Sirwarriant12

So whats every one gonna build/fortify when all that gets added?

Talking to the lads over the past couple of nights and we reckon that the train at the station in the north should be armored up along with a few carriages and then we can roll up and down the tracks to our hearts content. 

• Like 1

Because I, personally, do not believe it will ever be added.

IMHO, the devs have given up on this game as anything but a CoD kiddie style KoS fest. The latest breaking of melee combat is just the latest step to forcing everyone towards using firearms almost exclusively.

9/11 was an inside job!

Obama is a reptile!

Keep your conspiracy theories to yourself. The melee system is broken because the devs pushed a buggy stable version because they wanted to meet the deadline. God forbid that a game that hasn't even been finished yet shouldn't be perfect.

Some more information on the barricading and building would be nice. I daresay that construction has barely had work start on it so far, though.

Some more information on the barricading and building would be nice. I daresay that construction has barely had work start on it so far, though.

Agreed, but I think it's contingent upon how they polish persistent items. Gotta' get that past initial implementation first before they can outline their plan for construction.

• Like 1

9/11 was an inside job!

Obama is a reptile!

Keep your conspiracy theories to yourself. The melee system is broken because the devs pushed a buggy stable version because they wanted to meet the deadline. God forbid that a game that hasn't even been finished yet shouldn't be perfect.

So you thin k 9/11 was an inside job and Obama is a reptile? wow you are a nut (snark)

Who has EVER said this game is supposed to be perfect at the stage it is in? . As others have stated above, just look at what a small indie company have done with fortifying & armoring cars in Survive the Night. Lol check out the 'pig bombs" they have.

Brillant !

So you thin k 9/11 was an inside job and Obama is a reptile? wow you are a nut (snark)

Who has EVER said this game is supposed to be perfect at the stage it is in? . As others have stated above, just look at what a small indie company have done with fortifying & armoring cars in Survive the Night. Lol check out the 'pig bombs" they have.

Brillant !

Here...I got you these glasses...

they allow you to read sarcasm

• Like 2

:lol: You actually think there will be building in this game.

That's so cute, utterly naïve and ludicrous . but cute.

Oh BTW you can ALREADY build & fortify in H1Z1 and it isn't even in pre-alpha yet & they have vehicles already & you can craft your own weapons & the zombies pretty much take care of the kiddie KoSer's for you

:lol: You actually think there will be building in this game.

That's so cute, utterly naïve and ludicrous . but cute.

Oh BTW you can ALREADY build & fortify in H1Z1 and it isn't even in pre-alpha yet & they have vehicles already & you can craft your own weapons & the zombies pretty much take care of the kiddie KoSer's for you

To be honest, I don't think there will be building, I know for a fact there will be.

To be honest, I don't think there will be building, I know for a fact there will be.

You don't actually "know for a fact". The devs said they would add it but that doesn't mean things can't change. Alpha and all that.

You don't actually "know for a fact". The devs said they would add it but that doesn't mean things can't change. Alpha and all that.

When they say it's going to be added makes it fact, yeah it can change but right now it's fact they are adding base building as well as being able to fortify buildings.

I'd probably tinker with it just because it's new, but it depends on what else has made it into the game by the time that part comes.Fortification and construction probably won't be too meaningful without other persistent elements in place and the server communities that would form as a result. The biggest incentive to fortify would be defense!

*Defense from other players? Well..if you log out, you don't want to leave any tell-tale signs where your stash is.. Reinforced windows and barbed wire are going to tell would-be looters where your stuff is.

*Defense from the elements? Not quite here yet! However, I'm sure seeking shelter and regulating body temperature will be implemented before we see construction, as some foundations for this are already in place.

*Defense from the Zombies? Zombies are getting better all the time, but aren't numerous or challenging enough to warrant securing a structure. Active roaming hordes would add some drama here.

In light of all this the game would have to evolve drastically for fortification to compete with a nomadic lifestyle in viability, despite the cool factor.

Edited by Rudette

:lol: You actually think there will be building in this game.

That's so cute, utterly naïve and ludicrous . but cute.

