Sign in to follow this  
landmass45

Real fear with game

So I just wanted to share a little experience with you fellows, perhaps someone has experienced the same. Oh don't get the wrong idea i love this game, sure there are little things wrong with it but those will get fixed. So I got back in game after a week of no playing, had too much work not enough free time. So I new spawn since last time I was killed after a bit of scavenging i find a mosin and a few rounds. So I'm walking through olsha and suddenly I spot two other players, (mind you there are only 7 including me in server) one fully geared and the other new spawn, now here's what happaned. I felt fear, and i mean real fear (thats why i love this game) I hit enter and followed to ask them "hey how's it going buddies?" of course im behind a fence and they cant see me. I see them post up and since they aren't responding I decided to hike tail and run instead of getting killed for my gear. so I head to north east airstrip. Now I come from the north side of the airstrip and proceed to camp in a tree watching the control tower. That's what all my experience has thought me. so after two minutes I see the same pair run up to the tower from the east. A bit alarming but I assumed as much. but right behind them 2 more guys showed up. They seemed a little group. So I stayed watching them deciding weather or not to fire a few rounds, as im watching server resets. Oh well right. sorry for the long post but the first encounter with these guys made me feel real fear, It actually left my hand shaking. See people are hard to trust in game. They pose as friendly while they wait to put a bullet on your back. Maybe thats why my heart races and beats faster when ever i spot anyone. I believe I'm afraid of dying. Anyways anyone feel the same?

• Like 6

I useally dont Play alone, but when i do, i realize, smoking weed beforehand dosent make things better...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 10

Yeah, this game really knows how to put some adrenaline in your system!

Makes me wonder how much my hand would shake if someone REALLY shot at me.

• Like 2

I useally dont Play alone, but when i do i realize smoking weed beforehand dosent make things better...

Smoking weed before you game makes things a bit easier to cope with but can cloud your judgement. If I haven't been smoking I usually just avoid people or shoot when they try some shady stuff, if I'm smoking I am a bit friendlier and a bit more forgiving when they try something. I dunno that's just my thoughts on altered mood Dayz gameplay

• Like 1

I useally dont Play alone, but when i do i realize smoking weed beforehand dosent make things better...

Speak for yourself... ^_^

but seriously, that's the thing i like about dayz. I feel like the longer i take a break from it, the more intense if feels when i come back.

• Like 1

This is the first game I've ever played that has caused me to have such a rush of adrenaline and fear that it, too, has left me shaking. That is the ONLY reason I keep playing this game. The fear of other human players is immensely exciting and addicting. 

• Like 1

Gear up fully, and then kill yourself.. do this until that fear subsides.

Trust me, the game gets much more entertaining once that fear starts to subside a little. But some of it remaining is always a healthy thing. Essentially, deep down, this game is a respawn shooter.. I know, go ahead and crucify me but its true. With persistence and everything else, death is fairly meaningless in this game. Its really only a minor nuisance. Once you realize that, the game opens up and the fun begins. ;)

• Like 3

Don't worry.  The fear of dying eventually goes away on its own.  It's kind of a sad moment when it does because the paranoia buzz is kinda cool.  My humble suggestion is to get into as many fist fights as you can until this fear of yours goes away.  Unless you like the fear, then continue to do what you're doing!  :)

Gear up fully, and then kill yourself.. do this until that fear subsides.

The only reason to play this game is for that adrenaline kick. Training it out would be counterproductive. 

• Like 2

I'm not afraid of death in DayZ, but every encounter with another human is tense as fuck lol.

Humans are really scarry, you never know what they have in their minds

i am EVRY TIME AFRAID  when i play dayz even in the time i feeling safe i dont never stop to feel fear because I DONT KNOW WhEN IS PLAYER COMING OR THE SHOT or zombie i try relax sometimfor example today i find the nice quiet bech sun going down i was sit look the ocean listen sound of water and animal and was think 'this is vary nice wow i am feel relax' but when i was listen some sound like when you putting bullet from the box i was JUMP AND MY HEART WAS EXPLODE FROM THE SHOCK it was only random sound no player around but i ned to logout calm myself because is feel not good when the heart is going maximum fast and i can listen the sound of my heart in my ears!!!!

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™
  • Like 6

Makes everything better

wait a sec

what was that?

Did I hear someone running?

Where'd that zed go?

Shit I'm logging off this is too intense....

• Like 2

Yeah DayZ is such a unique game, and can cause so many emotions. Especially after smoking a fat blunt.

• Like 3

The only reason to play this game is for that adrenaline kick. Training it out would be counterproductive. 

My thoughts exactly. 

That thought process will keep you from not missing the point. But good luck anyhow :)

Edited by lrish

I know how you feel. When i spot a player my i can barely hold my mouse from tension.
This paranoia and adrealine rush have made me addicted to Day Z. Been doing nothing beside waking up playing Day z and go to bed. :P

Ha... The scariest thing for me is the whole calm moment, have a drink, and then a Zed is suddenly right on top of you from out of no where...
"Groan...". *Swipe.. Thud!
Makes me jump outa my skin everytime... Panic station.. mouse goes flying, wheels on chair shoot backwards.
Mash at the W key and drag my characters face across a wall trying to get away...get some room... need Weapon !!

Axe swap..hit the key a couple of times so that I pull out the axe..... and put it back again... Gah**
Hit 1 again, pull out axe...Side step Chop...

I'm not convinced that warm wet feeling on my clothing is always Blood.

Always rattles me.

• Like 1

Also I've had a lot of startling moments from random sounds. I'll hear random noises of people drinking and random zombie screams. Its not like I'm afraid all the time. I've died plenty and when I'm a new spawn I tend to not really care if I die. I ineterect with others better as a new spawn. Hell just yesterday I went to say high to a guy in a police station. We talked for a while and finnaly I asked him. So you're going to kill me with that crossbow( since he had it pointed at me the whole time) he said yeah and blew my brains out. There are just certain moments that instill fear, paranoia and adrenaline into you. I love this game and I hope those moments never stop.

That's the spirit of DayZ.  I had the same rush of adrenaline yesterday playing 0.47 and realizing zombies are more aggressive and seem to be anywhere now - even in the deep countryside.

You guys get THAT excited when you see another player? I might get that excited if I was being shot at and not know where it was coming from. Which is completely counterproductive.

It's a lot more fun to go into a situation completely calm because you are so much more in control of what happens next.

Oh, here's your homework.

• Like 1

Holy hell you sent a link to the litany of fear by the bene gesserit. I actually know that by memory since I'm a huge fan of the dune series. I love you man.

• Like 2

You will get used to it, eve online solo pvp had the same effect on me, but in dayz i actually like the time after arespawn when i am gearing up, which is why most of the time getting killed or being in danger of getting killedin dayz has no effect on me at all anymore

• Like 1

You will get used to it, eve online solo pvp had the same effect on me, but in dayz i actually like the time after arespawn when i am gearing up, which is why most of the time getting killed or being in danger of getting killedin dayz has no effect on me at all anymore

Every pvp encounter I had in eve had me on the edge of the chair! I love it when there are stakes.

You guys get THAT excited when you see another player? I might get that excited if I was being shot at and not know where it was coming from. Which is completely counterproductive.

It's a lot more fun to go into a situation completely calm because you are so much more in control of what happens next.

Oh, here's your homework.

Nope, I get an adrenaline kick. At that point "Fight or Flight" takes over and I get really focused, just like fights in real life.