had, if it can be done then fine .. I don't see the issue with searching for old posts it's the active ones that count, just IMO and comments on old topics get hidden and locked? Whatever just my recent post *experience*

Edit: I like how you say- eventually hit Dayz. Cool!

Edited by Mutagen_7B4
  • Like 1

You mean this hasn't been implemented? 2-3 times in the past 3 days, I've had hordes come after me. And after killing 5-6, 1-2 come out of nowhere..(I typed into direct, "Fuk off admin", just incase somebody was screwing with me lol). I run away and still the odd 1-2 chase me. I know it's not a "horde" ..  but until melee has found its balance, i'm grateful it wasn't 10 at once. 

It's odd, cities and large town can be barren but those small towns in the centre of the map can be riddled with zombies,

You mean this hasn't been implemented? 2-3 times in the past 3 days, I've had hordes come after me. And after killing 5-6, 1-2 come out of nowhere..(I typed into direct, "Fuk off admin", just incase somebody was screwing with me lol). I run away and still the odd 1-2 chase me. I know it's not a "horde" ..  but until melee has found its balance, i'm grateful it wasn't 10 at once. 

It's odd, cities and large town can be barren but those small towns in the centre of the map can be riddled with zombies,

I installed dayz 2 days ago after 4 months of waiting I couldn't wait any longer. This is the first thing I noticed aswell.. As soon as I shot my shotgun zombies kept turning up in groups of 2-3 every minute or so. It was really nice and some  adrenaline was pumping... I too was in some small town in the middle of the map also...

Long story short.. It was a nice welcome back to the game to cop some action like that !!

I think hordes should be concentrated in cities like Cherno and Elecktro. With smaller groups in towns and lone stragglers wandering the woods to keep you on your toes. I think it would be cool if zombies where slow, rather than sprinting they could shuffle and if they spot you, they would move quicker (about jogging pace). The hordes would mean zombies are a HUGE threat and without being sneaky when scavenging or grouping with others they could overwhelm you! This would force players together and significantly lower KoS and increasing people helping eachother or holding people up as gunshots would attract zombies! Sorry I was just going on a bit of a ramble as I really want hordes of slow zombies (as long as the current zombies are fixed) :D

Edited by WayTooFrosty
  • Like 1

Thanks for the input, guys! Noob mistake for not searching for old threads. Thanks for not KoS'ing! lol 

Can't wait for future changes!

Oh yes.

But not in cities.
Would be more cool if you see a horde of 30 zombies roaming in Old Plains or somewhere excluded where it is normally really boring to travel through.

• Like 1

Oh yes.

But not in cities.

Would be more cool if you see a horde of 30 zombies roaming in Old Plains or somewhere excluded where it is normally really boring to travel throuII like that

I like that. For people who will be farming, setting up camps, living off the land outside of cities etc, it would be interesting to fight off a wondering zed horde. 

So, I have tried to start my own Z Horde by shooting a gun in the middle of a large town and just running around with the Z's chasing me. Got myself a small horde of about 10-12 Z's but had to keep backtracking to pick up the stragglers. If I had some help herding them I think we could get maybe close to 50 Z's following...then head off in the widerness or to another town (Berezino...) and unleash the horde!!!

Anyone interested in helping PM me or friend me on Steam - Mad Scientist.

So, I have tried to start my own Z Horde by shooting a gun in the middle of a large town and just running around with the Z's chasing me. Got myself a small horde of about 10-12 Z's but had to keep backtracking to pick up the stragglers. If I had some help herding them I think we could get maybe close to 50 Z's following...then head off in the widerness or to another town (Berezino...) and unleash the horde!!!

Anyone interested in helping PM me or friend me on Steam - Mad Scientist.

haha thats a great idea !

• Like 1

I like this idea.  Almost like the walking dead herd. A helicopter crash site spawns and the zombies herd to it from a far distance across the map.  Nice idea!!

That would actually be nice. Then you can finally know which direction to look for the crash site. 

i think the zombies should be programmed to have a rotation. so they have alot of paths that just roam around the countryside.  the horde type zombies should be slower because they are in a horde situation. call it like a hive mind state of mentality. this way when your faced with say 500 zombies in a horde you have to plan a way around them. also i really like the idea of if they hear a car they just follow in that direction until something else distracts them.

I like this Idea but I think a horde can spawn anywhere from the coast to a high populated city and the more players on the server should make more Z's in the Horde

Edited by Merkeus