Oh BTW you can ALREADY build & fortify in H1Z1 and it isn't even in pre-alpha yet & they have vehicles already & you can craft your own weapons & the zombies pretty much take care of the kiddie KoSer's for you

No, you cannot.

When fortification will be available, if it will, then I have a lovely small hut in the north west (030 035) with a doghouse and a small garden.

I am going to make barricade on the farm and create the pig sanctuary and defend from bandit and pig killer but if I make success breeding programme maybe I will kill old one and do trade of bacons for ammo but if they don't putting in animal breed system I will only protect and never kill pigs I will find a place close to apple tree so pigs never worry for food

• Like 7

Nothing.

What is the point of barricading or even base building if your character vanishes into thin air when you log off.

Rust approach of a single character per server + in game sleeping when not playing would work with barricading and base building.

Without those two things there is little incentive to barricading or base building outside of perhaps storing loot and even then you would probably have your most valuable loot with you thus safe from base raiding.

PI48dN3.jpg

Oh BTW you can ALREADY build & fortify in H1Z1 and it isn't even in pre-alpha

Isn't even in pre-alpha but has features implemented?

H1Z1 is in "pre-alpha" and all games have features implemented before the alpha stage. In fact, most have a vertical slice of ALL features implemented before alpha release.

Edit: Well, at least before the Steam EA epidemic. 

Edited by scriptfactory

When reading this thread my thoughts always come back to one thing: Barricading the door of the nwaf ATC and putting a tent on top of it, but I somehow doubt it will fit up there.

H1Z1 is in "pre-alpha" and all games have features implemented before the alpha stage. In fact, most have a vertical slice of ALL features implemented before alpha release.

Edit: Well, at least before the Steam EA epidemic.

No doubt. I wasn't the one claiming that it's not in pre-alpha.

Edited by Exorade
  • Like 1

The only two problems I have with any base building idea is :

How do you make it so someone just doesnt log on to another server on the hive, move 10 feet over, then log back into the original server and now be inside the base?

How do you make it so people dont start just building around spawn points to block people in?

As far as with spawn points. The only way they will be able to make this possible is if you can only build onto existing structures.. That doesnt really stop someone from server hopping though to get inside your fortification.

The only way I can see them stop server hopping to get inside peoples bases(which would also stop ghosting) is to make it a penalty to server hop somewhat in that, when you switch from your original server to a different server, you wouldnt spawn in the same place you logged out.

Edited by cels
  • Like 1

How do you make it so someone just doesnt log on to another server on the hive, move 10 feet over, then log back into the original server and now be inside the base?

Save spawn locations per server and not globally (per hive).

p.s. This also fixes ghosting and server hopping, to a certain extent.

How do you make it so people dont start just building around spawn points to block people in?

Make people spawn around the whole map.

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 1

I'll lock down Vybor military base.

I'm starting a campaign to start referring to it as the Veresnik military base. I've always referred to it that way and I don't understand why so many seem to use Vybor. Not saying you're "wrong", Veresnik just seems more accurate to me since that's where it actually is :p

• Like 1

There are so many interesting places even for a solo player. Heck Drakon, that little island with the lighthouse just outside Elektro might be an interesting place to fortify. Might get shot at a lot but the lighthouse spawns some okay things and eventually you might be able to stockpile ammo/food and such. 

My most likely thing to do is to find an out of the way place that spawns more or less what I need to survive, like mentioned above, and secure them if I can. There are a few places where there are houses or shacks out in the middle of the woods and some have some solid possible spawns. You will never find something like a ballistic helmet, but Mosins and scopes and such.

I will likely fortify the barns near where I generally set up in the Mod.  I like hanging around the Dubrovka region on Overpoch.

Yes watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3e5Fub38Ig

Also check out the zombie attacking the deer. Yes that's right the zombies are so aggressive they Attack the wildlife.

Oh yeah the wildlife includes bears and wolves that will attack you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClFqQm9nv0s this twitch dtream shows about an hour.

Now I have to say that I think DayZ(TY D"R"H) has inspired a LOT of the features in all of the new zombie/survival games,

So in that respect it is an absolute success.