Sign in to follow this  
svisketyggeren

1st person cameraview is to low

You just contradicted yourself. Acting like the way you play is better than everyone else (aka 70% or so of the playerbase), makes you an elitist and a douche. Instead of constantly flaunting it, why don't you just simply state "I play 1pp" instead of "fuck you, I play 1pp and I'm better than everyone else".

I think you might have overshot here regarding any 1PP elitism.  I don't think ricp was being elitist.  He didn't say anything like "All you 3PP players are a bunch of noobs"

Take a breath

Edited by Beav

Who is flaunting it?

Plus Cap'n, you have read what you wanted read rather than what was written. I can only guess you feel uncomfortable or insecure for playing 3PP. That shouldn't be the case, but you should accept that it does make the game easier.

I was pointing out the obvious, that you prefer first person. Doesn't mean you have to act like you're any better than someone else. It's the same thing with PC vs Console, you support your platform, not be a passive aggressive asshole that acts like his preferred platform is any better.  And now you've thrown an insult towards me, which is just immature.

3pp players look at pixels differently. Big fucking deal.

• Like 1

Cap'n, its you thats making the issue here.  No-one cares about elitism, were talking about camera heights etc

Edited by Beav
  • Like 1

I think you might have overshot here regarding any 1PP elitism.  I don't think ricp was being elitist.  He didn't say anything like "All you 3PP players are a bunch of noobs"

Take a breath

Calling it lamecore alone is what I took issue with. All it is a different viewing method. Then he insulted me by saying I was insecure/uncomfortable for playing 3pp, when in reality 1pp has just as many problems as 3pp that need to be addressed (aka; viewing height, FOV, head bob).

You can't act like there isn't a certain degree of elitism within the 1pp community.

• Like 2

....I'm looking through the eye of my penis.

yea, its not always okey to look at ppl with ur penis eye

penis eye

• Like 2

And now you've thrown an insult towards me, which is just immature.

First, I have not insulted you in any way. Please read the comment I made. However from your reaction, it's clear my assumption is spot on. It doesn't in the slightest count as an insult though and to take it as such would be incorrect.

Secondly you have called me a douche and a passive aggressive asshole. So with all due respect you need to check your language.

Calling it lamecore alone is what I took issue with. All it is a different viewing method. Then he insulted me by saying I was insecure/uncomfortable for playing 3pp, when in reality 1pp has just as many problems as 3pp that need to be addressed (aka; viewing height, FOV, head bob).

You can't act like there isn't a certain degree of elitism within the 1pp community.

Lamecore is a term that long, long pre-dates DayZ. Just because you took umbrage at it is not really my fault. It derives from MoH:AA clan ladders where there were two variants of damage applied; softcore or hardcore. The former was commonly called lamecore. I have used this term for nigh on 15 years now, and to suggest I did it purely to rile you is quite something. Hopefully you can see the term as a valid antonym to hardcore and not so incendiary phrase aimed specifically at you. 

I repeat, you have read way too much into my comments, taken umbrage at a term of which you seem unaware of it's original context then gone on to claim I am insulting you while throwing around terms like "asshole" and "douche".

Finally I have on many occasion pointed out the flaws of 1PP, and have done so in this thread as well. 3PP makes the game easier, 1PP is flawed, I see no elitism in this viewpoint.

Now, how about a hug, big man?

Edited by ricp
  • Like 2

when was lamecore brought up?

This game has a serious proportion problem. Affects gameplay in may ways, no only these windows thing but your mobility in interiors could be A LOT better if things were proportional. I mean, look at this:

TIz73wX.jpg

9Dw69HY.jpg

anmLtM9.jpg

More beautifull examples here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209236-what-do-you-think-about-the-building-interiors-in-this-game/

I doubt they will fix anything related to this.

The problem is how to fix it? You need to fix every building created or amend the size of the character. Amend the size of the character and you'd still probably need to amend the buildings.

This game has a serious proportion problem. Affects gameplay in may ways, no only these windows thing but your mobility in interiors could be A LOT better if things were proportional. I mean, look at this:

TIz73wX.jpg

9Dw69HY.jpg

anmLtM9.jpg

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/209236-what-do-you-think-about-the-building-interiors-in-this-game/

The devs are aware of this as I reported this exact building to the bug tracker and it's been acknowledged.  If you truly doubt they will fix anything related to this why do you bother playing and posting?

• Like 1

TIz73wX.jpg

9Dw69HY.jpg

anmLtM9.jpg

Looks a bit like cranked up FOV? (fisheye effect)

And I only know of this one house and maybe 1 or 2 other doors that are too low and prevent entering a building. Do you have other pictures or housetypes that make problems?

