SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.47 Discussion

Now notice the difference just a few steps makes :P

Please try with fireplace.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I saw 1 in Lopatino.

PS.

Killed 1 in Stary Sobor too, new one respawned 1 second later and aggroed from 600 meters. And then again and again

and again

had this problem in 0.46 its an old problem. 

(i actually liked to have tons of zombies chasing me XD)

Without giving the game away, I didn't notice the proximity alert despite players being close by. Hopefully it's gone forever.

• Like 2

So whoever just killed me on Exp. SouthCentral..0-4 I think it was, regular full server.. in Novy.. I mean

KUDOS!

I was running full sprint in a field out in the open.. one shot, "YOU ARE DEAD." and I heard an odd thunk sound that made me think it was an arrow that killed me.. or audio bug?

Anyhow, Im sure he wont come across this but I wish I could have said good job. Its too bad I had like nothing on me and was basically a fresh spawn with a kitchen knife and an orange rain coat on.. but oh well, Im sure my gear was the least of his concerns after that ragdoll of mine.. downhill, full sprint.. Im sure it was hilarious! :D

hey you might make it into a youtube vid - would love to see the ragdoll from a full sprint.

• Like 1

Hopefully the dymanic lighting will be updated with the new engine soon enough!  and we can see the red flares from miles away

• Like 1

If you're looking to have some fun with rag doll, kill a zombie when it's stuck in the floor. They pop up out of the floor and then flop down onto the ground. Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it. Now it's comic relief :)

Seriously... in 0.47 almost every hit by zeds results in bleeding and heavy clothes damage, the zeds spawn like spam, you can only move like a retard... in addition with the lags and low fps in towns (zeds still hits you after they should be dead long ago) the whole thing is just a waste. Waste of rags, clothes and play time... lol.

Seriously... in 0.47 almost every hit by zeds results in bleeding and heavy clothes damage, the zeds spawn like spam, you can only move like a retard... in addition with the lags and low fps in towns (zeds still hits you after they should be dead long ago) the whole thing is just a waste. Waste of rags, clothes and play time... lol.

I seriously only found like 5 zombies in 3 hours. where have you been walking?

Also: I love the Spidermonkeys!

Edited by basinox
  • Like 2

There are zombies in this game?

cSGCt6R.jpg

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 7

I seriously only found like 5 zombies in 3 hours. where have you been walking?

Cherno and Electro^^ Balota AF wasn't that horrible like both towns.

Edit: Of course only if the towns are completely unlooted, means you are the first in town.  

Btw, for ppl who didn't see a MP5 Mag yet, here how it looks like:

2014-07-04_00007rqkbn.jpg 2014-07-04_00005apsol.jpg

There are zombies in this game?

Hehe, nice one :)

Edited by Sharplooter

I have a fix for this, go to crouch then hit the hotbar, should equip no problem after that.  Once equipped you can stand.  My issue is a I can't sprint with a weapon in "ready".  It always goes back to walk.

At the military jail in the new village my legs were broken twice on the second floor for no apparent reason.  I was walking around the barracks room up stairs when it would happen.  Very annoying.

I have also noticed what appears to be a newish glitch with the tool bar.  I'll hit 3 which is a pistol say, my hands will reach back, the animation will cancel but instead of showing fists when I go to the ready it show empty hands holding a rifle.  When it is a melee weapon like an axe same thing, the empty hands are up as if holding an axe.

https://twitter.com/24VictorKane/status/484638810429739009

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=13602

and

http://np.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/29tt77/what_happened_to_movement_controls_in_experimental/

Edit: Gotcha. It's not been reverted, but altered once again. It was indeed better before.

see the links above and thanks for seeing that im not just a moany guy, i usually dont have much to moan about, but this issue needs to be at least talked about, and in my opinion totally reverted

So for me the game is just amazingly smoother.. every action seems to be working much better. Things like moving quickly indoors, and going up flights of stairs quickly dont make me feel like Im getting sick because of the jumpiness of it all.. Now its just all smoooth baby. Did notice some FPS increases, no spikes down in any way, but I run my game with no shadows so that may be keeping me from getting that shadow FPS hit that was mentioned on the change logs for stable (im assuming problem persists in exp.). 

Knocking a Zed is just hilarious now.. Im just having fun punching and running right now as a freshie.. Also I must say, I sort of like the non-sprint crouch thing and the same with weapons drawn.. its just a bug anyhow Im sure so it does not matter, but I dont mind it either way. Easy to adapt to for now..

and is it just me or does the game once again just look better graphically?

movement issues are not glitched, but fully intended see above links and upvote if you can be bothered, thanks

Just the Pilotka Cap, but it seems a bit to small to look good or realistic imho:

2014-07-04_000023qjs9.jpg

2014-07-04_00003nrkkj.jpg

Btw, the fact I can only sprint fast or walk damn slowy with raised melee weapons like an axe made me feel like a retard. And this is the first time ever that a game makes me feel like a retard. I really hope this is a bug and not intended, otherwise I am speechless...

