Sirwarriant12

So whats every one gonna build/fortify when all that gets added?

How do you make it so someone just doesnt log on to another server on the hive, move 10 feet over, then log back into the original server and now be inside the base?

How do you make it so people dont start just building around spawn points to block people in?

1. Rocket has said that they're working on a solution to this, involving "zones" wherein a player cannot log into a server inside one of the zones (ostensibly a barricaded house) and would be spawned outside of it.

2. Make spawns dynamic along the coast, rather than fixed? Make construction a difficult thing to do on a large scale? Allow people to vault over certain things, like fences? Take your pick! :D

• Like 1

Yes watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3e5Fub38Ig

Also check out the zombie attacking the deer. Yes that's right the zombies are so aggressive they Attack the wildlife.

My original question was sarcasm. It's obvious that it's in pre-alpha and that you had no idea what you were talking about.

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 1

My original question was sarcasm. It's obvious that it's in pre-alpha and that you had no idea what you were talking about.

Funny according to you and others a "pre-alpha" is open to us 2 million+ general public users. Theirs is only open to internal testers and a select group of youtubers/twitch users.

So you are wrong . . . . . . . . .  again.

i look forward to barricading the bujesus out of Zub Castle

Funny according to you and others a "pre-alpha" is open to us 2 million+ general public users. Theirs is only open to internal testers and a select group of youtubers/twitch users.

So you are wrong . . . . . . . . .  again.

Yeah, uh, according to me and others? I'd like to see you quote a post where I claim that Dayz is in pre-alpha stage. Last time I checked Dayz was in open access alpha. H1Z1 isn't in alpha, but in pre-alpha and therefore isn't open to public, you claimed that it was "not even in pre-alpha", remember?

Oh BTW you can ALREADY build & fortify in H1Z1 and it isn't even in pre-alpha yet

Dayz aftermath had the best base building of any dayz mod I played. To break into other player's bases you had to smash through the gates with consumable sledge hammers. If you were willing to layer enough walls and gates, your base was protected while you logged out as it could take hours to bust down all of the gates if they even had enough sledgehammers.

You must not have read any of the THOUSANDS of posts here where every fanboi & Mod says" but it's a pre alpha!"

Also the H1Z1 devs themselves state it isn't in pre alpha yet. watch any of the youtube vids.

And that's my last response to you, so don't expect any more. Please feel free to post your opinion though, as all opinions are welcome.

Ill fortify a random house in an obscure village, or maybe up near where the Ural was. Then when we can make full structures and have vehicles, ill create a town out in the wilderness that is repeating grassland and hills :P

1. Rocket has said that they're working on a solution to this, involving "zones" wherein a player cannot log into a server inside one of the zones (ostensibly a barricaded house) and would be spawned outside of it.

2. Make spawns dynamic along the coast, rather than fixed? Make construction a difficult thing to do on a large scale? Allow people to vault over certain things, like fences? Take your pick! :D

You forgot the most reasonable one and the one that is both least likely to happen yet makes the most sense.

One character per server  + having the character sleep when logged off.

I would like some sort of trap system. Spikes,nets, shotgun traps in Cherno would be fun.

You must not have read any of the THOUSANDS of posts here where every fanboi & Mod says" but it's a pre alpha!"

Also the H1Z1 devs themselves state it isn't in pre alpha yet. watch any of the youtube vids.

And that's my last response to you, so don't expect any more. Please feel free to post your opinion though, as all opinions are welcome.

:rolleyes:

You forgot the most reasonable one and the one that is both least likely to happen yet makes the most sense.

One character per server  + having the character sleep when logged off.

Yep, I support that. But others have said it on this thread and I didn't want to beat a dead horse. And it still doesn't fix being able to block off spawn points, players can do this whether or not avatars/characters are fixed to a particular server or not.

So long as the spawn points are known and/or relatively limited, they'd be vulnerable to exploitation. Which is not to say that we need folks spawning all over the map, it's not. It's to say that spawns along the coast need to be made more various, dynamic, and/or unpredictable.

Yep, I support that. But others have said it on this thread and I didn't want to beat a dead horse. And it still doesn't fix being able to block off spawn points, players can do this whether or not avatars/characters are fixed to a particular server or not.

So long as the spawn points are known and/or relatively limited, they'd be vulnerable to exploitation. Which is not to say that we need folks spawning all over the map, it's not. It's to say that spawns along the coast need to be made more various, dynamic, and/or unpredictable.

If you are refering to spawn points for a fresh spawn then they could simply do what they did in the mod with loot.

When a player spawns in remove any barricades or items near the spawning player so that he is not trapped inside anywhere.

However if the player is merely logging in and is barricaded nothing should be done .

Yes watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3e5Fub38Ig

Also check out the zombie attacking the deer. Yes that's right the zombies are so aggressive they Attack the wildlife.

Oh yeah the wildlife includes bears and wolves that will attack you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClFqQm9nv0s this twitch dtream shows about an hour.

Now I have to say that I think DayZ(TY D"R"H) has inspired a LOT of the features in all of the new zombie/survival games,

So in that respect it is an absolute success.

0Wzs7Zs.jpg

BGKobpl.jpg

Oh would you look at that, aggressive zombies attacking wildlife.