Edited by JackinatorLP

Can we dial down the breathing while we are at it in 1PP?  I dont like having a sex pest heavy breathing right in my ear all the time.

Then slow down. That annoying sound isn't there to just to bother you. It's telling you that your avatar is tired, which has in game effects. 

• Like 1

Then slow down. That annoying sound isn't there to just to bother you. It's telling you that your avatar is tired, which has in game effects. 

Hehe so you walk Chenarus?

I'm not talking about the amount of breathing, its the volume.  Its much reduced in 3PP as the focal point of the sound is lower than the camera.

The only reason I don't play in 1p more is because it feels so damn claustrophobic. Cranking up the FOV only makes your gun look farther away and doesn't even remotely alleviate the claustrophobic feeling, which it should. Thats not even mentioning the host of other problems 1p in arma based games have that previous posts have listed.

Edited by Sirwarriant12

The devs are aware of this as I reported this exact building to the bug tracker and it's been acknowledged.  If you truly doubt they will fix anything related to this why do you bother playing and posting?

I doubt in the sense that I think its a very big problem present in almost every building in game. The building itself shows some scale problems as the objects inside of them too like chairs, ovens etc. So I belive its something really time consuming that most of the people doesn't really bother. I'm not saying that the devs can't or aren't capable of fixing this you see.

Looks a bit like cranked up FOV? (fisheye effect)

And I only know of this one house and maybe 1 or 2 other doors that are too low and prevent entering a building. Do you have other pictures or housetypes that make problems?

I can provide more pics if  you want, but if you put your fov high in a 3rd person server you will be able to see it for yourself. Since you will be looking at your whole character, its easier to compare it to the enviroment. Most of the buildings have this problem, some are not so bad but some others are really wierd, for example the house I posted in the second and third picture, every model of that house you can't use that door because it is tiny. Its interior is really cramped too, impossible for say, 2 people walk confortably inside of it.

Hehe so you walk Chenarus?

I'm not talking about the amount of breathing, its the volume.  Its much reduced in 3PP as the focal point of the sound is lower than the camera.

I move at a realistic pace. When traveling, I jog until my avatar starts breathing heavy then rest or walk. When looting, I walk everywhere unless moving over open ground between locations. I only sprint when I'm in danger.

If the volume bothers you, why not just turn your effects volume down? The relative volumes should remain the same though. It's hard to hear well over the sound of heavy breathing in real life and that is currently reflected in game.

• Like 3

This is becouse in 1pp mode camera is not in eyes of your character but in the lowest part of the neck.

PS.

Arma games (and so DayZ) were not intended to play in 1pp only but to switch 1pp and 3pp while needed this is also why.

Yeah in 1pp mode you have to swing your mouse around alot to do thing that on 3pp server takes just 2 mouse moves.

That's why playing on hardcore is very tiring in a long run.

I disagree with this. 3pp was a training mode to teach people who had never played games before, what their controls were doing to their avatar.

It was for tutorial purposes.

• Like 1

I doubt in the sense that I think its a very big problem present in almost every building in game. The building itself shows some scale problems as the objects inside of them too like chairs, ovens etc. So I belive its something really time consuming that most of the people doesn't really bother. I'm not saying that the devs can't or aren't capable of fixing this you see.

I can provide more pics if  you want, but if you put your fov high in a 3rd person server you will be able to see it for yourself. Since you will be looking at your whole character, its easier to compare it to the enviroment. Most of the buildings have this problem, some are not so bad but some others are really wierd, for example the house I posted in the second and third picture, every model of that house you can't use that door because it is tiny. Its interior is really cramped too, impossible for say, 2 people walk confortably inside of it.

at first i thought, maybe this type of house has sunken into the ground, but on your photos you see the foundation. mhm. but i think it's the only type of house that is built like this at the moment. maybe they fix it. or there will be a lot of danny devito impersonators in the future.

I absolutely agree with this thread, I am 6' 5" and even the grass seems like it is always to my chin. And windows are way to high.

If the view point is at the base of your neck how do the rear views over the shoulder end up looking correct?

SOLUTION:

ARMA 3 Stance changing. 

/thread

This - why don't they put this in! Every FPS should have switchable stances now and as it's already coded into Arma 3 by the same company, just sling it in DayZ already!

Wrong.

Wrong.

Wrong.

So wrong it's ridiculous but when you can just mmake anything up, why not go for it BIG STYLE lol

I dislike 1pp because I feel as though I'm playing the game looking through a camera in my chest, or in some cases where building dimensions are really off I feel like I'm looking through the eye of my penis.

