Sign in to follow this  
ceegiee

New Features in Humanity system

My and another player suggestion:

1. More humane from killing bandits is killing zombies who are aggroing another people.
    In my and another DayZ stories one of the best emotional actions was when I was defended another people from zombies,after that I felt fulfillment and satisfied but I don't get any reward except the word of thanks from the survivior. When, I thought "that is more humane than killing bandits !".
    When we defend another player from zombies we raise a big risk, we felt big emotions - this situation should be rewarded. This system could be cause epic situation when, bandit who don't be no longer bandit could be defend us - this happening could introduce more moral ambiguity to the game. Amount of rewarded humanity points must be adjust to shape of gameplay.

2. Killing bandits with - humanity points should be also rewarded but killing bandits with + humanity points not. It is also symptom of moral ambiguity, after killing this bandit we don't gain humanity points and we can thinking "if killing this bandit was necessary?".

More moral ambiguity = more thinking = more involve = more emotions !

• Like 1

I fully support first statement, the second - as @upper user said- is already in game but it's not workin properly. ( no humanity at all )

how could this system make difference between bandits/heroes/bambies?

My proposal:

When we kill zombie who is aggroing survivors, heroes or bandits with + humanity  we can gain +10 Humanity.

When we kill zombie who is aggroing bandits with - humanity we gain no Humanity.

My proposal:

When we kill zombie who is aggroing survivors, heroes or bandits with + humanity  we can gain +10 Humanity.

When we kill zombie who is aggroing bandits with - humanity we gain no Humanity.

how does the system know who is bandit or survivor?

Mind you, game know who is bandit, who is survivor? Hive information?

Bandits are still people so I think it would be fair enough if that system worked for everyone, no matter how much humanity player has.

The biggest problem I had with the humanity system when playing hero was that you cannot really defend yourself against anyone except those with minus humanity without losing points of your own and the amount of effort required to keep hero status is really not worth it, Pitty because hero is a great way to play.

What I would like to see is some kind of incoming fire detection system which when activated locks humanity allowing you to return fire without becoming a raghead, I wonder if the suppression system could be modified to do this...

This would of course work for everyone, not just heros.

I do realize if implemented the above system *could* be open to exploitation, just an idea.

Edited by Mutagen_7B4

i think there should be levels for bandits and heroes maybe level 1-3 or 1-6. the bandit or heroe skin changes from level to level

As far as saying you play the 'hero' role or wish to attain hero status, I have to disagree with you that the need to defend yourself is a show of lack of tactics.

As a hero, I am able to either control the situation in a state that the other survivor is unarmed or is in a situation where it does not fit best for him to NOT COMPLY with orders given as a hero. Heroes are to only assist and not kill other survivors.

If it comes down to 'defending' oneself from another survivor, than you should be punished for you murder. A murder is still a murder. Even in the eyes of having one standing their own grounds or being fired upon. I argue the point that you should not allow yourself to be in a situation that you risk yourself. If you must shoot, it should either to kill another bandit or to cause warning to another survivor to run away, however the latter rarely works, so I just observe and not let myself become a victim of either DEATH and NEGATIVE Humanity loss.

Your playing style dictates to shoot and kill, that isn't being a hero. The amount of reserve you need to not kill another survivor is high and should be as it is currently.

Another thing I noticed is that you mention killing bandits with POSITIVE humanity should not give you points. I don't understand this as being a bandit entails you are below the -2000 threshold. There is no positive humanity bandit. >-2000 are survivors.

I may agree with the ability of killing zombies giving you humanity, but this should be VERY LOW, like 0.5 to each zombie. Farming humanity was already a problem with the pre-1.8.0 blood bagging farming. Heroes were there to confuse the community when they kill survivors.

Another thing I agree is the ranking/stages of bandits. Different skins would be nice. This would also help identify newbs who "defended" but are still friendly. Hardcore bandits should have a distinct skin, like the hero skin, to give pride in the art of banditry.

I respect banditry. But I follow a different ROE than most players in vanilla that believes killing survivors is a last ditch resort to a campaign or mission that ranks higher than humanity, like resources and vehicles. This is my opinion and a few others I know of.

• Like 2

Hold on.. is a "humanity" system in the Mod... and you guys are ok with it ? So why is such a big problem in the Standalone ? I know is probably off-topic... but... i just curious about it...

You should not be punished for being forced to defend yourself period. Someone gets the drop on you and shoots there is no room for tactics, it's a split second simple choice, either take the hits or shoot back.

@Deanzphx 

i agree with all! i respect Heroes but im a bandit and i hate it i mean you cannot see if the bandit ist a newbie or not. i would love to see a bandit skin full of blood :D

made a prototype fot the levels by myself 

qDGoAW9.png9rgBD47.png

Edited by Vis3c
  • Like 1

You should not be punished for being forced to defend yourself period. Someone gets the drop on you and shoots there is no room for tactics, it's a split second simple choice, either take the hits or shoot back.

You should just run away or take the hit, if you are a survivor/hero. Let them take the humanity hit. If they are bandit, you should fight.  The more bandits in the barrel, the better your odds of keeping humanity.  I kill my fair share of survivors, but I still work on keeping my humanity up.

Hold on.. is a "humanity" system in the Mod... and you guys are ok with it ? So why is such a big problem in the Standalone ? I know is probably off-topic... but... i just curious about it...

People playing Standalone didn't play mod before hand.  This is where it is a big problem.  The history and experience of mod players didn't carry over to the standalone.  That's why Vanilla Mod is still alive because standalone is still a shit alpha compared to the mod.

• Like 1

No humanity system. It's done. Clothing and behaviour is your only point of reference...welcome to DayZ

Edited by Trizzo