Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Bring Back Southcoast Spawns

I got this idea when I saw what they devs did to NEAF and I can bring DayZ back to a pristine state.

Give Balota the same exact treatment. Dumb it down completely, make it more civilian. Better yet, turn it into something like Kumyrna…blown out from fires and airstrikes.

Remove the loot tabels from the tents or just put like military clothes in it. My vote is turn tent city off completely. Now I know what your saying…why the hell would you want that? Let me explain...

This will allow the devs to turn the southcoast spawns back on. The only reason they are off is because they don't want tent city being gangbanged within 5-10 minutes of spawing fresh..

Cherno will go back to its original state…populated and full of action. Electro will be populated and most of all…NWAF will turn back into the warzone it should rightly be, just like the mod. You want action…you want loot? NWAF.

Berezino nor NEAF are designed for action. Now NEAF got the make-over, I can't wait to see where the herd moves to. Nobody is playing Novo, Karmanovka…dead. All these little shanty towns are just cluttering up tent space. Nobody is playing Karmanovka and that little hamlet above it, even though its only in experimental will forever be dead as a door nail. They got another plot northeast of the new town above Karmanovka where another shanty town will be that nobody will go to.

I'm not saying don't build it, just don't expect people to play dead zones near debug by forcing the spawns only on the east coast. Bring back the southern spawns. Enough is enough. Lets play the entire map.

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 3

I agree. The entire SW is a ghost town and that would fix it. We have enough military bases anyway. We do need some civilian hangars for NEAF and Balota, though

This will allow the devs to turn the southcoast spawns back on. The only reason they are off is because they don't want tent city being gangbanged within 5-10 minutes of spawing fresh..

Source?

For all we know the devs have turned them off to test changes in areas.

• Like 1

Source?

For all we know the devs have turned them off to test changes in areas.

Brian Hicks, producer of DayZ. Sift through his twitter or reddit [Hicks_206] and you'll find it.

• Like 1

South coast spawns did nothing to force people to play in the map.

# Procedural spawn or nothing.

South coast spawns did nothing to force people to play in the map.

# Procedural spawn or nothing.

Because it was only southern spawns. I never said get rid of east coast spawns, I said bring back southern spawns. That would give us south coast as well as east coast.

I don't know what a procedural spawn is.

Nope. Map is balanced for east coast spawns with all the major military spawns situated in central/western areas.

All the idots are swarming NWAF looking for some loot and hardly ever they go past Weresnik. At the same time there's fat loot just waiting to be picked up in Zeleno/Balota/Kamenka base.

Nobody stops you from going further from the spawns, hell you should do it just to test the entire map.

Cherno will go back to its original state…populated and full of action. Electro will be populated(...)

CoD that way -->

Nope. Map is balanced for east coast spawns with all the major military spawns situated in central/western areas.

All the idots are swarming NWAF looking for some loot and hardly ever they go past Weresnik. At the same time there's fat loot just waiting to be picked up in Zeleno/Balota/Kamenka base.

Nobody stops you from going further from the spawns, hell you should do it just to test the entire map.

CoD that way -->

/sign

I get the point tough, to move the spwans back to the southcoast but it would not be a good thing for the game as a whole.

Just imagine where the game will be in 6-8 month:

probably 60-100 people per server

Tents

loot respwans and cars

If you have all these things we will be able to start to populate the whole map. There will be good reasons to leave the coast as early as possible because there will always be some bandits there. If you ran straight to the middle of the map you ll be fairly save and you can survive by just hunting, fishing etc.

Cars will have an impact as well because if you want to increase your chances to get one you will need to go to places not everybody goes to...

Edited by donotlog

With all military spawns including Heli Crash sites(80 of them) littered up and down the western side of the map, it is now oriented east to west. Player spawns go up and down the eastern side of the map; according to Hicks in one of his streams; so it all looks like this is how it's going to be. I don't see an issue with it really, instead of south to north it's going east to west. Not much of a muchness.

i am totally ok with current spawns. why should u spawn on the east coast 10 minutes away from balota, kamenka/zeleno . i like the Change of NEAF!

Brian Hicks, producer of DayZ. Sift through his twitter or reddit [Hicks_206] and you'll find it.

You know, if you are the one making the claim, you are the one who has to produce the source.

Anyways, spawns will keep changing as they add to the map and want us to test things. The current spawns are not the final spawns.

You know, if you are the one making the claim, you are the one who has to produce the source.

Anyways, spawns will keep changing as they add to the map and want us to test things. The current spawns are not the final spawns.

I have heard Brian Hicks say this aswell, i think it was during one of his twitch streams. They have no intention of bringing back the southern spawns because all the high tier military spawns are in the west now that the NEAF has been 'civilianized' and they want plauers to have to trek across the map to get too them.

I agree though that balota should also become civilian. there are just too many military areas for the player numbers. If it became a larger civilian airport for 747 size aircraft with some proper airport terminals and hangers that would be really sweet. They could at least then return some spawns to around electro/ cherno.  

• Like 1

Yeah, the spawn situation is somewhat dorky at the moment, but any change they make now will have to be changed again later on, especially if they bump servers up to 100 peeps. I don't mind, but who knows what it will be like once we get bikes and all that.

should just spawn us in a random place in the woods imo, would stop the whole 'kill yourself to get better spawn' and just make people get on with it.

