BoBoSlap

Is anyone in DayZ Standalone friendly?

I try to be friendly. If I am near spawn points, air base or mass kill cities I tend to be a little more aggressive. I have had peaceful encounters with quite a few people not counting my coworkers who also play.

I can be jumpy, if you scare me and I have a gun out(not very often as I prefer melee) I have been known to shoot and then apologize. I remember one time I went into a room and ran point blank into a guy we both had guns and fired missing each other then apologized to each other and offered to help but we went our separate ways.

People seriously should to stop thinking "being friendly" in DayZ means "meeting a total stranger and immediately go around adventuring together". Being "friendly" means simply you talk a little and keep a fair distance.That's all...if something more happens (trade, tips about best loot nearby, team-up offers) it's entirely a bonus - but don't take it for granted. In order to go further than a simple, polite "hello" people need to trust you. And let's be honest there...as I said in another thread, many people either knowingly or unknowingly act aggressively or suspiciously when they encounter another survivor.

Sprint towards a guy you just met yelling "friendly"? That's aggressive. Failing to keep a fair distance between you and a guy you don't know? That's aggressive. Talking with a a weapon in your hands? That's suspicious. Running around with a camo'ed mosing with compensator and long range scope, or any kind of assault rifle? You're sending a message, and no one cares if it's knowingly or unknowingly - many people will simply shoot you because they don't want to take any chances.

IMHO before crying for friendly behavior and less KoS we should learn how to proper interact with other players.

Hi, I am Paxom.

I run with primary ghillied camo'ed Mosin with compensator and long range scope, full mil gear.

I am a Hero, and used to run in Tanny suit with thermal M107  :lol:

In DayZ SA   Mosin+LRS+comp  I can bang 800+m zed before his aggro, half of the time.

Half, coz I have split half second before zed scope activation, and Mosin spread is not zero.

Most of the time you don't see me. And I don't Kosplay.

Sometimes I try to communicate, 50/50  hows goes.

If you talk, and don't shoot, and don't do anything extremely stupid, you are safe with me.

I am rolling mostly on low/mid pop, long hours, doing my thing, research, etc.

Recently I discovered how to build Sanctuary Outpost, for good people, with fended off zeds, water, food and fire, to stay warm and healthy.

So to OP: yes, I am positive.

I am somewhat new to the game, about 48 hours or so playing time, and I have had many encounters with people, more with people than zombies, and have yet to find one single person that doesn't end up killing me. (Excluding the people that have freshly spawned). I will see people and I can EASILY EASILY kill them if I wanted. I'll catch people looting a car with their back turned. Opening a door, eating food and looking the other way. I have had SO SO SO many chances to kill people, but I have yet to kill ANYONE without being damaged myself. 

Like just today I went to airstrip and saw a guy running from zombies, I saved him and he was weaponless. Well, me being nice I let him get a gun out of the building, because quite frankly I was way better equipped and the weapon was rather useless to me. I made sure to keep my gun lowered and let him have his space and what not. Well, Next thing I know he is laying on the floor in a room i go in and he shoots be breaking my leg and then runs out of ammo and I end up having to kill him. Or another time a guy with just a garden hoe attacks me and I said multiple times I will not shoot, my gun lowered and everything, I even offered to help him get started and he just charges me and i end up having to kill him too.

I mean, I rarely die from the people that try killing me, but it's the concept of me saving them or obviously having all the chance in the world to just kill em there and choose not to and it seems EVERYONE still tries to kill me -_- Am I the only one that just seems to have this bad of luck with meeting people or should I just quit being nice, because quite frankly I am about to just start killing on sight(Excluding fresh spawns and weaponless of course) because it seems anyone with anything to hit you with, even if it's a measly shovel will try to kill you -_-. 

There's plenty of friendly people in DayZ, it's just that, (and this happens to a lot of people) with your experiences so far, you have run into a little less than friendly people. 

I hope you don't turn into the kind of player that's all like "Oh, no one's friendly to me in this game, so I'm so mad that I'mma gonna contribute to that population.".

Don't worry, there's friendlies out there.

I almost all ways find people that are willing to talk and dont try to kill me.

Heck I have a hard time finding players but when I do they are nice or give me a chance to fight,its not the die from a dmr that you could never see stuff from the mod

In the last few days, I have met two people. One fully geared individual, and one starving bambi.

Both were friendly

I helped the bambi, but sadly, do to the water pump glitch, this poor bambi decided to give himself to god...

The full-gear caught me in a firestation, at the time I was searching for earbuds :D So I was AFK. He came up behind me, mumbled something in-audible. Naturally, I went full sprint, surprised he had't slain me yet, hopped into a building, chased by multiple zeds. I hear multiple gunshots, and I immediately decide that I was to die there. Luckily, I didn't the player called out to me that he was a medic, and wanted to know if i needed any help. Curious, I pulled out my 1911, and peaked over the staircase. He waved and came up, bandaged me, and gave me some saline! 

So there you go, there are some friendlies left, you just gotta know where to look!

Friendlies exist. Its just that no-one has ever seen one and anyone who says they have, is a LIAR!

