Sign in to follow this  
GunnyITA

Reporting status loot on military base

This is a Copy/Paste of a my reply taken from Stable discussion about the latest patch 0.48.

Need opinions:

The idea of global loot spawn is interesting. But still need to be reworked:

First of all: Been on 5 crash sites, no helicopter

Then, visited many civilian towns and miltary base: No sporter rounds

Visited 3 times balota and 2 times NW airfield, test has be done on 3 different servers from 3 to 8 players:

Day 1, NW airfield:

12 AKM Mags

4 AK 101 Mags

5 AKM 75 round mag

(3 akm rounds were empty)

1 CR 75 Mag

few sks/akm rouds

few 5.56 rounds

no weapons

A dropped SKS

Day 2: NW Airfield

9 AKM mags

4 AK 101 mags

4 AKM 75 rounds mag

1 Amphibia Mag

1 Magnum Speedloader

few 5.56 rounds

(1 akm round were empty)

few sks/akm rouds

No weapons

A dropped blaze

Day 3 Balota

7 AKM mags

3 AK 101 mags

2 AKM 75 rounds mag

1 CR 75 Mag

1 box round magnum

1 box shotgun rounds

1 sks/akm round box

few sks/akm rouds

few shotgun rounds

1 box 45 rounds

Found a CR 75

Day 4 Balota

10 AKM mags

4 AK 101 mags

4 AKM 75 rounds mag

2 Box magnum rounds

1 box shotgun rounds

few shotgun rounds

2 sks/akm round box

few sks/akm rouds

1 box .380 rounds

1 box 5.56 rounds

few 5.56 rounds

1 SKS Dropped by someone

Found 2 Makarov

Found a CR 75

Day 5 Balota

Didn't written anything. But it is quite the same loot.

For each day wasting 20 mins inside a base on quite empty servers to write something on a paper is dangerous and frustrating.

Where are the FNX?

Fnx mags?

Sporter mags? Neither on civilian loots, i've found only 2 on 2 different days on police stations.

I didn't reported clothes and food! Just weapons and mags

Because if i want to mention something interesting, then i found 6 smersh backpacks on Balota on DAY 4

Good joob Dean. Is it your plan to make people run with the magazines ready in the backpack awaiting for looting an AK?

If people before were not sure to pick up an AK because of not having a magazine, now on the contrary they keep the magazine in the waiting of loot an AK.

This is not balance, this is crappy and will make even more player military equipped.

Edited by GunnyITA
  • Like 1

I will say, it's an alpha... I can understand your frustration but they will need to re-balance stuff and fix loot spawn and mechanics. 

It is also not meant to be balance at this point, like Papanowel said it is an alpha and now it is not excuse at this moment, they are intensively spawning military loot to test and balance all the military item spawns.

Remember when installing the game you agreed to test? Well welcome to the testing part :)

• Like 4

We should not forget that loot tables will be completely overhauled as soon as the economy server system is in place....

BUT I am a bit worried too that DayZ will be probably too much sandbox regarding loot and lore. I am wondering if there is any team member writing some background lore for the game, which is very important not only but also for loot tables.What does the CDF look like what kind of equippment ( weapons) do they use, which western forces were present at the beginning of the outbreak ( Nato,UN)  Same goes for the police, national guard , special forces, fire brigades, medics etc etc. Not to forget to mention NAPA and ChDKZ .This would allow to clearly seperate civil and military weapons and gear into gear for CDF ( CR75 maybe, Ak's grenades and that stuff), Nato/UN gear ( M4 etc) , civil weapons ( sporter, hunting rifles and all kind of handguns including the Colt Python, 1911, Makarov, Amphibia ...these are NO military weapons !!), Guerilla (NAPA,ChDKZ) gear ( Mosin, AkM, SKS....), Police ( FNX, tactical shotguns, MP5.....). Spawn points could be miltary buildings for CDF, crashed helis for Nato, evac camps for UN, Police stations and cars for police and riot gear, castles and other secret locations for guerilla weapons, and finally civil weapons and ammo should spawn in any kind of civil building ( same goes for melee weapons) !

In this case I would also like to see to see stuff like medical equipment, handcuffs, flares, walkie talkies, fireaxes etc spawn where it makes sense and not all over the place..

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

FNX and FNX mags are at Heli crashes. 

FNX and FNX mags are at Heli crashes. 

Ye i've read at that on another post. What about sporter mags? Only police stations or also civilian loots?

Yesterday i've done Polana, berezino, Dolina but no sporter mags...

..//..

no weapons

A dropped SKS

No weapons

A dropped blaze

1 SKS Dropped by someone

..//..

If players are dropping Blaze and SKS it is because they have picked up something better, I guess ?

