boneboys

Stable - 0.48 Discussion

So, invisible zombies now?  At first I thought it was just the sounds as before but then they started hitting me and I could only run. Then I ran into a newly spawned player and warned him about the inviible zombies. he must've thought i was mad . Then they ate his brains. Now I*m on a rooftop.

It's not stupid...

If they can ruin one piece of cloth in one shape they can ruin another piece of cloth in a another shape.

I was wondering when they might turn that on.

Now, is there any way to patch a vest?

Only boar pelt, known issue from experimental

I crafted a deer leather sack using deer leather and a machete. No rope needed.

Edited by SwF-Sabertooth
  • Like 3

It's not stupid...

If they can ruin one piece of cloth in one shape they can ruin another piece of cloth in a another shape.

I was wondering when they might turn that on.

Now, is there any way to patch a vest?

No, this is totally stupid because zombies shouldn't be able to ruin your clothes and the stuff inside in one hit. This is one of the worst broken features of the game. The backpack was safe, so at least you could put the most important stuff inside, and now you can't. Your are not affraid of zombies because they could kill you, since they can't, but because they can ruin your stuff. They can't kill you but they can ruin a whole bag, a weapon magazine, a drum, in only one hit? I don't see the point of allowing them to destroy backpacks before this is fixed.  :emptycan:  :emptycan:  :emptycan:

• Like 1

Now those zombie bastards can ruin your backpack too... Why???? This is the most stupid thing ever. 

Now I am not sure, but if I recall correctly from one of WOBOs youtube tests then backpacks give you upper body armor, also from the front. Don't construction helmets also keep you standing when you are hit in the face? If it adds armor, it should be able to be damaged.

If I am wrong, and it only saves you when shot in the back, is it possible that a zed got you from behind? Probably hard to say with the general zed area damage... :(

EDIT: With your new post I can agree that it is not good for gameplay, as long as zed fights are often luck based or as long as you can stop actions but the animations continue and you cannot move. Or the zed area effect, or how they hit through walls,... . At least some balancing should be in how items degrade, not go to ruined directly so often.

Edited by bautschi

Could you kindly stop fucking lick dayz devs and open your fucking eyes ? 

As bautschi said, all you do is rant with the hysterically long LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at the end.

When I go on to the patch discussion I don't want to see some random dude with half a brain talking about how bad the game is and how shit everything is in 4 individual fucking posts.

Get out.

• Like 2

*snip* I don't see the point of allowing them to destroy backpacks before this is fixed.  :emptycan:  :emptycan:  :emptycan:

ok then, if it's ALL ruined in just a SINGLE hit, I would say you have a valid gripe, sir.

I've not yet (thankfully) lost much of anything important to being hit by a zed.

I've just been all but annihilated by zombies in Staroye... three of them on me at the same time. Twice. Everytime it takes ages to get them down because I can't friggin' hit them! Just running around them so they can't hit me, but they don't care. They just stand still and hit me anyway. Then I stood still. Stood right in front of them. Couldn't hit a single one. Back to running in circles.

Either I'm just unlucky today or, god forbid, these obnoxious junkies are even worse than before.

Are you all for real?

This patch is amazing for me. Smooth as butter.. I mean, I guess I got lucky? Not one single issue so far. 

• Like 1

Are you all for real?

This patch is amazing for me. Smooth as butter.. I mean, I guess I got lucky? Not one single issue so far. 

Well... I don't know, could be just my luck. Been playing fine for days, now the patch is out, I die four times in a row. Twice due to zombies I couldn't hit. Can't even seem to test out the other features of the patch because I can't seem to stay alive for long enough to see them :D

I think there may still be a difference in skills between people who played the mod and those who have only played the SA.

Complaining about 3 zombies, and then 3 more?

The closer we get to the parameters of gameplay envisioned by Team Rocket, the less room there will be for the strictly PvP set.

I want more zombies.

I want to watch as my month old character is torn to shreds by no less than 8.

• Like 1

Complaining about 3 zombies, and then 3 more?

The closer we get to the parameters of gameplay envisioned by Team Rocket, the less room there will be for the strictly PvP set.

I want more zombies.

Oh don't get me wrong. I have nothing against zombies. As long as they are working as intended and are not just frustratingly buggy.

