Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

Whatever is causing DayZ .47 to crash for me, is still in this experimental .48.   :(

I can't play for more than 15 minutes or so at a time before it crashes to desktop.

Hoping hotfix for .47 has the answer inside.... *sigh*

Overheating CPU would be my guess.

I thought it was impossible for players to steal your tent is it not? Even if so I doubt someone stumbled upon mine where it was hidden but I suppose it is possible.

Maybe they wiped all persistent items or something? 

I am glad I only left unimportant stuff in the tent but it makes me nervous to use them in the future if even the tent can be stolen 

Players can steal items from tent but not tent.

They can however destroy the tent.

What, sure other players can steal your tent - just removing all items and packin it.

My tent on UK12 also dissapeard but the server was stucked for over 48h and devs probably reset all persistent item on that to bring the server back.

What, sure other players can steal your tent - just removing all items and packin it.

My tent on UK12 also dissapeard but the server was stucked for over 48h and devs probably reset all persistent item on that to bring the server back.

Not sure if they ca steal tents but I am positive mine was lost when they reset all persistence on my server last night.

I ak guessing others exp this as well..

The concerning thing is I thought tents were made to be immune to this sorta thin hence why u would use thenn as opposed to stashing your backpack by a bush where it is much less visible.

I believe the tents should have stayed but all other prsitent items should have gone.

Not sure if they ca steal tents but I am positive mine was lost when they reset all persistence on my server last night.

The concerning thing is I thought tents were made to be immune to this sorta thin hence why u would use thenn as opposed to stashing your backpack by a bush where it is much less visible.

I tent i pitched a friend could pack, i don't c a reason why it should be not that way, i mean - it's not a house u gonna try to move.  A backpack fairly better tarned but u don't have 64slots to stash item and you can't stahs rifles etc. (okay, atm u can place guns everywehre cuz of persistenc, but i guess that's goin to change)

I

Ok, so you were getting the exact same thing as me, but one other guy is claiming that the issue is not occurring for him. Wonder what we did?

Perhaps he's on .47 and we are on .48.

I tent i pitched a friend could pack, i don't c a reason why it should be not that way, i mean - it's not a house u gonna try to move.  A backpack fairly better tarned but u don't have 64slots to stash item and you can't stahs rifles etc. (okay, atm u can place guns everywehre cuz of persistenc, but i guess that's goin to change)

I

I agree it makes sense but I had seen in videos of people reviewing tents last patch saying they could not be stolen.

Was ur tent pitched last night ? Did it disappear today ?

I think tents do not have any special persistence powers vs other items as mine was respawned with all the other crap on the server

I think they may have tweaked all the servers earlier today, it may have involved server resets of all persistent items as well.  I do know that loot is much easier to come by today.

Z

Maybe they wiped all persistent items or something? 

I played yesterday 4-5 hours on DE 02 and I hide much loot on at least 4-5 places (trees), the loot were still in the morning there even after a couple of restarts. BUT since today Noon all is gone! So yes there was definite a (map?) wipe. And I wonder if persistence works for now.   

Since today also loot is spawning in huge ammount, I found so many good stuff incl. tons of food in civilian buildings, They have changed something for sure.

Edited by Sharplooter

tent was pitched on friday @ uk12, uk12 went down at saturday and came back today (they cleaned all persistent items) - tent was gone.

I played yesterday 4-5 hours on DE 02 and I hide much loot on at least 4-5 places (trees), the loot were still in the morning there even after a couple of restarts. BUT since today Noon all is gone! So yes there was definite a (map?) wipe. And I wonder if persistence works for now.   

Since today also loot is spawning in huge ammount, I found so many good stuff incl. tons of food in civilian buildings, They have changed something for sure.

well freshies are clogging the mill bases up again

I went to s few and they are full of shit again.....so the loot respawns still work the same way but not sure if they will clean the pipes on restart or not 

Whatever is causing DayZ .47 to crash for me, is still in this experimental .48.   :(

I can't play for more than 15 minutes or so at a time before it crashes to desktop.

