Sign in to follow this  
svisketyggeren

1st person cameraview is to low

So I noticed today that the windows in the game are to high up...or my cameraview in 1st person is too low. I feel like a 5 year old that barely can peak out the window.

Would be nice if the cameraview was raised a notch or two.

Edited by svisketyggeren
  • Like 10

Actually the characters are way too big and or the buildings are too small. :P

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
  • Like 3

Actually the characters are way to big and or the buildings are too small. :P

Lol in some buildings you have to crouch to pass trough a door.

Yes I noticed it too. It is impossible to shoot through window, because your gun is in a way. Also hard to look around. While leaning back into a solid wall works like a charm.

So I noticed today that the windows in the game are to high up...or my cameraview in 1st person is too low. I feel like a 5 year old that barely can peak out the window.

Would be nice if the cameraview was raised a notch or two.

This is becouse in 1pp mode camera is not in eyes of your character but in the lowest part of the neck.

PS.

Arma games (and so DayZ) were not intended to play in 1pp only but to switch 1pp and 3pp while needed this is also why.

Also hard to look around

Yeah in 1pp mode you have to swing your mouse around alot to do thing that on 3pp server takes just 2 mouse moves.

That's why playing on hardcore is very tiring in a long run.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

I've always felt a bit midgety in first, i think it was Gews who said the height was at about 5 foot 7 inches ? I'm 6'2 but i didn't think 5'7 would have been that short.

• Like 1

There are many things wrong with 1PP. That said it's infinitely preferable to the easy "cuddly console" mode that is 3PP.

I've always felt a bit midgety in first, i think it was Gews who said the height was at about 5 foot 7 inches ? I'm 6'2 but i didn't think 5'7 would have been that short.

Actually hardcore server are kinda like being a manlet simulator :D

• Like 4

What really bugs me about the placement of the cameraview is that the whole element of scouting out a window in a building kinda..eh flies out the window. That tactical element of the game dosent work....its like peaking around a wall, imagine if that didnt work in game.

How hard could it be to raise the cameraview a notch??

Wanna raise up this topic again...

I really like playing in first person, but the camera view seriously is too low! I run besides bushes, train tracks or whatever, and I feel like a child, grass growing up to my head... And no, from a bit of a distance that grass does not look high compared to other things.

Any chance this gets acknowledged or even fixed any time?

I agree that it feels too low.  Makes the game too clostrophobic in 1PP.  Can we dial down the breathing while we are at it in 1PP?  I dont like having a sex pest heavy breathing right in my ear all the time.

This is a permanent bug-bear for me. The inability to properly interact with windows removes a large part of the stealth aspect of having buildings you can enter.

It's not so much that the FPS view is too low, although there is something off about it and I think it's the windows being too high, it's because there is a large collision box surrounding windows. Worse still is trying to get close to the window with a weapon in your hand.

• Like 1

Yeah shooting from windows is insanely hard. Only if a target is like 100 meters away. Anything closer and you will hit the dam windows or a wall whatever.

Yeah might be thats an issue as well, but I also feel "too short" otherwise, when just running around outside, not only in combination with buildings. Just feels the camera is at chest height...

This is becouse in 1pp mode camera is not in eyes of your character but in the lowest part of the neck.

PS.

Arma games (and so DayZ) were not intended to play in 1pp only but to switch 1pp and 3pp while needed this is also why.

Yeah in 1pp mode you have to swing your mouse around alot to do thing that on 3pp server takes just 2 mouse moves.

You can cite a source for all these claims, can you?

PS.

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

• Like 2

There are many things wrong with 1PP. That said it's infinitely preferable to the easy "cuddly console" mode that is 3PP.

Elitist bit much?

Elitist bit much?

Quoting posts from over 5 months ago. :lol:

I'm not elitist, 3PP mode is easier, there is simply no argument to be had on that. It lacks immersion for me and takes it from being a FPS to a console game like Laura Croft.

Edited by ricp
  • Like 1

I dislike 1pp because I feel as though I'm playing the game looking through a camera in my chest, or in some cases where building dimensions are really off I feel like I'm looking through the eye of my penis.

Quoting posts from over 5 months ago. :lol:

I'm not elitist, lamecore mode is easier, there is simply not argument to be had. 

You just contradicted yourself. Acting like the way you play is better than everyone else (aka 70% or so of the playerbase), makes you an elitist and a douche. Instead of constantly flaunting it, why don't you just simply state "I play 1pp" instead of "fuck you, I play 1pp and I'm better than everyone else".

• Like 3

I dislike 1pp because I feel as though I'm playing the game looking through a camera in my chest, or in some cases where building dimensions are really off I feel like I'm looking through the eye of my penis.

There are definitely problems with the 1PP viewpoint. Your body size seems out of proportions with stuff. You are too tall for the doorway, yet too short for the windows. 

I'll be honest I am not sure how they fix that as it would surely involve changing lots of things, as much as I would love them to do some work on it.

You just contradicted yourself. Acting like the way you play is better than everyone else (aka 70% or so of the playerbase), makes you an elitist and a douche. Instead of constantly flaunting it, why don't you just simply state "I play 1pp" instead of "fuck you, I play 1pp and I'm better than everyone else".

Who is flaunting it?

Plus Cap'n, you have read what you wanted read rather than what was written. I can only guess you feel uncomfortable or insecure for playing 3PP. That shouldn't be the case, but you should accept that it does make the game easier.

• Like 2