Sign in to follow this  
Cannas

Warning about future Storage on Tents

This post is for those o never thinked about this.

I just want to advice you all to dont get attached to your gear inside tents when they fix persistant storage next update, dont even bother getting the best guns, ammo, inside of those, making like a festival , or a camping site. WHY?

Simple, because eventualy when they keep adding more and more patches and things, maybe the tents, or the persistance storage will get bugged or just dissapear till the hotfix of it, imagine like it happened with heli crash sites, it might happened the same this with tents like in the 50. patch we dont know, i might be wrong i hope i am. But i dont think so, well im not going to make camps for some time cause im almost sure that i will cry.

Just to prevente crying posts on the future , saying " Hey  all of our tents dissapeared with 10 AK101 with 1000 Ammo inside , it took us 1 moth to gather it for our clan"

:rolleyes:  :D

Edited by Cannas
  • Like 1

The main thing I'm looking forward to is tent hunting, how many swings with an axe until it's ruined? Or just moving someones tent, just far enough for them to notice something's wrong, maybe replace all the ammo with rotten fruit. You gotta enjoy the little things.

• Like 5

I just want to advice you all to dont get attached to your gear inside tents when they fix persistant storage next update, dont even bother getting the best guns, ammo, inside of those, making like a festival , or a camping site. WHY?

Simple, because eventualy when they keep adding more and more patches and things, maybe the tents, or the persistance storage will get bugged or just dissapear till the hotfix of it, imagine like it happened with heli crash sites, it might happened the same this with tents like in the 50. patch we dont know, i might be wrong i hope i am. But i dont think so, well im not going to make camps for some time cause im almost sure that i will cry.

Just to prevente crying posts on the future , saying " Hey  all of our tents dissapeared with 10 AK101 with 1000 Ammo inside , it took us 1 moth to gather it for our clan"

I know you are mad but you have to face certain facts; nothing is permanent.

Me mad? trust me child, after 600h of dayz getting mad at something with this game is pretty much impossible.

Me mad. trust me im a child, after 6h of dayz getting mad at something with this game is pretty much impossible.

• Like 1

Me mad. trust me im a child, after 6h of dayz getting mad at something with this game is pretty much impossible.

Not the one posting senseless and stupid responses , by only reading the title, Post count FTW

The main thing I'm looking forward to is tent hunting, how many swings with an axe until it's ruined? Or just moving someones tent, just far enough for them to notice something's wrong, maybe replace all the ammo with rotten fruit. You gotta enjoy the little things.

I used to fill peoples tents with toilet paper in the mod.

• Like 2

Simple, because eventualy when they keep adding more and more patches and things, maybe the tents, or the persistance storage will get bugged or just dissapear till the hotfix of it, imagine like it happened with heli crash sites, it might happened

Thank you for this important bit of information, I thought my character and any loot that I place in a tent would last for ever.

If they ever did a server or character wipe I swear I will quit this game for ever because that would make me so mad.

I used to fill peoples tents with toilet paper in the mod.

Old tin cans here, when I was feeling really mean, I'd set a bear trap !

• Like 3

This won't prevent any  "crying posts", how you called them. Most people in this forum should be aware that a patch can cripple a feature introduced many patches before. That is why this piece of software, sometimes called game, is still in development. But on the other hand, it is to find those bugs in development. It always depends on how you write things. "I want to warn my fellow gamers... already made a bug report about it" or "this happened again, the game ruined my life, I quit." No word about, if he already reported the bug. Bugs that are reported more often by different people, seem to be more serious and are likely to be fixed sooner if possible, while bugs that are only reported by one person, could also be from mishandling. Although it is hard sometimes, I try to avoid those posts now. And I can only give you the advice to do so too.

Uhm well I never worried about that but he is...kinda right?

Remember when rubberbanding was fixed? Then it returned, then fixed, then returned, then utterly fixed without any problem whatsoever, now it occasionally returns again. In this patch the freaking shotimpacts seem to dissapear again in higher ranges. 