Edit: I have no problem if I can't jogging with raised guns anymore, but no jogging with axe or other melee weapons would be a bad... no wait... a ridiculous idea. Game flow and fairness (against zombies) suffers, especially because the zombies are still hitting you despite you killed them a second before...

and another person im glad feels the same, again see my links above please :)

zombie strength would be less of an issue if the controls werent completely working against you in every way as well. again see links above and add to the situation with your thoughts

again thanks all

• Like 2

Please try with fireplace.

Thank you.

For Science! Will do asap ;)

Thats odd, because I did not experience that at all? I killed many, many Zeds.. the first 10 or so with my fists.. then I beat the hell out a bunch with my little hammer, saved a fresh spawn just south of Berezino with it too.. gonna put a video up of me hammering the shit out of a pair of blondes in 3 Valleys.. I got hit so many times while I was messing around attacking them, and I never once had a huge issue with it. I bleed twice in all the hits I took, and it did not damage my items either times..

Cherno and Electro^^ Balota AF wasn't that horrible like both towns.

Edit: Of course only if the towns are completely unlooted, means you are the first in town.  

The was actually the path I was following as well.. I made it to balota before logging out. Im not sure what you were experiencing but were you getting like hit A LOT or do you have more to elaborate on? Ive heard a few people talk about non-stop damage and bleeding but only a few so maybe its a bug in a way? 

Edited by lrish

The 4 buildings at the camp at 109 019 that were new to the last update and that you could run through the walls are now completely solid. You can go through the first doorway but the door into the halls is unable to be opened at the moment.

Edited by Racket

Can I suggest for anyone uploading pictures to use a site which isn't full or popups please!

• Like 2

I've been hit a lot more in .47 which is due to moving slower with my mellee weapon raised. It's annoying, but it's forced me to aim better. I do hope they fix player movement.

The only time I was spammed by Zeus was when I was running around cherno like an idiot.

Just the Pilotka Cap, but it seems a bit to small to look good or realistic imho:

2014-07-04_000023qjs9.jpg

2014-07-04_00003nrkkj.jpg

Btw, the fact I can only sprint fast or walk damn slowy with raised melee weapons like an axe made me feel like a retard. And this is the first time ever that a game makes me feel like a retard. I really hope this is a bug and not intended, otherwise I am speechless...

Edit: I have no problem if I can't jogging with raised guns anymore, but no jogging with axe or other melee weapons would be a bad... no wait... a ridiculous idea. Game flow and fairness (against zombies) suffers, especially because the zombies are still hitting you despite you killed them a second before...

All the headgear looks too small in this game IMO except the motor bike helmet and the cowboy hat

I've been hit a lot more in .47 which is due to moving slower with my mellee weapon raised. It's annoying, but it's forced me to aim better. I do hope they fix player movement.

The only time I was spammed by Zeus was when I was running around cherno like an idiot.

you got spammed by ZEUS, lol i didnt realise greek gods were in yet <3

but yeh about the player move ment stuff see my feedback related threads

here;

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=13602

http://np.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/29tt77/what_happened_to_movement_controls_in_experimental/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/202040-movement-controls-detrimental-to-gameplay-in-047-patch/

• Like 1

The only time I was spammed by Zeus...

Arma 3 player? =)))

Can't wait for this to hit stable. Ragdoll looks pretty good.

Got hit 6 times in by a zombie, didn't get any damaged clothes, or items, and did not bleed. It's random mate.

• Like 1

Without giving the game away, I didn't notice the proximity alert despite players being close by. Hopefully it's gone forever.

Yup, I noticed that too. It's a nice change actually, I noticed myself becoming far too reliant on the game letting me know when someone was close.

Today I found mp5 by luck with all attachments and mag. Im in svetlojarsk -police station sicne morning I killed nearly 20 people. (innocent ones, fresh ones). Bad news is my leg get broken for no reason ? by the way I should say this mp5 AWESOME !

I think the rag doll physics is absolutely pointless and to some extent is just cheap.

When they announced the rag doll physics i was expecting something like GTAV style, but these physics are so unrealistic.

I would much rather they went back and touched up on all the things that is stopping this game from coming out of pre-alpha like;

- Zombies running through walls

- No mags in hand when reloading

Its the little things that matter, and this game has been in pre alpha for just under a year and yet it seems like they are adding pointless stuff just to keep the community happy

Wouldn't you guys be happy if you could play the game at high specs and walk into berenzino and not lag ?

Wouldn't you rather everything be running smooth and perfect other than just adding pointless stuff into the game ?

• Like 1

I can no longer start sprinting while in crouch position. Why, devs? WHY?

Did you ever try sprinting in crouched position IRL?

I think the rag doll physics is absolutely pointless and to some extent is just cheap.

When they announced the rag doll physics i was expecting something like GTAV style, but these physics are so unrealistic.

I would much rather they went back and touched up on all the things that is stopping this game from coming out of pre-alpha like;

- Zombies running through walls

- No mags in hand when reloading

Its the little things that matter, and this game has been in pre alpha for just under a year and yet it seems like they are adding pointless stuff just to keep the community happy

Wouldn't you guys be happy if you could play the game at high specs and walk into berenzino and not lag ?

Wouldn't you rather everything be running smooth and perfect other than just adding pointless stuff into the game ?

There are multiple teams working on different aspects of the game, so a gun such as the AKM or MP5k is of course going to be produced faster than for example implementing Dx11 or Navmesh