Edit: Also last time I checked there hasn't been a time when zombies were not aggressive in this, and bears and wolves and such are being added which will be aggressive towards players, possibly zombies, although them being aggressive towards zombies wouldn't necessarily make sense since they would naturally steer clear of anything sick unless it was attacking them.

Edited by Sirwarriant12
  • Like 4

0Wzs7Zs.jpg

BGKobpl.jpg

LOL i have fallen victim to this actually .had a pig run past me in the woods on the edge of a town i stopped and watched it bolting and thought wierd .. Didnt see the 5 zeds that had been chasing it and now attacked me being closer with my back turned to them..

• Like 4

LOL i have fallen victim to this actually .had a pig run past me in the woods on the edge of a town i stopped and watched it bolting and thought wierd .. Didnt see the 5 zeds that had been chasing it and now attacked me being closer with my back turned to them..

LOL its hilarious I sat and watched it for a solid 10 minutes, surprised I didn't get shot I was just sitting on top of the construction site in Berinzino.

...and bears and wolves and such are being added which will be aggressive towards players,..." 

in reality this makes zero sense. Bears and other wild animals stay clear of humans. The only time they attack is when you surprise them and you are too close. Otherwise they see you or smell you a mile away and leave the area. If they make the "hostile" animals act like zombies and sprint at you from across an open field it will not only be unrealistic it will be REALLy frickin' annoying.

in reality this makes zero sense. Bears and other wild animals stay clear of humans. The only time they attack is when you surprise them and you are too close. Otherwise they see you or smell you a mile away and leave the area. If they make the "hostile" animals act like zombies and sprint at you from across an open field it will not only be unrealistic it will be REALLy frickin' annoying.

Ya because in a world where food is scarce, even for animals, the aggressive ones won't become aggressive?   :rolleyes:   There is a reason people don't go camping once hibernation is over or just before it starts.

Edited by Caboose187

Ya because in a world where food is scarce, even for animals, the aggressive ones won't become aggressive?   :rolleyes:   There is a reason people don't go camping once hibernation is over or just before it starts.

Except the bears aren't starving. If anything they are eating well. There are deer, cows, pigs, rabbits etc all roaming free in the fields. And why do you think you NEVER find any freakin' berries on the bushes?

Seriously though, in real life any time anyone sees a bear in the wild you really only ever see their butt for a reason. Bears will pretty much never run across an open field to attack a person unless they feel their young are in danger. They know we aren't on the menu unless they sneak up on you while you are sleeping in your tent and forget to hang your food in a tree.

If they have every bear and every wolf immediately charge you from a half kilometer away it will just be stupid, annoying and unrealistic.

0Wzs7Zs.jpg

BGKobpl.jpg

Edit: Also last time I checked there hasn't been a time when zombies were not aggressive in this, and bears and wolves and such are being added which will be aggressive towards players, possibly zombies, although them being aggressive towards zombies wouldn't necessarily make sense since they would naturally steer clear of anything sick unless it was attacking them.

Cool TY for posting that. I am GLAD I was wrong on that point. Unlike IRL where I am an animal magnet, in game I seem to repel them. I have only seen 1 boar, 4 cows & 2 deer in ~100hrs. I do spend most time in the forests & high north though.

None of the survivors should be starving as the typical zombie count(depending on game/book/general genre) is 85% - 99% of the population & most within the first couple of days of the first infected within their community. So in they smaller towns and village it should be like a smorgasbord., big cities, OTOH rarely have enough food to last all of their citizens for more than 24 to 48hrs once deliveries stop.

That of course is based on US standards not sure how the larger cities in Russian type countries would be.

As far as bears and wolves being aggressive towards us. think about it for a minute. The 2 legged animals(us) that they are used to seeing just watch them, are suddenly physically ATTACKING them. This of course changes the way that they behave towards all of us.

As far as KoSer's barricading all the spawn points, doesn't it seem more likely that after the first few do that, most of the others will just use those to KoS the others with less work?

Its a video game! I think they can change some things in animal behavior to make game more fun. I would like that bears (wolves, panthers, wild dogs...if added) atack both players and zombies if they come close to them. Imagine this situation: you shoot bear with few .22 in the ass, just to make him mad and bleeding and you make him chase you in Novodmitrovsk. He will aggro every zombie in town and it will be epic fight and it will buy you some time to loot important buildings in peace.

• Like 1

on topic: do you think base building will be epoch type (you insta-create wooden planks and carry all material in backpack) or maybe like in Forest, where you cut down and build one log at time.

on topic: do you think base building will be epoch type (you insta-create wooden planks and carry all material in backpack) or maybe like in Forest, where you cut down and build one log at time.

I have a feeling it's going to be a mix of Rust and Epoch.  Really lame building.

• Like 1

I have a feeling it's going to be a mix of Rust and Epoch.  Really lame building.

Never played Rust (and never will), and never did any building in Epoch (but I played) because its discusting. 

Never played Rust (and never will), and never did any building in Epoch (but I played) because its discusting. 

You have to look at it this way.  As you can tell, by the many posters on these very forums, that people do not want it to take long to get gear so why would base building be any different.  All people want to do is get an axe, chop some wood and voila, planks.  That's exactly they way I picture building being done.  No need for a hammer, no need for nails.  Simplicity for the simple minded.

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 1