irl-calibre

persistent servers not being persistent

the offical persistent server my tent is stashed on has vanished, happened anyone else? servers in sequence are there if I change the port in remote connect but my home server has vanished, do they return or is it a bug? anyone else notice this?

the offical persistent server my tent is stashed on has vanished, happened anyone else? servers in sequence are there if I change the port in remote connect but my home server has vanished, do they return or is it a bug? anyone else notice this?

Not sure about that but iv been to a few towns in various servers and have found no loot at all.

Servers are taking forever to restart now.  The first server I chose never did come back up, and is dead, though still shows in the list.

Some servers cannot support the persistence and will eventually crash or become locked so you have to start again however there are some servers that do restart but it can take up to 2hrs to get running again - GOOD LUCK

Edited by JohnDMarshall

I have currently put a few tents down on a persistent server (aka, a official dayz server). I have come to realize that the server is online all the time lately, but no one can join it. It sometimes says 1/40 players on it, but I cannot join it still. My friend has a tent on the same server and also can't join the server. I also have another friend who has a tent on 2 separate servers and he says he cannot currently connect to them. I have heard rumors about a glitch where whatever is put in the tent duplicates itself and gets put outside the tent. I was wondering if that was what was making the servers crash and making them unable to join? It seems as if this theory is true to me, but how about you guys? Are you guys having any problems with this? And if the server does come online anytime soon do you think I will have all my stuff in my tent?

Edited by xtreysawesomex

It is a problem. It is known. I am sorry to say but it does seem that your gear is lost. But it will be fixed. Sorry :(

• Like 1

It is a problem. It is known. I am sorry to say but it does seem that your gear is lost. But it will be fixed. Sorry :(

Dang dude, but thanks for the info. Does this mean everything will be gone? Is the gear gone inside my tents, or is it the tent and the gear?

Dang dude, but thanks for the info. Does this mean everything will be gone? Is the gear gone inside my tents, or is it the tent and the gear?

tent and gear. But some do eventually work. Just check on it every now and then. But good luck. I hope you didnt lose a whole lot. but refrain from going and putting stuff down until the new update comes by the end of the month. You should be ok.

• Like 2

tent and gear. But some do eventually work. Just check on it every now and then. But good luck. I hope you didnt lose a whole lot. but refrain from going and putting stuff down until the new update comes by the end of the month. You should be ok.

I really appreciate the info, dude. And more question? How long does this usually last before the server is back up?

I really appreciate the info, dude. And more question? How long does this usually last before the server is back up?

Most say problems like yours could take aslong as 2 hours. But that is really only if it goes down. 2 hours is as long as it has taken to come back up. But to enter I am not sure. Like I said. Check on it every now and then. Should be ok.

• Like 1

i am having the same issue. The stuff in my tent duplicated and while that was fun while it lasted, the server went down a couple of times. Now its down for a longer period of time. 

Edited by Sniper-Wolf

yeah defo something funny going on, got into the server but as soon as I got to my tent and looked at the inventory it pretty much crashed, my spare mosin had duped and stuff that had vanished out of the tent (that I suspected being robbed was back), teething problems I reckon, the server is back in the list but just stuck on "waiting for host"

DayZ_2014_08_18_01_16_41_927_zps9967cea5

Servers are taking forever to restart now.  The first server I chose never did come back up, and is dead, though still shows in the list.

I noticed something odd as well with the servers.  I have basically all the FL servers on my "favs" list (friend and I are both in FL) and after a reset Sunday morning only half of them actually came back up.  The reset would show up in the list but were forever stuck at 14:00 and you could spend all day at the "waiting for host" screen and it wouldn't matter.   Matter of fact almost all servers seemed to have an excessive "waiting for host" delay, even when I hadn't played in a couple of hours.

Honestly they need to do some better policing of the servers on the list.  If they are not getting valid responses back from there, they need to be locked on the server selection page until they are fixed.

..//..

Honestly they need to do some better policing of the servers on the list.  If they are not getting valid responses back from there, they need to be locked on the server selection page until they are fixed.

Point is, the server selection page is getting valid responses .. it's just players that can't join the server

... this is why the devs only put a subset of servers to persistence, they forsaw there could be rough edges making the transition in the real (server) world, so everyone is given the choice to play standard or play persistent and take the initial risks.

I have currently put a few tents down on a persistent server (aka, a official dayz server). I have come to realize that the server is online all the time lately, but no one can join it. It sometimes says 1/40 players on it, but I cannot join it still. My friend has a tent on the same server and also can't join the server. I also have another friend who has a tent on 2 separate servers and he says he cannot currently connect to them. I have heard rumors about a glitch where whatever is put in the tent duplicates itself and gets put outside the tent. I was wondering if that was what was making the servers crash and making them unable to join? It seems as if this theory is true to me, but how about you guys? Are you guys having any problems with this? And if the server does come online anytime soon do you think I will have all my stuff in my tent?

This pretty much matches my experience.

My server list comes up with about 5 or 6 first-person persistent servers, and most of them don't actually work (server time is permanently 14:00 and you can't join). There's a couple of Russian ones that work, but the pings are massive.

There are lots of 3rd person persistent servers, though. I logged into one yesterday and stashed some spare magazines and food I'd found in a couple of backpacks, then semi-hid them, along with a crossbow, and logged off. Today, all of items were present and correct, including some ammo which I thought had vanished when I emptied it from a magazine. However, in the nearby spawn locations there were multiple exact duplicates of the mags and food items I'd stored. Nothing else had spawned.

They should be working soon, devs are investigating it. Appears they are stopping during restarts so never come back online.

• Like 1

I tested the persistence and I think I am done with it for now..since it didn't work at all

nothing was persistent and the loot is so sparce

the loot is so sparce

I actually think this aspect of it has improved the gameplay.

• Like 2

Thank you to those who risked their tents on the persistent servers. You are truly testing the game! I'll test the game in other ways but I'm not risking my tent just yet ;)

• Like 1

Well it made me a bit more blood thirsty than normal.   I was running really low on 5.56 rounds and I couldn't find any no matter what military outpost I went to (they were either completely empty or badly damaged boots and berets) but I came across another survivor with a 101.  Needless to say I was thankfully to add the mag and a half he had to my wares.  I probably wouldn't have killed him before for ammo but I didn't give it a second thought this time around.  I kind of felt bad when less than an hour later I found 2 heli crash sites with ammo...

Well it made me a bit more blood thirsty than normal.   I was running really low on 5.56 rounds and I couldn't find any no matter what military outpost I went to (they were either completely empty or badly damaged boots and berets) but I came across another survivor with a 101.  Needless to say I was thankfully to add the mag and a half he had to my wares.  I probably wouldn't have killed him before for ammo but I didn't give it a second thought this time around.  I kind of felt bad when less than an hour later I found 2 heli crash sites with ammo...

If you didn't already have abundant ammo, you wouldn't have found the heli crashes. DayZ's Law.

But I like the fact that you actually need to check apple trees and berry bushes when you area new spawn now. And when you do find something good, you get more of a rush of excitement. It's better like this than Supermarket SweepZ like it was before.

Edited by Pillock

I would not call it improved personally especially since the stuff you want to be persistent is not saving for any length of time

It could definitely be improved more. but hey its still alpha B) so cant complain

Point is, the server selection page is getting valid responses .. it's just players that can't join the server

Well all the FL servers are basically broken again, stuck at 14:00 and unable to join.  If they are getting a valid response back then they need to completely redesign that system because it shouldn't be testing to see if they are up but up and ready for game play.

Edited by Briljin