XeL

Small Chernarus

Will Chernarus expand?
I know that there is still a lot of work to be done on the map, and that there will be a lot more towns and such later on (or at least I imagine so) But some people complain that the map is too big...^
Honestly, I think it's pretty small!!! And with vehicles around it would be almost a joke to get to from one place to another.

So my question is this; Will the map get bigger?? I heard someone mention it, but I don't know if that's just a myth or legit.

Maybe in the North or West- a few Kilometer more? :emptycan:

345im88.jpg

• Like 3

This is a valid point.  It takes almost no time AT ALL to traverse the entirety of the map.  I would like to see it expanded, with more PvE opportunities available to the players.

• Like 4

It is not that map is small.

It is that the players are moving 30km/h. Players are basically the vechicles fueled by canned food and water.

Vechicles are already in game and everyone is a vechicle.

• Like 15

map is too small??

ok go away and play another game with a bigger map

map is too small??

The map *feels* small.

And it's hard for it to  not *feel* small when you can outrun a deer and keep on doing that for hours.

PS.

Players are so fast and have such stamina that they had to change zombies from walkers to cheetach sprinters that can go 80km/h to be somehow a threat.

PPS.

And zombies are another story, they are so fast that when they accelerate downhill they kill themselves instantly from the impact.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 2

The map *feels* small.

And it's hard for it to  not *feel* small when you can outrun a deer and keep on doing that for hours.

PS.

Players are so fast and have such stamina that they had to change zombies from walkers to cheetach sprinters that can go 80km/h to be somehow a threat.

i dotn think the map feels small.

i agree that players run too fast.

this game has amazing and biggest map, and someone coming on forums complaining they think map is too small is a joke in my view.

this game has amazing and biggest map, and someone coming on forums complaining they think map is too small is a joke in my view.

Well the map will feel small for people that played DayZ mod.

Players in Standalone are like 4 times faster then they were in the mod.

It is like you are on the bike the whole time in Standalone.

• Like 1

No. The map IS small, to what is possible. Even if it's the greatest in a game right now, it CAN be bigger and it WILL be bigger. Today there was a post with 6 things and I remember dean said he wants that you can travel from 1 map to another, maybe the will just add it instead of different servers like in the mod.

Well the map will feel small for people that played DayZ mod.

Players in Standalone are like 4 times faster then they were in the mod.

It is like you are on the bike the whole time in Standalone.

like i already said i agree we run too fast.

the point i am making is that the scale of dayz and the amount of structures, totally pisses on any other pc game.

any complaint about "chenarus is too small, make it bigger" is senseless to me

I'd hate them to tone down the speed of the running. There's nothing more boring than having to get through a forest or whatever and doint it slowly would be horrible.

• Like 1

No. The map IS small, to what is possible. Even if it's the greatest in a game right now, it CAN be bigger and it WILL be bigger. Today there was a post with 6 things and I remember dean said he wants that you can travel from 1 map to another, maybe the will just add it instead of different servers like in the mod.

no?

what are you talking about "no?"

you just agreed that its the biggest map in a  pc game, and of course with more work it could, (as anything could) be bigger, and when it is developed more and if it is made bigger, that will ba amazing.

complaining that it is currently too small is what  i think is senseless. liek i said, if you think dayz sa map is too small, go play a game that you think has a better map.

complaining that it is currently too small is what  i think is senseless. liek i said, if you think dayz sa map is too small, go play a game that you think has a better map.

You have to be talkin' about minecraft, biggest map ev3r! i love minecraft add me on youtub mcdayzlp2001

Joke aside, I wasn't the guy who made this thread but I want to support his opinion, hoping that it will be noticed and the devs know that the players are expecting a bigger map.

Once you actually have to drink after a sprint, eat more / find less food, while needing more if you walk faster the map will feel bigger. Right now it is small, 30 minutes from south to north. That's nothing, also because there's nothing to do on the way, no threats or something worth the break. Just place something heavy on W....