Also, don't you think major work is happening on spawn ATM ?

Edited by pilgrim

It good that weapons are rare. But what you think those dropped weapons you finding are there for? you've just been clearing pre-looted areas!

That being said i found a 101 almost 5 minutes from spawning in the ATC north of Svelto

• Like 1

I think that both magazines and weapons should be rare....but more than all, the Magazines should be! Because if you mind to pickup a weapon and not the magazine you must consider to stay without rounds or 1 bullet chambered.

While if you do find a magazine first and easily it won't be a problem: You do actually run with your current weapon till you find an AK to replace it, and you do already have a magazine found in a base with over dozens of it.

It's logic...

Edited by GunnyITA

So I went to NWAF while hiking west, and here's what I found:

AK101/AKM mags

AKM inna prison

Smersh Backpack

Bipods everywhere

AKM rail

Rifle flashlight

Someone's pile of ruined shit

Didn't see much ammo. 

• Like 1

Loot respawn? really? As long as you need server restarts to spawn loot properly, I don't consider the current mess to be respawning loot.

Anyway, I agree that AKM mags are abundant.

• Like 1

Loot respawn? really? As long as you need server restarts to spawn loot properly, I don't consider the current mess to be respawning loot.

Anyway, I agree that AKM mags are abundant.

ye.....you can find even more AKM mags in a base than Blaze snaploaders on 5 towns together.

Hail the balancing!

47728891.jpg

Edited by GunnyITA

Ye i've read at that on another post. What about sporter mags? Only police stations or also civilian loots?

Look from scrap yards. I've found some sporter mags from those rusty pickup trucks.

Look from scrap yards. I've found some sporter mags from those rusty pickup trucks.

Like the one on Berezino direction to Orlovets?

By the way, according to the map NWAF shouldn't (almost) have neither fnx nor sporter mags.

Let's say they were in game for a log time and they weren't bugged: no flipped icon as 1911; no issues such as with shotgun speedloader; associated pistols work rather well, first stage balancing was made.

So decreasing their presence in loot tables is absolutely logical as they aren't necessary for testing anymore.

If players are dropping Blaze and SKS it is because they have picked up something better, I guess ?

Also, don't you think major work is happening on spawn ATM ?

Blaze, Shotguns, and Mosins all spawn in Barracks now. 

Never seen a sporter mag at a Heli crash.. Seen them other places though. Can't recall off the top of my head where exactly, but didn't seem out of place to me.

We killed someone that had a loaded Sporter 22 in Guglovo yesterday. I still have it. 

I think that both magazines and weapons should be rare....but more than all, the Magazines should be! Because if you mind to pickup a weapon and not the magazine you must consider to stay without rounds or 1 bullet chambered.

While if you do find a magazine first and easily it won't be a problem: You do actually run with your current weapon till you find an AK to replace it, and you do already have a magazine found in a base with over dozens of it.

It's logic...

Don't know if you played the game two months ago but back then you could find ten guns sooner than you could find one magazine. That was bullshit.

Guns should be rare, yeah but there should be a moderate chance for a gun to be found with a magazine attached. It's logical.

The problem currently with the magazines is that afaik they spawn full.

If they'd all spawn empty, you wouldn't be bitching about them since a magazine without any cartridges is next to useless.

Edited by Exorade

there is tonnes of AKM/AKA101 out there...TONES....we allways dismatle them and throw them in random bushes, same with ammo/drummags now that we are back with the m4 ( altho i see myself switching back to 101 anytime soon )

I have seen mosins with ammo right next to them and shotguns with ammo and speedloader in the same cupboard. We found several 30rnd .22 sporter mags too...all in civilian Areas...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Military loot spawns are a little high right now - found tons of AKM mags, chest holsters, hunting backpacks and weapons (not a single MP5-K though) - often in pairs (found two Longhorns in the same police station).

I blame the loot respawns that need further calibration, but its not unexpected as the system is quite new and not finished yet. With more items to come I expect further changes every patch at least until late beta here.

Edited by Evil Minion
  • Like 1

It is genuinely hard to tell which loot trends are real, and which are just a consequence of confirmation bias in a large and random world. I do think though that there was a helluva lot of military loot immediately after the 0.48 patch last week (testing?) which has dwindled dramatically.

there is tonnes of AKM/AKA101 out there...TONES....we allways dismatle them and throw them in random bushes, same with ammo/drummags now that we are back with the m4 ( altho i see myself switching back to 101 anytime soon )

Odd because my experiences raiding various military outpost have been radically different.  I am having a hell of a time keeping up with 5.56 ammo for my M4 and I have actually found more ammo for it from copter crashes than any place else.  I find a f'ing ton of empty mags (often ruined...), so maybe they are clogging up the loot respawn on me.