Hoping hotfix for .47 has the answer inside.... *sigh*

i had same problem when i updated gfx drivers, so i reverted back and now its ok.

btw i have nvidia card.

We probably get a update tomorrow, what will they fix and what will they break this time?

tumblr_inline_n9sqyjCehK1s7babi.gif

Could some one who plays experimental test if you can unload loaded shotgun shells?

Currently on stable you can't unload the shotgun once loaded.

well freshies are clogging the mill bases up again

I went to s few and they are full of shit again.....so the loot respawns still work the same way but not sure if they will clean the pipes on restart or not 

Okay... I was on DE 02 again, now mostly junk loot again... seems they just did a server wipe today, good loot just spawned one time and now it's getting worse and worse again. Oh right they didn't change the spawn mechanic, only the wipe gave us good loot for a short time. But I think it's for the science!!^^

Btw, I never saw a worse zombie than the "Monkey". He is totally imba/op/broken/whatever:

He hits you even when you stand at the opposite side he is looking, he jumps 180 Degree away from you and he still hits you, lol. He makes "angle" jumps (90 Degrees), to be sure hitting you, lol. He don't even need sometimes a startup for make the sick jumps, like a rocket (not Dean, I mean like a real rocket :) ). He is (Zombie) GOD! And "Monkey" will make me atheist if I meet him anylonger!

Edited by Sharplooter

We probably get a update tomorrow, what will they fix and what will they break this time?

Weird animation fixes.

Maye respawn adjustment.

Could some one who plays experimental test if you can unload loaded shotgun shells?

Currently on stable you can't unload the shotgun once loaded.

Doesn't work on booth branches.

Do tents despawn after restarts on experimental?

Apparently they do on stable..

Do tents despawn after restarts on experimental?

Apparently they do on stable..

Persistence not live in stable yet ;)

My tent respawned but only due to a manual server wipe by the devs...it survival d a few respawns but it makes me afraid that tents do not have the higher form of persistence over other loot that they should have...

It is basically a giant blue "Loot is here" sign vs just hiding your hard to see hunting backpack in some tall grass

• Like 2

How does persistency work? Can you bring an item from a server onto another? What would happen on long run if thousands of "persistent" items stay like that?

How does persistency work? Can you bring an item from a server onto another? What would happen on long run if thousands of "persistent" items stay like that?

Yes

Supposedly there is a server limit at which point all items aside from tents begin to despawn

This latest change on .48 despawned all junk items including the tent I had...so items are persistent but I believe tents are not treated differently then any other item and will despawn when the item limit is hit and/or if the devs manually despawn all items on a server

Thanks for the answer. I hope tents won't be despawned on stable.

Tents currently will despawn on stable as there is not yet persistence

• Like 1

My CPU is not overheating, Frosti. Thanks though.

i had same problem when i updated gfx drivers, so i reverted back and now its ok.

btw i have nvidia card.

I have an old nvidia gt240 and there has been a couple fairly recent updates....

I will try rolling back.

Thanks.

Yeah it seems junk items got wiped. Also for all my complaining about not seeing anyone I got what I wanted in Vybor. Logged in and started looting the school, saw one guy run up to where I was then run away. I ran towards gas station to try to flank and see what he was doing only to find another guy prone near the fence trying to watch the police station. I took a shot at him and missed, he ran. I ran along the north side of town to the long barn to get a better look at the town only to get shot at by another guy proned on the flat industrial. I managed to run off and hide before coming back to kill roof guy, and as I shoot him yet another guy runs up on me to talk and trade. So after 2 days of seeing nobody I just happen to log into Vybor with 4 people mixing it up. This game sometimes...

• Like 3

Players can steal items from tent but not tent.

Players actually CAN steal tents. A friend of mine pitched his tent and i packed it (while he was in there).  ^_^

• Like 1