Sign in to follow this  
lubnius

Dayz Mod nostalgia

Hello!

I am not a big fan of changes made to the mod post 1.7.4.4,  since GameSpy death took the option to join server running old versions away, I was wondering if there is another way to relive the mod again. So I guess my question is there a way around it, if not, can it be done in single player environment and setting it at 1.7.2.6 to 17.4.4 versions?

I agree, the mod is not what it used to be and its not just sentiment, there was a single player mission, sorry I don't have a link but I do have it myself, if you can find that then you also need the original 1.6 something mod and the 1.7.0 dayz code to play it, look on mod db site. 

Oh thanks for posting here, I though I am alone feeling or rather missing the vibe. I hope its not too late since arma2/dayzmod was merged with steam.

Found mod v 1.6.0.1 from db, the hard part though is to find the files for SP. I need your help. Please let me know if you're willing to help providing those files.

UPDATE: I found all the files needed(supposedly) to make it work but it still wont, here's what I did:

1) Downloaded dayz code 1.7.0

2) Downloaded dayzsp

3) Downloaded DayZ 1.6.0.1

4) Made a fresh install of ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead.

5) Extracted and put @DayZ(1.6.0.1) into OA folder.

6) Extracted DayZ_SP.Chernarus.pbo into OA/Mission folder.

7)? Also Those files that came with dayz code 1.7.0 I've put to @DayZ.

End result is after 10-20 minutes of waiting on "Initializing" screen I spawn in the debug lands.

Edited by zyad

Daizy, a singleplayer version of DayZ, can run any version from what I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYxsR1E6Ahc

I miss old DayZ myself...

I've tried that Daizy crap, no thank you.

To give you a better explanation I am looking to make this work

Edited by zyad

Oh thanks for posting here, I though I am alone feeling or rather missing the vibe. I hope its not too late since arma2/dayzmod was merged with steam.

Found mod v 1.6.0.1 from db, the hard part though is to find the files for SP. I need your help. Please let me know if you're willing to help providing those files.

UPDATE: I found all the files needed(supposedly) to make it work but it still wont, here's what I did:

1) Downloaded dayz code 1.7.0

2) Downloaded dayzsp

3) Downloaded DayZ 1.6.0.1

4) Made a fresh install of ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead.

5) Extracted and put @DayZ(1.6.0.1) into OA folder.

6) Extracted DayZ_SP.Chernarus.pbo into OA/Mission folder.

7)? Also Those files that came with dayz code 1.7.0 I've put to @DayZ.

End result is after 10-20 minutes of waiting on "Initializing" screen I spawn in the debug lands.

I'm not sure why it's not working but I have played it myself and I'm afraid to say that it seems broken, you cannot stop yourself bleeding, I don't remember this happening before but I abandoned it.

But there may be hope yet, I am looking into the possibility of running an old version on our server.

Me too, I'll be sure to post any findings here regarding dayz mod either in MP or SP form. Hopefully this thread will attract someone capable of codding or modding.