So it actually might happen.

Regardless of that, my squad is now on a mission. We found a tent in a body 2 days ago, and the mission is to keep the tent in our possesion until patchday xD

It was bloody you !!! seriously someone did this to me once was a right pain in the butt ( they had taken the morphine from my tent also )

Evil pure evil took me nearly 2 hours of rolling to find help ( which came in the form of someone putting me out of my misery 8(  )

It was bloody you !!! seriously someone did this to me once was a right pain in the butt ( they had taken the morphine from my tent also )

Evil pure evil took me nearly 2 hours of rolling to find help ( which came in the form of someone putting me out of my misery 8(  )

Sorry, next time I'll leave a note in the tent and the morphine,,, somewhere nearby :murder:

• Like 1

Or don't play at all because you may loose pixels....? Its all for nothing.......

Edited by Slap_Fight

when I was feeling really mean, I'd set a bear trap !

Sorry, next time I'll leave a note in the tent and the morphine,,, somewhere nearby  :murder:

I'm dying.... xD

Edited by MadWookie

If someone finds you tent you will have the same problem...I planing to empty every tent i find just as revenge for all the times i got KoSed by the so call "clans".. maybe replace everything inside with pants. :ph34r:

pfft, I'd go find a bear. :-p

I so look forward to working tents. Im going to pitch mine in the middle of nowhere and use it as a base for all my adventures. Ill also make a decoy tent closeby, with some good loot to make people think they found the real thing.

I know you are mad but you have to face certain facts; nothing is permanent.

If they ever did a server or character wipe I swear I will quit this game for ever because that would make me so mad.

Make your bloody mind up.  You preach to the OP that nothing is permanent and then not too long after threaten to rage quit if it happens to you /rolls-eyes

Edited by Boshed

As much as I'm looking forward to the new tents I can't help but feel they'll be incredibly easy to find, they were incredibly easy to find in the mod and those tents were smaller, green and able to hide partially under trees/in objects. There were only a handful of places were the trees grew thick enough to properly hide a tent and everyone knew where those places were. I really hope they have plans for adding more storage options in the future, cos after the novelty of having tents wears off the fact that you can't hide them is really going to start to grate.

even better when you set a bear trap outside and then picked back up but it still left a invisible one :lol:

waits for 20 tents on mountain top, top of map. no one will ever find these :D . every tent is always found unless in glitch.

So everyone don't play the game because they'll wipe the hive when it goes gold!!! STOP PLAYING!! YOU'LL LOSE ALL UR GEAR!!!

Losing your gear is part of the game anyway >.>

And no matter how well you hide your tent if we go back to 80+ people servers someone will find it.  Especially with more incentives to live in the wilderness, such as leather gear and a steady source of food. People in the mod loved/love to hunt them regardless.

Tents are probably smalltime. Persistent storage is going to lead to us looting cabinets and fridges in houses. There will likely be some extension, some alternative persistent storage that would hopefully be easier to hide. Considering barricading houses is on the table it's likely some form of crate or lockers will follow. 

Remember all those tweets? "Tents aren't confirmed" "Persistent storage doesn't necessarily mean tents" (maybe not verbatim, but similar statements) that alludes that something else might have been planned or perhaps still is a work in progress.

Edited by Rudette

Here is my tent strategy

When logging off for the day on both characters pick up all the items you can possibly store and you value the most and hold them on your character.

This way only the items your least concerned with get robbed or despawned.

Now during play time for say 2-3 hours store everything in your tent aside from a gun , some ammo and medical supplies. Go out and loot knowing 90% of your gear is safe in your tent on a low pop server. If you die you lose very little and the odds someone fins your tent in that time frame is quite small.

When ur done looting and or pvping or what not return to tent pickup all the most important gear and store extra stuff in tent and log off