Please someone tell me there's an issue with the servers, Just tried joining the server I had put my tent on (yes it's got persistent storage on) was stuck on "wait for host" for like 5, 6 minutes, got the player list show up  with "please wait" waited like another 5 or 6 minutes before getting put back the server browser with "connection lost"

I then try my clan's server, I spawn as a freshy. I do the usual routine of logging out right away and trying another server, our clans old server, but I still spawn as a freshy, but this time, I'm in a new location. I try a few more server and each time I'm a freshy in a new location.

I didn't notice any warnings about the server not being able to connect to the central hive, can anyone confirm an issue with the servers or have I just been wiped? 

I'm staying super squirrelly when dealing with current zeds.

Just trying to always move in angles and stay parallel to the strike zones if I don't pick them off long before they reach me.

I've basically avoided melee for awhile now and I carry the Amphibia S for light quiet close quarter zombie control in buildings in my pack. It's also nice because the ammo is abundant though I do also carry the FNX in a holster for heavier work.

Well, its still a bit disappointing to me. Still have NO controller support. This is now the 3rd update without it and in fact, not even a mention of why it has been removed or when/if it is going to come back. None of the patch notes even mention that controller support is an issue.

Ummm they are? I rent a server from fragnet I don't believe that counts as a BI hosted server.....

Read more closely

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/207579-status-report-week-of-11-august-14/#entry2080324

Tents are in since last patch. But they are not persistent on non-official servers. However you can find a tent on your server and pitch it on an official server.

Edited by Karakoz

Well, its still a bit disappointing to me. Still have NO controller support. This is now the 3rd update without it and in fact, not even a mention of why it has been removed or when/if it is going to come back. None of the patch notes even mention that controller support is an issue.

This is only an issue for a few players and they can still play the game with the keyboard. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to troll, but they cannot copy all issues from the bug tracker to these little patch notes.

Looked at the bug tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=12762

Is that it? Vote for it! It has currently 13 votes, there are issues with well over a thousand votes.

It's gonna be done some day for sure, but I don't think it has high priority, soooo vote for it!

Edited by bautschi

Best Dayz patch so far.. great work.. ungrateful pos people who don't do anything with their lives acting like they deserve a perfect game instantly.. ridiculous

Edited by Ether mR
  • Like 3

Beware for invisible players again.  Especially when the server is lagging a lot.  One of those scenarios where I can see someone and 3 others can't.  

Duping still works :( and we have grenades and flashbangs now... :o

hell i hope they fix it soon...

LET THE NADESPAMMING BEGIN!

:facepalm:

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 2

Best Dayz patch so far.. great work.. ungrateful pos people who don't do anything with their lives acting like they deserve a perfect game instantly.. ridiculous

I must agree with this patch quality.  I don´t have major complains.  Love the zombie hordes.  Yes, they are bugged but what the heck......game is running smoothly.  The 0,47 was really bad...this one....just make me happy!........haven´t been able to find any tents yet......

This is only an issue for a few players and they can still play the game with the keyboard. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to troll, but they cannot copy all issues from the bug tracker to these little patch notes.

Looked at the bug tracker: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=12762

Is that it? Vote for it! It has currently 13 votes, there are issues with well over a thousand votes.

It's gonna be done some day for sure, but I don't think it has high priority, soooo vote for it!

Yes, this is exactly the issue. Thank you for responding. I still play with keyboard, I just prefer controlling the movement only of my character with the controller so its not even a huge issue for me, just disappointing :)

Anyways, keep up the fantastic work, this update is fantastic.

Stumbled across one of the new towns tonight. I really like the layout of the newer towns and cities and it's fun to explore somewhere that feels new. No zombies spawned here that I could tell, though there was some loot.

9mnKOmd.jpg

jKED1hD.jpg

JjK4EQg.jpg

Well that's fanfucking tastic, had our camp (4 tents) all full of food/Ammunition (200+ sks, 100+ M4) rounds, including a fully kitted M4 that i'd saved waiting for persistence, including a fully kitted AK101, only to find out oh.. Sorry! Persistence working on OUR servers, why deploy the hot fix and state that "Persistence" now "Works" if it's only on certain servers? Waste of my fucking time, this is why i avoided playing the game for 3 months because of half assed patches, 'Great' work ONCE again guys, i'm surprised Sony even want your game ported over to their console, i'd imagine if they played it they would laugh at the idea of it being ported.

I laughed at you wimpering. Lets play a game, we each hold our breath indefinitely and the first one to die wins. You go first