Sign in to follow this  
Baseborn

Even when they say "no shooting on site"...

I love how clan servers will post rules about shooting on site and then proceed to break them all.

• Like 1

I used to own a server, admins have zero power to enforce these rules... All they can do is kick players by their name, if they don't know your in-game name then they could be kicking the wrong person... Even if they know your name and kick you off, you can change your name and rejoin and they would be none the wiser lol

There's no form of IP kick/ban yet like the mod has, so if you see a server name like "PVE only! No KOS or ban", chances are you will still the victim of bandits :)

First of all, as mentioned they have no way to enforce those rules in any meaningful way.  Second, they CAN'T enforce such rules without risking their server getting taken away.  Public servers (and that's ALL we have right now) have rules that they must follow or else (Must include game version in server name somewhere, No Anti-PVP rules, no mods, no passworded servers, ect)

Edited by BigMike

I am well aware that server rules can't be enforced. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of a -clan- setting -clan- rules on their -clan- server and then not following their very own -clan- rules. That is all.

I've always found the server names to be hilarious. True story: the least-friendly server I was ever in carried the name "DayZ Make Friends and Have Fun!" :p

• Like 1

I've always found the server names to be hilarious. True story: the least-friendly server I was ever in carried the name "DayZ Make Friends and Have Fun!" :P

This is so true. It's counterintuitive to name your server as friendly. You're pretty much guaranteed to attract all the SoS people as they flock to troll the real friendlies.