boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

Impossible, he would have dropped something on the ground.

Yeah, and what is even more impossible that there were two or three of them, right?

• Like 1

Disconnecting every 15-20 minutes. The server that this happens on is all and it is consistent since patch. 

Game is generally unplayable due to this as it sends me into water, or it is death when it happens in a fire fight.

+1, same here and i know some players who suffer the same issue. Tested vilayer, fragnet .eu servers, all the same. I lose connection every 10-30 minutes

+1, same here and i know some players who suffer the same issue. Tested vilayer, fragnet .eu servers, all the same. I lose connection every 10-30 minutes

+1 Had a lot of problems with it. Just running around and  - No connection for 10, 11, 12, ... .

I always have to restart the game because it crashed when i try to log out.

One reason maybe: Ram always had a peak when i "kicked myself". Can that be a problem? I would just expect fps-drops, but not a full disconnect :/ (i never have fps-problems, ok - sometimes it freezes. but not more) 

The current state of zombies is a little disheartening to say the least.

Everything seems to run ok for me right now and I would definitely be playing more if zombies were spawning in properly and not horribly desynced, on top of having completely broken hit detection all around.

All these updates are exciting, thanks for all the hard work as always, devs!

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

+1 Had a lot of problems with it. Just running around and  - No connection for 10, 11, 12, ... .

I always have to restart the game because it crashed when i try to log out.

One reason maybe: Ram always had a peak when i "kicked myself". Can that be a problem? I would just expect fps-drops, but not a full disconnect :/ (i never have fps-problems, ok - sometimes it freezes. but not more) 

I have had the same when I exit to the server screen. DayZ locks up more than it doesn't now so I have to kill it completely than restart it. 

Nades work.

Or rather, in different words: From what I assume the problem does not lie with the grenades or flashbangs themselves, no.

The mechanism is (still / yet) at fault. Consider: On average there is about a 50% (or maybe 30-40, but you get it) chance of items being lost when thrown. Grenades are no exception as thrown items, so if no nade goes off then it simply disappeared.

E: Or someone actually forgot to pull the pin. Or both.

Edited by Combine

I have a friend on Steam that posted a picture of when he got flashbanged. Screen was completely white. Couldn't see a thing. 

He was blinded by the light.

Revved up...

...like a deuce...another...

...runner in the night.

• Like 1

::Feedback for 0.48 and beyond::

1. FLASHBANG didn't do shit.. and yes I pulled the pin. Anyone got them working?

they work, they just dont have an animation. and its kinda RNG if someone gets flashed.

i threw 5 flashbangs and never got flashed by one, but some of my friends had their screen completly white

Yeah, and what is even more impossible that there were two or three of them, right?

Ridiculous, someone would have taken the AK101 and all the good pristine stuff in my bag including the M4 sight and probably the bag itself.

Edited by Karakoz

I keep forgetting to mention an audio bug Ifeel is new to .48 stable.

On some surfaces, when I'm crouch running, it sounds like I am the human centipede. Maybe I'm hearing the walking crouch sound played over the running crouch sound when I sprint?

I haven't seen anyone else post about it yet and wondered if I was the only on who noticed this.

• Like 1

On some surfaces, when I'm crouch running, it sounds like I am the human centipede. Maybe I'm hearing the walking crouch sound played over the running crouch sound when I sprint?

I haven't seen anyone else post about it yet and wondered if I was the only on who noticed this.

Nothing quite like looting a military base when you can't be sure if the footsteps you heard are real...or just a sound glitch. 

+1

Edited by amikron

I think there must be some unusual glitch/bug plaguing these official servers today.

I am also experiencing DC's 15-30 mins into playing today.

Edit: I tried a server that seemed "unofficial" but vanilla and had same DC.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

I've noticed that when I drink from a canteen, once I finish it off, I immediately go prone without pressing any buttons or anything. Anyone else experienced that?

• Like 2

I've noticed that when I drink from a canteen, once I finish it off, I immediately go prone without pressing any buttons or anything. Anyone else experienced that?

Well maybe you should fill your canteen with water, not vodka...

Seriously though, that happens, also happened in exp before the push I think.

Edited by bautschi

between reddit and other forum post it's my understanding that the SMERSH vest (not backpack) are not spawning at all currently, at least no one is posting they've found one, can devs or someone confirm  that SMERSH vest are not spawning in the current stable build?

well hicks seems sure they do spawn...or he's just trolling i don't know

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a43c4qcdb

Character goes prone after using drink all action on canteen

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/207620-changelog-stable-048124737/#entry2080669

known issue mentioned in the changelog

Anybody else having trouble finding tents? I have been searching farms, castles, and hunters huts in addition to searching for camps. Not found a single one. In fact, I have not found any loot at castles, wondering if loot isn't working for them? 

Am I just looking in the wrong places or unlucky? Or are my suspicions right that tents aren't spawning correctly..

Been searching for tents too. I found 2 last friday, lost them to server wipe & havnt found 1 since.

I don't know if this has anything particularly to do with this particular update, but I did find my very first Longhorn inside of a little altar building outside of Svetlojarsk in a graveyard. Did any updates alter the spawns of that weapon? Because I have played the hell out of this game and haven't found one until today. 

I had even forgot the gun existed at all!

Not a big fan of Zombies still hitting you when you kill them (Even without them starting an animation)

Not a big fan of Zombies still appearing to run in a straight like after you've shot them, got hit alot of times over this

Not a big fan of Zombies immediately knowing where you are once you've killed them, even if you use a Sporter (A presumed silent weapon, and yes i have round a 30 rnd mag for it they do exist)

Not a massive fan of the immediate respawn neither, in general the zombies are f'king ridiculous in their current state.

• Like 1

Is the server locking up bug still a problem? Eugene said it had been fixed, but I see a similar issue unfolding again today, most of the official persistence servers seem like they're hanging again.

I think there must be some unusual glitch/bug plaguing these official servers today.

I am also experiencing DC's 15-30 mins into playing today.

Edit: I tried a server that seemed "unofficial" but vanilla and had same DC.

It may have been related to battleeye as I was just able to play for an extended period of time after a battleeye update with no DC.

Also found a longhorn and I'm not sure I even want to keep it.

I have plenty of ammo for the other 3 guns I'm carrying....

It seems really neat though.

My char keeps throwing his gun on the floor after i shoot one bullet..is this a glitch or just me? lost two Ak's in grass now scared to play

Someone mentioned longhorn- i've only ever seen one on hardcore, in elektro school.

Edited by AgentNe0

I haven't played for about 2 month.Yesterday i've played and i found that all my soda cans is unlimited (2 cola and 1 spite). I can drink it and than it stays in my inventory and i can drink more and more