Sirwarriant12

So whats every one gonna build/fortify when all that gets added?

Yes I'm aware that's still a ways off but when it's in I want to get some friends and start a trading post at one of the castles. You have a clear view of the surrounding areas, its an uphill fight for attackers and it would be pretty easy to fortify. You have people confiscate weapons when they enter, if they want to sell a gun a guard will hold onto it for them. You could have an area set up for tents for vendors and visitors alike and so on. I'm really looking forward to building how about you guys?

I have a nice little home setaway somewhere to fortify and set my lovely m4 and cr. There I shall hunt and fish. #helpthenoobs

I'll lock down Vybor military base.

Good luck. That place has got to be the literal worst location for a military base EVER. 

Barn north of Myshkino.

Eventually the entire village.

Any other answer is just wrong.

• Like 1

:lol: You actually think there will be building in this game.

That's so cute, utterly naïve and ludicrous . but cute.

Oh BTW you can ALREADY build & fortify in H1Z1 and it isn't even in pre-alpha yet & they have vehicles already & you can craft your own weapons & the zombies pretty much take care of the kiddie KoSer's for you

:lol: You actually think there will be building in this game.

That's so cute, utterly naïve and ludicrous . but cute.

Oh BTW you can ALREADY build & fortify in H1Z1 and it isn't even in pre-alpha yet & they have vehicles already & you can craft your own weapons & the zombies pretty much take care of the kiddie KoSer's for you

Yes I do think there will be building, seeing how its one of the main things Dean and a large portion of the community wants added. I also don't give a flying shit about H1Z1, is there anything in my original post or title about H1Z1? No there's not, if your going to ramble about how a different game with a far larger budget and team already has this and that then you can shut your trap and leave. 

• Like 15

Yes I do think there will be building, seeing how its one of the main things Dean and a large portion of the community wants added. I also don't give a flying shit about H1Z1, is there anything in my original post or title about H1Z1? No there's not, if your going to ramble about how a different game with a far larger budget and team already has this and that then you can shut your trap and leave. 

F you, I have just as much of a right to my say as you do fanboi.

Don't like it don't read it.

Edited by mortaug

I do not like the attitude with which you have been posting, as seen in your above posts and the following:

Don't worry Solopopo, you will soon learn the fanbois names and just skip over their posts completely.

If you wish to continue posting, I would advise you to be nicer.

you can shut your trap and leave. 

Please do not respond to other users like that, even if they have been provocative. Use the report button if necessary.

• Like 10

Inception.

This topic is rather pointless.

Mos1ey

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:33 AM
The map would end up full of clutter and weird looking shacks. In a real life apocalypse scenario why would you build a loveshack when there are thousands of decent houses that you could live in?

Crafting items has been planned for a long time, but you will not see Rust-esque building AFAIK.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/162376-if-dayz-had-rust-minecraft-esque-style-crafting/

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 2

Sorry Inception, if I get attacked I respond in kind. Just hate fanbois who can not admit when something is broken or you tell them the hard truth.

Edited by mortaug

Sorry Inception, if I get attacked I respond in kind. Just hate fanbois who can not admit when something is broken or you tell them the hard truth.

The problem is your original comment, as well. The tone of it was unnecessary.

How is asking what people are going to build when it's added broken?  

• Like 1

How is asking what people are going to build when it's added broken?  

Because I, personally, do not believe it will ever be added.

IMHO, the devs have given up on this game as anything but a CoD kiddie style KoS fest. The latest breaking of melee combat is just the latest step to forcing everyone towards using firearms almost exclusively.

Because I, personally, do not believe it will ever be added.

IMHO, the devs have given up on this game as anything but a CoD kiddie style KoS fest. The latest breaking of melee combat is just the latest step to forcing everyone towards using firearms almost exclusively.

Then why are you here and why do you bother posting?  Why don't you go to the H1Z1 forums and complain about that game instead?

The topic is not for discussing whether or not base building and construction will be added, but rather for discussing what one will build/fortify when/if it is added, hence the title of the topic. Stick to the topic, please.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

Then why are you here and why do you bother posting?  Why don't you go to the H1Z1 forums and complain about that game instead?

Because I hope if enough people complain  about the current state, the dev's will see that some people actually WANT Dayz SA to be a survival game not a KoS fest.

Posted as Inception was typing :)

As far as the gist of the thread, I would build an underground type concrete bunker with tunnels in the mountains. That's assuming building is EVER implemented.

Edited by mortaug

I won't build anything when there are some really neat wooden shacks in the woods. Maybe I'll just hole up in Tulga or near Kamy. I have always liked the coast because of the sundowns :-)

• Like 1

Heh, now that this topic is (mostly) back on track and we're through with plugging other games...

A giant wall around the entirety of Elektrozavodsk, if possible.

I kind of expect all the spawn zones to be completely barricaded off for the first couple of weeks. Followed by locations like Rify, the milzones, and smaller towns like Msta and Myshkino. I foresee the castles being fortified and occupied. I predict somebody will wall off Black Lake and turn it into an impenetrable cottage. I also expect a slew of bambi-traps where people barricade high-value lootzones and then leave a door open, only to close and lock it behind the poached bambi.

Basically, I figure I'll see a good two weeks to two months where the building system is used solely for the purpose of being a dick. So why not just go full-bore and wall off Elektro?

• Like 2

Far larger budget ( for H1Z1)?

Oh yeah, cause Dayz is so poor with only 40 million in sales in only six months.

So the slow progress is because Bohemia and Rocket are not rich enough.

Got it.

I don't want to build anything. I want to be able to expand existing structures. Build gardens in rooms. Barricade windows/doors. Add generators to create electricity.

Basically everything in this video:

• Like 1

I don't want to build anything. I want to be able to expand existing structures. Build gardens in rooms. Barricade windows/doors. Add generators to create electricity.

Basically everything in this video:

yeah got to say i did find it quite impressive what a small indie team are doing with that game.

As for what i would barricade hmmm that small country inn building looks quite nice not sure if there is one further west as the only 1 i have checked out thus far is not to far south of novo so that be to hot but if there is one in the deep west  it might be worth a try...

Edited by SoulFirez

F you, I have just as much of a right to my say as you do fanboi.

says one fanboy to another... lol

• Like 1