I'd hate them to tone down the speed of the running. There's nothing more boring than having to get through a forest or whatever and doint it slowly would be horrible.

Well... let me picture it.

Current players speed in Standalone is 30km/h. Keep in mind 30km/h players speed.

Now the off-road speed of DayZ mod Skoda car is 21-24km/h (91km/h on road). GAZ car off-road road speed is 27km/h (104km/h on road). Tractor off-road speed is 39km/h and finnaly the Old Bike off-road speed is 44km/h

Players are faster then cars. And are never getting tired.

Edited by Frosti

You have to be talkin' about minecraft, biggest map ev3r! i love minecraft add me on youtub mcdayzlp2001

Joke aside, I wasn't the guy who made this thread but I want to support his opinion, hoping that it will be noticed and the devs know that the players are expecting a bigger map.

Once you actually have to drink after a sprint, eat more / find less food, while needing more if you walk faster the map will feel bigger. Right now it is small, 30 minutes from south to north. That's nothing, also because there's nothing to do on the way, no threats or something worth the break. Just place something heavy on W....

we have a totally different view on the game. i think this game is good with lots to do already. i dotn run across teh map and dotn see any need to do it ever, unles i wana meet my regular mode friends, but of course thats not even playing the game properly, running across the map to meet people.

i see the amazing map with all its detail, and massive scale, much bigger and better than any other map in any game.

and then i see topics like this , complaining about the scale.

i have nothing more to add here cause  i already typed my views, my original point stands, while it will be nice if map is 'even' bigger. if anyone thinks dayz is small, go look at the scale in other games.

ps yeah i do like minecraft hardcore survival mode 1 player, id say its almost on par with stalker and dayz for immersion. 1 of teh best games ever probably.

we have a totally different view on the game. i think this game is good with lots to do already. i dotn run across teh map and dotn see any need to do it ever, unles i wana meet my regular mode friends, but of course thats not even playing the game properly, running across the map to meet people.

i see the amazing map with all its detail, and massive scale, much bigger and better than any other map in any game.

and then i see topics like this , complaining about the scale.

i have nothing more to add here cause  i already typed my views, my original point stands, while it will be nice if map is 'even' bigger. if anyone thinks dayz is small, go look at the scale in other games.

ps yeah i do like minecraft hardcore survival mode 1 player, id say its almost on par with stalker and dayz for immersion. 1 of teh best games ever probably.

Ok jeah MC really rules, but nobody wants to admit it nowadays with all those 11 year old letsplayers and the image they created.

You got me wrong, I like the map, and I am always flattered when I spot one of the new places, but I play since the mod and therefore I know most things. Right now, they add new things in every patch, which is great. I can explore them. But I don't want this to stop, therefore I support the idea of new places, for example an island, a very gigantic forest, a huuuuge lake, high mountains etc. I want there to be things to explore even in 2 years. And for the scale, other games like Skyrim (not sure how much smaller the map is) still gives more to explore while traveling. (Yes I know it's a complete different game, but with zombies everywhere and no more sprinting all the time, it will get better)

ps: You always have to add something in a nice conversation like this :D)

Edited by Nesuma

If they add in a stamina system, that will help make the map feel smaller atleast. But to answer your question they do have plans to expand the map in two ways. Just taking the map and add more stuff to it or walking to the end and you transition to another server and the rest of the map.

I don´t know about a full city/town/village run but it´s easy to spent tons of hours to explore the map. It´s not that small it´s just a bit empty. Once we have more animals, players(100p server) and working ZEDs the map won´t feel so small any more. Vehicles are pretty much deathtraps imho but everyone their own toy. :D

I for myself trying to explore the complete map, putting up landmarks again and explore escape routes, ambushes and all sort of shit. For now it feels like you go to a region and come back several years later because they are adding so many roads, buildings and polishing everything. 

Ok jeah MC really rules, but nobody wants to admit it nowadays with all those 11 year old letsplayers and the image they created.

