Sign in to follow this  
RiZzah

Rape in DayZ (apparently

So I was reading the Telegraph today, an article about GTA players creating a mod to allow them to virtually "rape" another online player.

Read here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11030801/Grand-Theft-Auto-video-game-male-avatars-are-virtually-raping-women.html

I got a little further down (After reading through complete drivel, written by someone who hasn't the faintest idea) and I notice DayZ gets a mention..

This is on the Telegraph too, which took me back a little.

Turns out, us putting bags over peoples heads and saying jokey things we never would in real life is getting taken seriously by a few.

Now Im worried.. How long before an actual Rapist blames a game like DayZ or GTA?

We know its all codwash, but this is what the media likes to do, they like to scaremonger.

Have a read of this blog by a precious little lady called Kim Correa (Who should stick to Hello Kitty online as far as Im concerned)

http://kiimpulsively.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/dayz/

What are your thoughts on this? I hope this topic doesn't get locked, as I believe this could get MUCH wider attention especially if this game goes to PS4...

Thoughts?

stupid posts like this end up being reported in the Telegraph

this is all bullshit

dont you know better ?

shut down your own damn thread, fool

troll

Edited by pilgrim

So I was reading the Telegraph today, an article about GTA players creating a mod to allow them to virtually "rape" another online player.

Read here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11030801/Grand-Theft-Auto-video-game-male-avatars-are-virtually-raping-women.html

I got a little further down (After reading through complete drivel, written by someone who hasn't the faintest idea) and I notice DayZ gets a mention..

This is on the Telegraph too, which took me back a little.

Turns out, us putting bags over peoples heads and saying jokey things we never would in real life is getting taken seriously by a few.

Now Im worried.. How long before an actual Rapist blames a game like DayZ or GTA?

We know its all codwash, but this is what the media likes to do, they like to scaremonger.

Have a read of this blog by a precious little lady called Kim Correa (Who should stick to Hello Kitty online as far as Im concerned)

http://kiimpulsively.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/dayz/

What are your thoughts on this? I hope this topic doesn't get locked, as I believe this could get MUCH wider attention especially if this game goes to PS4...

Thoughts?

This kinda shit has been reported for countless years. Ever since 8 bit blood was shed. They still haven't proven shit, and from what i have read, it actually helps people vent.

• Like 1

The only reason to ever read The Telegraph is to deliberately make yourself annoyed by the bullshit in the Editorial and Opinion sections.

Hello there

Dungeons and Dragons drove me to Satanism!

Same old scaremongering shite.

"Wont someone think of the children?!"

FFS.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 7

This kinda shit has been reported for countless years. Ever since 8 bit blood was shed. They still haven't proven shit, and from what i have read, it actually helps people vent.

yea

only difference is that this shit keeps looking more and more realisitc..

just imagine a rape simulator for the occulus :o

Can we just leave the feminism crap? In dayz everyone gets "raped" at times.

Has a rape simulator been released without Occulus? If yes, it had no commercial success and is therefore irrelevant like a 10year olds RPG-maker game is to the public, if no it won't happen in Occulus either.

Edited by Khanarac

I want to be a goat and go around killing humans and wrecking society no I really really do want to do that there's this game called Goat Simulator and it made me mad like this and I want to rape goats now and eat their intestines GAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

shut down your own damn thread, fool

This games coming to PS4 now, theres no hiding what some of the DayZ "community" likes to get up too.

Wait till all the 12 year olds are doing this on PSN. 

fool.jpg

The only reason to ever read The Telegraph is to deliberately make yourself annoyed by the bullshit in the Editorial and Opinion sections.

Whilst this is true, I believe it wise to be aware of what is being said about the activities I like to partake in (virtual rape not being one of them)

Hello there

Dungeons and Dragons drove me to Satanism!

Same old scaremongering shite.

"Wont someone think of the children?!"

FFS.

Rgds

LoK

D&D was brilliant! Had so many fun times with that game, sparking off the imagination as well as problem solving and acting different roles.

Notice how it's only ignorant people that spew this kind of drivel?

Games have been the scapegoat of the media for decades (used to be Rock and Roll, rap music, etc, then am sure something else before that).

Nothing new to worry about here, move along 

Edited by Boshed

my god this is a total TROLL thread,  I aint never heard so much crap

Edited by pilgrim

And for the record, nowhere have I said I agree with any of that sensationalist arguement.

This game is coming to PS4, the spotlight will draw much closer. To date, there has never been an experience like DayZ on a console.

Now lets add kids to the equation, kids which should NOT be playing DayZ but WILL be playing DayZ just as they are now.

Whether they've snook into their brothers bedroom to play, or whether their parents bought them the game, the cries will be as deafening as unloading a 75 rnd AKM clip.

I can almost taste the tears..

my god this is a total TROLL thread

Wait till this comes to console. 

You won't stop hearing about it, and this thread won't amount to any of the "trolling" which the media will churn out.

And for the record, nowhere have I said I agree with any of that sensationalist arguement.

This game is coming to PS4, the spotlight will draw much closer. To date, there has never been an experience like DayZ on a console.

Now lets add kids to the equation, kids which should NOT be playing DayZ but WILL be playing DayZ just as they are now.

Whether they've snook into their brothers bedroom to play, or whether their parents bought them the game, the cries will be as deafening as unloading a 75 rnd AKM clip.

I can almost taste the tears..

go away !

...nowhere have I said I agree with any of that sensationalist arguement.

Not specifically, but the fact you made a thread about it is exactly what the media is looking for from people, to spread their nonesense - you have become a media shill

I aint never heard so much crap

I didn't write any of it, I'm just bringing it to your attention, what is being said about the game we all love in a paper as big as "The Telegraph"

Wouldn't surprise me if more of this gets picked up on and the game eventually gets banned or completely dumbed down for consoles.

They banned Postal 2, and there wasn't even any human interaction.

For those crying Troll, don't shoot the messenger. He probably has more Dayz Mod and SA hours than the lot of you combined ;) 

Wait till this comes to console. 

You won't stop hearing about it, and this thread won't amount to any of the "trolling" which the media will churn out.

Well, here we have it. The first console player on the forums.

Seems to be going pretty well..... Annnnnnnd dayZ is being ruined

• Like 1

you have become a media shill

Where did I agree with any of it? I suggest you either re read my posts or google "reading comprehension" and begin to educate yourself.

Now if we can try and keep things on subject, rather than attacking me for posting what I just read on the Telegraph, that would be both civil and adult.

"Dungeons & Dragons is essentially a worship of violence," said Dr. Thomas Radecki of Champaign, Ill., a psychiatrist and chairman of the National Coalition on Television Violence in Washington, D.C.

"It's a very intense war game. Talk to people that have played it. It's very fascinating. It's a game of fun. But when you have fun with murder, that's dangerous. When you make a game out of war, that's harmful. The game is full of human sacrifice, eating babies, drinking blood, rape, murder of every variety, curses of insanity. It's just a very violent game."

Back on topic, gents.

• Like 1

Well, here we have it. The first console player on the forums.

Where did I say anything about *my* console playing habbits? I don't own one, I built my first PC when I was 10, Im now going on for 30.

I love how everyones getting on the defensive against ME when all I've done is link an article which is on the front page of the "Tech" section on the Telegraphs website.