I like being friendly when i can.  I will shoot someone if they are a threat, its a survival game after all.  I choose to give them a chance first, something we call being friendly.  That said, i've read a few post telling you to KOS characters with top gear.  This is poor advise if your trying to be both friendly and live.  Any player that has played Dayz in the past knows the map, we going to get the best gear quickly, get set up to live. Because that is the whole frigging point.  In saying this your telling them to shoot anyone that looks like they are doing ok?   I walk around with a gun (lrs) for good reason.  Our group enjoys living and there is alot crazies out there.  Do not KOS anyone and your a better player than most, imo only.  

Friendly i believe is giving players a chance.  I enjoy hunting down the group that was just killing bambies.  I think this game offers some very exciting PVP at times and its all about finding a good balance of the two.  For me i enjoy the whole survival part.  Huge fan of all things Zombie and simply like playing Dayz.  I am no noob and 90% time am walking around very geared.  How i look is in no way how i play, seems silly to me someone can think that way.  I see a geared guy doing ok and might be able to help.  Could i be a threat,  so sneaking to a safe place and not right up behind the fella is a better way remain safe not scare the guy into shooting you.  Would you not rather team up with the guy that is geared and looks ready for whats going or they guy on the coast with fashion but hey he looks friendly.  To me it more the matter who in this case is still going be alive tomorrow.

The only time i was killed after communicating with someone was when i was sitting in elektro church, singing "beautiful" by james blunt accompanied by guitar. He came up to me and killed me with his shotgun. Instant karma, i guess.

I started playing DayZ Standalone 2 days ago; racked up 15 hours of it already and died three times. Those three deaths were caused by players to which I had communicated to, offering help, announcing I was friendly without any kind of answer... Drives me nuts... Is anyone here located in western Europe (in France more precisely) and willing to team up with a noob[but not too much ^^] so that I/we can have a better time in the unforgiving Russian land? There's nothing worse than being a lone wolf in DayZ. 

Also, I can't seem to be able to go prone, no matter what key binding I use, I just can't go prone :/ ....is there a known solution to this?

I'd say I'm chaotic neutral, leaning ever so slightly towards the good.

• Like 1

I am very new to the game, and I have one thing to say. I only kill to protect myself. If I find someone who is friendly, unless they wont give me something I need, they will stay alive as long as I am with them. (basically bodyguarding)

Edited by HappyXceed

I'm friendly as well- though the way I'm trying to develop is that I'll know you're around and you won't know I am. If I stumble into you I'll consider it a tactical failure on my part- but I'll be friendly as long as you're demonstrating good faith. 

Im cool with people. Use your mic and talk. For me the talking part is the major part. Youll get a good judge from that.  Just have to get into more crappy situations to learn from them. IF they dont talk back or respond,  that is a red flag for me. or if they sound 12 or russian.  Personality plays a huge part in my decision making, the hard part is trying to figure that all out in 1-2 secs lol if they are going to be cool or not. You dont need to start kosing people but you can stop helping every person you see, and especially watch out at military places, those are hotspots, If you see someone and you respond and they dont or you dont say anything, then expect that shit is about to go down. Also if your looting pay attention to sounds, SO many times when im in a city, i hear someone walking near by. That has saved me a ton.

I'm not a bandit, nor am I a hero.. I am a survivor. The only times you'll see me in populated areas, I will be on the lookout for a new kitchen knife, a new axe, or something else that got broken along the way. I spend my days in the woods, always near cities with mosin+lrs+comp., picking off zombies from 600+ meters. One shot, one kill, move to new location. I kill animals and cook them. When my bag is full of food, I will go to known "bambi" areas, and leave an improvised bag on the road with food, drinks, and usually a pistol with a few rounds in them, for a bambi to pick up.

You won't see me, you won't hear me - and if by luck you heard me shooting a zombie and did find out where I was, you'll have a tough time finding me there, because I will be gone.

I'm not friendly - I'm not social - I'm alive because I choose to be.

alive for 3,5 - 4 months now

Oh, and if I see you with a mosin on top of triple yellow, looking down - I will shoot you, just because we all know why you are there

• Like 1

Me and my mate don't kill unless we have too. However you can get very paranoid in this game LOL

If you got better geared, someone always want it for free. KOS are for the weak, try not to are for the strong.

• Like 1

Oh, and if I see you with a mosin on top of triple yellow, looking down - I will shoot you, just because we all know why you are there

You know, I keep seeing this- I'm not sure what "on top of tripple yellow" means but I am looking for a mosin and will undoubtedly kit it out with a long range scope and a compensator... but my intentions are actually to use it for good- in particular keeping my distance from people and watching out for bandits beating up on the freshies. Counter sniper work... this type of stuff. It is still with the intention of being "nice" to the good side.

You know, I keep seeing this- I'm not sure what "on top of tripple yellow" means...

Tallest building in cherno, located in the center of grain silos, can be identified by the three yellow pipe 'structures' near the top. Common location for snipers to test or practice long range skills (often on fresh spawns ; ).

Edited by 0Madhouse0
  • Like 1