spectralio

Berezino hospital

Hey,

I've looked around on the internet when i reached berezino cause my screen is getting white-ish (losing blood?).  And it said i could find medical supplies in the hospital.

I went there but I am unable to locate the 2 boxes (on the roof and at the base of the ladder) where they should spawn.  No box is there at all, it's not like someone picked it empty before me or anything.  Inside the building i find some charcoil tabs, syringe and vitamins but no first aid kid or bood bags.

Are these not spawning anymore or?

What boxes ? First aid kits ? Loot in this game spawns pretty much randomly, so there is no such thing as "they should spawn there" but rather "they might spawn there".

Boxes don't spawn in DayZ standalone. I think what happened is you looked up on the internet for health items at the hospital, and you got search results from the DayZ MOD. 

but my chances of finding a first aid kid in the hospital should be higher right? even in the standalone?

My screen is looking very pale right now, makes it hard to spot things.  I could use a blood bag

Or you could drink and eat a lot until you start healing. 

Also the blood bag is empty when you find it, so what will you fill it with ?

Best things you can do:

1. Find and use a saline bag (need help from another player to do that, if I'm not mistaken).

2. Find a blood bag. Problem with that is, that you need a donator who has the same blood type.

3. Eat and drink a lot. (If you get stuffed message you have to wait a bit.)

You will get energized and hydrated (dark green status). Eat more and it will get light green. At that point your blood will regenerate quite fast. You will get healing status and finally healthy status.

I hardly need saline/blood bags, because the first thing I do is to get healthy.

Edit: Way too slow. Hate to type on the phone.

Edited by too-easy

i just found a first aid kit with indeed an empty blood bag in it.  I was hoping blood bags would be filled, hospitals do contain blood banks in real life don't they ;).

Also it says my leg is painfull, but i'm still able to run, how do i heal this?  I just close down the game very quickly again always cause this blurry white-ish screen is giving me a headache.  And outside the hospital are a lot of zombies waiting which i do not want to face with so little blood left ..

Ok thanks for the reply.  I have too little food on me to get to status energized probably and no water at all.  Guess only thing left for me is to try and face the zombies with little blood and find some food and a water pump

i just found a first aid kit with indeed an empty blood bag in it.  I was hoping blood bags would be filled, hospitals do contain blood banks in real life don't they ;).

Also it says my leg is painfull, but i'm still able to run, how do i heal this?  I just close down the game very quickly again always cause this blurry white-ish screen is giving me a headache.  And outside the hospital are a lot of zombies waiting which i do not want to face with so little blood left ..

Saline and blood bags require a second player to administer them to you. Fix "my leg is painful" with either morphine or a splint(combine sticks/rags) Sticks can be scavenged for in the woods on the ground using the scroll wheel menu.

you might need tetracyclene antibiotics too.  sometimes injuries get you infected and you won't start healing until you deal with that.

you might need tetracyclene antibiotics too.  sometimes injuries get you infected and you won't start healing until you deal with that.

I'm pretty confident that wounds can't be infected at this time.

Or you could drink and eat a lot until you start healing. 

Also the blood bag is empty when you find it, so what will you fill it with ?

Erm fill it with blood perhaps?

Erm fill it with blood perhaps?

Oh right...

Why haven't I thought of that, he's low on blood and on his own. And he is going to fill the blood bag with blood. Tell me where is he going to get the blood from ? Take it from himself and than transfuse himself ? Sounds logical. 

I'm pretty confident that wounds can't be infected at this time.

Correct. No infected wounds in game.

Oh right...

Why haven't I thought of that, he's low on blood and on his own. And he is going to fill the blood bag with blood. Tell me where is he going to get the blood from ? Take it from himself and than transfuse himself ? Sounds logical. 

Sorry but you said what will he fill a blood bag with. Stupid question gets a stupid answer.

• Like 1

There is a market for food and a water pump 30 seconds away from the hospital in Berezino, stick around there.  There is a 2nd market down the hill to the east of your position as well. 

Do you have a can opener?

Sorry but you said what will he fill a blood bag with. Stupid question gets a stupid answer.

Really ? Forgive for not making my question idiot proof. 

Because what my question was asking was where is he going to get blood for the blood bag. It only required a small amount of brain power to arrive at that. But it seems I expected too much. 

Edited by General Zod

If it gets really bad you can try the stickied topic here to get a medic to help you:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/160262-need-medical-assistance-in-dayz-sa-find-your-medic-here/

TMW can patch you up good and give you some good advice while their at it.

Personally, I don't like the hospital very much. It's very big and noticeable, snipers love it, random players are drawn to it, and it takes too long to loot given that there's just a few items spread throughout a large building. Personally I prefer the blue clinic buildings; you can find one in berezino near the police station(tan building with a some on top. The blue clinic is a lot smaller and usually has more medical supplies.

As someone else said the nearby supermarket and water pump can help get you hydrated and energized which will slowly replying your blood and health.

Blood bags need to be filled up with someone elses blood, you can't take your own blood. Also you can't apply a filled blood bag to yourself, you can only give apply the blood to someone else. Also there's the different blood types, so.... Yeah blood bags are a little complicated to use effectively for your own use. They're mostly for medics to run around givin people 0- blood :)

For more info on the health system check out Meirno's videos.

Edited by Phoenix777