r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.2

Has there been a revent update or something? I don't seem to be able to drink from any wells anymore. The always present option of "Drink" seems to have disappeared entirely, even when I'm right next to a well. This is on a vanilla server...

happened to me too when i played on the jarhead hardcore server. server desc sais it's vanilla + antihack... rejoining brought the drink option back. also i had a chemlight in hand when this happened.

happened to me too when i played on the jarhead hardcore server. server desc sais it's vanilla + antihack... rejoining brought the drink option back. also i had a chemlight in hand when this happened.

Thanks for posting. Just tried to recreate what happened, but without any success. Maybe you could elaborate a bit more at bug@dayzjarhead.de.

Strange things happen, when using any Antihacks. Can´t go with them, can´t go without them...  :D

Edited by dayzjarhead

I have experienced the drink option disappeared occasionaly, on a couple of vanilla servers, havent bothered to post because they use anti hack, (not the same anti hacks as dayzjarhead's).

I keep forgetting to mention this, but one critique on the new POIs introduced in 1.8.1 is that all the trees in those areas are copy/pasted with the exact same orientation.  When you approach those areas, you see a bunch of trees in neat rows with the exact same shape facing the exact same direction.  It's actually really distracting once someone points it out (heh, sorry everyone reading this).  The best example is the POI South of Skalka with the burning buildings and medical tents (which actually happens to be my favorite new POI...love the atmosphere in this one!).  I'd think that this could be fixed with a fairly simple alteration to randomize the shape/size/orientation of the trees in those areas.

Also, we've noticed that a number of trees in the new POI areas aren't tagged as being "in a forest" so you cannot use the hatchet to gather wood from them.

Thanks!  Can't wait for 1.8.3!

Hmm ok thanks for the info. :)

Although the deleting after 7 days means not going on a holiday without losing your tents (at least as long as your not co-opping with a clan or another player)

stiil not cool :(

I believe the 7 day setting is based on the fact that the player have died. If not it will stay. I have this set to 14 days as ppl sometimes need to go on vacation and such.

Hi Folks, LOVE the fact that this is now in some serious develepment, btw, thanks for all the work you've put in already. Really enjoying 1.8.2.

Quick Question: How "complete" are these rolling Changelogs? I posted a few issues in the github about the new building stuff and facoptere mentioned that some of the changes will be made in 1.8.3, but I don't see anything in the Rolling changelog for 1.8.3.

On the disappearing tents - AFAIK, that's entirely handled by the individual servers' Database setup, and it's based on what your server admins have set for cleanup, so you'll definitely need to talk to them.

Hi Folks, LOVE the fact that this is now in some serious develepment, btw, thanks for all the work you've put in already. Really enjoying 1.8.2.

Quick Question: How "complete" are these rolling Changelogs? I posted a few issues in the github about the new building stuff and facoptere mentioned that some of the changes will be made in 1.8.3, but I don't see anything in the Rolling changelog for 1.8.3.

On the disappearing tents - AFAIK, that's entirely handled by the individual servers' Database setup, and it's based on what your server admins have set for cleanup, so you'll definitely need to talk to them.

It's not that upto date. 

• Add lootpos in new PIO (trains mainly). The loot focused on construction.
  • Few models reworked and debugged.
  • Login heavily optimized (mission file process + login = 20 seconds)
  • Player is not stuck anymore at the hidden "gender selection" dialog box, even after a game restart
  • Some tidy-up in the mission file. Mission file smaller (10 kB)
  • Fix french translation for sepsis
  • "Unconscious" state rewritten from scratch (no more glitch)
  • few models optimized with shadow and LOD
  • All strings are localized
  • Add water pumps for the "Drink" menu
  • metal fences can be built and upgraded upto level 7, and disassembled
  • new placement system (object stays vertical and can be placed only on a terrain with few level difference)
  • "magnet style" on object edges, so that 2 fences join seamlessly during assembly
  • the "ghost" object will always show the same side (player won't be able to build a fence inside-out)
  • few objects has been fixed (2 inch pipes, "for dummy" guides...)
  • POI objects will have some loot (loot editor updated to support them)
  • some paa files has been processed through Pal2PacE BI tool (I had issue binarizing pbo without)
  • fixed: resting does not show the "up" arrow near the blood icon anymore

• all medical effects (post-processing effects and camshakes) are moved to a single file

• Modified effects:

• lack of blood: removed permanent blur and desaturation. Random "Wave shape" for desaturation level
    • in pain or thirsty => dizziness (very slow shake cams), during 15 seconds every 90 seconds (in average)
    • infected => flickering radial blur (center of the screen is not altered), coughs
    • unchanged: unconscious => full screen blur, full desaturation.
    • unchanged: low temperature => shivering
  • Construction: use default camera key (numpad "Enter" key by default) to toggle the special camera view.

• models updated: no more half buried item (crate, fuelcan...), added freezebox for medical supplies..

Some more unformated changes to still be added to the changelog post

• Like 1

Question =)

[New] - "town generator", which spawns litter/rumble/wrecks inside 500 meter bubble around the player.

Will my squad see the same litter/rumble/wrecks if we are within 500 meters of each other?

Will my squad see the same litter/rumble/wrecks if we are within 500 meters of each other?