You got me wrong, I like the map, and I am always flattered when I spot one of the new places, but I play since the mod and therefore I know most things. Right now, they add new things in every patch, which is great. I can explore them. But I don't want this to stop, therefore I support the idea of new places, for example an island, a very gigantic forest, a huuuuge lake, high mountains etc. I want there to be things to explore even in 2 years. And for the scale, other games like Skyrim (not sure how much smaller the map is) still gives more to explore while traveling. (Yes I know it's a complete different game, but with zombies everywhere and no more sprinting all the time, it will get better)

ps: You always have to add something in a nice conversation like this :D)

i dont think i got you wrong at all.  i undersdtood what u said and replied to it. you said you run across th map in 30 minutes jamming the w key, i said that i am playing teh game in a differnt way. in my view sprinting across the map is a pointless way to play.

as you say, its possible to cross the map in fast time, this is because of running speed, not because of a small map.

i have also played since mod, although i dont rate the mod, compared to standalone. i respect and understand how much of an achievement the standalone is even in ist current state, and i do not get bored, i am not running out of things to do, this game is what you make of it.

of course everyone would like a bigger world, it goes without saying, but being happy to see a larger map, and complaining that chenarus is "too small" are different things.

i duno why you try to compare dayz to skyrim, as i said, we are playing a different game, you can play your  boring full map sprints with 'no exploring options' , ill play my open world tactical movement simulator on this massive and extremely detailed map, and appreciate every kilometer of it 

Edited by qww

map is too small??

Don't push at him....after all the map isn't so big. consider that if you are on west side of the map on a 40/40 server there's still a chance of 50% to meet someone there, and it's not a very travelled place.

If the map is really high and the game is survival/horror, the chances to meet someone shall go down more and more.

Edited by GunnyITA

Don't push at him....after all the map isn't so big. consider that if you are on west side of the map on a 40/40 server there's still a chance of 50% to meet someone there, and it's not a very travelled place.

If the map is really high and the game is survival/horror, the chances to meet someone shall go down more and more.

i have no idea what you are talking about.

the map is massive,

Will Chernarus expand?

I know that there is still a lot of work to be done on the map, and that there will be a lot more towns and such later on (or at least I imagine so) But some people complain that the map is too big...^

Honestly, I think it's pretty small!!! And with vehicles around it would be almost a joke to get to from one place to another.

So my question is this; Will the map get bigger?? I heard someone mention it, but I don't know if that's just a myth or legit.

Maybe in the North or West- a few Kilometer more? :emptycan:

Whether the map is to big or small is entirely dependent on the number of players on the map. If the map was twice as big...cars and choppers would be make more sense. Traveling would require planning etc...which could be interesting.

Been playing this map on and off since alpha, and im pretty much tired of the whole map now...and kinda disappointed by knowing that a second map wont be in the pipeline for a long time :(. They can add cars, housing etc etc....its still the same boring Chernarus map :P

Thing is....when u start to know the map to well...u start to travel the same routes that u know....and this just makes the map feel even smaller and more repetetive

Edited by svisketyggeren

i have no idea what you are talking about.

the map is massive,

No...it's small! :D

No...it's small! :D

ok so name a larger map in a multiplayer fps

ok so name a larger map in a multiplayer fps

About this point you are right and there's no other choices and names.

But imagine when vehicles will be up: if now will you take 15 mins to run from Berezino to Elektro, now it will be like 5 mins.

And it's not over...even small towns extreme west chernarus will be populated. This means, any corner of the map will have higher chances to have someone nearby,

This doesn't means "Bad", but it is just to say how much little is the map and how much easy it is to encouter someone

Edited by GunnyITA

Players should run slower, then you can enjoy the scenery more :).

Anyway would love if norther borders were expanded and we got some mountain ranges, valleys, snow, maybe blizzards etc!

Also hypothermia could happen...oh that would be something.