I got this idea when I saw what they devs did to NEAF and I can bring DayZ back to a pristine state.

Give Balota the same exact treatment. Dumb it down completely, make it more civilian. Better yet, turn it into something like Kumyrna…blown out from fires and airstrikes.

Remove the loot tabels from the tents or just put like military clothes in it. My vote is turn tent city off completely. Now I know what your saying…why the hell would you want that? Let me explain...

Cherno will go back to its original state…populated and full of action. Electro will be populated and most of all…NWAF will turn back into the warzone it should rightly be, just like the mod. You want action…you want loot? NWAF.

Berezino nor NEAF are designed for action. Now NEAF got the make-over, I can't wait to see where the herd moves to. Nobody is playing Novo, Karmanovka…dead. All these little shanty towns are just cluttering up tent space. Nobody is playing Karmanovka and that little hamlet above it, even though its only in experimental will forever be dead as a door nail. They got another plot northeast of the new town above Karmanovka where another shanty town will be that nobody will go to.

I'm not saying don't build it, just don't expect people to play dead zones near debug by forcing the spawns only on the east coast. Bring back the southern spawns. Enough is enough. Lets play the entire map.

Novo is dead too?

Where on earth are people these days?

kill yourself to get better spawn

That stuff doesn't work trust me. I tried this 30 times a few days ago. Spawned at Berezino about 20 of those times, the rest were spattered in terrible places.

for ? im only in the westside - no kids here ;) when you need to go more in the middle than walk ;) a littl adventure from the hotcoast to the other side ;)

Edited by Crusader78

how about let the designers make the game they are planning, and stop making out like you know what is best,

lots of players do use all the map,

• Like 4

No, please do NOT continue to restrict our experience through the systematic throttling of game mechanics and completely changing the map around because you made a perceived design flaw.

Give players freedom. That is the only part that made dayz what it truly is.. freedom to do what you want to do. 

If they want a central spawn point, so be it.. but stop changing the map to try to corral players into and out of certain areas.

Edited by lrish

i support the idea bump! Also NE airfield didnt need to be nerfed so bad . If devs do what they guy suggests then the problem will be solved

As much as I'm against the Call of Duty style of gameplay get geared and fight people, I honestly miss Elektrozavodsk being a thriving city like it used to be. I have found many more people up north, you hardly see people around Stary anymore. If bambi's want to flood Balota at the risk of getting gunned down by geared players or sniped by the infamous bastards on the hill I say let them. Berezino in my opinion is not made for combat, nor does it feel right seeing that many people there. I am 100% for Southern spawns to return. Another factor I think of is when you spawn South, NEAF is further, if not then near the same distance as NWAF, this will spread population more and keep the coast safer for newspawns, as well as getting people attracted to GM, military bases in Stary and Pavlovo. No longer a rush to NEAF server hop find a gun run back to berezino and fight die repeat. 

• Like 1

Well, it all depends on what player mobility paradigm they want. Which, has been stated, that they want folks moving from east-west (vice south-north in the mod) in the standalone. Hence why we now have a solid line of barracks running north-south along the western border of the map (NWAF, Dichina/Kabanino, Zelenogorsk, Pavlovo, Balota). That line is now the goal, vice the mod where it was pretty much just NWAF, Stary, and NEAF.

If they were sticking with the south-north mobility paradigm, then I'd be more sympathetic to revamping Balota from a practical standpoint.

Likewise, if they were to endorse a more diagonal approach (i.e. spawn all along the coast, and move toward NWAF) then I'd support it as well.

And, on a personal note, I just find Balota to be boring. I always have. It's just not a fun place to be, or look at. So, any revamp of it, even if it's just aesthetic, would be welcome.

But, if they're going to keep the east-west mobility idea going... they don't really have to downgrade Balota. It'd still be on the extreme limit of where players would be moving, and would be no further than a crawl from Svetlo to NWAF if folks could spawn near Skalisty as a southerly limit.

In an ideal world, I'd want a bit of asymmetry in their approach. And yes, there are more subtle, rewarding, and wholesome solutions than just plopping people down randomly over the map.

For one, random spawns are incompatible with a persistent world in my mind. Anybody able to spawn even a single step closer to my tent, based on nothing but chance (vice my having control over where I place my tent relative to common pathways and spawn points), is unacceptable to me.

Second, I want people to be given more fluid reasons to go to different locations based upon demand and survival needs. So one day it would be more prudent for you to sneak into NWAF. Another day it would be more prudent for you to just linger around a small village. Another day it would be prudent for you to head back into a major city. Everywhere, every location, needs to have a distinct purpose. Creating dynamic resources, limited resources, more survival demands, player control of territory, and increasing the threat of zombies are all potent motivators in determining player mobility. The issue now, is that there are very few factors which dictate player mobility (mainly just loot).

Third, (largely related to the second bit) I want people to be moving to and from places. Not just to places. This mainly has to do with cities. Right now, they're just where people go initially. I don't want that to be the case. I'd rather have the cities be prohibitive for newspawns to negotiate (via the increased threat of zombies, for one). Cities, in my mind, should be places to which players return once they're geared. They should become bastions, where well-armed folks duke it out for valuable resources hidden amongst hordes of tough zombies. Not absolute gold mines for unarmed players.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1