boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

2.  Zoom toggle doesn't work anymore.  double tap the + key, when i let go, it goes back to unzoomed.  Reassigned the key binding to * on the keypad, and deleted the double tap binding. Still doesn't work.

I've experienced this and figured why it was happening. Some may recall it was the same in mod.

You're unable to 2x + to lock in eagle vision when carrying a LRS'd weapon. Works fine with an M4

Items are still not persistend Mallette, at least tents. 

Btw, doest weapon cleaner work? I haven't used it in a months

Yes they are , you just need to be on "persistance enabeld" server. My tents survived multiple restart.

• Like 1

I thought persistence is on on "official" servers? You set them up three days ago and then left for 20 minutes and they were gone, so some kind of persistance seems to work. Maybe there is some problem with the lifetime of tents? Were they set up at the same time or was one set up maybe a day later?

Possible, but it would be stupid to have tents with only 3 days lifetime.

Something is very wrong with loot and character resets in this patch. Last night I've lost my character twice (didn't have much on me anyway, was a newspawn) - once was after joining the same server after it restarted, once was joining a different server for reasons I don't recall. Both were servers without persistence enabled.

Today I've logged on another (non-persistence) server with my friend, our characters were gone yet again. We tried to find some loot, but everywhere we would look, there was nothing. And I don't mean nothing useful, I mean nothing. As in, not even a book or a gas stove. So we decided that maybe something was wrong with the server, we disconnected and tried another.

Suddenly, there were our characters from last night again, exactly where we left them.

I'm not sure what exactly is happening here but it seems utterly random and not intended.

• Like 1

I put my 2 tents on a persistent server, but the server has been down for 2 days. Sometimes it comes back online, but you can't join it.

I put my 2 tents on a persistent server, but the server has been down for 2 days. Sometimes it comes back online, but you can't join it.

This is the kind of thing I worry about. I haven't found a tent yet anyway, but I'm paranoid that the server I do ultimately choose will have issues. Perfect example: I keep a short list of Favorites, and recently one of them became password-protected despite having an official-sounding name.

Well, they are not allowed to do that. You should report the server. Many admin abusers do that to loot stuff on their own server, and DayZ staff does nothing. We need to counter-attack.

Well, they are not allowed to do that. You should report the server. Many admin abusers do that to loot stuff on their own server, and DayZ staff does nothing. We need to counter-attack.

It doesn't upset me that much, to be honest -- it's not like I lost anything. I'll definitely report it for the sake of supporting fair play, though :)

I found several 75 AKM mags (5 or 6) some of them empty but some of them loaded. All were placed in the same location in the same military tent in Balota.

Yes they are , you just need to be on "persistance enabeld" server. My tents survived multiple restart.

How can i see which server is persistent?

How can i see which server is persistent?

They say "Persistence:ON"

I have trouble with several of my group thinking about taking a break. Char resets, zed hoppers sliding around on the ground when they change direction, zed gear damage over the top, zeds closed in in houses all of a sudden escaping through the walls after some time, zeds instakills from the floor below, the lag with zeds (hitting you, after they are dead) and ppl teleporting around (my guess is desync). Soon I'm all alone :(

A lot of my points include zeds. I don't mind dangerous zeds, but currently they are just no fun.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

What is persistence and how do I equip it?

I want to have my persistence at maximum so I run fast enough to escape the bandits!

Someone said you can purchase extra persistence in-game at the trader in Stary Sobor but I have been swimming for ages now and I still haven't got to Stary Island...oh well can't be too much further.

Anyone know the time it takes to cook a deer steak ? Me and a friend have just made a fire inside a house after slaughtering a few deer an avoiding death at the northwest airfield , but we've now been cooking some steaks over an open fire for 10 minutes mow and their still raw , does it take 15 - 20 mins or is this a glitch ?

They say "Persistence:ON"

Thank you! ;)

One suggestion about craftable arrows.

They need to add surgical scalpel to  the loot so you can saw the top off and put it on the stick to make a weight for a arrow. Making an arrow with sharpened top does not work that well because it does not have balance, i have tried that when i was a kid. :)

Edited by Otis.Driftwood

I would pay good money for a SINGLE hardcore/1st person persistent server. There are absolutely none.

3rd person..bleh. Looking over walls without physically doing so is a joke. Reminds me of the no-clip cheats of the past. I guess they will be implemented Soon™.

Edited by bonesnap
  • Like 1

What is persistence and how do I equip it?

I want to have my persistence at maximum so I run fast enough to escape the bandits!

Someone said you can purchase extra persistence in-game at the trader in Stary Sobor but I have been swimming for ages now and I still haven't got to Stary Island...oh well can't be too much further.

trader? say whaaaaat?

So is the bug where you can't attack less or more common now? Because I feel no need to play it if it's just the same.

Less common. That bug has happened to me once only and that was over a month ago.

I'm really looking forward to zombies spawning in from a distance again.

Fixing the broken hit detection issues will be incredibly welcome too.

I miss sitting on a hill and playing zombie target practice.

Thanks mate for this... Truly one of the best remake zombie movie.. have just watched it again and it still entertaining to watch before Season 5 of the Waliking Dead resumes this October... 8-)   

• Like 1

The ONLY update I'm really counting on is collision between zombies and walls. After that IDGAF what else is implemented. I'll be happy when zombies can no longer walk through walls.

Something is very wrong with loot and character resets in this patch. Last night I've lost my character twice (didn't have much on me anyway, was a newspawn) - once was after joining the same server after it restarted, once was joining a different server for reasons I don't recall. Both were servers without persistence enabled.

Today I've logged on another (non-persistence) server with my friend, our characters were gone yet again. We tried to find some loot, but everywhere we would look, there was nothing. And I don't mean nothing useful, I mean nothing. As in, not even a book or a gas stove. So we decided that maybe something was wrong with the server, we disconnected and tried another.

Suddenly, there were our characters from last night again, exactly where we left them.

I'm not sure what exactly is happening here but it seems utterly random and not intended.

Same my character was reset twice upon server restarts.

Cant craft leather sack using rope on deer pelt. Something i do wrong ?

Dont know if u got answer already, didnt have time to read the whole thread.

But you only need knife and deer pelt to make the leather sack. so its much easier to make than the improvised one.

Im loving 0.48. Loots seems lower, but still more than survivable.Good times hunting crashsites :) foudn 6 so far over the course of the weekend (2 x 4 hr sints)

Finally got my hands on a M4 from a crash site, magpul butstock, RIS handhard, 2x 40rd mags and that tiny iron sight. Got a M68 CompM2 too, but it doesn;t seem to work as when equiped i just look through the gun and cant see shit.

Also have 2 tents, a flash bang, and did the burlap/grass thing to my mosin.