There's nothing wrong with the 1pp but the buildings and vehicles are another matter entirely which BIS, even in Arma 3 seem to do fuck all about, and annoyingly so. If you have either Arma 2 or 3, just go and sit in a truck, passenger side and wonder why, when you turn your head to look out the window your eyes are level with the top of the window. In fact, it's a little higher meanging you can see out the window anything below the door, but trying to look out further is impossible and this shit has been going on since OFP, as well as the fucking windows - how the fuck can a company continually make shitty buildings that don't make any sense.

There's nothing wrong with the view, the problem is with everything else your av is placed inside and it's been going on way too long that it's just ridiculous now. Bohemia employees all live in houses where the windowsill starts with their nose - and nobody at BIS noticed this?????? COME ON!!!!! lol

There are definitely problems with the 1PP viewpoint. Your body size seems out of proportions with stuff. You are too tall for the doorway, yet too short for the windows. 

I'll be honest I am not sure how they fix that as it would surely involve changing lots of things, as much as I would love them to do some work on it.

No they need to fix it. Not only the windows but don't you feel the houses you walk into are somehow just weird. Like they're just a little too small or they're designed oddly - there's just something incredibly weird about every house I go inside except the barns, they just don't make sense. Next time you're in a house, think about the layout and how it would feel if you were there RL and had to live in it oh and BIS, start fixing this shit!

The only reason I don't play in 1p more is because it feels so damn claustrophobic. Cranking up the FOV only makes your gun look farther away and doesn't even remotely alleviate the claustrophobic feeling, which it should. Thats not even mentioning the host of other problems 1p in arma based games have that previous posts have listed.

It's exactly the same FOV you get in every other FPS so presumably you can't play those either. What you see through your screen is the same as it would be in COD, BF4, etc and the FOV sldier works exactly the same except Arma allows you way more flexibility than COD ever will.

There's nothing wrong with the 1pp but the buildings and vehicles are another matter entirely which BIS, even in Arma 3 seem to do fuck all about, and annoyingly so. If you have either Arma 2 or 3, just go and sit in a truck, passenger side and wonder why, when you turn your head to look out the window your eyes are level with the top of the window. In fact, it's a little higher meanging you can see out the window anything below the door, but trying to look out further is impossible and this shit has been going on since OFP, as well as the fucking windows - how the fuck can a company continually make shitty buildings that don't make any sense.

There's nothing wrong with the view, the problem is with everything else your av is placed inside and it's been going on way too long that it's just ridiculous now. Bohemia employees all live in houses where the windowsill starts with their nose - and nobody at BIS noticed this?????? COME ON!!!!! lol

Hm, not my impression, I feel that also the view itself is too low, not only the windows too high, since everything else is also too high i would say. As someone just mentioned, the grass is way too high compared to your characters head. Also when I walk next to train rails, they seem to be at my waist height sometimes when I just walk next to them and they are slightly elevated. So yeah, you could probably say that everything else is too high, but I would just say the view is too low... Houses may be a special topic, if some are also strangely designed, so that doors are too low etc...

Edited by ErichZann

Hm, not my impression, I feel that also the view itself is too low, not only the windows too high, since everything else is also too high i would say. As someone just mentioned, the grass is way too high compared to your characters head. Also when I walk next to train rails, they seem to be at my waist height sometimes when I just walk next to them and they are slightly elevated. So yeah, you could probably say that everything else is too high, but I would just say the view is too low... Houses may be a special topic, if some are also strangely designed, so that doors are too low etc...

I dunno.

I just know when I enter a lot of buildings things just seem off and I can't quite place my finger on it. However, it's not enough to be a deal breaker but we definitely need the stance system incorporated into the game - that would make a world of difference.

This - why don't they put this in! Every FPS should have switchable stances now and as it's already coded into Arma 3 by the same company, just sling it in DayZ already!

So wrong it's ridiculous but when you can just mmake anything up, why not go for it BIG STYLE lol

No they need to fix it. Not only the windows but don't you feel the houses you walk into are somehow just weird. Like they're just a little too small or they're designed oddly - there's just something incredibly weird about every house I go inside except the barns, they just don't make sense. Next time you're in a house, think about the layout and how it would feel if you were there RL and had to live in it oh and BIS, start fixing this shit!

It's exactly the same FOV you get in every other FPS so presumably you can't play those either. What you see through your screen is the same as it would be in COD, BF4, etc and the FOV sldier works exactly the same except Arma allows you way more flexibility than COD ever will.

Except the camera is set higher in those, not in my neck.

Woah... wrong post. Nothing to see here!

/slowly walks out the door

Edited by Death By Crowbar