Wouldn't make any sense if it were any different, to be honest.

Wouldn't make any sense if it were any different, to be honest.

I wasn't thinking straight haha it's been a long week, great update very much looking forward to playing! would it be possible to add the feature to select your characters colours before spawning i.e. black vest black shirt?

Edited by vandal gab

i.e. black vest black shirt?

That is actually something that's not synced properly across all clients - but ultimately what we wanted to do is to create a bigger variety of skins rather than have every survivor look the same.

• Like 1

That is actually something that's not synced properly across all clients - but ultimately what we wanted to do is to create a bigger variety of skins rather than have every survivor look the same.

I did wonder that whilst shouting to my friends I got a black vest blue shirt on don't shoot! bang bang bang LOL

Edited by vandal gab

Hello, we need 1.8.3 out ASAP!!! The sway thing is killing vanilla. Or if there is way for a server owner to fix it please tell me!!!

Unfortunately we don't have 8 hours a day to work on the mod. I've been told the guys testing would like to see a few more items polished before we release when that gets done we will go about the normal process to do a release. 

We will start the process as soon as we can.

• Like 1

Okay I'm in need of some advice.  There has been an intermittent problem where player's humanity are being reset to 2500 typically after death or when logging back into lobby.  Sometimes players spawn back in time (with respect to location).

I guess I'd like to ask:  Is there a know issue?  If not could this be due to low server fps when the player population is high?  Where should I look?

• Like 1

Are you sure they're just relogging and haven't died prior?

Are you sure they're just relogging and haven't died prior?

It's a very prevalent problem right now.  One of my friends was a 4k+ humanity hero and died, then spawned in as a 2500 point survivor.  He kept trying to get humanity back up but was reset to 2500 every time he died.  Also, we've been in fights where someone kills one of our teammates and becomes a bandit, then we kill him...at which point he spawns in the same city and rushes back to his body...as a survivor.  We'll kill him again (verifying it's the same person by seeing the death message and checking the body) and we'll lose 2500 humanity points for killing him even though he had turned to a bandit skin just 10 minutes earlier.

This is happening to a lot of people, not just an isolated incident.  For the people it's happening to it's very repeatable.

Quick question about zombies in 1.8.3: is their hit range going to be increased?  R0Z4R mentioned a while back that it needs further tweaking after I posted a video of being able to easily jog away from zombies without ever taking a hit, but I don't see anything about it in the change log.

Thanks!

It's a very prevalent problem right now.  One of my friends was a 4k+ humanity hero and died, then spawned in as a 2500 point survivor.  He kept trying to get humanity back up but was reset to 2500 every time he died.  Also, we've been in fights where someone kills one of our teammates and becomes a bandit, then we kill him...at which point he spawns in the same city and rushes back to his body...as a survivor.  We'll kill him again (verifying it's the same person by seeing the death message and checking the body) and we'll lose 2500 humanity points for killing him even though he had turned to a bandit skin just 10 minutes earlier.

This is happening to a lot of people, not just an isolated incident.  For the people it's happening to it's very repeatable.

Just so extraneous variables are out of the equation I've paused the 15 minute back ups and removed unused schemas from the database.  By the way Bullet has it happened to you?  I know one of the admins had the issue.  I've never experienced it myself.  I do know he has a computer on the lower end.

Bullet so it's mostly happening after death and logging back in?  I haven't died for 30 days.  Not a major accomplishment since I don't play that often or long and I treat everyone with prejudice and play like a hermit.

Edited by Geryon

kichilron, if it helps if you want to run some debug code to spit out more verbose info to the logs I can do so on US434.  Assuming that will help.  Just let me know what I need to do.

No there is no AH running.

Edited by Geryon

I think we said to move attack range up by .1 not that its going to make a massive difference 

I can confirm the humanity resetting issue. It has happened to me a couple of times recently that after doing something that changed my humanity, it got reset at my next login. However, not to 2500, but to the value I had before it changed. I have tried waiting for about five to ten minutes after my last humanity-changing action before logging off, but that didn't help. It seems to me that the humanity changes are not always properly/immediately synched.

Edited by RomanZ

Just so extraneous variables are out of the equation I've paused the 15 minute back ups and removed unused schemas from the database.  By the way Bullet has it happened to you?  I know one of the admins had the issue.  I've never experienced it myself.  I do know he has a computer on the lower end.

Bullet so it's mostly happening after death and logging back in?  I haven't died for 30 days.  Not a major accomplishment since I don't play that often or long and I treat everyone with prejudice and play like a hermit.

I died a few times last Saturday and my humanity stayed intact.  I haven't died since then.  I'm conferring with my friends that it has been happening to to get more details.

I can confirm the humanity resetting issue. It has happened to me a couple of times recently that after doing something that changed my humanity, it got reset at my next login. However, not to 2500, but to the value I had before it changed. I have tried waiting for about five to ten minutes after my last humanity-changing action before logging off, but that didn't help. It seems to me that the humanity changes are not always properly/immediately synched.

Yes, I've experienced inaccuracies in humanity in DayZ mod as long back as I can remember, but this is a separate issue.  Humanity is being completely reset to the default 2500 survivor humanity that you get when you first start playing on that server.